Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With

Time off sick
Multiple flashing episodes in cctv areas
Ambulance outside his house days before
Self harm in the cell
Erratic behaviour etc

There may well be some serious mental health issues here ..

The time off sick and erratic behaviour begs a question also should he have been back at work working with guns

yes i'm beginning to wonder if there has been chronic mental breakdown (perhaps medicated) over the last year or two. previously i had supposed this was a case of a serial killer with attacks going back decades, but not so sure now.

If you take 800,000 crimes reported a year and say you want 1 single officer to look at it for just one hour that is 22,000 people required full time doing nothing else. If you want 1 work day spent, you need 180,000 roughly. That's just investigating. Met has 33,000 officers across everything at present.
Perhaps it's time to upgrade certain crimes. Leaving aside the sheer horrendous human cost of what has happened - look at the resources now being used to investigate this. I've only followed two cases on WS. In both the murder was preceded by incidents of IE. In both cases they would have been relatively easy to solve

I've gone from one extrem to the other here.

From yesterday thinking with all the police activity that they had stumbled on more than one body.

To now where I'm starting to think they're struggling to pin this on him evidence wise.

24 hours to charge him and even though its confirmed as poor Sarah's body I'm getting a bit of a bad feeling about this.

Could be talking crap

First post on this thread. like most of the UK I am horrified by this crime, my thoughts go to Sarah’s family it is the stuff of nightmares. Being that WC is a police officer I suspect he may well exercise his right to remain silent, which means that the work to build a case against him becomes all the more crucial.

As a woman who has felt the fear in my throat when someone walks a bit too close to me at night, has crossed over the road and got my phone out pretending to make a call, the most terrifying thing is that these monsters can be disguised as someone who we can trust to save us.

How you describe the "fear in your throat" is very palpable and I think it is very important to describe such feelings loud and clear, so us males can equate it to feelings of fear we have experienced, often in different circumstances, but nevertheless unforgotten.

Personally, I have always crossed to the opposite side of the road well in advance and taken a wide line to avoid sudden encounters, particularly when it's dark, just to try and alleviate any apprehension for others and to be street smart myself.

@ashford5 I wonder if the owners were happy to keep the land unoccupied in the hope someone would take an option on it for housing as part of the Chilmington Green development.

Regarding soil etc on tyres, the Greensand Way runs very close to the site, in an area of heavy clay soil, so anything taken from tyres might be easily tracked to the area.

They’d be waiting for a long time unless all the other land (all farm land) down to the A28 would be developed and I don’t think the council would dare considering all the drama with CG. And Great Chart with Singleton PC would object.

Good point about Greensand. Of course still leaves the question how he knew the place but as others have said, he may have played there when it was open.

It is a good thing we can’t see in his head. At the same time I can’t stop trying to figure out what he was thinking need to find something to distract me!

I think there must be some link between him and the place (which is stupid if you think about it). I can’t think of a reason how the police knew to search there and then actually be right.

Even if they tracked him via ANPR and traffic cams to Ashford, once you get to the roundabout at Singleton it’s rural land on both sides with countless roads and lanes so the places he could have gone to after that are numerous and there are a lot of derelict buildings and hidden, secluded areas. Unless of course the car had a tracker or he kept his phone on but surely you don’t commit murder and are that stupid, especially if you’re a police officer. Or he went through Great Chart and someone’s CCTV caught him.

IMO not fact, It could be possible that at some point the police were on to him and following him. Maybe he went back to that site after he hid her body and that's what brought them to the location. I think someone on a much earlier post mentioned the possibility of plain clothed officers close to the residence.

Just catching up so forgive the question..has it been reported they knew a name and car reg number for the McDonalds incident?
No. MET has only confirmed receiving two separate reports for IE on Feb 28. I don't think they've ever named McDonald's -- only a south London restaurant. Seems that media is reporting many assumptions. MOO

From yesterday thinking with all the police activity that they had stumbled on more than one body.

To now where I'm starting to think they're struggling to pin this on him evidence wise.

24 hours to charge him and even though its confirmed as poor Sarah's body I'm getting a bit of a bad feeling about this.

Could be talking crap

Could be talking crap

I find it hard to believe they are lacking evidence. How did they know where to find her body? Something he left or did must have led them to her.

It closed in 2019.
Thanks for the info. That's fairly recently closed.

WC worked at his family garage for many years, in Dover. I think that's about half an hour from Ashford. He has been connected to this area of Kent for many years. If the place her body was found used to do paintball and golf etc then I can imagine he went there and knew the place over the years. Moo

Sexual deviants are very dangerous indeed. Look at how dangerous PR was and how his sexual deviancy escalated to murdering Libby Squire.

Sexual deviants cannot control their urges, and the factors in their life at a given time can decide how far they go. Indecent Exposure one day might become murder the next day if say an argument has taken place, or his urge for sexual gratification has built up to a point where he is going to take what he wants, whether he harms someone in the process or not. Sexual deviants often view women as objects rather than human beings, they are disposable to them and only good for one thing.

They are able to lead double lives and usually claim to have never considered harming their partner because they actually know them as a person and are usually unable to become aroused without some kind of Paraphilia involved. Which is why they hunt at night for unwilling victims. They want someone who is genuinely terrified to taunt and attack. They want to feel powerful and in control. For them even if their partner was willing to perform certain acts, roleplay consensual non consent etc eventually it will not be enough because they need an actual victim who is unsuspecting and unwilling.

It’s all about their sexual gratification, the element of having a woman completely powerless and honestly afraid for her life is what thrills these men and once they graduate from flashing in McDonald’s to physically attacking women there’s often no going back. All MOO.
^This^ Agree.

I'm way behind, just finishing the previous thread where there is again a bit of conversation about whether journalists are reading here. I also noticed this morning that @LeopardLeotard posted that there were forensics in the field taking tape, photographs of the back of the property and video. 10 minutes later she's saying press are heading round there :rolleyes:

I agree.

I agree with others that they are chronically underfunded but given where this crime has led on more than one occasion - it would save time, resources and trauma if it were seen as serious. Seeing them as minor crimes not only dimeans the fear women feel but at least two women would still be alive if two very simple IE cases had been investigated.

In this case they had a number plate and therefore name. It would have taken one trip which would have led to the alarming discovery that he was an armed officer.

The other thing is the reports that he'd been off sick for showing erratic behaviour. I thought being a firearms officers carried the highest level of constant checking! Surely anyone showing erratic behaviour should have had psychological tests.

Sorry rant over

Completely agree. I think that our society has this attitude that ‘flashing’ is something that harmless weirdos take part in, and therefore it isn’t treated as what it actually is: a sexual offence. I can see how an overstretched, underfunded police force wouldn’t prioritise it based on unconscious (or perhaps institutional? I don’t know how case allocation works) bias. Which is what needs to change coming out of this IMO.

Sorry if I was mistaken there but media reports say the garage business was in the family for a couple of generations and he worked there for some time - so must have been there a lot - and now lives near there.

The garage and his home are miles away that’s what makes it so strange about where he left her.

It may sound weird but people who live in Deal or Dover (his home and the old family business) are extremely unlikely to ever come to Ashford, some 40 miles away. They would normally stay in their area, maybe go to Canterbury or to Bluewater for shopping, or even to London but Ashford, not unless they have family or friends. There is just no need to come here.

Just catching up so forgive the question..has it been reported they knew a name and car reg number for the McDonalds incident?
Yes so MSM seem to be suggesting. The car number plate had been noted. Don't know if they knew he was police tho

IMO not fact, It could be possible that at some point the police were on to him and following him. Maybe he went back to that site after he hid her body and that's what brought them to the location. I think someone on a much earlier post mentioned the possibility of plain clothed officers close to the residence.
Could be. Maybe they fitted a tracker to his car? Maybe they followed him to the woods (although they might not have followed him in on the night as they might not know if he was armed, or he might run off into the darkness in the woods) but had to wait until he was at home to apprehend him? Jmo

Thanks for the info. That's fairly recently closed.

WC worked at his family garage for many years, in Dover. I think that's about half an hour from Ashford. He has been connected to this area of Kent for many years. If the place her body was found used to do paintball and golf etc then I can imagine he went there and knew the place over the years. Moo

It’s about 40 miles but see my other post, it’s not something people do (go from one Kent town to another) unless they have a specific reason.

He may well have played there but even that would need some kind of connection as there are countless driving ranges and paintball places all over Kent, including some much closer to Dover or Deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1