UK - the late Jimmy Savile and the underage sex charges now confronting the BBC

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yupyup. I sure do. A great many pedos like to 'network'. I have no doubt Gary Glitter and Savile did so regularly. And I am betting one wouldn't have to look to hard into Savile's regular contacts to find a couple of dozen more just like him.

Though by now, I would totally bet the farm his pedo pals are scurrying to cover their backsides and/or packing their bags for extended holidays in non-extradition nations.

Lift a rock, watch the maggots under it cringe away from the light.

You know, I really used to look at all the people posting on forums regarding massive global pedo networks, etc, as being a little bit dotty. Then the pedo rings started being infiltrated and the sheer enormity of it was shocking to me. And pedos on the net started getting caught left and right with thousands upon thousands of images of abused and raped children. This happens --every day. It's terrifying.

It's hard not to see these people as being everywhere - because they are. In their thousands, in all walks of life, causing untold harm to countless children and their families.

They're getting bolder, coming out openly with thier 'boylove' publications and sites, and the like, making arguments for why it's fine to have sex with underage children.

I just want them all dead. I really do.

By Byron Kaye From: The Daily Telegraph (Sydney, Aus) June 18, 2008
CHILD *advertiser censored*-convicted prosecutor Patrick Power may face charges of perverting the course of justice after hiding his smut-laden computer hard drive from police.
As he was formally struck off the legal register yesterday, the Court of Appeal found Power had obstructed legal proceedings by hiding crucial evidence from police in 2006.

The former NSW deputy senior crown prosecutor has already served six months in prison after being found with more than 400 pictures of underage gay sex - plus 31 videos - on his laptop computer.

But police did not find the computer's "F-drive" and yesterday Justice David Hodgson said Power had clearly hidden it because he knew it would be incriminating.

"The only plausible reason for doing this was to ensure that the F-drive would not be available to use as evidence against him," Justice Hodgson said.

"(Power) knew he was being investigated for a criminal offence and knew that it was inevitable that he would be charged with such an offence."

Perverting the course of justice carries a maximum jail term of 14 years, while tampering with evidence has a maximum sentence of 10 years.

Formally ending Power's once-impressive career, Justice Hodgson said he was guilty of professional misconduct and "not a fit and proper person" to remain in the profession.

He was found with 29,000 images of *advertiser censored* - of which 433 involved minors - after he took his computer for servicing to a Department of Public Prosecutions technician.

Police who searched Power's home a few days later failed to find the hard drive that was in the computer when it crashed. But they were able to reconstruct its obscene contents, some involving boys under 10.

Investigators also found Power had bookmarked websites with names that suggested child *advertiser censored*. Further analysis found an attempt to burn 14 video files on to DVD. Of the three that could be retrieved, all featured child *advertiser censored*.

Power argued he had an internet addiction and produced an extensive list of positive character references. But acting District Court Judge Brian Boulton said he must have known the consequences of getting caught.

Judge Boulton spent five hours viewing the material, which he described as "disgusting and depraved".
Power, 55, was not present in court for the decision. He was also ordered to pay costs for the proceedings, which were brought by the NSW Bar Association.

How on earth was a DJ considered qualified to fix financial problems at a hospital?!

And how was a DJ qualified to conduct foreign diplomacy with the leaders of Israel? I saw that news in an earlier post and was shocked.

And how was a DJ qualified to conduct foreign diplomacy with the leaders of Israel? I saw that news in an earlier post and was shocked.

Good grief, I must have missed this. WHAT was he doing in regards to foreign diplomacy?!

Oh, and How's this for irony - one of the articles I read this morning sez that the church is considering posthumously stripping Savile of some Papal award/order he received. :eek:hoh:

Salem us Brits have to pay TV License fees of £150 per year to the BBC. The money funds their programmes and pays for the rubbish they make us watch. Thank heavens for satellite and cable. I like HBO lol

Now see, the grass is always greener, I love the BBCs programming. I'd gladly pay a license fee for quality shows and decent news reporting. :)

Esther Rantzen, the founder of ChildLine, has been sacked by the National Association for People Abused in Childhood. The decision follows Rantzen's admission that she blocked her ears to all the rumours about Jimmy Savile.

More at link

Esther Rantzen, the founder of ChildLine, has been sacked by the National Association for People Abused in Childhood. The decision follows Rantzen's admission that she blocked her ears to all the rumours about Jimmy Savile.

More at link

Too right, now take away his knighthood

More at link

Jimmy Savile like Jerry Sandusky had cover ups by various institutions.

Excellent Guardian link with spreadsheets and diagrams providing an overview of who was in charge at the BBC when Savile was up to his nefarious activities

"Jimmy Savile at the BBC: who was in charge?
The BBC has been in the news as the coverage of the Jimmy Savile abuse allegations have grown. With Savile's BBC career spanning decades there is a focus now on the public broadcaster and those who were in charge during his time there. The spreadsheet below shows data collated from sources including the BBC and research by Guardian journalists. Roll over the chart below to see who was in charge when and what they said"

Esther Rantzen: 'How I long to turn the clock back'
We were all part of a conspiracy of silence – and that’s why it is vital that Savile’s victims come forward to tell their stories....

From the Telegraph article above;

-For decades, nobody said anything, at least not publicly, not officially. Everyone knew – that is, everyone in the television and pop music industries knew. The rumours swirled around him, that he sexually abused young girls. A journalist friend told me in the 1970s about a little girl with a heart defect. Jimmy had helped her to have the defect surgically corrected. A newspaper heard about his generosity and contacted the girl’s family to run the story, but the family refused to talk to them because they were sickened by what they knew he had done to her to make her “earn” the operation.-

Esther Rantzen: 'How I long to turn the clock back'
We were all part of a conspiracy of silence – and that’s why it is vital that Savile’s victims come forward to tell their stories....

From the Telegraph article above;

-For decades, nobody said anything, at least not publicly, not officially. Everyone knew – that is, everyone in the television and pop music industries knew. The rumours swirled around him, that he sexually abused young girls. A journalist friend told me in the 1970s about a little girl with a heart defect. Jimmy had helped her to have the defect surgically corrected. A newspaper heard about his generosity and contacted the girl’s family to run the story, but the family refused to talk to them because they were sickened by what they knew he had done to her to make her “earn” the operation.-
The police should be forced to release the list of Operation Ore, I want to know if Savile was on it.

Comedian Jerry Sadowitz outed Savile years ago. I'll be paying closer attention to what he says from now on

Time to abolish the licence fee. Why should the public pay the wages of perverts and those who cover for perverts. Let them sink, or swim, just like all the other channels.

It's funny how we get a huge fine or a prison sentence for not paying the TV license, yet Savile got away scot free for multiple rapes and necrophilia. Until now, because Hell is hot and it lasts forever

How on earth was a DJ considered qualified to fix financial problems at a hospital?!
Only in Thatcher's England: "They're casting their problem on society. And, you know, there is no such thing as society."

Interesting reads:

Gripes about gropes aren't the real issue in the Jimmy Savile child sex abuse scandal (Mirror)
By choosing now to bring their personal grievances into the spotlight, women are muddying
what was previously a very clear issue – that Savile was molesting and raping children

Jimmy Savile confessed to reporter that he would be seen as 'crooked' after his death (Telegraph)
Jimmy Savile confessed to a reporter that his reputation would collapse after
his death and he would come to be regarded as “crooked”, it has emerged

Scotland Yard has launched a "formal criminal investigation" into alleged incidences of sex abuse by the late BBC presenter Sir Jimmy Savile and others.

The Metropolitan Police said more than 400 lines of inquiry had been "assessed" and over 200 potential victims have been identified.

Cdr Peter Spindler said a "staggering" number of victims had come forward.

Children's charity the NSPCC said Savile could have been "one of the most prolific sex offenders".

Scotland Yard said the investigation - dubbed Operation Yewtree - moved from an assessment to a criminal investigation after detectives established there are lines of inquiry involving "living people that require formal investigation".

Of the 200 victims, the Met said the "vast majority" were victims of Savile and were abused as children, but that the figure also includes victims of alleged abuse "by other individuals".

The force would not say how many living people were under investigation. Savile died on 29 October 2011 aged 84.

Cdr Spindler said the response from the public had been "astounding".

He added: "We are dealing with alleged abuse on an unprecedented scale. The profile of this operation has empowered a staggering number of victims to come forward to report the sexual exploitation which occurred during their childhood.

Continue reading the main story
“
Start Quote

It's important we recognise the brave step victims have taken in coming forward and we urge any other victims to do the same”

Peter Watt
NSPCC
"I am pleased that victims feel confident enough to speak out about the abuse they suffered and would like to reassure the public that we take all these cases very seriously and they will be investigated with the utmost sensitivity."

Ten police officers and staff are working on the investigation, but it is thought it may take longer than originally anticipated for their report to be completed.

The Met added that the BBC could begin its internal review into Savile's time at the BBC, which can be run in parallel to the criminal investigation.

The force said they would "develop a protocol", ensuring that "any future potential criminal action is not jeopardised" by the BBC's own inquiries.

The inquiry is one of three BBC probes. It will be lead by former Court of Appeal judge Dame Janet Smith and will investigate the "culture and practices of the BBC" during the years that Savile worked for the corporation.

Dame Janet was appointed on Tuesday by Dame Fiona Reynolds, chairman of the BBC Executive Board and agreed by the BBC Trust.

In a statement, the BBC said it welcomed the move and would ask Dame Janet "to start her review immediately".

Peter Watt, head of the NSPCC's helpline, said the charity had received more than 136 calls "directly relating to allegations against [Savile]".

"It's important we recognise the brave step victims have taken in coming forward and we urge any other victims to do the same."

Mr Watt added that increasing numbers of people were reporting "unrelated abuse" after hearing victims in the Savile case speak out.

As well as police and BBC investigations, inquiries are taking place into Savile's involvement with Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Broadmoor and Leeds General Infirmary.

Meanwhile, the BBC is to air a special edition of Panorama, looking into the issues surrounding Savile's years of alleged abuse, on BBC One at 20:30 BST on Monday.

Other programmes could be moved if the show runs longer than the half-hour slot currently scheduled.

Jimmy Savile inquiry into child sex abuse claims is now a
criminal investigation as more than 200 victims are identified
(Daily Mail)
• Met had been conducting an 'assessment' into abuse claims against Savile
• Met Police Commander Peter Spindler, said: 'We are dealing with alleged abuse on an unprecedented scale'
• NSPCC call Savile 'one of the most prolific sex offenders' the charity has ever come across
• Savile says he 'wasn't a straight punter but crooked' and asks for 'phone in heaven' in unpublished interview
• Detectives found that those involved in or knew about alleged abuse include some 'living people that require formal investigation'

0 2 0 0 Victims
0 4 0 0 Lines of Inquiry

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties