GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think the reason this is not getting much news is that the police don't need any help with it - they just need the evidence to prove what they believe has happened.

To make nationwide or even worldwide appeals for the general public to look out for her would result in their switchboards being overloaded with false sightings. Can you imagine the number of attention seekers this kind of appeal would encourage? They know she is still local, they probably have a very good idea of what has happened to her, they just need to find her or evidence enough to arrest and charge whoever the perpetrator might be.

BIB There's a huge amount of police activity at the grandmothers house according to Sky. It's been cordoned off with about 20 uniformed police arriving.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned - I'm new to this. Not making any accusations but isn't it a bit strange to talk about a missing person in the past tense unless you know she's not alive any more?

From the Daily Mail (re interview on ITV):

He was interviewed by detectives as a witness for two hours on Wednesday but not arrested.

But he insisted on camera yesterday: ‘I’d never think of it, I loved her to bits, like she is my own daughter.

‘She wanted it, she got it. She has got a loving home. I know deep down she walked down that path. What happened after that I don’t know.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ssing-schoolgirl-come-home.html#ixzz23929NIgR

And I think the Uncle knows more than he's letting on.

He doesn't just talk in past tense, he mixes past and present. For example 'she HAS got a loving home'. I'm suspicious of him but not because of his use of past tense. People do speak like that in these cases and turn out to be innocent.

Police have sealed off an a around the grandmother's home. I Just heard it on LBC radio. No more info at this time.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned - I'm new to this. Not making any accusations but isn't it a bit strange to talk about a missing person in the past tense unless you know she's not alive any more?

From the Daily Mail (re interview on ITV):

He was interviewed by detectives as a witness for two hours on Wednesday but not arrested.

But he insisted on camera yesterday: ‘I’d never think of it, I loved her to bits, like she is my own daughter.

‘She wanted it, she got it. She has got a loving home. I know deep down she walked down that path. What happened after that I don’t know.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ssing-schoolgirl-come-home.html#ixzz23929NIgR

And I think the Uncle knows more than he's letting on.

It's the DM though, most of the time the can't spell let alone transcribe accurately, watch the actual interview - theres a link on this thread.

True. And on the 'loving home' 'angel' thread- if there were no problems at home whatsoever why would the first thing the uncle say (and keep repeating) is for her to come home because she's "not in any trouble"??

I think that she had an *accident* and SH did not know how to deal with it.

The latest developments do not look good at all...and SH has gone AWOL and there's the possibility of a man's body found at the local landfill...:what: Yikes!

According to Sky news, the police are describing the current situation as a "pre-planned raid"...

He doesn't just talk in past tense, he mixes past and present. For example 'she HAS got a loving home'. I'm suspicious of him but not because of his use of past tense. People do speak like that in these cases and turn out to be innocent.

She has got a loving home isn't past tense??

I have watched the interview, either SN is a very very good liar or he is not the main guilty party. There was no displacement body language (touching face when talking, scratching neck, nose, etc...)

His speech, well we could nit pick, but we have to remember he is not used to received pronunciation/queens English and so he speaks colloquially.

I do not understand why a pre-planned raid.They have been searching garages and dustbins all week and have had dogs into the house.Is it a raid of neighbouring houses?

Sky did not mention a man's body being found.

She has got a loving home isn't past tense??

I have watched the interview, either SN is a very very good liar or he is not the main guilty party. There was no displacement body language (touching face when talking, scratching neck, nose, etc...)

His speech, well we could nit pick, but we have to remember he is not used to received pronunciation/queens English and so he speaks colloquially.

SN? Do you mean SH?:moo:

Apparently the police are getting angry over the way the media is covering this and hinting at family involvement. I hope we see those doing this prosecuted for contempt of court, what if they ruin a chance at prosecution because they a defence lawyer claimed there was too much prejudicial coverage for a fair trial?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/aug/09/tia-sharp-police-angered-shannon

According to the BBc the police have shut off an alley near her grandmother's house, but it is nto clear if this is the area they are searching or if they have just closed it to stop the public accessing the area they are searching. Does this alley run behind the house?

Yes sorry! My blinking iPad keeps changing things I type !!

Oh dear. It just does not look good at all.
http://news.sky.com/story/971039/tia-sharp-latest-police-surround-house

A PRE-PLANNED raid with Tia's mum and SH missing. I do think the police have known more than they said.

It does not look good when someone goes missing on the day of a raid.

All along I have wondered if the family was preventing the mum from speaking?

Guess today will show more developments.

Ugh brings back images of that cordon In got caught up in. I do so hope that this does not mean they are looking for her body.

I do not understand why a pre-planned raid.They have been searching garages and dustbins all week and have had dogs into the house.Is it a raid of neighbouring houses?

I can't find any official mention of it, so that's why I said unconfirmed. I read it on Facebook - someone said it was reported by Capital radio, I didn't hear it myself. I will listen to Capital radio at 1pm to see if they report it again.

Wondering if perhaps things that were found in those previous searches, like DNA on the bedding, needed to be forensically checked and confirmed prior to the police making their big move.

So far this has all seemed to be quite choreographed, including the limited press coverage. Almost an 'if we give someone enough rope...' situation, as if they had a good idea from the outset at the most probable scenario (based on lack of corroborating evidence: CCTV footage etc) and were getting their ducks (*seems ducks are my theme of the day) in a row in order to have a solid case.

I guess we will soon find out.

I'm not understanding how the mother and/or SH can have their whereabouts unknown. I appreciate that they are not under arrest and are free to go wherever they like, but surely the police would at least FOLLOW and monitor if either of them went anywhere, bearing in mind that they are two of the closest people to the missing child?! I can't see them being unsurveilled and LE just allowing them to wander off. Perhaps although the grandmother doesn't know their whereabouts, the police DO...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgieCat