GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sad news but not unexpected. Poor Tia.

Still don't understand why this house was not searched more thoroughly earlier on. It was always a potential crime scene but was allowed to be entered by all kinds of people. There was never any evidence she had left this house.

I totally agree. So sad.

UGH, I thought I was expecting this but I still somehow feel surprised, maybe because Hazell's interview convinced me that my initial suspicion had been incorrect.

Sky made a speculative comment about "increased temperatures" having led police to the find, I presume alluding to decomposition odours, though I imagine this comes from Sky only, not from the police. The ladders being carried in earlier makes me wonder if the body was hidden in an attic or roof-space which could explain the dogs earlier in the week not finding her??

We are of course assuming that the body is Tia. It could be her newly-missing mother (who I'm sure will now also fall under suspicion having done a runner) for all we know.

What did I say in my last post about giving police the benefit of the doubt and having all family members under close watch?! Can't believe their prime suspect is wandering about in the open somewhere and has been for at least several hours, he could be well out of the city by now.

Where on earth is the mother as well? If she dissapeared earlier she may not even know she's dead. Unless she knew already. It's all very odd. I'm sure the police have known that it was likely to go this way for a while but why on earth weren't they watching him more carefully.

Nothing made any sense in this case, but the one thing that stood out for me was an 12 year old girl going out for the day and leaving her mobile behind!

Very sad indeed, I wonder where he hid her body and how it went undetected for a week! I feel the police may have failed in a few areas with this case, I don't think for one minute they could have prevented whatever happened to Tia, but it's taken a week to get dogs in........shocking!

WHY did this take a week???

Agreed.

I also think it was apparent from the get go that SH was their man whether it was a kidnapping or a tragic end like it has emerged. So sad.

Why didn't they keep him in custody?

In another forum a member has stated the child's remains were in the loft and apparently this has been confirmed by Sky news

Just a thought - maybe it wasn't only SH involved. Like others have said, her mother has done a runner too, and mum's boyfriend was keen to be at SH's side...

Oh no, I just heard this on the wireless. I really hoped this wasn't the case.
If I wrote what I thought about "granddad" and this whole bloody mess I would be banned.
Poor Tia, she didn't deserve this :cry:

I am, once again, FURIOUS!! At stupid women who decide that having a man in their bed is more important than ANYTHING!! Get a clue, mom, and grandma! He wanted to be around you to get at Tia!! May her little face haunt you, FOREVER! :mad::mad::mad:

Exactly the way I feel Amster. Sick of this happening over and over.

Oh I'm so sad. And angry with the police for being so 'polite'. This preventable tragedy will reverberate through the entire extended family, neighbours ...

There has to be formulation of new protocols as regards search procedures, surely

Now I'm angry.:banghead:

Just watching the Sky News coverage. The police have some 'splaining to do.

I assume that poor Tia was in the loft but for the police to be going into that house for a week and not search it thoroughly is shocking IMO.

On top of this, SH is on the run!? :what:

There were ladders bein taken in...in a house of that size, the only place she could have been hidden would be the loft. Yoiu'd think after a week in this weather that cadaver dogs if not humans would have picked up scent.

I'm concerned that so much time has elapsed....any forensic data will have been tainted.
Even the press have been traipsing in and out of there.

SH is getting into a police car on Sky news, is that now or is that footage from before?

I think there's still more to come out and I would not be at all suprised if the grandmother is a key factor in all this.

Maybe it wasn't SH. I don't understand why he'd have hidden the body in the house and let the police into search. It just makes no sense. Surely he must have known that he would not be able to keep it hidden from the police and his family forever. It just makes no sense at all...not that much does about this.

Maybe it wasn't SH. I don't understand why he'd have hidden the body in the house and let the police into search. It just makes no sense. Surely he must have known that he would not be able to keep it hidden from the police and his family forever. It just makes no sense at all...not that much does about this.

If he was not the only family member involved, I suppose it makes some sense he'd leave the body there until he disposed of it. But yes - did he/they really not imagine the police would find the body?!

Don't know when the mother vanished, but in another forum someone stated that a police officer let it slip two and a half hours ago that a body had been discovered in the house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgieCat