GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding lofts. I live in a 200 year old house with a loft. I can access the loft by standing on a chair, climbing onto the stair banisters (underneath the loft entrance) and pulling myself up. In the loft I have to stand on the beams otherwise I take the risk of falling through the ceiling. That said, I have some very heavy boxes of books etc sitting between the beams, so far these haven't fallen through the ceiling.
I have no intention of ever doing so but it would be easy to hide a body in my loft as long as it was sealed. There is a large area and loads of boxes ,black bags etc up there

No, I think it is sloppy reporting. There is a fuller version posted somewhere of what DN said, which makes it clearer. I think Clio originally posted it, I'll try and find it again.

ETA: Got it. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...l-12-disappears-on-way-to-buy-flip-flops.html

It's important to remember that press reports are secondary sources, as opposed to filmed pieces where you actually hear and see the person speaking. I've seen one piece with DN where he was clearly being doorstepped by reporters. In these circumstances the person is responding to questions shouted by different reporters, and there's no real cohesion. Thus what ends up in the written report can be quite disjointed and misleading.

I am very much in agreement that press reports are secondary sources. I also saw the doorstepping by reporters. I was therefore interested when I found the following.

The New Addington Pathfinders (NAP) group are a resident led community group in NA. They have a community FB page. The police were liaising with the NAP during the search. Tony Pearson is a local councillor and he posted a statement from Chief Inspector Caroline Trevithick on 5th Aug at 20:49. It is still there.

It states (extract, the full statement is much longer)

"Please accept our greatest thanks for your efforts and initiative today in your tireless search to find Tia Sharp. All we can be certain of at this time is that Tia was last seen by a family member at 12.10pm on Friday, 03 August in the Fieldway area. She left to go into Croydon Town Centre to buy some shoes, and was due to return to her home address in Mitcham at 6.00pm the same night. She did not arrive and was reported missing at Croydon Police Station at approximately 10pm on Friday."

The post kept getting bumped so although it's timed at 5th Aug 20:49 it appears in the FB timeline just after 22:08 on 6th Aug.

We don't know for a fact that little Tia did eat the pizza on Thursday evening. So it may have been the same pizza in the oven on the Friday when CB was home.

CB lied and/or covered for him though (about the fair, search for Tia, etc), was she protecting him because she believed that little Tia had gone missing, did she know what happened to little Tia from the Friday or did she only realize later in the week???

I also think the Friday pizza was actually the Thursday pizza which was never eaten........ if that is so, then CB must have been * covering up* - but to what extent I am not sure.

My belief is that they needed the Friday afternoon to * deal with the situation * ( this is based on the belief that CB really didnt get home until 2.30pm ) and after they had done what had to be done, they then needed a stiff drink or two before they could face going to see NS to tell her the news.

By this time I think it was probably after 8pm and they needed a reason as to why they hadnt phoned or gone to see NS earlier ...hence the hour long visit to the fair was added in, to make it seem as though they had been doing everything possible to find TS before breaking the news to NS.

With regard to PM and the arrest for assisting an offender.

What if PM loaned a ladder to SH and CB ( or maybe just SH ) without knowing why he/they needed it.

Perhaps this information was made known on Friday to the police and hence the reason for the arrest so quickly on Friday evening, after TS had been found.

What if PM loaned a ladder to SH and CB ( or maybe just SH ) without knowing why he/they needed it.

Perhaps this information was made known on Friday to the police and hence the reason for the arrest so quickly on Friday evening, after TS had been found.

I thought that PM was released on bail. This would suggest to me that they have more than that on him, and he must have known about a crime, if not murder, then at least something criminal.

Do we know who was in the NA house all through the week until the body was found?

Not for sure. At least I don't. My impression is that the house was pretty full of people all week until the morning of Friday 10th. Certainly early in the week NS and DN were there. And there were photos of various family/friends taking pots of food to the house.

On the morning of Friday 10th CS told the press that she didn't know where NS and SH were. (Which may or may not have been the truth).

After the body was found, the Sun reported that an ex-lodger had been there aswell and he is quoted as saying

It is sickening to think that we were all in that house waiting for news of Tia, and her body was probably in the house all the time. I used to live a few feet from that loft.” David added: “Natalie, Tia’s mum, was in bits. We tried to keep her spirits up by having a laugh and a joke with her, but she looked completely gaunt.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...was-left-above-my-old-room.html#ixzz24kWVwm5q

Why do the members of this family keep saying that "she was in BITS"....such a strange thing to say IMO.....Bits?

Why do the members of this family keep saying that "she was in BITS"....such a strange thing to say IMO.....Bits?

its just an expression that's used to describe how upset you are.

its just an expression that's used to describe how upset you are.

Is it a common term in NA?

ETA It's not something I would say but then I wouldn't say "from the day dot" either

It could be that a cadaver dog indicated that a body had been in PM's loft.

They would need to officially arrest him so that anything he said could be used in evidence.

A condition of bail could also be that he is not permitted to discuss ths case with anyone or to have contact with any family member.

I am very much in agreement that press reports are secondary sources. I also saw the doorstepping by reporters. I was therefore interested when I found the following.

The New Addington Pathfinders (NAP) group are a resident led community group in NA. They have a community FB page. The police were liaising with the NAP during the search. Tony Pearson is a local councillor and he posted a statement from Chief Inspector Caroline Trevithick on 5th Aug at 20:49. It is still there.

It states (extract, the full statement is much longer)

The post kept getting bumped so although it's timed at 5th Aug 20:49 it appears in the FB timeline just after 22:08 on 6th Aug.

Thank you for posting this.

It appears also from that report that Tia was reported missing at the police station in Croydon rather than from The Merton or New Addington house.

Thank you for posting this.

It appears also from that report that Tia was reported missing at the police station in Croydon rather than from The Merton or New Addington house.

You could read it like that I guess. In the sense that somebody physically went to the Croydon police station you mean, as opposed to phoning.

You could read it like that I guess. In the sense that somebody physically went to the Croydon police station you mean, as opposed to phoning.

Yes,before I had just assumed they had phoned from one of the houses,but it made me think that it could have been reported by a family member at the station.

Why report it to Croydon Police? would make more sense to call either the NA or Merton Police. I would understand if the family had gone to the Croydon Shopping Center looked for Tia and couldn't find her, but they didn't go to the place they said she was going. The only place that the family said they physically searched was some obscure fair near their home....They didn't even say they called her friends or stopped by neighbors to see if she was there or if they had seen her, which most parents would do, in particular after SH stated during the interview that Tia had NO key to the home and if she was locked out would go to friends or neighbors. The Family's Behavior is most Bizarre.

Is it a common term in NA?

ETA It's not something I would say but then I wouldn't say "from the day dot" either

its depends where you live but in London and surrounding areas both are used quite a lot.

Why report it to Croydon Police? would make more sense to call either the NA or Merton Police. I would understand if the family had gone to the Croydon Shopping Center looked for Tia and couldn't find her, but they didn't go to the place they said she was going. The only place that the family said they physically searched was some obscure fair near their home....They didn't even say they called her friends or stopped by neighbors to see if she was there or if they had seen her, which most parents would do, in particular after SH stated during the interview that Tia had NO key to the home and if she was locked out would go to friends or neighbors. The Family's Behavior is most Bizarre.

The Addington Village Police station public desk is closed after a certain time of night and only used by Police on duty in the area

just to add also, New Addington is actually covered by South Norwood Police.

"Please accept our greatest thanks for your efforts and initiative today in your tireless search to find Tia Sharp. All we can be certain of at this time is that Tia was last seen by a family member at 12.10pm on Friday, 03 August in the Fieldway area. She left to go into Croydon Town Centre to buy some shoes, and was due to return to her home address in Mitcham at 6.00pm the same night. She did not arrive and was reported missing at Croydon Police Station at approximately 10pm on Friday."

I don't think I've heard this version before. This implies that she left home on Thursday and stayed the night at Gran's house BUT that when she left to go shopping she was not expected to return to Gran's, but going home? :waitasec:

A fairly modern coinage, I think. It probably derives from the older expression "go to pieces" (i.e. fall apart).

They didn't even say they called her friends or stopped by neighbors to see if she was there or if they had seen her, which most parents would do

Don't know about that. We only know what the media report, and it's entirely possible that members of the family did tell police that they had "rung round everyone" and "nobody's seen her" or something along those lines.

what doesn't help are the amount of conflicting news stories.

the only people who will have what is pretty much the true story is the Police, everybody on here are just going on stories that are different depending on where you read them.

also when a lot of stuff gets removed from websites it just makes it all the more confusing.

what doesn't help are the amount of conflicting news stories.

the only people who will have what is pretty much the true story is the Police, everybody on here are just going on stories that are different depending on where you read them.

also when a lot of stuff gets removed from websites it just makes it all the more confusing.

Hi, yes you are right about that. In the beginning there were lots of new points & good ideas raised by various members of WS, now I believe this will Slowly taper off until the time of the actual trial due to lack of new info

I only joined recently, so I took the time to start at the 1st forum (?) and read everyone's posts, I was amazed to see how many people were spot on with their instincts about SH & the whole family in general. You are all v.good

Quoted from Cherwell: "Don't know about that. We only know what the media report, and it's entirely possible that members of the family did tell police that they had "rung round everyone" and "nobody's seen her" or something along those lines.[/QUOTE]

True, but I was going off of what SH ( a primary source) stated in his TV interview....he said they searched the fair he never mentioned searching at friends or neighbors houses....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay