UK - US Diplomat's wife leaves UK after killing Harry Dunn, age 19, Northampton, Sept 2019 *suspended sentence*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really liked the article that stated extra signs had been posted by the base, as reminders to drive on the correct side of the road. Doh!

I think if she had stayed -- with only three weeks in the UK -- there might not even have been charges.

Instead we have an international incident!

Indeed, what does the 11 year old passenger learn from this?

JMHO YMMV

I think if she had stayed -- with only three weeks in the UK -- there might not even have been charges.

Instead we have an international incident!

Indeed, what does the 11 year old passenger learn from this?

JMHO YMMV

He learns the same type of ethics that parents involved in the "College Admissions" fraud taught their children.

Lets be clear here: it's blatantly obvious reading through the lines that she didn't decide to leave the UK of her own accord, since she was initially cooperative and had no intention to leave the country. She was TOLD to leave by the US State Department and there's a decent chance the UK Foreign Office was well aware of it as well. For a good analysis read this article:

The Foreign Office Must Be Challenged Over Sacoolas' Immunity - Craig Murray

The only thing I wonder about is why they even bothered, since she is unlikely to get more than a fine or a community sentence and a suspended license anyway.

According to this Mrs Sacoolas could be facing a maximum sentence of five years in prison and an unlimited fine for causing death by careless driving. However it is highly unlikely she would get anything like that.

Causing Death by Careless or Inconsiderate Driving (Section 2B of the Road Traffic Act 1988, amended by the Road Safety Act 2006, s. 20)

“The maximum penalty is five years in prison and an unlimited fine, but in reality, and as predicted by Brake prior to this charge's introduction, which we opposed, much lower penalties are being imposed, and even the maximum is only just over a third that for 'Causing Death by Dangerous Driving'.”

Charges and penalties for drivers who kill, maim and endanger - Brake the road safety charity

This is the important part of this article:

“It meant the UK and US governments agreed Mrs Sacoolas is no longer entitled to immunity and could face prosecution over the crash if she sets foot on British soil.

For the case to continue, she must either return to the UK of her own volition or be extradited.

The Crown Prosecution Service can apply to the US government to extradite her, but there are no guarantees.”

I’m not getting my hopes up over Mrs Sacoolas flying to the U.K anytime soon. I can’t see PT allowing her to be extradited.

I wonder what that means for her future travel. If the UK wants her, would all Commonwealth countries take the same position? That is, if she traveled to Australia, would an arrest warrant be waiting?

This post lands at random.

WS has rules ... please don't disregard them.

Rumors are NOT allowed and if you are going to state information as fact, you must provide an MSM or LE or scholarly link to support information stated as fact.

Thanks.

Harry’s parents Charlotte Charles and Tim Dunn hailed a ‘breakthrough’ after learning US citizen Anne Sacoolas no longer has diplomatic immunity from potential prosecution over the case.

The Foreign Office made the revelation in a letter to the family yesterday, explaining it is because her husband Jonathan has left his posting at RAF Croughton in Northamptonshire.

US diplomat accused of killing Harry Dunn no longer has immunity | Daily Mail Online

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Lets be clear here: it's blatantly obvious reading through the lines that she didn't decide to leave the UK of her own accord, since she was initially cooperative and had no intention to leave the country. She was TOLD to leave by the US State Department and there's a decent chance the UK Foreign Office was well aware of it as well. For a good analysis read this article:

The Foreign Office Must Be Challenged Over Sacoolas' Immunity - Craig Murray

The only thing I wonder about is why they even bothered, since she is unlikely to get more than a fine or a community sentence and a suspended license anyway.
I just read this too but it is a bit out of date now as the official narrative is now changing. Diplomat immunity is only for Diplomats in London Embassy. If she had diplomatic immunity, why flee the country anyway? AJMO

I don't think she'll return voluntarily. jmo

At first she was cooperative with British LE, admitted that she was at fault, and said she didn't intend to leave the UK. I wonder what or who changed that. Did someone pressure her to leave or frighten her by saying she'll get a life sentence or something? Going by her first reaction she seems to be a decent person. She must be in great conflict now which will only get better if she does what she thinks is the right thing to do and stop letting others manipulate her. jmo

I understand Harry's family deciding to go to the White House (I'd try any channel to get justice for my child, too) but I believe it will be PR at best, and at worst just another opportunity for the US president to make another awful situation all about him.

I can't get it to play. Does she say anything relevant? Is she going to return to the UK to sort this out?

She made the worst choice possible, in my humble opinion. She told police that she would be available for the inquiry interview two days later, When they called to do the interview, she had fled the country. Her husband had only been in the position for 3 weeks, and may not have had diplomatic immunity (see earlier comments).

As it stands, she is avoiding prosecution by fleeing the country, and very likely will end up with an interpol warrant if she doesn't sort this out soon. That will restrict her travel to her neighborhood and other States. That's a lot to give up when the worst that could happen is a couple of months in a nice jail, maybe a fine, and life goes on.

I have to wonder who advised her to take this route, one that placed her and her husband in jeopardy regarding job and opportunities. Just an opinion, but she couldn't have made worse choices.

I'm absolutely disgusted that the president outright told the Dunns that Mrs Sacoolas would not be returning to the UK and then revealed that she was in the next room and attempted to railroad Harry's parents into a meeting.

This sickening attempt at Dr Phil intervention diplomacy showed zero respect for the Dunns' right to be taken seriously. It was a 'shut them up and make it go away' meeting under a thin veneer of Official Sympathy. The Dunns were expected to be overwhelmed by the presence of the president and 'play nice'.

It's clear that the Sacoolas are politically well connected and there will be no attempt to give Harry Dunn the justice he deserves.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BDunnam
Back