UK - US Diplomat's wife leaves UK after killing Harry Dunn, age 19, Northampton, Sept 2019 *suspended sentence*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
New article suggesting that her immunity may be limited:

The husband of the American woman granted immunity following a fatal car crash in the UK was not registered as a diplomat, an expert in diplomatic law has said.

Harry Dunn death: Anne Sacoolas's husband 'not registered as diplomat'

That's good news! That should mean that she fled the country after assuring local police that she would not leave the country, and that she did not have any legal right to do this. She made a mistake, she killed a young man - a twin - and she will receive fair treatment in the UK for causing this death. She needs to account for what she did.

New article suggesting that her immunity may be limited:

The husband of the American woman granted immunity following a fatal car crash in the UK was not registered as a diplomat, an expert in diplomatic law has said.

Harry Dunn death: Anne Sacoolas's husband 'not registered as diplomat'

Now, that is interesting. If he is not a diplomat, they should issue a warrant to have her returned. And, if she or the US gvt. lied about diplomatic immunity that should be added to the charges. Just gross. I am so sorry for Harry and his family. They deserve justice.

It's a signals intelligence centre (SIGINT) and hosts a joint NSA/CIA unit, along with CIA and DIA (Defense Intelligence Agency) personnel from time to time.

"The base is notorious for relaying information stolen direct from German chancellor Angela Merkel's mobile phone back to the US for analysis."

I don't remember who was saying that it's not a spy base, but it certainly sounds like a place that people could refer to as a "spy base" to me. Sure, it's not a CIA black site, but we wouldn't know it was there if it was. MOO.

Some interesting detail in this article:

At the scene of the accident, Sacoolas, whose 12-year-old son was reportedly a passenger in the Volvo, was hysterical over what she had done. The car had diplomatic plates, but witnesses who rushed to the crash site told Northamptonshire police that Sacoolas immediately took the blame and gave all her details, including her British and American cellphone numbers.

[...]

When police went to the Croughton base the next day to tell Sacoolas that Dunn had died, she was understandably upset and assured them she had no plans to leave the country. When they came back a second time to get more information, she was lawyered up and assisted by officials from the U.S. Embassy to the U.K..

The police went back again Sept. 15 to place Sacoolas under formal questioning in a wrongful death inquiry but she, her husband, Jonathan, and their three children had left the country, claiming diplomatic immunity. The U.S. Embassy in London said they did so on the advice of the U.S. State Department.

[...]

For the record, Sacoolas and her husband are both registered Republicans. If she does come back, it will likely be of her own free will. It is highly unlikely the American government would force her to return.

After Killing Teen in U.K., Runaway Wife of U.S. ‘Spy’ Provokes Diplomatic Crisis

Bloody ridiculous, literally just touched on diplomatic immunity in class..

It would be interesting to know what year her Volvo XC90 was. I know volvos have a lot of great safety features, including one (lane keeping aid) that alerts the driver when they veer onto the wrong side of the road...

Bloody ridiculous, literally just touched on diplomatic immunity in class..

It would be interesting to know what year her Volvo XC90 was. I know volvos have a lot of great safety features, including one (lane keeping aid) that alerts the driver when they veer onto the wrong side of the road...

To add to this, it would need to be year 2015 or newer and the correct setting would need to be turned on (I didn’t realise it wasn’t an automatic thing).. but still - it’s a pretty useful and life saving feature if you are used to driving on the opposite side of the road!!

There is going to be no justice in this case unfortunately I don’t think the driver will ever set foot in the U.K. again. What was said by PT about the case must have made Harry’s loved ones incensed. I’m not trying to get political at all.

There is going to be no justice in this case unfortunately I don’t think the driver will ever set foot in the U.K. again. What was said by PT about the case must have made Harry’s loved ones incensed. I’m not trying to get political at all.

The family may get justice if they take the case to the US, as Sacoolas does not have immunity there. But I'm not holding out much hope.

Harry Dunn's bereft parents will fly to the US this weekend hoping to meet Donald Trump and demand he hands over a spy's wife accused of killing their son while driving on the wrong side of the road, MailOnline can reveal today.

Charlotte Graham and Tim Dunn will land in New York on Sunday and launch a media blitz with primetime interviews with America's three main TV networks - ABC, NBC and CBS.

Radd Seiger, who is representing the family, will fly from London to Washington DC tonight for talks with US lawyers, while a No 10 source told MailOnline they are hopeful Mr Trump is softening his stance on shielding Anne Sacoolas from justice.

The president today insisted the UK and US are 'trying to work something out' amid a transatlantic row over his protection of the American diplomat's wife who fled Britain after hitting Harry with her Volvo SUV outside a spy station in Northamptonshire.

Harry Dunn's family take fight direct to Donald Trump | Daily Mail Online

This is really abuse of "Diplomatic Immunity". The concept is that a diplomat cannot be arrested for some sort of "trumped up" charge, as leverage against another country.

It is not supposed to protect criminal or negligent behavior.

This is really abuse of "Diplomatic Immunity". The concept is that a diplomat cannot be arrested for some sort of "trumped up" charge, as leverage against another country.

It is not supposed to protect criminal or negligent behavior.

I agree with you entirely. It will be interesting to see what happens here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orions
Back