UPDATE- Bin Laden is Dead-President spoke

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you hear that?

ABC reported it. They only said she was used as a human shield, as far as I heard. I didn't hear that she was put in front of Bin Laden. Was that part stated on CNN?

well I am sorry for that soul, but if that is true, then at least we know that he knew for sure that he was going down.

Sorry not to have much sympathy for her and his son. What in the HE11 were they doing in his presence? Having tea? Discussing their next mission.

I understand what you're saying (using her as a shield) = but my goodness what would she expect! Unless of course she didn't know who he was (which I doubt).

MOO

Mel

I turned on the news and there it was, two minutes after it was reported. Been on the phone calling and texting all family and friends. Wow. What a day!!!!!!!!

well I am sorry for that soul, but if that is true, then at least we know that he knew for sure that he was going down.

It wouldn't surprise me that he would use a woman as a shield if that's what happened. He has no regard for human life whatsover. It just confirms to me that he was a coward, and he died a coward.

Sorry not to have much sympathy for her and his son. What in the HE11 were they doing in his presence? Having tea? Discussing their next mission.

I understand what you're saying (using her as a shield) = but my goodness what would she expect! Unless of course she didn't know who he was (which I doubt).

MOO

Mel

Totally get what you're sayin, Mel. But sounds like they were living it up in a Mansion in Pakistan! Or perhaps she was promised 70 Chippendale dancers on the other side???

MOO

Mel

I think it was reported 2 couriers, Osama, his eldest son, and a woman. What about body guards? Maybe he told his bodyguards to use his wife as a shield in that situation. I wouldn't put it past him.

P.S. Fox News has Usama Bin Laden...now! What in the world??

I remember right after 9/11, the horror I felt at the fall of the towers. And that horror was only compounded when they showed media from the reactiions in Afganistan and Pakistan and they were dancing and cheering in the streets. Well it is our turn now!!!

Their country is destroyed, their population in tears and now their "folk hero" died hiding behind a woman!

1 US helicopter lost but no US forces killed.

Woman was used as human shield.

Osama's eldest son was also killed.

2 couriers killed.

(All on ABC news right now)

I understand how you feel Goz. If the families that lost loved ones in 9-11 can get any kind of closure whatsoever I hope that it comes to them. I feel closure myself. I am crying tears of joy and I usually never cry and when I do I certainly don't get online and announce it.

Even more selfishly and I hate to even share this but after I processed this info---I cried because this has been a long hard war. 10 yrs. I'm praying that this is the beginning of the end. That this will begin the long process of the end of this war. That we will not capitulate in any way and fulfill our promises and complete our mission and that is make all Americans safe. Sorry to share that at this time but that is why I'm crying right now. Relief. Even though it's small it is still a glimmer of hope in my heart the end may now begin---hopefully.

But my prayers will be with those who lost friends and loved ones and that this will give them some small measure of hope as well. Just my thoughts.
Do you know I can actually visualize bringing baskets of food to those I knew who lost loved ones? It feels like yesterday. How can it be 10 years?

patrotic_flag_maccain.jpg

I am so incredibly proud to be an American!

"Make no mistake, the United States will hunt down and punish those responsible for these cowardly acts," Bush 9/11/2001

Former President George Bush's statement on Facebook tonight
May 1, 2011

Earlier this evening, President Obama called to inform me that American forces killed Osama bin Laden, the leader of the al Qaeda network that attacked America on September 11, 2001. I congratulated him and the men and women of our military and intelligence communities who devoted their lives to this mission. They have our everlasting gratitude. This momentous achievement marks a victory for America, for people who seek peace around the world, and for all those who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001. The fight against terror goes on, but tonight America has sent an unmistakable message: No matter how long it takes, justice will be done.

My flag is in storage, but will be hanging proudly at my house tomorrow. Just watched CNN, and have never felt so proud to be an American!

Hugs,

Mel
Funny...but I noticed someone's American flag today and had made the decision to take down what's hanging now. Weird how things like that happen.

People all over Facebook are changing their profile pics to an American flag and posting thoughts on the news! Twitter is also lit up.
I promised a little girl that I would keep her balloon as long as it took to get justice...but oh how I love that avatar!

I think it was reported 2 couriers, Osama, his eldest son, and a woman. What about body guards? Maybe he told his bodyguards to use his wife as a shield in that situation. I wouldn't put it past him.

P.S. Fox News has Usama Bin Laden...now! What in the world??

The moral of the story is don't hang out with the most wanted man in the world, chances are you could get killed. We almost got a 2 for today didn't Omar Kadafi almost get hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CamSoup