UPDATE- Bin Laden is Dead-President spoke

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Justice has been served, God Bless America!!!

I honestly thought this day would never come! But it did!!! :)

I am relieved that justice has been served and Osama has been removed from this earth. BUT, as a mother, I am nervous. My 8th grader will be traveling with her class to Washington D.C. next week. And while I'm excited at all the things she will see - to touch base with our country's history and its heritage - I am also more worried about her traveling there. Our school of course has procedures in place in case of a national emergency, but I will be waiting impatiently every night for her to call, so that I know she's okay. Can't help it - that's just how I feel.

I actually let out a squeal of delight at the news that OBL was dead and that we have his body!! I hooped and hollored and then clapped! It was this visceral reaction. My son came running to find out what the heck was going on...lol. I felt elation at this news. I actually sang "Ding dong the wretch is dead, the wretch is dead, THE WRETCH IS DEAD, Ding dong the wicked wretch is dead! Isn't it strange that it felt so good to hear OBL killed? Isn't it strange to be cheering someone's death? But then I remembered that awful day....Sept 11, 2001 and I remembered watching the plane hit the second building, I remember watching people jump to their death from the twin towers.....so OBL, he lived 9+ years too long IMO.

Also did you guys see the odd fact that Hilter was confirmed dead 66 years ago on 5-1, and now OBL confirmed dead 5-1.

I feel like "Today is a good day for America!"

:cow:

I am relieved that justice has been served and Osama has been removed from this earth. BUT, as a mother, I am nervous. My 8th grader will be traveling with her class to Washington D.C. next week. And while I'm excited at all the things she will see - to touch base with our country's history and its heritage - I am also more worried about her traveling there. Our school of course has procedures in place in case of a national emergency, but I will be waiting impatiently every night for her to call, so that I know she's okay. Can't help it - that's just how I feel.

I understand why you are nervous, I would be too just letting my child take a trip anywhere nowadays. But I live close to DC and I can tell you that there is a very strong presence of security in the city, and there will be even more in the up coming days. Trust me there will be lots of eyes watching....everywhere.

:cow:

Good morning, all. I just had to chime in on this thread to celebrate with you all! It is sad to celebrate someone's death, but there is nothing else to do with this news.
Congratulations to our military and those who never gave up on this.

"He did resist the assault force, and he was killed in a firefight," an official said. NBC News reported that he was shot in the left eye.

Four adult males were killed: bin Laden, his son, and the two couriers.

"One woman killed when used as a shield," and other women were injured, the officials said. The women's names were not given; it's not clear whether bin Laden's wife was among them.

The team blew up the disabled chopper upon their departure with bin Laden's remains, which resulted in a "massive explosion," the official told NBC.

Pakistan officials were unaware of the operation and scrambled fighter jets after getting reports of the explosion. But the U.S. helicopters were able to leave without further incident, the official said.

No U.S. personnel died. The officials would not name the type of helicopter, or the military units involved, or say how many U.S. personnel participated.

A U.S. official told NBC News that Obama was able to monitor the situation in real time from the Situation Room inside the White House.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42853221/ns/world_news-south_and_central_asia/?gt1=43001

I do believe that there will be future attacks, probably the very near future. But I believe that is ALWAYS a risk, so personally, I'll take it in stride.

The main focus for me right now is remembering that September morning. Our country in tears, in shock, millions of people afflicted with survivors syndrome at once. The knowledge that someone hated us THAT MUCH, to kill us indiscriminately, for some "greater purpose" that only they were aware of. The knowledge that that moment would be burned into our brains for the rest of our collective lives. One family after another alternately being destroyed forever or saved for one more day as the phone calls started flowing again. To see our leaders, those that we had come to depend on, just as scared and bereft as the rest of us...OSAMA HAD HIS TURN!

And now, we had ours. Yeah, there will still be terrorism, and we will handle it. But this was personal, and 10 years in the making. We finished what he started. And I couldn't be prouder.

I posted my thoughts on another thread before seeing this one also. But I am not happy. Relieved, yes. But I still feel very somber about the death of Bin Laden, not joyous...

CNN reporting that the operation was a kill mission.

ABC has photos of the inside of the mansion where OBL was killed.

Looks like might be a laptop on the bloody carpet in one of the bedrooms. Obviously, some of the 40 minutes spent looking for further information. Even a photo of what appears to be a shelf with jars of supplements, a few tubes of ointments and a large roll of tape.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/slideshow/photos-inside-osama-bin-laden-kill-zone-13508190

I cannot believe I went to bed early last night and missed this news!~ Thank God!!! I am so elated!!!

Looks like might be a laptop on the bloody carpet in one of the bedrooms. Obviously, some of the 40 minutes spent looking for further information. Even a photo of what appears to be a shelf with jars of supplements, a few tubes of ointments and a large roll of tape.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/slideshow/photos-inside-osama-bin-laden-kill-zone-13508190

Wow, thanks for posting that. In a weird way, despite seeing the all the blood, there's some comfort in seeing those pics. Some "real" acknowledgement in a visual form of where our Navy Seals risked their lives to fulfill their mission. Makes one proud of our men and women who are out there doing what has to be done so that we can enjoy this freedom we have.

:usa: :usa: :usa:

Wow, thanks for posting that. In a weird way, despite seeing the all the blood, there's some comfort in seeing those pics. Some "real" acknowledgement in a visual form of where our Navy Seals risked their lives to fulfill their mission. Makes one proud of our men and women who are out there doing what has to be done so that we can enjoy this freedom we have.

:usa: :usa: :usa:

In March, Obama authorized the development of a plan for the United States to bomb bin Laden's compound with two B2 stealth bombers dropping a few dozen 2,000-pound bombs, sources tell ABC News. But when the president heard the compound would be reduced to rubble, he changed his mind, because it would mean there would be no evidence to present to the world that the head founder and leader of al Qaeda was indeed dead. Plus, all 22 people in the compound including women and children and likely many neighbors would also be killed.

BBM; SNIPPED

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/osam...elebrations-security-alerts/story?id=13507836

It had to be a kill mission. He was a marked man and had been for many years.

They could not risk bringing him back to the US alive and having him here where more of his terrorist followers would hit us again.

His body lies beneath the sea. No country would want to risk even having his body buried in their country.

IMO

I do believe that there will be future attacks, probably the very near future. But I believe that is ALWAYS a risk, so personally, I'll take it in stride.

The main focus for me right now is remembering that September morning. Our country in tears, in shock, millions of people afflicted with survivors syndrome at once. The knowledge that someone hated us THAT MUCH, to kill us indiscriminately, for some "greater purpose" that only they were aware of. The knowledge that that moment would be burned into our brains for the rest of our collective lives. One family after another alternately being destroyed forever or saved for one more day as the phone calls started flowing again. To see our leaders, those that we had come to depend on, just as scared and bereft as the rest of us...OSAMA HAD HIS TURN!

And now, we had ours. Yeah, there will still be terrorism, and we will handle it. But this was personal, and 10 years in the making. We finished what he started. And I couldn't be prouder.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

DNA matching is under way on samples from the body of the slain terrorist leader, the official said. There are photographs of the body with a gunshot wound to the side of the head that shows an individual who is not unrecognizable as bin Laden, the official said.

No decision has yet been made on whether to release the photographs and if so, when and how.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/05/02/bin.laden.dead/index.html?hpt=T1

Morning all. Such a glorious morning it is.

I'm re-posting this (as I posted it last night)

It made me cry last night. I think I'll listen to this every moning when I get up!

[video=youtube;tNqUORIFV4I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNqUORIFV4I[/video]

First Fox, now the WSJ..

oops.jpg

[video=youtube;6LSarhZpnMs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LSarhZpnMs"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LSarhZpnMs[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member