*UPDATED* Trial Date May 9, 2011!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The west coast doesn't mess around! :highfive:
Actually look at OJ and Phil Spector and I am sure many will say we mess around quite a bit. We rarely actually carry out the DP even though people are convicted of it. waste of our taxpayer $$.

If it were Texas Casey would already be in the Mountain View Unit trying to decide between pizza and chili before her dessert cocktail of Sodium Thiopental, Pancuronium Bromide, and Potassium Chloride.

Then of course there is always the sad case of Lauren Sarene Key whose father Cameron Brown is perhaps facing his 3rd trial for her murder nine years later.

>>Brown was arrested on first degree murder charges in 2003. Because of the special circumstances of lying-in-wait and murder for financial gain bail was denied. He's been in the custody of LA Co. Sheriff's ever since. Two hung juries later, (all jurors from both trials agreed that Brown was guilty of something, they just couldn't decide on what charge) Brown is still waiting to find out if DDA Craig Hum will bring this case to trial a third time.

On October 29th, Brown's defense team missed a court ordered date to file motions to argue for Brown to be released on bail and/or to have the case dismissed all together. Judge Michael Pastor ordered a new date of December 17th, 2009, for the filing of defense motions.<<

Maybe this is a stupid question, but there is SO much information here on this case that there's no way I could wade through it and see:

Has a start date, even a tentative one, been set for this trial yet?

This just seems to be dragging on forever.....

For mid-year in 2011. There are also theories out there that the defense will try to push it even farther back - claiming not enough time to do depositions or have experts lined up.

The real question is not when the defense will complete these tasks, but when are they going to start. Beyond some recent interviews with RK's ex-wife and a few TES searchers, we are not hearing about anything else that's been done.

My own opinion, and not a popular one, is the case will never get to trial. There is a landslide of evidence and I believe Andrea will convince Casey to plead out. If the money train truly has dried up, A.Lyons will have her win, provided Casey gets no more than LWOP and Baez will (IMO) be anxious to hop on the post-sentencing circuit and get on with the movies and publishing big dollars he believes will be coming his way.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but there is SO much information here on this case that there's no way I could wade through it and see:

Has a start date, even a tentative one, been set for this trial yet?

This just seems to be dragging on forever.....

Brace yourself - May 2011!

I am leaning towards localgirl's take for a couple reasons. The dough is running out, make no mistake. They should of paced themselves or got a firm that has been down that road. Don't get me wrong, I really want to see a trial. I think just before she hit's the end of the metaphorical hallway, she is going to turn around. That being said, the DA really does have all they need for a conviction. This is not to start a debate, just an opinion from someone who has done time and listened to every tale that came down the line. So, they can say "YOU wanted to rumble. Let's go!" Thanks for the thread, it made me think about things I had let slip from the 'up front' memory :borgsmile:.

Thank guys for the info - much appreciated!

I am leaning towards localgirl's take for a couple reasons. The dough is running out, make no mistake. They should of paced themselves or got a firm that has been down that road. Don't get me wrong, I really want to see a trial. I think just before she hit's the end of the metaphorical hallway, she is going to turn around. That being said, the DA really does have all they need for a conviction. This is not to start a debate, just an opinion from someone who has done time and listened to every tale that came down the line. So, they can say "YOU wanted to rumble. Let's go!" Thanks for the thread, it made me think about things I had let slip from the 'up front' memory :borgsmile:.

Your input is soooo interesting - thanks for that. I too would prefer to see a trial with all the drama and to watch the SA really hammer home to Casey and her family what a terrible crime this is.
But I do think Baez knows how to save his butt, and Andrea is simply here for the "win". She doesn't get good press in Orlando and I believe she wants out of there as soon as she can get it done.
If it means a plea - then I think that's what will be done.

We could use this thread to track the latest forecast trial date as it slips and we await Defense progress.....

Your input is soooo interesting - thanks for that. I too would prefer to see a trial with all the drama and to watch the SA really hammer home to Casey and her family what a terrible crime this is.
But I do think Baez knows how to save his butt, and Andrea is simply here for the "win". She doesn't get good press in Orlando and I believe she wants out of there as soon as she can get it done.
If it means a plea - then I think that's what will be done.

As much as it would make sense to take a plea (if it is offered), I'm having a hard time believing KC will accept LWOP, if offered ... she seems to be a gambler and has not done so yet despite what evidence has been released ... I see this team dragging the inevitable out as long as possible and delaying her prison sentence so she can stay at the county jail as long as possible ...

I'm not sure how long exactly the defense can drag this out ... I would think there's a limit ... but based on what the defense still has to do, I doubt the schedule that both sides agreed to is one that can be kept to ... if this DOES go to trial, I'm skeptical it will be in May 2011 ... it just seems like the defense has not even started the work they have to do ... at least not seriously ... JMO

Only date I have so far is they said on truTV that a calendar has been released and states a trial date of May 9, 2011.

Hmm, I just happened to check the court calendar through June and nothing. The docket has been updated to include affidavits of attorney fees though.

Hmm, I just happened to check the court calendar through June and nothing. The docket has been updated to include affidavits of attorney fees though.

TruTv had a breaking news alert and said new order has been signed by Judge Strickland (he was holding the order) and said a new schedule has been set with this trial date of May 9, 2011 will be the trial date. I expect the news stations to have this soon if Tru TV has it.

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2010/03/new-casey-anthony-trial-date-s.html

Judge Stan Strickland issued an order setting the trial to start on May 9, 2011. He also set limits for evidence gathering:

* Depositions of expert witnesses by the state and law enforcement officers and employees must be finished by September 30, 2010
* Evidence review by defense expert witnesses must be completed by October 31, 2010
* Depositions of expert witnesses listed by defense must be done by February 28, 2011
* Forensic/scientific motions must be filed before October 31, 2010 and heard before January 31, 2011
* All other witnesses must be listed by August 31, 2010 and deposed by October 31, 2010

:woohoo:
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A trial date was set Monday in the case against Casey Anthony. In an order signed by Judge Stan Strickland, Casey&#8217;s trial has been set for May 9, 2011.

Judge Strickland set a timeline for the issues that need to be addressed ahead of the trial, including depositions of expert witnesses, which need to be completed no later than September 30, 2010. The evidence must be reviewed by defense expert witnesses no later than October 31, 2010.

Casey Anthony&#8217;s defense must also list all expert witnesses she intends to call, file motions related to the forensic evidence found, and reports prepared by expert witnesses no later than November 30, 2010.

Anthony has been in jail since October 2008 and faces the death penalty for allegedly murdering her daughter Caylee.

http://www.wftv.com/news/22774311/detail.html

oh good another whole year and a half to come here and complain! lol!

P.S. Edited to say that I don't really mean to be flip...I am happy that there is a date and it doesn't surprise me at all that it is a year off. Here in Oregon our trials seem to take forever. I am used to the long wait between the crime and the trial.

Do you think this could be the Judge's way of saying if we gotta pay, it's going to be done on OUR schedule, now? Somebody in the Indigent thread said this gives the State more control. Is this an example of that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back