*UPDATED* Trial Date May 9, 2011!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
First they need to go ahead and stop putting it off and declare Casey indigent. The state made their schedule based on the worst case possible, the defense taking as long as one could imagine to depose all of their witnesses. It will be interesting to see the defense's proposed schedule. I love these prosecutors....they do not miss a beat. They were mindful to add this schedule does NOT supercede any other discovery deadlines. I took that as a ...hello....remember the judge gave you until February first to produce your evidence you (Todd) claimed in open court that you had that would prove Casey's innocence.

There are A LOT of folks to be deposed and each one could cost $3K or more to do....so there is a lot of money needed that they apparently do not have.

The good thing about this being a year or two away is I think mom and pop will divorce and George will switch sides by then. I am hoping he will be brought around, full circle to the George we saw in those very first few days with the detectives.

One of the down sides, and there are many, to this dragging on is Jesse, Amy, Tony, Ricardo and others all need to put this behind them. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLH9mC9Uha0[/ame] [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS55WkNra7M[/ame]

I do not know how they handle this in Florida, but in Ohio the Judges have to do a monthly report that goes to the Supreme Court and it details each Judges docket and they have to report each and every case. Old cases are frowned upon. Even for a death penalty case this is WAY old. I would think the Judge would just want to get it moving to get it off his docket. I know that you do not want to do anything to keep the def. from having a fair trial, but come on. This is ridiculous. :banghead:

And JMHO but if you were not guilty wouldn't you want to get this moving so you could get out of jail? Being innocent as KC is, I mean. If the defense attorney has all this info that is going to prove KC is not guilty then bring it on so she can go on with her life.:waitasec: (Guess they do not have anything)

Yesterday was my Bday and the good judge gave me a trial date and the pro's gave me a motion. Come share my half full glass 'cause I see yours is half empty. lol!! :partyguy::toast:
And my birthday present was Caylee being found the day before my birthday! Justice delayed is not necessarily justice denied!

Jeez... that sure seems like a long way away!

Pretty sad when my main goal in life is to not get run over by a bus or something before Casey finally goes to trial. It would be just my luck to miss it after waiting so long, lol.

Is the defense hoping that if they keep delaying the trial everyone will eventually forget about it, and let Casey go home and eat chili?

Justice for Caylee is already long over-due!

----------------------
Dont feel bad smart blonde,every night I pray I make it. I have waited so long!
I am long in the tooth,dont even need a bus.:dance:

Hey, I already waited almost 34 years of my life (and that's literally my whole life, lol) for the Saints to win the Superbowl, so I have more than enough patience to wait for Casey to get convicted and for justice for Caylee to be served!

It will come. As I used to say for the Saints, there's always next year!

.... Patience is a virtue.

Some say this world of trouble
Is the only one we need
But I'm waiting for that morning
When the new world is revealed

When the KC Guilty verdict comes
When the KC Guilty verdict comes
Oh lord I want to be in that number
When the saints go marching in

Justice for Caylee.

Good things come to those who wait....
Destiny can't be altered...
What is true today will be true forever....
The anticipation will only heighten the sense of relief....

Whether justice is served today, or in 600 days.....it will still be justice, and will taste just as sweet.

The new trial date set by JS may back fire on the defense with regard to a COV. Perhaps, KC will end up staying right in Orange County for her trial. JS knows the people of Florida do not want to pay for any road trips for KC.

Caylee's entire life only lasted 24 days longer than time that will have elapsed if the trial begins on May 11, 2011.

The new trial date set by JS may back fire on the defense with regard to a COV. Perhaps, KC will end up staying right in Orange County for her trial. JS knows the people of Florida do not want to pay for any road trips for KC.

So I am a bit confused.....has JS actually set this as the new trial date?

My interpretation of the motion filed by SA stated that IF Baez plans to depose ALL the witnesses on their list, they would be looking at a potential trial date of May 2011?

I keep reading in the media that "the new trial date is set for May 2011" but is this just assumption based on their interpretation of the motion?

To my knowledge, Team Defense has not responded to this motion, nor has been scheduled to be heard?????

So are we all just assuming that JS will automatically agree to this timeline?

You are correct. The media is wrong. The judge gave the state ten days to file theirs, and defense 15 days to file their PROPOSED schedule. He will go over them, adapt one he is comfortable with and then decide (rule) on it.

No matter how much time the defense takes, they are never go depose anyone named Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez, gorgeous, with straight black hair and perfect teeth.... so they may as well hang up the towel. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ii2dVTJI6M[/ame]

Does anyone know if Todd is or is not on this case any longer? I bet the defense is going to claim he mis-spoke. What else can they say...he lied? LOL!

How long does it typically take to bring a mother who kills her child/children, i.e. Susan Smith, Andrea Yates, Diane Downs to trial. Thanks.

Just a thought I had..... every day, month, and year that goes by before KC is brought to trial may only serve to make her look older, harder, and less "innocent" as a impetuous young mother.

Do you think that could help when it comes time for the penalty phase? If the trial were to go forward as proposed in May, 2011, KC will be 25 years old.... and counting.....

Who thinks the movie on this story will be out way before the trial ever begins? Early on it was reported that mom and pop had signed a six figure media deal, they denied it, but that was then...and now they are bankrupt , and Casey's defense needs money so I am thinking yes. We know Casey will be happy she is a star. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXSDaqHm4zY[/ame]

How long does it typically take to bring a mother who kills her child/children, i.e. Susan Smith, Andrea Yates, Diane Downs to trial. Thanks.

Diane Downs shot her kids in May of 1983 and was convicted in June 1984.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diane_Downs[/ame]

Laci Peterson was murdered on 12/24/2002
Scott P was arrested 4/18/2003
He was sentenced to death on 12/13/2004

The trial lasted approximately 6 months ish? I cannot remember anymore.

I think a KEY Defense strategy is to delay as long as they can so that they can distance the trial as far as possible away from the events of 2008.

The SA, I think, wants the Defense to take a path and then wrong foot them.

Snipped and BBM. You are correct. My brother's murderer has a public defender and a very smart one. He was murdered in March 2008, still NO trial date and it burns me up! We need closure and we can't get it.

Laci Peterson was murdered on 12/24/2002
Scott P was arrested 4/18/2003
He was sentenced to death on 12/13/2004

The trial lasted approximately 6 months ish? I cannot remember anymore.

The west coast doesn't mess around! :highfive:

Bobby Cutts ~ Ohio. June 2007,murdered girlfriend and his baby girl.
Sentenced February 2008.Canton Ohio.LWOP,at Lucasville I believe along with
Fireman Tom Hough for killing 3 people, July4,'07.sentenced in 2008.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141
Back