*UPDATED* Trial Date May 9, 2011!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ha, Casey is pretty much where she started.

Her daughter remains deceased. No nanny. No job. Still depending on other people to supply her with food, shelter... surrounded immediately by people who cater to her ego and her lies.

Her biggest accomplishment nearly two years later, she is now a convicted felon.
Priceless!

This is the first time I have posted without reading the entire thread, but I gotta hit a meeting, back 10ish EST. OK, anyone who has read my WS blogs knows I did some time. Its not a badge of honour, far from it. Its just the only real 'experience' I can bring to the table here, most times. I gratefully took a plea for many reasons, leniency being up there on that list. Part of the court's mercy was due to an excellent military service record. Now the court is a wee bit jaundiced towards the honesty of a defendant and waited for me records to come to them straight from NPRC in St. Louis, MO. It took something like 4 months. I was climbing the walls just to go to the penitentiary by then. The county is soooooo boring. Its to cool your heels until trial, no more & no less. No classes, shop classes, etc. Just cards, Ramen, and occasional fist fights. They were more due to stuff from the streets spilling in as much as anything else. Now, would an innocent person whose defense team claimed MONTHS ago they had evidence you were innocent just sit there? I mean, in PC to boot. She canna even play cards and watch BET to kill time (terrible pun unintentional). Her only hour out means the rest of the pod has to go in, so they are probably vocally sharing their displeasure with her. YEARS of that? man, I am at a loss. Sorry for the fuzziness of this post, just had to get it out of me.

Her only hour out means the rest of the pod has to go in, so they are probably vocally sharing their displeasure with her. .

snip for space and bbm.

I LOVE your choice of words here. Cracks me the heck up. What a diplomatic and sophisticated way to put it, considering what they're probably saying to her. LOL

Thanks for the honesty and insight, btw.

This is a little disappointing. I want Casey to get what she deserves as soon as possible! Still, no matter when the trial is, as long as Caylee gets justice, I'll be happy.

At least I'll be able to plan my October wedding without any distractions now! lol

This is a little disappointing. I want Casey to get what she deserves as soon as possible! Still, no matter when the trial is, as long as Caylee gets justice, I'll be happy.

At least I'll be able to plan my October wedding without any distractions now! lol

I'm hoping this new evidence the SA is talking to the judge about will break open this whole case and maybe speed up the whole process with a "guilty" plea.

Ever the optimist - I know.

I hope the defense isn't banking on the public forgetting. We have very loooooooong memories.

I think they're hoping a lot of the media hype will have died down by then, and in some ways, I think it might be a bit quieter on that front. Personally, I'm disappointed the trial isn't going start this summer; I was really looking forward to it. But apart from that, I don't really care so long as there's justice for Caylee in the end. If the defense needs to take their sweet time, then so be it. That's one less thing they'll be able to bring up on appeal.

I think they're hoping a lot of the media hype will have died down by then, and in some ways, I think it might be a bit quieter on that front. Personally, I'm disappointed the trial isn't going start this summer; I was really looking forward to it. But apart from that, I don't really care so long as there's justice for Caylee in the end. If the defense needs to take their sweet time, then so be it. That's one less thing they'll be able to bring up on appeal.

It's just a stal tatic by the defense team. They want KC to perfect nose & butt picking. See, then she can come into court, once the cuffs are removed, she will stick one finger up her butt, one up her nose & snicker with her eyes crossed. The hope is the jury will look at her & figure she's nuts before even hearing the first witness. Cinny on the stand will seal the deal. I think they are hoping for a verdict on not guilty by reason of in-breeding.

Also, if KC is running low on dough I wonder how she will be able to afford to pay her team for another 1+ year..

running "low" on dough...??? don't you have to have dough in the first place in order to run low on it?

cecybeans, you're scaring me. The thought that she could get out on bail before the trial makes me sick. I really hope that's not the case. AZ lawyer, is that possible? Please say no!

2011? Are you freaking kidding me? Not only that, but it'll start six days before I turn 35. Hey, if ends by my birthday, that would be a hell of a birthday present!

And Casey is okay sitting in jail for yet another year? I am just shaking my head right now...man justice is slooooooooooooow.

I'll bet she would rather sit in jail any day then sit in prison which is where she should be while waiting for the trial. I wonder why she can't be sent to prison now?

Gosh, I hope I stay alive long enough to see this trial!!!!

What bugs me is this trial would be happening this summer if the defense had spent time deposing these witnesses rather than filing stupid, pointless motions like the ones allowing KC to visit with her family, etc. Seriously, how many motions did they file regarding KC's privacy!? Do they really think this is what is gonna count when she is on trial for murder?

What bugs me is this trial would be happening this summer if the defense had spent time deposing these witnesses rather than filing stupid, pointless motions like the ones allowing KC to visit with her family, etc. Seriously, how many motions did they file regarding KC's privacy!? Do they really think this is what is gonna count when she is on trial for murder?

I think a KEY Defense strategy is to delay as long as they can so that they can distance the trial as far as possible away from the events of 2008.

They are hoping that media and public interest will wane over time as we head into this long haul and by the time they get to trial they may stand a better chance of getting a more balanced Jury.

In many ways the DP helped them since they can catch a break based on the seriousness of the penalty.

They do NOT need to depo everyone and, as you state, have basically done nothing in terms of progress. If they had something they'd be seeking a speedy trial but they don't, so they are dragging their feet. Big time!!

I also wonder if they are forcing the SA's hand, to get all of the discovery before making a move or sharing anything they have -- partly (I sense) because they fear the SA does have a smoking gun and they are waiting for that shoe to drop.

The SA, I think, wants the Defense to take a path and then wrong foot them.

Might be wrong but I would venture to guess that if the person charged with Caylee's murder had been a stranger and not a relative, this case would be moving, well to the beat of a different drum. The SA is Caylee's voice, her advocate and they are doing a great job but if Caylee had family demanding justice everything would be different. For one, I don't think JB would have the nerve to come out and make statements about poor KC being unpopular - nor would AL make statements about how she is scared for KC.
With family standing behind Caylee, the victim and demanding justice I truly this case would be moving faster - might be wrong.
To me, it's a horrible fact that this is one of the best things KC has going for her - KC and defense team don't have to worry about they victims family -

I am not shocked either really. We have known all along that one of her (AL's) tactics is to "Delay, delay, delay".

I bet this extra year is gonna be a lllloooooonnnnggggg, ssssllllloooooowwwwww one for the perp too. And I hope every second of it is agonising for her.

That seems to be the trademark for every defense attorney that I have ever watched or heard of. I don't know what they are trying to accomplish by delaying everything all of the time. This trial could be delayed for 10 years but Casey would still be in jail so what is the point!

It seems that it is taking forever for this case to even start to move. Maybe Lyons wants to delay because she is afraid she is going to lose this one. "The Angel Of Death Row!!!" That horn she toots seems awful loud to me. I just wish they would get on with the trial. Give Caylee justice and put Casey where she belongs...in general population in the prison. I don't think she cares for females so that should be interesting. Besides, the other women will hate her...she is a baby killer and most cons have kids.

Does anyone know what is going to take over a year to get accomplished to get ready for a trial? With all of those people on the defense team they should be able to get their depos done in nothing flat. Are they so slow that it takes them twice or three times as long to prepare as it does others!!

three years ...

we'll still be here, waiting, and ready to cheer WHEN she's convicted

I agree with you.

Sooooo, let's linger in a jail cell for another year waiting for the time to prove innocence......

Makes sense - right?:innocent:

I just wish they would move Casey to the prison while she waits for her trial. I guess beings she didn't receive a sentence for the checks they can't move her. To bad though. I would love to see her in prison for the next year while she waits. Give her a peek at what her life is going to be like for ever and ever.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KimberlyJane523
Back