*UPDATED* Trial Date May 9, 2011!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And I also love the lines stating the penalty phase for this trial is set for June 2011.

Can you hear that drum beat Casey? That's Justice slow marching towards you.

And I also love the lines stating the penalty phase for this trial is set for June 2011.

Can you hear that drum beat Casey? That's Justice slow marching towards you.

Which is code for "this trial has been allotted one month so be prepared.....you won't be dragging this out forever"!!!!

It would have been amusing if he gave them 31 days!

That's the day after my 35th birthday! I love getting presents, even late ones, lol. Even better is a plea of guilty a few days later (cause I give it two days tops before she blows up in the court room, and that is being generous!).

Finally, the wheels of justice are turning faster! This is nothing but GOOD news!

Huh...31 days after May 9 is June 9 - isn't that the day the A's first claimed was the last time they saw Caylee? Wouldn't that be karma if it becomes the last day they see Casey...

oh good another whole year and a half to come here and complain! lol!

P.S. Edited to say that I don't really mean to be flip...I am happy that there is a date and it doesn't surprise me at all that it is a year off. Here in Oregon our trials seem to take forever. I am used to the long wait between the crime and the trial.

The upside of that is that Casey will be a whole lot more bored and restless than us while waiting.

For mid-year in 2011. There are also theories out there that the defense will try to push it even farther back - claiming not enough time to do depositions or have experts lined up.

The real question is not when the defense will complete these tasks, but when are they going to start. Beyond some recent interviews with RK's ex-wife and a few TES searchers, we are not hearing about anything else that's been done.

My own opinion, and not a popular one, is the case will never get to trial. There is a landslide of evidence and I believe Andrea will convince Casey to plead out. If the money train truly has dried up, A.Lyons will have her win, provided Casey gets no more than LWOP and Baez will (IMO) be anxious to hop on the post-sentencing circuit and get on with the movies and publishing big dollars he believes will be coming his way.

But the plea offer was withdrawn a long time ago. Is it a revolving thing that can come around periodically....?:innocent:

But the plea offer was withdrawn a long time ago. Is it a revolving thing that can come around periodically....?:innocent:

Not as far as I know - LOL! But my understanding is if Casey approaches the SA to bargain for a plea - she could say okay I will plead to guilty with a sentence of LWOP if you take the DP off the table.

I believe the SA would agree to that and take it to the Judge for his stamp of approval. That is, she would have to appear in front of him and be asked the usual - are you entering into this plea of your own freewill, do you understand the sentencing, are you satisfied with counsel, etc., blah blah.

As much as it would make sense to take a plea (if it is offered), I'm having a hard time believing KC will accept LWOP, if offered ... she seems to be a gambler and has not done so yet despite what evidence has been released ... I see this team dragging the inevitable out as long as possible and delaying her prison sentence so she can stay at the county jail as long as possible ...

I'm not sure how long exactly the defense can drag this out ... I would think there's a limit ... but based on what the defense still has to do, I doubt the schedule that both sides agreed to is one that can be kept to ... if this DOES go to trial, I'm skeptical it will be in May 2011 ... it just seems like the defense has not even started the work they have to do ... at least not seriously ... JMO

Yes, I agree Denjet, but remember the night sweats she had at Tony's, there may be more of that as the actual trial gets into evidence, with pictures of the skull, hair and duct tape evidence.

The only thing I'm not clear on is - if the trial has begun and Casey caves in and wants to plead guilty, is the deal made with the SA or the Judge. Yes, I know the Judge makes the final "acceptance" but would Casey first approach the judge or the SA to change her plea and try to work out a deal?

Which is code for "this trial has been allotted one month so be prepared.....you won't be dragging this out forever"!!!!

It would have been amusing if he gave them 31 days!

I realized that Sleutherontheside, but I just wanted Casey to know there will be a penalty phase - there will be no strolling out the door to lay on the beach and work on her tan.

Hopefully, this new date will be enforced and we can get this over with. I am glad the judge has set a time limit on deposition completion, as I feel the defense will be in "lets drag this out" mode, even with time limits.

I do not wish to see a plea in this case, I want to see Casey confronted with all aspects of the crime, in open court.

May 2011, how ridiculous is that. The defense should be ready to go to trial in the next few months. Well they can delay it from now until dooms day that isn't going to change the outcome------GUILTY!!

I don't think Casey will make any plea. If she goes to prison she's too chicken to go anywhere but the extra protection of death row. Probably thinks she can win an appeal if she is found guilty.

I really wish lethal injection was not offered, I'd much more rather see a firing squad or the electric chair.

Too bad this was not committed in Texas, KC would get the death penalty no questions asked.

I want so bad for KC to suffer the way she made Caylee suffer,

no matter what her sentence, I hope she cries her eyes out when she is found guilty and sentenced to either death or LIP w/o P.

Does anybody know if the two guys who took pictures of KC parting will be called to testify at her trial?

Does Florida still have the electric chair?

and can the jury, if KC was to get the DP, recommend that she die by electric chair?

Does Florida still have the electric chair?

and can the jury, if KC was to get the DP, recommend that she die by electric chair?
Florida has lethal injection, IIRC. Even Georgia now uses lethal injection, although they keep "old sparky" up in the tower of the Georgia State Prison. Even passers by know what the "tower" is and what it contains. There is a state, can't remember which one, that offers the inmate the choice of Lethal Injection, firing squad and something else. Maybe that is Utah, but my memory is failing.

Florida has lethal injection or electrocution (yes, electric chair)

I believe an inmate can choose. That will be a frusherrating choice for KC!

Sorry for yelling but THIS NEW TRIAL DATE MAKES ME SICK!!!!!!!! If JB hadn't spent so much time on tv doing interviews, ie. Geraldo, etc. he would have gotten much more done......depositions, reading material turned over by the prosecution, etc. and we wouldn't be waiting so long for a trial!!!
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back