Found Deceased UT-5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley Found Deceased (UNCLE ARRESTED) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladd Egan‏Verified account @laddegan 4m4 minutes ago
COURT DOCS: Uncle charged with murder of 5-year-old niece starting "licking his hands and trying to wipe his hands clean" while in police interview room. His hands were "filthy" with "several cuts" @KSL5TV @KSLcom @kslnewsradio https://www.ksl.com/article/46562499/uncle-of-elizabeth-shelley-charged-with-murder-girl-not-yet-found … #ElizabethShelley #Utah
D7wJ3GTUEAAlRfv.jpg

LE doesn't know or understand a motive
Broken knife with Lizzy's DNA was same brand as missing knife from family's knife set
PVC pipe blood palm print of uncle
Teal skirt w blood, buried
Beer can with touch DNA consistent with Uncle
Rapid DNA profile built for Lizzy
Watch and hooded sweatshirt all positive for Lizzy's DNA
This all leads me to believe it was not done in the house IMO. I think he stole her from her bed in the early morning hours and was finished by 6:30am when he was caught on camera JMO

-Appreciates them spreading the work

- Unsure if they will open this up and ask for volunteers, That is out a ways.

-Why wasn't he charged until today? There is process and caution. They want to be good at what they do. This process has taken time, and getting DNA back is not rapid. Trust we are not lollygagging. We want to be confident.

Why wasn't he charged until today? Holy crap this is day FIVE! I figured they wouldn't charge him until he was going to be getting out on the other charges or they found her body, whichever came first! I'm impressed.

Yeah, I read the code. So it stands to reason perhaps the charge is only because he’s not disclosing her whereabouts.
Could be more, we just don’t know.

Well he said in the press conference it is because Alex is hiding her body. So hopefully it remains only that.

Not glad about this but relieved they have strong evidence to bring him down & rid Logan’s streets of him.
Omg, if only they had arrested him when he deviated from
court ordered programs.

Ironically enough it's possible his family would have protested to that arrest and defended him... not knowing what it prevented.

I think he'll take this with him to his grave if they don't find her. He just looks truly evil to me and as if he's enjoying making everyone suffer.
I'm hoping he values his own life more. If he truly is a sociopath/psychopath then his own best interest will come first. Whether or not he decides that revealing what he did with Lizzy's body is in his best interest - who knows?

I can't think of a better bargaining chip than the threat of execution - AW appears to be totally lacking in empathy or conscience so IMO not much is going to sway him.

COURT DOCS: Uncle charged with murder of 5-year-old niece starting "licking his hands and trying to wipe his hands clean" while in police interview room. His hands were "filthy" with "several cuts" @KSL5TV @KSLcom @kslnewsradio https://www.ksl.com/article/46562499/uncle-of-elizabeth-shelley-charged-with-murder-girl-not-yet-found … #ElizabethShelley #Utah
D7wJ3GTUEAAlRfv.jpg

Gross. Like seriously nasty.
I'm not surprised. Figured he cut himself... that's why they could prove they were both outside the house. Blood from both together.

Does anyone have any thoughts/theories re: the “red substance” found on the pvc pipe with AW’s palm print? If it wasn’t blood, what else could it have been?

That bothered me too. You'd think if it was blood, they would say blood. They weren't shy about mentioning blood elsewhere. Maybe because it was a palmprint they didn't process the underlying substance? Also they have enough blood?

I'm not surprised. Figured he cut himself... that's why they could prove they were both outside the house. Blood from both together.
it seems a lot of stabbing cases are like this - they cut themselves because unfortunately their hand becomes slippery... I hate even typing that - I hope it was very quick or he knocked her out first - so many young children murdered senselessly by these monsters...JMO

The same documents state that they observed dark stains on his pants that looked like blood. Could be why his pants were possibly wet--trying to wash them off.

D7wJ3GTUEAAlRfv.jpg

He doesn't come across as incompetent, that is being acutely aware that you are busted and of sound mind in attempting to conceal evidence.

Disappointed that they took the cuffs off to begin with but it sounds like they acted quickly in re-cuffing him.

MOO

I feel so much for her mother. Before she deleted her FB, I saw the picture she posted with family and used as her header photo. She was so tickled that they finally got some pictures with all these people together, including Alex, whom she specifically named in the comments. Her daughter was also in the photo, likely the only niece so far in the family. She obviously felt strongly about family. And now to be betrayed in such a way. It’s unfathomable. Her pain is unfathomable to me. (And I cannot, just cannot think of Lizzy’s pain right now without losing it, which is why I have to focus on the survivors at the moment.)

Good to “see you”, Gitana! I totally agree that we can and should take all steps to protect our kids as best we can. I feel so sad for Lizzy and her family.

Yes. It's very hard to see reality when it's your own family. Or someone you know very well. Even if they have "issues." Unless they've shown a previous propensity I think for most it's super hard to imagine a loved family member could harm a child.

But if we set up rules for ourselves we can protect our kids:

Keep dating life separate from our families.

If you meet someone you really like, do a background check. It's about $50.00. Then, if they pass, date them for at least a year before you allow them to meet the kids.

Agree that no moving in, engagement or anything like that for at least another year or so. Really get to know them and their life and family and see how they interact. But don't let them babysit or be alone with your kids during this time.

For family, does brother, uncle, in-law, grandpa have a drug or alcohol issue? Violent behavior in their past? A criminal history that's more than infractions? Significant mental health issues? Socialization problems?

Don't leave your kids alone with them. Don't let them spend the night.

We can create logical checklists and follow them.

At this point, why even hide the body? There have been enough no-body convictions that unless you're meticulous about evidence, you're pretty much going to jail. And this guy clearly was the opposite of meticulous. I just hope that when they do find her remains, they get more answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico