Found Deceased UT-5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley Found Deceased (UNCLE ARRESTED) #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladd Egan‏Verified account @laddegan 4m4 minutes ago
COURT DOCS: Uncle charged with murder of 5-year-old niece starting "licking his hands and trying to wipe his hands clean" while in police interview room. His hands were "filthy" with "several cuts" @KSL5TV @KSLcom @kslnewsradio https://www.ksl.com/article/46562499/uncle-of-elizabeth-shelley-charged-with-murder-girl-not-yet-found … #ElizabethShelley #Utah
D7wJ3GTUEAAlRfv.jpg

Honestly don’t have words.

That bothered me too. You'd think if it was blood, they would say blood. They weren't shy about mentioning blood elsewhere. Maybe because it was a palmprint they didn't process the underlying substance? Also they have enough blood?
OMG after reading the charging document I am very afraid of what that PVC might have been used for... JMO I hope Mom never reads it..

From yesterday’s Link:
And I mean no disrespect to LE but when the warrant was issued, I wish they could have picked him up. Big red flags when someone goes awol from their probation guidelines.

Where's Lizzy Shelley? As hunt for 5-year-old continues, evidence mounts

he was progressing well until the beginning of this year, when he started missing classes and appointments with his treatment provider and counselor.

In March, he reportedly told his probation officer he was going through some personal issues and it was beginning to affect his treatment. By early April, he was no longer in contact with his probation officer, and a Salt Lake District Court judge issued a warrant for his arrest with bail set at $25,000.

Does anyone have any thoughts/theories re: the “red substance” found on the pvc pipe with AW’s palm print? If it wasn’t blood, what else could it have been?
Was the PVC pipe in the home or on him? And if in the home, was it attached to something in the home or just a random piece of of pvc?

Sorry....coming late to this fast-breaking news.

At this point, why even hide the body? There have been enough no-body convictions that unless you're meticulous about evidence, you're pretty much going to jail. And this guy clearly was the opposite of meticulous. I just hope that when they do find her remains, they get more answers.

That’s not something this guy would be aware of.

He probably was holding out hope that they couldn't get him for murder without a body.

WRONG!

Is the death penalty on the table? Can they offer to take that off in exchange for information about where she is??

Death penalty is definitely on the table, and they could trade taking that off in exchange for where she is. But I hope that they wouldn’t do that unless they’d exhausted all search possibilities.

All this MOO

It was said he had mulch on him, did he bury her in someones yard?

Did he get access to a shovel at someone's home/garage?

Where did he get the baseball bat from?

It sounds like she may be hidden in plane site and it is just a matter of time until we find her.

MOO

They said that the skirt had been buried under some mulch (and dirt too, I think), so that may be where it came from. Of course, it's possible that she's been buried under some too, but they did mention that they'd even stopped two mulch trucks going out of town to go through them, so I imagine they've checked all the mulch they could find.

So AW was invited over and arrived around 10 pm. Lizzy's mother last saw her around midnight when she herself went to bed, not 2 am.

Charging document:
http://kslnewsradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/WHIPPLE-PC.pdf
and apparently she was already in bed - so he either pre-planned this when he got there or it was a spur of the moment take advantage type situation. I think with the mulch, the filthy hands described with cuts - it is possible he buried her in a shallow grave and covered her. I think he took her around midnight or so - IMO

At this point, why even hide the body? There have been enough no-body convictions that unless you're meticulous about evidence, you're pretty much going to jail. And this guy clearly was the opposite of meticulous. I just hope that when they do find her remains, they get more answers.

creeps like this don't think like you or I

no rational thinking whats so ever

Only thought was to get ride of the body and potential evidence etc and then get away from what he had done

He was likely panicked and walking around in a daze, he was likely fueled by demented thoughts and had no plan

I just hope the will have a moment of clarity and realize what hes done and give Investigators the location of LS

If he has any conscious whatsoever he will give his own family some closure

JMO

Okay folks, here's the press conference, q+a almost done, too.
Uncle of missing Logan 5-year-old charged with aggravated murder, child kidnapping

"So, I think you all understand, it’s day five of our attempt to find Lizzy, and with that comes some progress as it relates to our case that we’re building. So today at 10:45, in conjunction with Logan City police department, the Cache County attorney’s office filed criminal charges, against alexander Whipple, to include; one count of aggravated murder, child kidnapping, two counts of obstruction of justice, and desecration of a body.

96 hours in, since Lizzy went missing. As you can find, from the probable cause statement that has been issued at the CCJ, there's a number of items that went into the decision to file charges, not the least of which, include; again, this distant time that we’re dealing with.

A knife with blood, this knife is broken, it is the brand of knife that’s from the home and there is a knife missing from the family's’ knife block. We have evidence, a PVC pipe that has red substance and a partial palm print in the red substance matching Alex. There was a teal skirt with white lace, that was hastily buried, that had blood matching, and this particular piece of clothing matches the description of Lizzy’s skirt. Pabst Blue Ribbon beer can, DNA positive to Alex.

More personal to Alex, his wristwatch and his sweatshirt contain blood that is DNA positive to match Lizzy’s blood. The palm print on the pipe, in the red substance, the palm print is positive for Alex’s palm.

Please realize that today’s filing is a significant step in a process. We’re still working very hard in our attempt to find Lizzy. We have roughly 20 officers on today, combing through a mountain of garbage just on the off chance there may be a possibility that we can find Lizzy in that mess. It's a very hard job and arduous task, those men and women down there are doing the best that they can to make sure we have not missed an opportunity to bring Lizzy home.

Another several tips have come in , i think substantial efforts, we felt like there was product on Alex's clothes consistent of mulch. We’ve been through every pile of mulch, even emptying mulch trucks that were headed to Arizona. We’ve gone to every link to exhaust the numerous tips that have come in. So as you can appreciate, our concerns, our Hearts, our prayers, goes out to Jessica and her family and friends as they are made aware of this information. This information can be easy for the family, even though We haven't found Lizzy, to hear the charge of aggravated murder brings with it a notion of finality, very difficult for the family, I can't imagine. Our hearts go out to them. At this point, the family is trying to deal with this information. Joe parker is the family’s spokesperson, who will be in touch with you folks, and at some point will issue a statement. I'll be honest with ya, I want to stick to the probable cause statement, I think it’s well prepared I think there is a great amount of detail but it also is detail that is specific to the charges and the elements of crimes.

So if I may, one of the things I worried about, the very nature of the name of the charge that was given out is ‘desecration of a body’. Now one’s going to ask themselves, ‘what does that mean?’. So if I might just go to -- it’s uh, line 38 of the probable cause statement, let me just read this for you, because I think it’s important that we just discuss what that means. “It is believed that probable cause exists for one count of desecration of body because ES’s body has not been recovered and Alex has taken substantial steps to move, remove, of conceal ES’s body.” Now that is language right out of the code, and once again, is part of a process, the county attorney is looking at what we call ‘the elements of the crime’ and the elements of the crime are being met based on our belief that he moved, removed or concealed her body. And I just know the name of the, ‘desecration of a body’, is gonna cause questions. It’s all about element of the crime and it’s all about how the county attorney feels that those elements have been met.

So once again, I’d like to stick to the script, I appreciate you guys probably don’t have that in front of you, I do, but as you ask questions, I may be referring back to this document."

They said that the skirt had been buried under some mulch (and dirt too, I think), so that may be where it came from. Of course, it's possible that she's been buried under some too, but they did mention that they'd even stopped two mulch trucks going out of town to go through them, so I imagine they've checked all the mulch they could find.

Right but 'tis the season. Many of my neighbors have mulch piles in their driveways/yards and truck beds waiting until they have time to place it.

There are plenty of others that have manicured flower beds with fresh mulch placed.

I have shovels and baseball bats hanging side by side in my garage. I also have a few softball bats and rakes in the front of my garage sitting in a corner.

Perhaps someone left their garage door open, or had a shed/barn with such supplies he would have had access to and buried her close by.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member