Found Deceased UT-5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley Found Deceased (UNCLE ARRESTED) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I am being emotional, but sometimes when crimes against these sweet babies happen, I wish that the parents were allowed 5 minutes alone with the suspect to get him to give up the body location. Just 5 minutes.....with a bat or a tub of water!!!

Interesting that Alexander Whipple is 21 years old, I don't know when his birthday is, but he probably won't be in Utah State prison until he is 22 years old.

If he was covered under an IEP, for students with disabilities in high school, he still has eligibility for education services until age 22. I actually taught Special Education in prison for several years.

upload_2019-5-29_14-24-48.png
very concentrated locations from the home, to the school, to the address where the beer can was found, to the area he was caught on tape at 6:40am or so - then finally down to the gas station (which is near the meat plant). If she was alive and he carried her - I think it will be within a few mile radius of this map. JMO

Catching up...but if his and Lizzy's clothes had mulch on them, and his hands were very dirty, maybe he hid her inside of a mulch pile?

Are there any lawn and garden/landscaping places nearby the home that would have big piles of mulch? Usually in the Springtime here, garden centers and landscapers have piles of much for landscaping in several different colors.

JMO

In the presser they said they have looked through all the mulch piles they could find. They even stopped two big trucks filled with mulch that were heading out of town to search through them.

here's the qna.

"So, the charges have been filed and where can we go from there, question wise?"

• “Alex whipple said that when he’s under the influence of drugs and alcohol, he tends to black out and do criminal things, can you go into any more detail about that, has he ever done anything in terms of harming someone while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or do you guys know if he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time?”
“Um, No, that is his statement, and it’s his statement or his belief, in his own behavior, I don’t have any comment on that, really.”

• “How can we charge someone with aggravated murder even if there’s no body?”
“Once again, if you look at the totality of all of evidence that we have, the blood, the knife, the time distance from where the house is, Lizzy’s home, where these items of evidence were found, and it’s been five days now. Yeah, we believe it meets the elements of the crime.”

• “Chief, you mentioned yesterday that you guys may be looking in bodies of water, still an effort you’re working on?”
“We have a number of dive teams that have searched various bodies of water, certainly the Logan river is a concern, it’s flowing high, it’s flowing fast, it would be very difficult to search, with any kind of specific fashion at this point. That being said, have we done it to the best of our ability? Of course, but yeah, it’s in the back of our heads, without question. Thank you.”

• “Chief, we had seen that you were emotional in reading the charges how much longer will the search continue, now that those have been filed?"
“Well, I don’t think that the filing is a trigger mechanism for us. It’s part of a process, filing does not trigger us to ramp down, that being said, please understand that we’re going on five days of amazing volunteer hours and time of numerous law enforcement agencies, but that will, by nature, have to subside at some point. But at our own level we will continue to search as best we can over time.”

• “Chief, can you tell us about the emotional toll on the department?"
“Well, you guys feel it. This is a five year old girl. She's still missing. That's not easy for anyone. Especially after the hours and uh, we want this, we want to find her. We want the family to have what they deserve, and that’s closure or Lizzy back in the home, that’s what we want. And it is hard.”

• “Has the family given you any indication where Alex… turned up so regularly, where he might be, or anything to help you out at all?” (not too sure what exactly was being asked)
“I can't tell you the hundreds, thousands of tips and timeline we’re trying put together with video. We’ve done some crazy things to try to chase those tips and try to manage. So, your question is great. Yes, we absolutely have done all we can to understand and figure out where we might look next, of course.”

• “If i understand correctly, the bulk of the evidence has been found surrounding the home?”
“It’s a short distance from the home, yes.”

• “So, nothing in the Nibley/Hyrum area where he was found?”
“Again, we didn’t necessarily have great evidence, other than eyewitness evidence, now that sounds terrible, doesn’t it? We had eyewitnesses suggesting that he was moving in that direction, an dhe was, we have video evidence of that, but we've done the searches of various areas out in the Hyrum area and have not found evidence like we have close to home.”

• “Is the concentrated effort at the landfill at the moment, can you tell us, do you believe that she’s there or could she still be anywhere at this point?”
“Yes it's -- to say that we believe that she's there, again, it’s the ‘no stone left unturned’ notion. Yeah, we don’t have any suggestion or any tip, but it is, i guess, somewhat stereotypical that it could be, right? And that’s where we’re at. If it could be, then we’re gonna go work, right? So that’s where we’re at with that.”

• “Have any family members spoken to Alex and pleaded with him on where he may have taken her?”
“Um, yes we are aware of some of those conversations, but I really don’t want to go into that. Thank you.”

• “Can you speak on possible motive at all?"
“Again, I know motive’s important, but we don’t understand at this point where that might be.”

• “Can you briefly go over the items that were found again?”
“Sure thing. Line 26 from the probable cause statement reads; “several key pieces of evidence; a knife, and it describes the location where that was found, consistent with brand found in the home, knife broken, indicative of traumatic use, PVC pipe with red substance and palm print in that red substance, we have teal skirt with white lace, we believe to be hastily buried under dirt and bark, matches a description of Lizzy's clothes, this skirt had blood on it, we have a beer can found in vicinity had touch DNA consistent with the case as well.” We have done what we call ‘rapid DNA’. Line 30, in conjuntion with Utah attorney’s office’s DNA profile built for Lizzy, was matched by knife, Alex’s watch and hooded sweatshirt, that all are DNA positive for Lizzy’s DNA on those items.”

• “And they were tested--?"
“Through rapid DNA ability of the attorney general.”

• “Would you clarify, are those kitchen knives?”
“I think that’s, yeah, the kind of style that the knife was.”

• “Would he potentially have taken them from the kitchen of the home?”
“You can draw your own conclusion on that.”

• “Do you know, or can you say, if you do know, how close Alex was with Lizzy, and if he had woken her up in the middle of the night, would she have quietly just gone out the front door with him, little adventure with Uncle Alex, or --”
“We don’t know that. We’ve asked the same questions, but we’re not able to answer them right now, so I don’t have a comment on that, I’m sorry.”

• “If she was last seen in bed, and a dress was found, would she have put the dress on, or was she sleeping in the dress?”
“All I can tell you is the skirt that was found is consistent with one that was described as belonging to Lizzy. I don’t know how she was dressed when she went to bed, or if she was dressed when she got up, we don’t know.”

• “How can we further support and communicate with LE?”
You guys are doing a good job, we appreciate you taking an interest in the case and helping us spread the word.”

• “But it’s not over, you still need help trying to locate her?”
“We’re still working, we don't know if we will request assistance from volunteers, we just don’t know at this time, that’s still kind of out a ways.”

• “We saw at Alex’s court appearance that people were frustrated, why alex wasn't charged before yesterday?”
“There's caution and process, we want to be very good at what we do, to do that we have to follow the process. This has taken time, DNA information takes a while to come in, so I would answer that, hopefully would people trust we aren't just lollygagging, and moving the process along to where we feel comfortable in filing.”

• “Any final message for community at large, people who say this is not our community?"
“It certainly is not our community, but i guess it can happen, right.? Hug your kids. It’s a rough deal I mean I don't hove consoling words, I’m not consoled. We’re all living this together, doing the best we can to bring this to a close in best fashion possible. Thank you."

I wonder about item # 29 in the PC doc, a man found a PBR can in his garbage can and moved it to recycling.
This leads me to believe the garbage was out for pick up. It sounds as if they are searching a landfill.
I am currently thinking she was in a neighboring can, that was picked up later that morning - but it would really depend on when the garbage is picked up, and when the recycling was, since LE was able to take possession of the discarded can right away.
I wonder if she was put in a dumpster at the school. Perhaps they have weekend (Saturday morning) pickup so as not to disturb the kids during school hours during weekdays.

Ladd Egan‏Verified account @laddegan 4m4 minutes ago
COURT DOCS: Uncle charged with murder of 5-year-old niece starting "licking his hands and trying to wipe his hands clean" while in police interview room. His hands were "filthy" with "several cuts" @KSL5TV @KSLcom @kslnewsradio https://www.ksl.com/article/46562499/uncle-of-elizabeth-shelley-charged-with-murder-girl-not-yet-found … #ElizabethShelley #Utah
D7wJ3GTUEAAlRfv.jpg
Where can I find this probable cause statement?

Why wouldn’t he bury her with the clothes? Why separate? Was he just trying to scatter everything?

I like that his best friend was the one that ratted him out - thanks Pabst Blue Ribbon beer can!
Sounds to me like he wanted to slowly torture Lizzy’s family & taunt LE. Creating a sick scavenger hunt...this was revenge IMO MOO

Why wouldn’t he bury her with the clothes? Why separate? Was he just trying to scatter everything?

I like that his best friend was the one that ratted him out - thanks Pabst Blue Ribbon beer can!
I can think of only two scenarios - he removed the bloody clothing and carried her (in a sheet?) naked to scare her into submission or she was already dead and he was scattering evidence as you suggest. He does not strike me as someone who thought they would find the skirt or the knife IMO and the beer can means he took one from the house perhaps and finished it after he dropped her off because I can't see how you can drink a beer holding someone? JMO

We'll see, but I'm not convinced he cared about being caught. And, though still not all that much information to go by, I'm not so sure he'd care about the death penalty.

In the PCS, it's stated that the sister says she invited AW over. Whether AW was fishing for an invitation is an open question.

There was a pattern of trouble, he made statements on FB (whether honest or not) claiming to have some emotional issues, he was directed to treatment programs & counseling, and in his witness interview he talked about how his family has mistreated him. The combination of these things, along with SM activity that is not permitted to be discussed here, has had me thinking for awhile now that this might have been some sort of act of revenge for what he deems in his own corrupted head* to be some wrong that his family or someone in his family inflicted on him. And by some wrong - it may not have been a single particular event, but a pattern over time, or even just a difference in the circumstances of his life from those of others in his family. If this is the case, I would think it's one or more of three family members--again, in his own corrupted mind*--who he was targeting with this act of revenge--his mom, his sister, and his niece, with the latter being the least likely, but still conceivable (because, for example, in his twisted mind she stole away his sister's and mother's attention from him).

All just brainstorming/speculating out-loud. I don't necessarily think this is the most likely motivation, just a possibility given the limited information so far. Of course there is so much more that we don't know.

DISCLAIMER - I'm in no way intending to blame anyone in AW's family for what he apparently did. Just brainstorming/speculating about the twisted-ness that might have been going on in AW's head.

We can talk about his social media. Is it from his?

It sounds as if he left the house with Lizzy, fully intending on, at the very least, stabbing her.

Did she wake up and 'anger' him somehow, or did he go over there with this in mind? It sounds as if Mom initiated the visit, so WTF happened here?

Also, what is the deal with all of these 5 year olds lately? I can't stand it!

@gitana1 - I think you alluded to this personality trait earlier, get your tiny violin out.

View attachment 186714

And there it is. "My family treated me poorly! My stupid sister got all the breaks! I'll show them. I'm drunk and high on meth so I'm feeling particularly angry and vengeful and entitled tonight. Let me massacre an innocent angel. That'll show em'!"

ETA: This is NOT depression. I will never buy that. I have loved ones and close friends who have battled depression. Depression and homicidal violence of this nature do not go hand in hand.

The only relation of homicide and depression are totally suicidal Lily depressed people who kill family or pets AND themselves, due to feelings that their loved ones can't survive the world without them.

This shows rage and sexual depravity of some sort and I'm not buying the depression made me do it angle or anything close.

I can think of only two scenarios - he removed the bloody clothing and carried her (in a sheet?) naked to scare her into submission or she was already dead and he was scattering evidence as you suggest. He does not strike me as someone who thought they would find the skirt or the knife IMO and the beer can means he took one from the house perhaps and finished it after he dropped her off because I can't see how you can drink a beer holding someone? JMO
I wonder if he took her to the park at the school alive, did his deed and didn't re-dress her. If she was dead the cinder block wouldn't have had blood on it would it? Moo

A few observations from that arrest affidavit:

That Rapid DNA technology is amazing. It allowed them to forensically link Alex to his victim, and led to extremely fast murder charges.

What’s up with all these murder suspects using “the blackout defense?” It’s such a transparent cop-out.

I thought this guy was sloppy; I gave him way too much credit in that regard.

He makes OJ Simpson look like a criminal mastermind.

In the presser they said they have looked through all the mulch piles they could find. They even stopped two big trucks filled with mulch that were heading out of town to search through them.

Thanks for replying. It sounds like the searchers have been so thorough. I hope and pray they find this baby soon. :(

Alex whipple said that when he’s under the influence of drugs and alcohol, he tends to black out and do criminal things, can you go into any more detail about that, has he ever done anything in terms of harming someone while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or do you guys know if he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time?”

Wonder how many hours it takes him to blackout?
Talk about tolerance & stamina.
He was still drinking the next day when apprehended.

Not surprised his family did speak with him, too bad he wouldn’t tell them where Lizzy is.

I wonder if he took her to the park at the school alive, did his deed and didn't re-dress her. If she was dead the cinder block wouldn't have had blood on it would it? Moo
I don't know how long a dead body bleeds - anyone? we don't know if it was a tiny drop, a smear, etc - if she was slammed against it or anything but we know they took it as evidence so it mans something - we don't know who's blood it was IIRC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera