UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to upload the cropped, blown up pic, dont know if it will work.

Oh well, it didnt work. May be better that way, because when I saw it, it took my breath away and the tears started again.
I tell myself I won't look at this thread anymore, because it's too hard....but I keep coming back. There has to be justice for this poor boy. This case just breaks my heart.

Attachments

• eeethan.jpg
    eeethan.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 101
http://www.ksl.com/emedia/slc/2043/204317/20431755.jpg

A screenshot of the facebook page.

My two favorite boys playing video games together

:furious: :furious: :furious:

This photo is much clearer than those posted by the news earlier on this and the last thread.

IMO, his jaw is broken and his lips are swollen to the point he can't close his mouth. There is an obvious bruising and swelling of his left ear and temporal area and left side of his forehead. You can see where the swelling on his forehead and left eye has elevated his left brow. In addition to the bruising on and surrounding his left eye, it's apparent his right eye and cheek were battered too. Again I note the bruising of his throat (that *advertiser censored* grabbed that baby on his throat as he beat him and what MAY be bruising on the back of the left side his neck (that may be a shadow, hard to tell although it extends a bit too far anteriorly for it to be a shadow; IMO it's more bruising). Something I notice here that didn't show up in the prior post of this picture is what appears to be a ligature mark around the base of Ethan's throat. It's very thin and my guess he he was grabbed and pulled or lifted up by the back of his shirt and held (possible head down) causing the collar of his shirt cut into his neck.

Holy cr**!!! THat is so much more obvious- and looks even worse than I had imagined from the less clear image. How could ANYONE post something like that online?

In the probable cause statements SS said Frank helped, but then in a later interview she said she was the one who helped. IMO, she was making him up.
http://www.abc4.com/media/lib/5/c/6...7e69229a/Probable_Cause_Stephanie_C_Sloop.pdf

LE later "cleared" Frank. Sounds like he does exist, but was not involved.

One makes reference to a man named "Frank" who may have helped in the burial.

Layton police confirm they were seeking the man, but on Thursday said they had cleared him.

"As far as I know, he's not somebody they're looking at for involvement any more," Atkin said. "I don't know if that's his actual name but there was another person they wanted to talk with, but as far as I know that's not someone they're interested in anymore."

http://www.fox13now.com/news/ethans...ainst-sloops-ethan-stacy-case,0,1137183.story

Can you imagine your name being dragged into this? She has no conscience.

OK, you warned us, but man i wish i wouldn't have done that...wow...so much more detail and so much worse that the screencap looks (not that even the grainiest photo looks good)...this sweet baby...my heart just breaks for him.

It is heartbreaking. This defies all logic.

Was this posted:

Prosecutors hope to use Shelby’s law to ask for death penalty in Ethan Stacy’s case (video, photos)
May 18, 10:38 AM

Shelby’s Law may be used in Ethan Stacy’s death case in order for prosecutors to seek the death penalty, in which child abuse that leads to a death could become a capital case, according to Fox News 13 in Salt Lake City.

As part of 4-year-old Ethan Stacy’s death investigation, the FBI is investigating a cell phone that has abused pictures of a little boy. The medical examiner continues to take tissue samples from Ethan Stacy’s body. Files are expected to be filed by May 28.

In 2006, 10-year-old Shelby Andrews was abused by her father and stepmother and died in their home. Prosecutors were able to get a murder conviction, but frustrated that they could not seek the death penalty in the case, and Shelby’s Law was created so that the death penalty could be sought in a child abuse case that led to a death in Utah. This would be the first case that prosecutors would be able to use Shelby’s Law.

http://www.examiner.com/x-19632-Sal...ath-penalty-in-Ethan-Stacys-case-video-photos

Because of the extreme rarity of taking the pictures and videos, I have no doubts that they've also got the FBI behavioral analysts working overtime on this case as well.

I can't stress enough how extremely rare it is for a parent and step-parent to take pictures and videos of such a badly battered and tortured child.
The videos bother me even more than the pictures do. From my research, this may be the first case of its kind in the U.S. That's how rare it is. Stephanie is exceptionally twisted, exceptionally evil, and/or exceptionally money hungry. I want to know if Nathan took pictures and videos too, or just Stephanie.

The reason she went so far as to upload that picture to facebook, taking such an extreme risk at being reported to LE for abuse, may be that she was advertising pictures and videos for sale, and the lure of the great amount of money she would make was so appealing to her, as to make her willing to take that extraordinary risk.

I'm not one to get into wild speculation, and I hope I'm not doing so here. I think this is worth exploring.
bbm.

I have not found any other cases like this, especially with the cell phone pics. In fact, it seems like the opposite is true. Most parents who abuse their children this horrifically do not take ANY pictures of the child at all.

If Nathan is insane, what's Stephanie's excuse?

Oh yeah - she was terrified of him because he's insane.

Nice.

Would I ever like to be a bug on the wall at the lunches between the defense attorneys.

"I'll cop the insanity defense, then you cop the abuse excuse."

"Yeah, baby! High five!"

May 18, 2010 10:16 AM
Ethan Stacy Update: Virginia Funeral Set with Biological Father of Murdered 4-Year-Old

LAYTON, Utah (CBS/AP) Ethan Stacy's body has been returned to his biological father in Virginia, where funeral services are planned for the 4-year-old boy whose badly beaten and disfigured body was found buried in a Utah canyon last week.

The Grundy Funeral Home says funeral services are planned for 1 p.m. Wednesday. Burial will follow at Clinch Valley Memorial Cemetery in Richlands, Va

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20005228-504083.html

Because of the extreme rarity of taking the pictures and videos, I have no doubts that they've also got the FBI behavioral analysts working overtime on this case as well.

I can't stress enough how extremely rare it is for a parent and step-parent to take pictures and videos of such a badly battered and tortured child. The videos bother me even more than the pictures do. From my research, this may be the first case of its kind in the U.S. That's how rare it is. Stephanie is exceptionally twisted, exceptionally evil, and/or exceptionally money hungry. I want to know if Nathan took pictures and videos too, or just Stephanie.

The reason she went so far as to upload that picture to facebook, taking such an extreme risk at being reported to LE for abuse, may be that she was advertising pictures and videos for sale, and the lure of the great amount of money she would make was so appealing to her, as to make her willing to take that extraordinary risk.

I'm not one to get into wild speculation, and I hope I'm not doing so here. I think this is worth exploring.

I am very aware of what some sick would spend alot of money on, but even this is too much for me to imagine!! On top of everything else she did and didnt do, if it comes out that she was hoping to sell these pics I dont know how I will handle it. I am a stranger, and looking at that picture makes me want to vomit. How could the MOTHER take the pic and then POST it?? IMO she is worse than NS, for God sake she was Ethan's MOTHER!

I am sorry if this stuff has been posted :

Help available for officers coping with Ethan Stacy investigation
May 18th, 2010 @ 7:54am

LAYTON -- Help is being offered to officers and other law enforcement personnel who dug up the body of 4-year-old Ethan Stacy last week and helped in the investigation.

"We went through this together and hopefully we will heal together." Lt. Garret Atkin The Standard-Examiner reports the Layton City Police Department will bring in trained medical and mental health workers for critical incident stress debriefing sessions later this week.

The sessions aren't mandatory but are intended to help officers, dispatchers and other staff members cope with the stress of the traumatic crime, which can hit hard for many involved.

Layton police Lt. Garret Atkin tells the Standard-Examiner, "We went through this together and hopefully we will heal together."

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10817574

Stephanie Sloop, Ethan Stacy’s mother wrote on the wedding website Knot.com that she lost unborn twins: "Even though I lost the babies we planned to have, it saved my life. You can always have more children, but Nathan couldn't replace me."

omg.... this woman is seriously nuts. what a thing to say.... jesus

May 18, 2010 10:16 AM
Ethan Stacy Update: Virginia Funeral Set with Biological Father of Murdered 4-Year-Old

LAYTON, Utah (CBS/AP) Ethan Stacy's body has been returned to his biological father in Virginia, where funeral services are planned for the 4-year-old boy whose badly beaten and disfigured body was found buried in a Utah canyon last week.

The Grundy Funeral Home says funeral services are planned for 1 p.m. Wednesday. Burial will follow at Clinch Valley Memorial Cemetery in Richlands, Va

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20005228-504083.html

I cannot even fathom what Ethan's father must be going through...God bless him!

I am very aware of what some sick would spend alot of money on, but even this is too much for me to imagine!! On top of everything else she did and didnt do, if it comes out that she was hoping to sell these pics I dont know how I will handle it. I am a stranger, and looking at that picture makes me want to vomit. How could the MOTHER take the pic and then POST it?? IMO she is worse than NS, for God sake she was Ethan's MOTHER!

If proven that SS wanted to sell these pictures-can charges be brought for that? I mean there is only a fine line between this and a "snuff" film!!:furious:

Interesting that Nathan's attorney can't seem to verify MPD's.

Nathan Sloop's attorney reviews possibility of insanity defense

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10822257

Respectfully, I didn't interpret the the article in the same manner you did. I am sure verification would take some time..... and I imagine not only would NS's attorney need to find the psychiatrist who gave NS this dx- if in fact any psychiatrist gave NS a dx of MPD or DID. He would also have to do his homework in finding other 'experts' to confirm the dx and provide expert testimony.

I find that avenue of defense being succesfull as likely as the Chicago Cubs exceeding the number of World Series the Yank's have under their belt. In other words, slim to none. Or kind of like winning the lotto twice. Unlikely.
JMO

Just an outloud thought.

If NS had an actual DX of MPD or DID why wouldn't his ex wife know the name of the physician who gave him that DX? Her not knowing he was seeing Dr So and So makes no sense to me- Especially considering they were HS sweethearts and all and haven't been split up that long in comparison how long they were together. Which is why I believe the MPD or DID dx is ficticious (sp?)

JMO

I am sorry if this stuff has been posted :

Help available for officers coping with Ethan Stacy investigation
May 18th, 2010 @ 7:54am

LAYTON -- Help is being offered to officers and other law enforcement personnel who dug up the body of 4-year-old Ethan Stacy last week and helped in the investigation.

"We went through this together and hopefully we will heal together." Lt. Garret Atkin The Standard-Examiner reports the Layton City Police Department will bring in trained medical and mental health workers for critical incident stress debriefing sessions later this week.

The sessions aren't mandatory but are intended to help officers, dispatchers and other staff members cope with the stress of the traumatic crime, which can hit hard for many involved.

Layton police Lt. Garret Atkin tells the Standard-Examiner, "We went through this together and hopefully we will heal together."

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10817574

If it is that bad, that LE is having counseling or therapy that is further reason I hope and pray they strike a plea, guilty and LWOP. Not that I don't believe both deserve the DP but only to spare Joe and the rest of those who loved Ethan the details of what this poor child endured. It is bad enough already imo.

JMO

I see his glasses in the photo but they look like they aren't quite fitting correctly.

His glasses are not fitting properly perhaps beacuse they are broken but, IMO they don't fit because Ethan's nose is completely fractured and his nasal bridge is almost flat... in line with his swollen little face. The "O" would be how he would need to hold his lips in order to breathe due to the swelling of his face.

Ethan's nasal bridge is quite prominent in earlier pictures of him...MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member