UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, southernbrunette... share everything you can remember!
I know we are all anxious to hear your recollections.

When you say she was 'weird', how so? In what ways?
Would you ever have imagined she would be capable of something like this? Did she seem like a good mother at the time?

What kind of personality did she have? Did she seem self-confident? Was she loud and obnoxious? Quiet and reserved? Intelligent? Mean? Friendly?

Anything you can recall will be so appreciated!

I am in utter disbelief right now..can anyone tell me if anyone knows if she worked at Wing House of Orlando? Or Antigua night club in Orlando? Does anyone know if her maiden name was Stephanie Croft? I know she was traveling back and forth between Orlando and Vegas for a while after she got terminated (or quit, I can't recall..it was a lot of drama though) at Wing House.

Maternal Grandmother is Busby... but she could be remarried? IDK!

I am in utter disbelief right now..can anyone tell me if anyone knows if she worked at Wing House of Orlando? Or Antigua night club in Orlando? Does anyone know if her maiden name was Stephanie Croft? I know she was traveling back and forth between Orlando and Vegas for a while after she got terminated (or quit, I can't recall..it was a lot of drama though) at Wing House.

I think I did read her maiden name was Croft

~ southernbrunette
Did you know of or about her being a diabetic? Did she ever mention that?

ETA: was she ever in the Army that you know of? if so why is she "out" now

Time-line for Ethan Stacy 4yo.

WARNING: GRAPHIC AND DISTURBING.
revision (05/21/10 - eyes4crime & wonderful fellow sleuthers)

April 28th - Wednesday
Divorce papers finalized in Florida, Ethan and mom Stephanie fly to Utah

May 3rd - Tuesday
..Stacy said that Ethan told him in their last phone conversation on May 3rd that he was having fun visiting his mom in Layton. Prior to leaving, Ethan hadn’t wanted to go. **
..Last time Ethan talks with dad Joe.

May 4th - Tuesday
..Post on Face Book, the first of 17 cell phone pictures & videos mom takes of abuse over the days.
..Picture time-stamped May 4th of Ethan with large, notable, area of swelling to jaw and face.
.. Ethan's father, Joe Stacy, told his son wasn't available to talk, a trend that continues through Ethan's limited stay.
....Stephanie continues to complain to dad Joe about Ethan's behavior.

May5th - Wednesday
..Nate's mom sees son Nate, Ethan, and Stephanie - says all is fine (meeting place not mentioned).
..Stephanie visits Nate's mom.
..Nate takes Ethan in bedroom to punish and beats child around head area; face begins to swell.

..May 5. Stephanie texted her brother that she and Nathan Sloop were going to a courthouse the next day to get married so that they could apply for food stamps, Medicaid and other public assistance, he said. Their "real" wedding in Colorado was still on, she told him. **

May 5th - May 8th
..Ethan "exhibits signs and symptoms of a possible head injury or brain swelling due to a head injury,"

Stephanie Sloop told police Tuesday while being interviewed about her son's death: Ethan did not eat well, was vomiting, lethargic and exhibited non-responsive behavior, according to the reports.

May 6th - Thursday (wedding day)
..Ethan locked in bedroom while Stephanie and Nate marry; door knob taken off. Nate and Stephanie leave child in bedroom due to swelling and bruises.

From Warrant of Probable Cause:
Over the next several days, Ethan got progressively ill, police said Stephanie Sloop told detectives. He was vomiting, running a fever and would not eat. The couple forced the boy to drink two 16 oz. bottles of water, a bottle of KoolAid and orange juice in a two-hour period, police wrote in the jail statement. (from warrant of probable cause). Motrin and Benadryl were given for the swelling and Nate gave Benadryl so Ethan would stay quiet.

Thursday, May 6 or Friday, May 7:
Neighbor recalls seeing Stephanie walking away from the apartment seemingly agitated and stopping to look back at the apartment several times. A short time later Nathan followed her, put his hands on her face in a manner leading the neighbor to believe he was asking she please listen to him.

May 7th, Friday
Three nights before Stephanie and her new husband, Nathan Sloop, reported Ethan missing, Jones said Stephanie left a series of frantic voice messages.
Related:
.."She left crying, messages while she was crying, 'Ethan, he's crying. He won't stop crying. He wants his mommy. I don't know what to do. Please, please, call me. I don't know how to handle it. I don't know what to do,'" Jones said. **

..The final message, she now believes, may have come after Ethan died.

.."It was absolutely hysterical, sobbing to where I couldn't understand what she was saying," Jones said. "if I had to look deep into my heart, yeah, I would probably have to say that Ethan probably was dead, if not close to being dead at that point. And it was her grief reaching out." **

May 7th - Friday
..Stephanie, while shopping at Walmart, receives a cell phone call from Nate informing her Ethan is badly burned on hands, feet, and legs up to buttox area from running water in bath (claims Ethan turned on hot water).
..Stephanie returns to find human feces in child's mouth.
..In attempt to remove feces, Stephanie brushes Ethan's teeth until his gums bleed.

May 8th - Saturday
..Found smeared feces on bathroom wall and on Nate.
..Found feces in mouth and again brushed teeth.
..Notices Ethan's lips bleeding.
.. Blood and vomit found in child's bed.
..Stephanie needs to wash bed sheets due to blood and vomit from Ethan's mouth.

May 9th - Sunday (Mother's Day)
.. 5:00am - Stephanie makes trip to Walgreens to pick up RX.
..5:30am - Returns from store and told by Nate Ethan is dead.
..Stephanie finds Ethan dead in bed - reports Ethan feels cold and stiff, and without pulse.
..Stephanie attempts CPR to no avail.
...Stephanie goes to bed.

Ethan is wrapped in plastic garbage bags and taped, brought to Powder Mountain area for burial. Hammer used to disfigure facial features and teeth of Ethan.
Stephanie goes on errand purchasing 2 slushies and 2 cans lighter fluid to destroy evidence.

May 10th (Monday)
..Reported that Nate and Stephanie were shopping at Best Buy for video games and to fix Play Station 3(not verified)
..Ethan's father calls and talks with Nate rather than Stephanie.

..11:55pm - Stephanie reports Ethan missing
...Tells police a made up story about Ethan leaving the apt. 5x over the last 4 nights.

May 11th (Tuesday)
..LE finds child buried - teeth and face smashed with hammer; lighter fluid used to destroy evidence.
..Stephanie and husband Nate arrested.

May 19th (Wednesday) **
Funeral service for Ethan in Grundy, Virginia
Burial for Ethan in Richland, Virginia.

**New Information

Thanks to all who took the time for suggestions, additions/corrections - used every one of them.

Warrant of Probable Cause: Most of the time-line comes from Probable Cause document. Quotes, LE media leases

NATHAN
http://connect2utah.com/images/Multi...an Sloop.pdf

STEPHANIE
http://connect2utah.com/images/Multi...0C Sloop.pdf

Fellow sleuthers - please continue to let me know of updates, new information, corrections. Thanks for all your help!

Bumping for SB

~DairyGirl
beat me to it! You are Johnny ON The Spot!

southernbrunette,your posts really make me understand better why the person that knew Stephanie did not answer her sobbing,hysterical voicemails...up to now I really thought that was odd,even if someone is not that good of a friend ,how could you not answer such calls?....she said "Stephanie cried wolf too many times before"...and she just simply didn't want to deal with her.Now I understand why.
God,how horrible,she could have possibly saved Ethan's life....she must be crushed....

southernbrunette,your posts really make me understand better why the person that knew Stephanie did not answer her sobbing,hysterical voicemails...up to now I really thought that was odd,even if someone is not that good of a friend ,how could you not answer such calls?....she said "Stephanie cried wolf too many times before"...and she just simply didn't want to deal with her.Now I understand why.
God,how horrible,she could have possibly saved Ethan's life....she must be crushed....

BBM I respectfully disagree... That poor girl was in Florida! She had no idea where SS was! or that Ethan was even truely with her at the time. AND IMO the calls were just another way she tried to cover her butt after the fact!
HOWEVER! I digress and admit I may very well be wrong.
BUT bottom line the girl in Fla. should not feel responsible (still I bet she does)

oh I don't disagree with you at all,I just think there's a slight possibility if she would have called Ethan's dad or the authorities,at least I think that's what would be constantly on mind if I was that lady....I would be completely out of my head with feelings of guilt,whether or not they're warranted....

oh I don't disagree with you at all,I just think there's a slight possibility if she would have called Ethan's dad or the authorities,at least I think that's what would be constantly on mind if I was that lady....I would be completely out of my head with feelings of guilt,whether or not they're warranted....

SS wanted to lay that guilt on an uninvovled person IMO. AND I think she timed it so that even IF the girl called for help it was already too late. MOO
Hopefully this girl knew SS well enough to know she was being set up as the "cry out" person and no matter what EVEN if she had wanted to help she couldn't... I do commend her for not erasing the calls and bringing it to the attention of LE!

Carla Jones, who lives in Florida, told KSL that she's turned over to police as potential evidence, recordings of Sloop's voice messages. Jones blames herself for not reacting in time to save the little boy she calls "Pumpkin."

"We were very, very close," Jones said. "We did a lot of things as families and as couples."
When the couple's marriage fell apart, Jones said Sloop forced her to choose between her and Joe Stacy.

"Stephanie is a very conniving, manipulating and deceiving person," Jones said. "She would sell her own mother if it was going to get her something.

"She was not a fit mother. She was not a fit wife. She had a personality disorder. She had anger issues. She should have never had that child," she said.

Jones said she believes Sloop took custody of Ethan for the summer and brought him to Utah "so she could hurt Joe."

"She knew the only way she could hurt Joe was by getting Ethan," she said.

Three nights before Sloop and her new husband, Nathan Sloop, reported Ethan missing, Jones said Stephanie Sloop left her a series of frantic voice messages.

"She left … messages while she was crying, 'Ethan, he's crying. He won't stop crying. He just wants mommy. I don't know what to do. Please, please, call me. I don't know how to handle it. I don't know what to do,' " Jones said.

The final message, Jones now believes, may have come after Ethan died.

"It was absolutely hysterical sobbing to where I couldn't understand what she was saying," she said. "If I had to look deep into my heart, yeah, I would probably have to say that Ethan probably was dead, if not close to being dead at that point. And it was her grief reaching out."

Now, Jones wishes she'd called Ethan's dad or the police.

"I actually feel terrible, and I have tremendous guilt," she said.

http://www.deseretnews.com/mobile/a...nd-says-Stephanie-Sloop-not-a-fit-mother.html

What I don't understand is the reported FB postings of pictures of abuse. Not unusual for Stephanie to put something that personal on FB at all..but was she trying to claim the abuse was at Joe's hands? Someone help me understand this. TIA.

I believe Nathan's.. she stated NS would "harm" her if she sought help for Ethan...

What I don't understand is the reported FB postings of pictures of abuse. Not unusual for Stephanie to put something that personal on FB at all..but was she trying to claim the abuse was at Joe's hands? Someone help me understand this. TIA.

The only picture I've seen, of Ethan and the monster on the couch "playing" video games, I actually think she thought it would make NS look like a good "father". I think she thought people would believe her story about Ethan having an allergy to explain the marks on his face.

The only picture I've seen, of Ethan and the monster on the couch "playing" video games, I actually think she thought it would make NS look like a good "father". I think she thought people would believe her story about Ethan having an allergy to explain the marks on his face.

Little did she know the markers of anaphylaxis! With the type of swelling around his mouth(external) that we see... He would have already expired from his throat swelling shut as well! UNLESS it was just oral allergy syndrome which is rare... but even then kids have some respiratory difficulty and any normal "parent" would have become panicked! NS was a parent too maybe not to Ethan but he had a child that was close in age..

** Sunday May 23 2010 - Morning News Check **

Most recent articles for Ethan

Ethan Stacy case may put 'Shelby's Law' to use for first time
Salt Lake Tribune - Updated: 05/22/2010 05:31:08 PM MDT: http://www.sltrib.com/D=g/ci_15142745

Justice march for Ethan Stacy
ABC4 - Last Update: 5/22 11:29 pm: http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/story/Justice-march-for-Ethan-Stacy/EOew2uuamEKwFHdgHp1mNw.cspx

Hundreds walk for justice for Ethan Stacy
Standard-Examiner - Last Edit: May 22 2010 - 11:32pm: http://www.standard.net/topics/courts/2010/05/22/hundreds-walk-justice-ethan-stacy

Dad recalls conversations prior to discovery of boy's body
Salt Lake Tribune - Updated: 05/22/2010 09:43:15 PM MDT: http://www.sltrib.com/D=g/ci_15142408

Hundreds walk for justice for Ethan Stacy
KSL - May 22nd, 2010 @ 5:32pm: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10880212

* News Timeline for Ethan from Google Labs:
http://newstimeline.googlelabs.com?date=2010-05-17&zoom=0&subs=anews."ethan+stacy",anews

* All news stories for Ethan in reverse date order (most recent article first) from Interceder:
http://interceder.net/news/ethan-stacy

Rest in peace, Ethan. We love you.
:blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics