GUILTY UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not an attorney. Though I will take your asking as a compliment, I think...

I'm not sure I agree with your definition of 'manufacturing'.
A defense attorney, by law has to represent his or her client with an honest defense.

I for one, do not want either of the Sloop attorney to do no less than their best. If not these two will have grounds for dismissal.

As a sleuth, If given the inside info, I'd be inclined to ensure these two defense attorney did none other than 110% and where on their top game. Why? Because I am that confident the prosecution will have enough to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt and the last thing I want is grounds for dismissal based on any mistakes the defense makes.

JMO
You are right about the WE DONT WANT any grounds for dismissal. I still say it is a Lawyers job to work with what is there, and give that his 110 + percent. I still say that manufacturing a story of her being forced to marry him or whatever else he is coming up with, is not his job and would not set up any grounds for dismissal.
JMO
Like I said IMO there are many kinds of attorneys, some do not take a mafia client. Some do. Some can manufacture, lets see what shows up.

You are right about the WE DONT WANT any grounds for dismissal. I still say it is a Lawyers job to work with what is there, and give that his 110 + percent. I still say that manufacturing a story of her being forced to marry him or whatever else he is coming up with, is not his job and would not set up any grounds for dismissal.
JMO
Like I said IMO there are many kinds of attorneys, some do not take a mafia client. Some do. Some can manufacture, lets see what shows up.

"What there is" depends on one's perspective. We all know it is the defenses job to put enough reasonable doubt into the prosecutions case. Whether that means the defense finds reasonable or far reaching info to create reasonable doubt is their job........

No attornies 'chose' to take this case, so what types of clients attornies choose to represent or not represent is a mute point. There was no choice in this case..... I don't think they have a choice unless they wish to risk being disbarred. And doing a poor job for these two regardless of either attornies opinion on whether they would choose to represent them or not, also a mute point because it isn't worth losing a career over.

JMO

"What there is" depends on one's perspective. We all know it is the defenses job to put enough reasonable doubt into the prosecutions case. Whether that means the defense finds reasonable or far reaching info to create reasonable doubt is their job........

No attornies 'chose' to take this case, so what types of clients attornies choose to represent or not represent is a mute point. There was no choice in this case..... I don't think they have a choice unless they wish to risk being disbarred. And doing a poor job for these two regardless of either attornies opinion on whether they would choose to represent them or not, also a mute point because it isn't worth losing a career over.

JMO

http://sandiegodivorcecenter.com/to...awyer-legally-refuse-to-represent-a-defendant

Courts don’t simply appoint attorneys at random. There is generally a list of lawyers who make themselves available to accept certain types of cases. The public defender, of course, exists to represent criminal defendants. If someone is unwilling to do that, they need to get into a different line of work.

People who do criminal defense work are committed to the concept of due process–the right of criminal defendants to be represented by counsel and ensuring that the state meets its burden of proof. Defense attorneys do not have to condone their clients’ conduct or like them. Their job is make sure they get a fair trial and an competent defense.

04 Jun 2010 A court appointed attorney has no choice. He must provide his client a zealous defense.

A private attorney can refuse a client’s request to represent him.

http://sandiegodivorcecenter.com/to...awyer-legally-refuse-to-represent-a-defendant

Courts don’t simply appoint attorneys at random. There is generally a list of lawyers who make themselves available to accept certain types of cases. The public defender, of course, exists to represent criminal defendants. If someone is unwilling to do that, they need to get into a different line of work.

People who do criminal defense work are committed to the concept of due process–the right of criminal defendants to be represented by counsel and ensuring that the state meets its burden of proof. Defense attorneys do not have to condone their clients’ conduct or like them. Their job is make sure they get a fair trial and an competent defense.

04 Jun 2010 A court appointed attorney has no choice. He must provide his client a zealous defense.

A private attorney can refuse a client’s request to represent him.

Well, God bless them. In this case, I fear they will have nightmares for the rest of their lives. I'm sorry for what they will be forced to hear and see.

Welcome dolfin09!!

I've totally been waiting for Stephanie to start claiming she was forced. I'll never believe it because by her own admissions she was out and about alone. Could have called the police any one of those times. God I hope she does not somehow get out of this.
She won't.

It's clear from her actions both before and after Ethan arrived that there was no coercion or force involved.

This is her only defense. Her attorney really has nothing else. It's a hail Mary that isn't going anywhere. Judge and jury won't believe it any more than we do (or even her own attorney, I bet).

She's obviously willing to toss NS under the bus. I'm betting she eventually tries to make a deal in return for her testimony against him. I can see her being offered LWOP in order to ensure NS gets the needle.

I absolutely cannot write what I want to write about this without getting banned (and I refuse to be banned from Websleuths because of Stephanie SLOOP -which is the exact name she will be carrying even while she burns in Hell, in my opinion. She has branded herself for all eternity).

The thought of her sharing the same last name with Ethan and Joe ever again has me shaking with anger!

I need to step away from this for now, seriously, before I write something I can't take back.

I know what you mean. I have sat here reading this, but didn't dare post until now.

I don't see a judge allowing her an annulment. She clearly did this of her own free will. At best, she may be allowed to file for divorce.

Could you, or any of us, imagine what the public would do if the state cut a deal with Stephanie? I would make Rodney King look like a walk in the park. I can't imagine the state putting themselves in that position....
I just can't.

JMO

I agree. The most I can see the State agreeing to is LWOP in return for testimony against NS. And that is probably a slim chance at best.

I know this is an emotionally hot topic, however SS has the right to be properly represented by a defense attorney. I doubt they enjoy the job... IIRC no one volunteered to defend SS and NS, the judge had to appoint them or assign them to the case.

Respectfully, please keep that in mind when and where your anger is directed. I know we are all furious over the actions of SS and NS but we need to direct that anger where it is appropriately warranted at the two perps and not those who have to defend them by no choice of their own. Now that they have been appointed to represent them these two are not worth losing a career over by not doing the proper job.

JMO

Agreed.

I want their attorneys to pull out all the stops. I want their attorneys to provide them with a vigorous defense. Because I don't want there to be anything there for a successful appeal.

Well, God bless them. In this case, I fear they will have nightmares for the rest of their lives. I'm sorry for what they will be forced to hear and see.

Yes. So many people will be forever haunted by what was done to Ethan. Everyone but the two who deserve to be, that is.

My prayers go out first and foremost to Joe and his family and everyone who cherished this precious little boy, but also to all those who have been (and will be) involved in this case.

To cleanse my thoughts of those two POSs.

es8888.jpg

es333.jpg

ethan-7.jpg

Just wanted to stop by and say Happy (belated) 4th of July to Ethan! I bet you had the best view of the fireworks this year! (after all... up in Heaven... I'm sure you could see all of them no matter where they were!)

as a little side note... this year we lined our dock with road flares, one each for Ethan, Marc, Aveion, Somer, Shaniya, Julian, Sarah, Elizabeth, Jada, Sandra, Brooke, Victoria, Lindsey, Caylee, Kyron, Haleigh, Gabriel, Hassani, Adji, and Kayleah... So that the kids could know that everyone here will never forget them... We could have put many many more if we had the room... and a few of our neighbors launched Sky lanterns with each of their names written on them... (if you've never seen them before, check out a pic of what they are here... Sky Lanterns ) Just as a little remembrance for each child....

eta: you can find instructions all over the web on how to make them... My neighbor bought the ones we used off of the net... but there's tons of websites with easy directions for them... not really all that hard, and I think that maybe next year we'll try to make ours... that way they'll be a little more personal

I had to get away from this one for a while, it tore me up. Had to come back and show some love for Ethan and his family, seeing pictures of Kyron H has really reminded me of little Ethan.

I wish this crap would stop.

Do we need to start making people be certified and licensed every year in order to be parents? Really, anyone who cares more about themself then their own child should not be allowed to be a parent or stepparent.

Are there any court dates yet?
I just want to hear that they have been sentenced and that the keys were thrown away.

Are there any court dates yet?
I just want to hear that they have been sentenced and that the keys were thrown away.

They are appearing in court on Wednesday July 14th at 1pm. I believe they are suppose to enter their pleas.

They are appearing in court on Wednesday July 14th at 1pm. I believe they are suppose to enter their pleas.

is it too much to hope for that they will plea guilty and beg for the DP to atone for what they've done?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back