GUILTY UT - Kimberly Hain, 33, murdered in her West Valley home, 22 May 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh no! I really hope this isn't another case of a husband killing his wife. Naturally, it wouldn't be any less tragic if an intruder killer this poor woman. However, if it was the husband, at least, unlike Chris Coleman, he preserved the lives of his two children. Is anyone here familiar with the church of LDS and their policies concerning divorce? Even if I did belong to a church which would essentially outlaw me if I divorced my husband/wife, I would still see that as the one and only alternative - not murder! Like I said, I'm hoping we don't have another case of a husband killing his wife; I also hope the TOD will confirm that either way. But the way LE are stating it is an "isolated incident" and that no one else in the neighborhood is in danger, and more recently, that "no one is being ruled out as a person of interest" just reminds me of the Coleman case. This is just so incredibly sad. And for the children to find their mother's battered body, and one of them being autistic to begin with? Those kids are going to need years of therapy, stability, and love in the future for them to even begin to lead a semblance of normal lives. It just seems like we're hearing more and more of these cases EVERY SINGLE day now: A seemingly perfect, church-going family, with no outward relationship problems and no enemies (that we've heard of so far) and then all of a sudden the wife (and sometimes the children as well) are suddenly murdered. And the husband is the lone survivor. Again like I said, I hope for the childrens' sake it was not the father, but judging from past cases we've looked at like this, it doesn't look good.

IF the husband did it ---- IF ----- don't these guys watch TV - don't they know they WILL GET CAUGHT!!!!

IF the husband did it ---- IF ----- don't these guys watch TV - don't they know they WILL GET CAUGHT!!!!

For all the guys who "get caught" on tv, there are thousands who don't - just read through the Charley Project or the Doe Network.

Secondly, I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop, like the GF showing up and/or the LARGE insurance policy.

On a slightly different note, something struck me about the "trash" day and it's part in some of these murders. Ronald Cummings, HaLeigh's dad, made mention of "taking out the trash" after his daughter went missing. There was another famous murder case, forget the name and too lazy to look it up, where a mother was convicted of murdering 2 baby daughters, but allowing the son to live. She was also "taking out the trash" when someone slipped into her home, both times, stole her daughters then killed them. I'm not sure what to make of this, but it does have me thinking about "trash" and what it may mean to different people. This could have many meanings and connotations, some of them very interesting.

My opinion only

According to this source her parents were the ones traveling there for a visit.

Kimberly's parents had planned to travel from San Diego to spend a month in Utah, Kari Hain said.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_12438146?source=rss

With her parents coming for a month long visit, I'm wondering if that added some extra tension/stress to an already troubled marriage, if in fact there was trouble, we just don't know at this time what was going on behind closed doors. When are they going to know the TOD?

VB

P.S. O.T.
today is our trash day so I'm going to have to get that big container wheeled out to the curb, but I promise I do not have anything connected to a murder inside it.

On a slightly different note, something struck me about the "trash" day and it's part in some of these murders. <snip> This could have many meanings and connotations, some of them very interesting.

My opinion only

Didnt Kelly's Jakowski's (sp) son disappear while taking out the trash? I wonder if someone has compiled statistics on how many people disappear/are murdered (by strangers!) due to taking out the trash or letting dogs out.
I am usually jumping on the husband in these cases, but I really don't want it to be the husband. Maybe it's the nurse thing, who knows.

For all the guys who "get caught" on tv, there are thousands who don't - just read through the Charley Project or the Doe Network.

Secondly, I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop, like the GF showing up and/or the LARGE insurance policy.

On a slightly different note, something struck me about the "trash" day and it's part in some of these murders. Ronald Cummings, HaLeigh's dad, made mention of "taking out the trash" after his daughter went missing. There was another famous murder case, forget the name and too lazy to look it up, where a mother was convicted of murdering 2 baby daughters, but allowing the son to live. She was also "taking out the trash" when someone slipped into her home, both times, stole her daughters then killed them. I'm not sure what to make of this, but it does have me thinking about "trash" and what it may mean to different people. This could have many meanings and connotations, some of them very interesting.

My opinion only

The woman you are thinking of is Paula Sims, the murders took place in Jerseyville and Alton, IL several years apart (not enough evidence on first to get her). She is currently serving LWOP.

To clarify an earlier post: the wife was a CNA in the ER for 10 years, the husband was an RN at another hospital, LDS.

New article says that a neighbor found a set of keys in his yard.
And also "..Marty Vuksinick said his mom took the two Hain kids into their house, and they kept saying, "mom's been shot by a bad guy,"

Maybe they first thought she was shot, that would make the husband look innocent.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705306518,00.html

They also said the police took white trash bags out of the house, it sounded like one might be the garbage... so maybe the trash never got out.

Still no obituary or mention of funeral arraignments.

we have all read so mcuh about murder cases where the wife is killed so if you're like me and have a suspicious nature about you to begin with, you must wonder if hubby had a gf and maybe Kim found out about it and was going to leave him...who knows. One thing we know for sure is that there is yet another beautiful young mother dead in a most horrible manner. The TOD will be very very telling in this case.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_12448458

Police will interview her husband, Douglass Patrick Hain Jr., again, but McLachlan said he is not a suspect.

"We still have a lot of people that are people of interest, those we have not talked to and those we need to re-interview," McLachlan said
They waited for their father to come home from a night shift as a nurse and he called police.

So here we go again Dad is not a suspect, but they are going to reinterview him. Interesting statement boled above.

also if the article is right and the boy was 8 and the girl was 6 why would they wait for dad to get home? my 6 yr old knows my cell #, she knows how to use a phone, and she knows how to call 911. Interesting!

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_12448458

Police will interview her husband, Douglass Patrick Hain Jr., again, but McLachlan said he is not a suspect.

"We still have a lot of people that are people of interest, those we have not talked to and those we need to re-interview," McLachlan said
They waited for their father to come home from a night shift as a nurse and he called police.

So here we go again Dad is not a suspect, but they are going to reinterview him. Interesting statement boled above.

also if the article is right and the boy was 8 and the girl was 6 why would they wait for dad to get home? my 6 yr old knows my cell #, she knows how to use a phone, and she knows how to call 911. Interesting!

I heard the children were a little older, 8 and 10 I think, and that they are both autistic so maybe that is why they didn't call 911.

The woman you are thinking of is Paula Sims, the murders took place in Jerseyville and Alton, IL several years apart (not enough evidence on first to get her). She is currently serving LWOP.

Yes, thank you, that's the case I was referring to. The one thing that always stayed in my mind about that case, aside from her husband getting off scott free, was Paula taking out the trash.

I heard the children were a little older, 8 and 10 I think, and that they are both autistic so maybe that is why they didn't call 911.

it would be nice if the media could get the info correct. I have read that they were 4and 6, 6 and 8, and 8 and 10, that one was autistic, and that both were autistic. Seems the only thing the media has reported consistant is that there is 2 years age difference. Of course that is probably wrong also.

Didnt Kelly's Jakowski's (sp) son disappear while taking out the trash? I wonder if someone has compiled statistics on how many people disappear/are murdered (by strangers!) due to taking out the trash or letting dogs out.
I am usually jumping on the husband in these cases, but I really don't want it to be the husband. Maybe it's the nurse thing, who knows.

Yes, Jason was last seen/heard moving trash cans. A study into this would be interesting.

I also agree about husbands in these cases, but in light of his drug/alcohol(?) problems, my hinky meter is really vibrating.

TOD is of utmost importance here.

Chances are that the husband works a Baylor Shift (12 hours), which is how LDS Hospital fills their evening and weekend shifts. Their day shifts are filled more traditionally (four 10 hour shifts, or five 8 hour shifts); however their evening RN shifts are basically 12 hour shifts. These shifts actually last more like 13 hours because there is a half hour overlap at the beginning and end of each shift to report to the incoming RN. If he was working a Baylor Shift he probably worked the 7:00 to 7:00 shift.

As someone already indicated LDS hospital is incredibly secure as soon as evening visiting hours are over. You have to use a key card to get in and out of the building; plus there are security cameras everywhere. In addition the employee parking terrace is also key card activated.

It also takes more than 30 minutes to get from LDS hospital to West Valley. This would not fit very well with him leaving, going home, committing a murder, cleaning up evidence, and then getting back to the hospital. Especially since RNs can't just disappear from a hospital setting. They are the charge nurses. The LPNs and Nurses Aides take their orders from the RN.

I would imagine by now they would have checked the husband out and interviewed his co-workers, as well as viewed security tapes. If they would have found anything suspicious, they would have already interviewd him again.

But, the popular theory is that it always has to be the husband. Therefore, people will continue to speculate.

I'm thinking if the husband is responsible, it would have to be before or after he left work. Now the 7-7 shift is interesting because that would give him an hour or so minus the drive, unaccounted for after he left work and said he got home. He would have to alibi that time to LE as well.

have we heard when TOD will be reported it seems the CC case the TOD was released really soon after.

have we heard when TOD will be reported it seems the CC case the TOD was released really soon after.

No TOD released in this case and haven't heard when. And in CC's case the TOD wasn't released until after his arrest. In fact, the arrest warrant wasn't signed until Dr Baden's second opinion was given.

I'm thinking if the husband is responsible, it would have to be before or after he left work. Now the 7-7 shift is interesting because that would give him an hour or so minus the drive, unaccounted for after he left work and said he got home. He would have to alibi that time to LE as well.
I agree... and if that were indeed the case I hope the children have been interviewed with kid gloves on (no pun intended)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back