UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s “unexpected” death last year, May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm thinking of people who want to be influencers. It's something that does both things at once (assuages her conscience AND makes her trendy).

I do think people think this way. Most of them don't kill anyone, but it's not surprising that a killer might also do these same things, so popular in her generation and consistent with her style, IMO.
Well, now she'll have her chance to try to influence a jury.

I wonder what was the final piece of evidence that led to the arrest. Perhaps it was the dealer talking about her purchases. IMO, that would have been a tough nut for the investigation to crack, dealers don't talk to police. Surely he'd have tried to blackmail her, first. More to come on this one, I think.

KR's Review of Ghostwriting Co.

@asmi106082
In case you missed the review I cut & pasted from the ghostwriting co website, here it is:

"These guys did an amazing job at taking what I wanted illustrated and my words and ideas for the book and bring it to life! Highly recommended!
Kouri Richins
March 15, 2023"
Book Writing Lane Reviews: Read Real Clients Feedback"
www.bookwritinglane.com
An amazingly garbled review for someone who is an author.

MOO

Using a ghostwriter is incredibly common. You come up with the idea, but don't have the writing skills to write it beyond an outline, so you pay someone to do the work but they go uncredited. She wouldn't be the first person to do this and it's the least egregious thing she's done by far, if she did hire one. imo
Yes, there probably tons of authors we are familiar with who use ghost writers. Especially when celebrities and politicians “write” their ‘autobiography.’

ER believed his wife Kouri had tried to poison him multiple times. So, it is difficult to understand why ER trusted Kouri enough to drink that Moscow mule she prepared for him. Actually, it doesn't make sense that ER was still with her. Codependency?

Kouri had made her husband a Moscow mule, which he drank in bed. She went to sleep shortly after, and awoke around 3 a.m. to find Eric cold to the touch, she told police.

Court documents allege that Eric Richins believed his wife had tried to poison him multiple timesbefore his death, citing two instances before his apparent fatal overdose in which Eric ingested something that his wife had given him and he fell ill.
Actually, we don’t even know if it’s true. Maybe she prepared dinner with the fentanyl and made his own cocktail. Perhaps she’d never tried to poison him when the kids were around, so he felt safe?

Utah mom Kouri Richins signaled she was “single and available” during a TV appearance to promote her book about grief after allegedly killing her husband, according to a body language expert.

Showing up without her wedding ring was what body language and human behavior expert Patti Wood told the US Sun called a “strong choice.”

“Writing a children’s book about grief after losing your husband and promoting it without still wearing a wedding ring is an interesting choice,” Wood told the outlet.
I noticed that too!

I wonder what was the final piece of evidence that led to the arrest. Perhaps it was the dealer talking about her purchases. IMO, that would have been a tough nut for the investigation to crack, dealers don't talk to police. Surely he'd have tried to blackmail her, first. More to come on this one, I think.
I think once CL turned witness, authorities picked KR up.

IMO, they needed to put the fentanyl (street grade) in KR's hands and knew that KR's acquaintance (CL) had access to such drugs based on her priors.

According to the AA, investigators talked to CL on May 3, 2023, and KR was arrested and charged with her husband's murder on May 8, -- less than a week later.

I think CL gave them the dates, qty, and amount KR paid her for the drugs, which corroborated with the communication police already had after downloading KR's phone.

If she used a ghostwriter and didn't do the illustrations herself, then what exactly did she do to warrant being called the author of the book? I mean, we could all be published authors too if all it takes is finding someone else to do all the work.
Many books are ghostwritten. All those public figures who "write" autobiographies? Ghostwritten. If you're lucky, the ghost writer is indicated on the frontispiece.

That old cliche, waiting for the other shoe to drop? I have a feeling we're going to see a whole closet full of shoes here. I think Kouri may have been up to a lot of unsavory things.

Pure speculation and MOO.
Agreed !
I find it eerie and chilling that she purchased the drugs used to end his life at the house he didn't want to sign off on !
Imo.

Until we have proof that LE determined there was residue from a Moscow Mule cocktail in a mug he drank from, we have only her story of the episode.

I find it oddly specific and somehow, too neat.

They are saying KR bought the fentanyl at that house....

I think they're taking liberties at deducing that. She didn't even own it until after ER died. IIRC, it's just been said that the seller would leave the fent at a house KR was flipping, for her to pick up. It never said this house, and frankly, it couldn't have been this house unless they were both trespassing.

Until we have proof that LE determined there was residue from a Moscow Mule cocktail in a mug he drank from, we have only her story of the episode.

I find it oddly specific and somehow, too neat.
I would think she's telling the truth about the drink if only because alcohol would show up in Eric's post-mortem bloodwork.

But, she is pretty dumb, so who knows.

I think they're taking liberties at deducing that. She didn't even own it until after ER died. IIRC, it's just been said that the seller would leave the fent at a house KR was flipping, for her to pick up. It never said this house, and frankly, it couldn't have been this house unless they were both trespassing.
KR may have had permission to be there if she was a potential buyer, even if just outside on the grounds. I've asked (and been given) that permission before when looking at a property. And we don't know if the seller wasn't related to the house in some way...

Maybe it was undercover LE? Someone now in jail who wants to cut a deal? An LE informant focused on a cartel that they haven't wanted to bring in from the cold 'til now?

Utah mom Kouri Richins signaled she was “single and available” during a TV appearance to promote her book about grief after allegedly killing her husband, according to a body language expert.

Showing up without her wedding ring was what body language and human behavior expert Patti Wood told the US Sun called a “strong choice.”

“Writing a children’s book about grief after losing your husband and promoting it without still wearing a wedding ring is an interesting choice,” Wood told the outlet.
Someone needs to ask Patti Wood about the "body language" in the hairdo.

Re-asking a question that was asked upthread but was not answered, as far as I could tell. It may require a real estate expert’s opinion.

If ER told his family that he planned to refuse to sign off on the closing documents of the money pit mansion (as referenced in many articles throughout this thread), how was KR able to complete the closing documents on her own after his death? Would she have had to have forged his signatures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper