UT - Kylen Schulte, 24, & Crystal Beck, 38, newlywed couple found dead, Grand County, 18 Aug 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh how I hope they managed to find the suspect's DNA.
I am confused about the crime scene. In the video linked above, the friend that found the first body, said she saw it 'in the water.'

I wonder if both were found in the water? Did the killer place them in water hoping to wash away any DNA from the assaults?

I am confused about the crime scene. In the video linked above, the friend that found the first body, said she saw it 'in the water.'

I wonder if both were found in the water? Did the killer place them in water hoping to wash away any DNA from the assaults?
There are other videos out there of interviews done by the lady who found K&C. I'm not sure if they are allowed to be posted on this forum.

From the Affidavit for the Search Warrant, both bodies were located in a creek near their campsite:

On August 18,2021 at approximately 11:20 hours, investigators with the Grand
County Sheriff's Officer were dispatched to a camp site near the La Sal Loop
Road with a GPS location of 38.507019, -109.341093. When investigators arrived, a blue Kia Sorento, a single camp tent, a make shift rabbit shelter, and normal amenities for a long-term camp site were observed.

In a nearby creek, two female bodies were found. The bodies were identified as belonging to Crystal Turner and her wife Kylen Schulte. Both women were undressed from the waist down. One of the females had on a bra that was raised to expose her breasts while the second female was dressed in only a tank top. Investigators located multiple gunshot wounds on both bodies. The wounds were located on the backs, sides, and/or chests of the victims. It should be noted that these two females were reported as missing on Monday August 16, 2021.

Warrant reveals additional details in double homicide | The Times-Independent

The fact that he had a lot of food sounds to me like he was on the run from something. It would seem , IMO if living in the vehicle was just a way of life there'd be no need to overstock on food as you'd just mosey into town and restock as needed. Having a lot makes it seem like you don't know when you might get anther chance to replenish. MOO
Or he was just camping. When we camp we take all of our food along for the trip, we don’t want to go find a store so even if we’re only going for 4 days we probably in reality have enough food to feed 4 people for 2 weeks. Or if he was camping a few nights each place along a route on a trip, he might now want to pay tourist grocery store prices and may have stocked up in a bigger city.

After re-reading the linked article, I do think there are actually two phones in evidence:

1) damaged Samsung 8 found inside the Ford Econoline parked at McDonald's;

2) unidentified Samsung phone located at the crime scene.

We know the Ford Econoline was NOT at the crime scene whereas the latest linked article specifically states the second Samsung was located at the crime scene. MOO

Warrant seeks new information in Moab double homicide of Kylen Schulte, Crystal Turner | ABC4 Utah

There are more phones:

A second search warrant was served at A1 Storage Units where the women had a unit that they shared with Schulte's father. More drug paraphernalia, a small amount of drugs, cellphones and tablets were seized, according to the warrant.
(Warrants: If something happens to us, we were murdered, Moab victim told friends)

The article mentions "drugs" two times in kind of a cheap shot kind of way, but that's what was found in both locations. Not sure what to make of it, ( who doesn't have at least 2 or 3 old cellphones in the junk drawer or garage?)

The article doesn't say whether the phones were active.

R.st.J

There are more phones:

A second search warrant was served at A1 Storage Units where the women had a unit that they shared with Schulte's father. More drug paraphernalia, a small amount of drugs, cellphones and tablets were seized, according to the warrant.
(Warrants: If something happens to us, we were murdered, Moab victim told friends)

The article mentions "drugs" two times in kind of a cheap shot kind of way, but that's what was found in both locations. Not sure what to make of it, ( who doesn't have at least 2 or 3 old cellphones in the junk drawer or garage?)

The article doesn't say whether the phones were active.

R.st.J
Thanks, @RstJ for the link.

Per the KSL news dated Sept 9, 2021 -- this now makes 3 known search warrants: 1) 8/19 - Ford Econoline, 2) 9/20 - cell tower dump, and 3) A-1 storage unit (date unknown), where phones seized under each.

Also, CSH who found the victims murdered is identified as Schulte's boss
[?Moonflower Co-op]. This was new to me.

On Aug. 18, Schulte's boss and friend Cindy Sue Hunter, who went looking for the missing women, found their bodies at their campsite in the South Mesa area and called police. Officers noted in the warrants that they found the women's car, tent, a makeshift rabbit shelter, and items common for long-term camping at the site.

9/8/21 Warrants: If something happens to us, we were murdered, Moab victim told friends

‘We’re scared’: Vigil held for slain Moab couple as residents seek answers

8/25/21

A candlelight vigil was held Sunday for two women found shot to death in the La Sal Mountains near Moab a week ago.

Kylen “Ky” Carrol Schulte, 24, and Crystal Michelle Turner, 38, also known as Crystal Beck, were recently married and living out of their vehicles. Friends say because they couldn’t afford housing in Moab, they camped during the summer in the mountains and drove to work in Moab each day.

[..]

At some point during the weekend, the women called friends to say they were moving to another campsite because of a “weirdo camping near them that was freaking them out,” according to a social media posts.

Schulte worked at the Moonflower Community Cooperative. On Aug. 18, after the women had been missing for a couple of days, store owner and family friend Cindy Sue Hunter decided she needed to go into the mountains to look for them.

“I’m going to just start driving. I’m going to look over the edge of cliffs. I’m going to look in ravines, because my thought was they had gotten in an accident. And there are so many places you can go off the road up there,” she said.

She went to the Pack Creek area and Geyser Pass. Hunter said she didn’t know where to look, but she got strong feelings about where to go and believes she was guided by the deceased couple themselves.

“I don’t know how I found them, other than listening,” Hunter said, “I’m listening, you have to help me find them. You have to help me find you. And they did.”

Out of the corner of her eye, in a secluded area, Hunter saw their campsite.

Thanks, @RstJ for the link.

Per the KSL news dated Sept 9, 2021 -- this now makes 3 known search warrants: 1) 8/19 - Ford Econoline, 2) 9/20 - cell tower dump, and 3) A-1 storage unit (date unknown), where phones seized under each.

Also, CSH who found the victims murdered is identified as Schulte's boss
[?Moonflower Co-op]. This was new to me.

On Aug. 18, Schulte's boss and friend Cindy Sue Hunter, who went looking for the missing women, found their bodies at their campsite in the South Mesa area and called police. Officers noted in the warrants that they found the women's car, tent, a makeshift rabbit shelter, and items common for long-term camping at the site.

9/8/21 Warrants: If something happens to us, we were murdered, Moab victim told friends

Wow, interesting that this just came out that Cindy was Kylen's boss! I wonder why that was never mentioned before? It would have seemed natural during her interviews for that to have been mentioned.

‘We’re scared’: Vigil held for slain Moab couple as residents seek answers

8/25/21

A candlelight vigil was held Sunday for two women found shot to death in the La Sal Mountains near Moab a week ago.

Kylen “Ky” Carrol Schulte, 24, and Crystal Michelle Turner, 38, also known as Crystal Beck, were recently married and living out of their vehicles. Friends say because they couldn’t afford housing in Moab, they camped during the summer in the mountains and drove to work in Moab each day.

[..]

At some point during the weekend, the women called friends to say they were moving to another campsite because of a “weirdo camping near them that was freaking them out,” according to a social media posts.

Schulte worked at the Moonflower Community Cooperative. On Aug. 18, after the women had been missing for a couple of days, store owner and family friend Cindy Sue Hunter decided she needed to go into the mountains to look for them.

“I’m going to just start driving. I’m going to look over the edge of cliffs. I’m going to look in ravines, because my thought was they had gotten in an accident. And there are so many places you can go off the road up there,” she said.

She went to the Pack Creek area and Geyser Pass. Hunter said she didn’t know where to look, but she got strong feelings about where to go and believes she was guided by the deceased couple themselves.

“I don’t know how I found them, other than listening,” Hunter said, “I’m listening, you have to help me find them. You have to help me find you. And they did.”

Out of the corner of her eye, in a secluded area, Hunter saw their campsite.

I wonder where they stayed in the winter?

Grand County, UT
This Aug. 19 statement from the Sheriff's Office has bothered me since it was released:
The Grand County Sheriff’s Office believes there is no current danger to the public in the Grand County area.
I doubt LE would make this statement if they thought some "weirdo" or degenerate was on the loose murdering women because of their LGBTQ orientation. Which leads me to wonder if
1) LE has a suspect in mind.
2) The killer was someone known to KS and CT and had a reason for wanting them dead.

Howcome they havnt released what size bullets or capsules where found at the scene?
This is an active homicide investigation with no named suspect or POI! Knowing that the victims were shot multiple times, authorities would never compromise the investigation by releasing such critical evidence where the killer could learn or be alerted what evidence was left behind. MOO

The media coverage around this case has been very confusing. Leaving lots of details out and then revealing them months later when they were relevant the whole time. Very frustrating.

The confusion about the location of the bodies is really not helped by all the different details reported by different agencies.

Grand County, UT
This Aug. 19 statement from the Sheriff's Office has bothered me since it was released:
The Grand County Sheriff’s Office believes there is no current danger to the public in the Grand County area.
I doubt LE would make this statement if they thought some "weirdo" or degenerate was on the loose murdering women because of their LGBTQ orientation. Which leads me to wonder if
1) LE has a suspect in mind.
2) The killer was someone known to KS and CT and had a reason for wanting them dead.
That’s my thinking on this case, that statement makes it seem clear they don’t think the killer poses a threat to others. So they were targeted for a reason, maybe it was drug related. The references to their drug paraphernalia is what leads me to that theory.

my only other thought is the killer is locked up on unrelated charges and LE is still collecting evidence while he’s awaiting other charges.

The media coverage around this case has been very confusing. Leaving lots of details out and then revealing them months later when they were relevant the whole time. Very frustrating.
I was disheartened when Brian Entin went to Moab , and the area, nobody would speak to him. It seems like the citizens are scared to talk. Hopefully he will stay on this case.

The confusion about the location of the bodies is really not helped by all the different details reported by different agencies.

The fact that he had a lot of food sounds to me like he was on the run from something. It would seem , IMO if living in the vehicle was just a way of life there'd be no need to overstock on food as you'd just mosey into town and restock as needed. Having a lot makes it seem like you don't know when you might get anther chance to replenish. MOO

Didnt the mystery creeper return after already being there with

Yes both were found in the creek, kylen nearer to the camp and crystal further down, almost looked asif crystal was running away and in my opinion towards whispering oaks. It rained for a few nights after also if they got any DNA I'd be surprised but you never know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back