UT - Kylen Schulte, 24, & Crystal Beck, 38, newlywed couple found dead, Grand County, 18 Aug 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The fact that he had a lot of food sounds to me like he was on the run from something. It would seem , IMO if living in the vehicle was just a way of life there'd be no need to overstock on food as you'd just mosey into town and restock as needed. Having a lot makes it seem like you don't know when you might get anther chance to replenish. MOO

Didnt the mystery creeper return after already being there previously, and he returned with all that stuff with him?
I am confused about the crime scene. In the video linked above, the friend that found the first body, said she saw it 'in the water.'

I wonder if both were found in the water? Did the killer place them in water hoping to wash away any DNA from the assaults?

Yes both were found in the creek, kylen nearer to the camp and crystal further down, almost looked asif crystal was running away and in my opinion towards whispering oaks. It rained for a few nights after also if they got any DNA I'd be surprised but you never know.

<...>
Yes both were found in the creek, kylen nearer to the camp and crystal further down, almost looked asif crystal was running away and in my opinion towards whispering oaks. It rained for a few nights after also if they got any DNA I'd be surprised but you never know.

I thought that too, but I'm not as sure now:
Grand Junction, CO Weather History | Weather Underground (takes a few secs to load, change dates to see Aug 13-14).

Dry, but hotter than hades, which lends *some*credence to the theory they were bathing at the time. The stream is a trickle, but even trickles make big pools sometimes. Cindy Hunter said KS was "immersed" when she found her, a statement which hard to reconcile with Schulte's father stating that the creek was 2ft across.

What gets me is the violence of the attack. Both victims were shot multiple times in the torso, which means someone's a very good marksman or they are at very close range and firing a lot of bullets.

R.st.J

Cindy Hunter said KS was "immersed" when she found her, a statement which hard to reconcile with Schulte's father stating that the creek was 2ft across.
^^rsbm

When taken in the full context of CH's description to the YT host that from her viewing position, she did not know the girls were naked below the waist because she thought the body was contorted and the victim's lower body was underwater.

Snipped transcript from youtube above:

26:42
how did she lay what did what is she
26:45
her
26:46
she was submerged in water that's not
26:48
something i revealed that was something
26:50
that was later released in uh in the
26:53
warrant when they released the warrant
26:55
and told everybody that the girls were
26:58
naked from the waist down um
27:01
i didn't realize that she was naked from
27:03
the waist down because she was submerged
27:05
in water
27:08
and i don't know if she was face up or
27:10
face down because i never could see her
27:12
face
27:15
so we don't know
27:16
uh
27:19
we've been given
27:20
very little information

How deep would the water in the stream need to be conceal adult lower body nudity?

<modsnip>

Cindy S the lady who discovered kylen and Crystal's bodies revisits the place she found them.
A good look into the area and where they were found ect

Skip to 14.50 to see exact point.
13.20 shows how you can see all the whispering oak cabins pretty much in the distance ....

As it features Cindy s describing exactly what she discovered in the exact spot she discovered them both is why I thought it to be viable!!

The creek does look pretty deep in this shot of it ,deeper than I imagined before I viewed this clip.

Grand Junction, CO Weather History | Weather Underground (takes a few secs to load, change dates to see Aug 13-14).

Dry, but hotter than hades, which lends *some*credence to the theory they were bathing at the time. The stream is a trickle, but even trickles make big pools sometimes. Cindy Hunter said KS was "immersed" when she found her, a statement which hard to reconcile with Schulte's father stating that the creek was 2ft across.

What gets me is the violence of the attack. Both victims were shot multiple times in the torso, which means someone's a very good marksman or they are at very close range and firing a lot of bullets.

R.st.J

Re: the weather at the time… Keep in mind the campsite was at a MUCH higher elevation than that of Grand Junction or Moab, so it would have been somewhat cooler.

Those places are around 4000-4500 feet, if I remember correctly the campsite was at like 7800. I don’t know exactly what that means for the temperature, but when I camped up there in July 2020 at 9400 feet it was 25-30 degrees cooler during the day than in Moab.

(I don’t have an opinion on the bathing situation, I just mention it to generally keep the weather picture as accurate as possible).

How deep would the water in the stream need to be conceal adult lower body nudity?
It seems that both ladies were small, so maybe 2 or 3 feet of water would cover them quite well. I have no way of knowing how deep the creek was on August 14 , as it had rained quite a bit before they were found. I think they were put in water in an attempt to wash off DNA / body fluids, etc.

R.st.J

Watch ickedmel on youtube the second part interview with Kylens father.
Premiered on 1 Oct 2021
Time frame between : 2.17 to 2.40

Transcript goes as follows....

Ickedmel " do you know if there was any DNA, fingerprints or even tyre tracks at the scene like evidence?"

Kylens father " now tyre tracks I can tell you no... same as boot tracks, or footprints"

Ickedmel " you didnt see non of that ok you didnt see non of that"

Kylens father "you know why I can tell you no right now?"

Ickedmel " whys that's?"

Kylens father " coz they weren't found until 5 days of rain and hail"

Ickedmel "mm you did say that"

I'd post the video myself but I dont know how to gain permission for that it's easily found though.

It seems that both ladies were small, so maybe 2 or 3 feet of water would cover them quite well. I have no way of knowing how deep the creek was on August 14 , as it had rained quite a bit before they were found. I think they were put in water in an attempt to wash off DNA / body fluids, etc.

If there was internal DNA it probably didn't get washed away. But, if the perpetrator wore a condom, there would at least be something from the condom?

Darn. Scary to think a perpetrator that violent is still running around. Ted Bundy 2.0

If there was internal DNA it probably didn't get washed away. But, if the perpetrator wore a condom, there would at least be something from the condom?

Darn. Scary to think a perpetrator that violent is still running around. Ted Bundy 2.0

I'm not sure of this, but I believe I've heard that, even if no semen is recovered from a rape, there may still be other forensic evidence from the perpetrator, such as pubic hairs, skin cells, and maybe more? If there is no internal DNA, I hope they are able to recover other types of forensic clues.

The creek does look pretty deep in this shot of it ,deeper than I imagined before I viewed this clip.

It looks like an irrigation ditch, not very wide, but deep. I thought maybe KS had been at a pool or wide spot in the creek and been ambushed there, but it's very unlikely she fell into the water in such a way to be immersed. Someone put her there, either to hide the body (at least for enough time to be able to get away) or, as has been suggested, to wash off DNA evidence.

If CB were found in the same creek, then there's no doubt both were placed there. This certainly raises the possibility that they were not actually murdered at their camp, but at some other location and the bodies were placed in the creek to disguise that location.

But that's speculation, so far we haven't seen anything that hints at anyone other than a creeper rando, with the exception of the unnamed poi mentioned by KS's father very early on. Can't find the article yet. No idea who police considered a 'person of interest' at any time.

R.st.J

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back