Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #17 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AA's neighbors reported fires in his backyard that occurred on the 17th and 18th.

LE reported AA bought gas at on the 17th at 9:00 a.m. 6 hours after ML arrived at Hatch Park.

LE has reported finding ML's charred tissue, bone, and hair in the burn pits in his back yard. ML was already dead. IMO she wouldn't have been found alive.
True. We'll never know...so sad.

Law enforcement use a Court Order from a judge. It's required so the defense can't later accuse LE of a fishing expedition.

JMO

But if the carriers don't keep text messages, a court order from a judge won't do any good. Among other reasons is they don't want hackers to get everyone's text messages.

Carriers aren't responding to subpoenas by saying we want a court order, they are responding they don't keep them.

Here's something from T-mobile: "For privacy reasons, we don't store the content of text messages. However, your usage records do include the time stamps and phone numbers for incoming and outgoing messages - so while the content isn't there, you can access a log on the detailed view of any of your statements, which you can download from MyT-Mobile. "

But who knows whether he deleted the messages? Or whether he kept a backup on some other system (don't know if he had an iPhone but suspect she did).

Well, even bleeding in the brain is not necessarily immediately fatal. I take that phrase to mean that, left untreated (as it was), she would have succumbed to the injury if something else yet undiscovered did not kill her first. You know, like strangulation. Or a blow to some part of the body that isn't accounted for yet.

No, you should not assume her brain was inside her skull. Part of the skull was at his house, the rest was in Logan Canyon. In between her death and ending up in Logan Canyon, she was burned (apparently twice). Brains are pretty liquidy/delicate.

You could read it this way: someone dealt a death blow to Kenzie, by hitting her on the head. She could have been run over by a car after that and they don't know. But she would have died anyway.

What might be inside the skull are tell-tale signs of the degree of brain damage. This might require microscopic analysis that may or may not have been done at this point in time. What the coroner can confidently say is that she was dealt a death blow and obviously, did not receive medical treatment. She could have had multiple other soft tissue injuries that have now disappeared.

Agree, there are different ways she could have been killed and present the same. I hope the medical examiner has at least definitively eliminated being burned alive.

I could be wrong but I don't think so.

Here's a post from Verizon a couple of years ago:

That's an interesting question, Trinidy. We do not have access to details of text messages. Only the court can subpoena those records. You can however log onto your My Verizon account and view your bill details to get the numbers that were used to text to and from. Does this help answer your question?

Maybe he kept them on his phone since we know he wasn't the brightest bulb out there and they have them that way. But wouldn't they originally found him, they only had the number

The messages are kept on the carriers' servers for several days or longer. (Content of the messages.) Presently, for Verizon, the content is kept for 10 days/240 hours.

Correct Answer: How long does Veriozon keep call and text records? - Verizon Community

I'm quite confident that the DA has the content of the texts, given how quickly a missing person's report was filed and an arrest made.

This goes way back, but I can't find the info and I really don't know....where did LE get the info that ML went to the park by Lyft transport?

It seems that was reported early on..ty

I do not recall detail of what LE or MSM said about ^, but....

IMO, likely that, in reviewing airport surv. vid, LE 'followed' ML past the luggage carousel, outside to taxi/Uber/Lyft stand/area, and identified Lyft vehicle she got in.

Assuming LE got plate info, they could have contacted Lyft driver directly & immediately. Not saying this is how it happened, just a possibility

IOW, at that early point, no need for subpoenas for e-docs to Lyft corporate, to learn she was dropped at park. JMO.

(sorry, if already covered)

Is there a link to the charges/charging documents?
I want to add it to the Case Archive.

Mackenzie Lueck -UT- by amanda reckonwith
Kelli Pierce on Twitter
Charges announced against the suspect in the #MackenzieLueck murder: Criminal homicide, aggravated murder, aggravated kidnapping, desecration of a body, obstruction of justice.
D_IaUTkVUAA5A74.jpg
D_IaUTjUYAE3OGv.jpg

11:37 AM - 10 Jul 2019

But if the carriers don't keep text messages, a court order from a judge won't do any good. Among other reasons is they don't want hackers to get everyone's text messages.

Carriers aren't responding to subpoenas by saying we want a court order, they are responding they don't keep them.

Here's something from T-mobile: "For privacy reasons, we don't store the content of text messages. However, your usage records do include the time stamps and phone numbers for incoming and outgoing messages - so while the content isn't there, you can access a log on the detailed view of any of your statements, which you can download from MyT-Mobile. "

But who knows whether he deleted the messages? Or whether he kept a backup on some other system (don't know if he had an iPhone but suspect she did).

If he didn’t keep those texts (and I strongly suspect he didn’t), there’s a decent chance that they will still be recoverable.

The reason I think he deleted them, is it appears he gave law enforcement access to his phone (they talked about him having photos of Kenzie).

They are either keeping the content private, or they didn’t have them at the time of the arrest warrant.

The messages are kept on the carriers' servers for several days or longer. (Content of the messages.) Presently, for Verizon, the content is kept for 10 days/240 hours.

Correct Answer: How long does Veriozon keep call and text records? - Verizon Community

I'm quite confident that the DA has the content of the texts, given how quickly a missing person's report was filed and an arrest made.

The person you are quoting is just a poster like us. I quoted a Verizon rep.

The most logical conclusion I came up with and I've discussed this with people far more experenced than me in certain departments is he really had no intentions on committing murder that morning which is why he went brain dead in covering everything up.

Something went down after the fact.

I kinda feel the same way. I have not read everything.
Too many unknowns at the moment except that Kenzie suffered a horrific death at the hands of A. Things don't add up for me. No doubt A murdered Kenzie but why??
Anyway, hope A rots in prison and then he!!.

Additionally, there are numerous ways to recover data, potentially even from a burned phone. Data is not easily deleted or overwritten.

I kinda feel the same way. I have not read everything.
Too many unknowns at the moment except that Kenzie suffered a horrific death at the hands of A. Things don't add up for me. No doubt A murdered Kenzie but why??
Anyway, hope A rots in prison and then he!!.

I'd be tempted to agree, but who keeps zipties and rope within reach?

If he didn’t keep those texts (and I strongly suspect he didn’t), there’s a decent chance that they will still be recoverable.

The reason I think he deleted them, is it appears he gave law enforcement access to his phone (they talked about him having photos of Kenzie).

They are either keeping the content private, or they didn’t have them at the time of the arrest warrant.

I think the reason LE isn't releasing the texts is because they are so inflammatory it would unfairly taint the jury pool.

JMO

I think the reason LE isn't releasing the texts is because they are so inflammatory it would unfairly taint the jury pool.

JMO

I wouldn’t expect to see them regardless.

They only need to justify the charges, and releasing them is not something that is necessary to do so.

Those texts will answer a lot of questions though.

one thing that occurred to me was that maybe he had offered her a modeling job or some other type of business proposition which she believed would legitimately make her some $

Did Kenzie need money??? I think I read that she worked (more than likely part-time) but do we know her expenses?

She would have made a beautiful model.

I haven’t caught up on this thread, but want to chime in about the texts.

My son has an iPhone, iMac, and MacBook. When he lets our daughter borrow the MacBook or iMac, he always forgets to sign out. So then she will come running out of the room telling me everything he’s texting to his friends because the text messages also show up on all the other Apple devices he’s signed into.

Did she have an iPhone? (Sorry can’t remember which type phone or if it’s been said). Because if she did, she might have had a MacBook at home since she was in college... which could have recorded all the texts as well.

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member