Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a link to proof of his marriage? But it can't show his name since that's a TOS problem. I tried that and got deleted. So without a link we can't discuss marriage, and even if it shows his name and DOB it's not proof that it's him. Sigh.
I know at the end of the press conference today that the chief gave a reporter asked a question and it mentioned the ex wife. Pretty sure I watched on fox 13. Sorry no link now.
Well verification of employment calls are easy enough and common - any takers tomorrow ?
if there are good reporters in town they should be on top of this! I hope!

So this is going to seem disjointed, but that is because it was a while ago and I can’t remember a lot about it. I learned from someone younger than me that a lot of online communication goes on via gaming sites because it is not traceable. When I heard that, a friend of mine who was standing next to me piped up and said that was how her exhusband used to communicate with his lover.

This just brings back that conversation so I thought I would mention it.
Totally agree. I’ve heard that it was thought terror cells communicated that way.

Hmmm. I’ve had a fair bit of experience playing various games, and the groups usually chose an out-of-game communication app, because they gave a higher quality of communication than you could get, in-game.

So, it’s rather amusing that dedicated running-around-on-spouse types were going in-game to communicate, while dedicated gamers were heading for Kakao or Discord or whatever to communicate.

Wary,
What was popular before Kakao and Discord? We were talking about a specific app or software at the time and I can’t remember what it was. I am leaving part of the story out because I had hoped not to have to go there, but it had to do with a specific program or game or something.
I don’t recall the convo but could it have been Line? I’ve personally used that and discord.

Here is a thought as to why maybe they met at a park. He knew the area and was familiar with it. Maybe he did not want the Lyft Driver to be able to describe where he lived. This POI could have pre-meditated everything for all we know.

I think there is was some reason they were at the park. And potentially because there was some premeditation. There was some reason they didn’t meet somewhere else: her place, the person’s place, a $30/night AirBNB, or even Denny’s.

The person who lured her there made some effort to gain her trust over some period of time.

What about geographic location for body? Any thoughts?

Sbm

I posted about this earlier but it got lost in the book talk.

I hope they are searching the gravel pit and hills in that area. About 10 minutes from the house and to the east in between the park and the house, you can get into some remote areas.

To those of you that are trying to give this guy the benefit of the doubt I'm not sure if you know this but LE is 100% certain that it was the POI who picked Kenzie up at the park. I believe they may have found something in either he text messages or the online dating apps/websites that proves she met up with him. They would have had to in order to execute a search warrant like they did.

Brown said this case is a digital and forensic investigation. Authorities will continue to follow the digital footprint that's laid out in texting apps and other sources.

Police: Homeowner is person of interest in MacKenzie Lueck's disappearance

I’m late again, so someone has already said this but:

Nobody is giving him the benefit of the doubt. We just can’t allow things to be said that LE hasn’t specifically stated so that is why people correct statements or ask for a link. Nothing in what you posted indicates that the cops are certain the homeowner was the one who picked her up. Nor are we sure that he was the one she was texting. She could have been texting someone who arranged this meet up and the homeowner is a complete stranger to her. We just don’t know.

At this point, I am convinced of the following:

- KL met a tragic fate (sickens me to type that) :(
- POI picked her up at Hatch had at a minimum something to do with it and at a maximum everything
- Whatever ultimately happened to KL occurred at that house
- LE is supremely confident of this but are covering their bases to ensure a strong legal case and ultimately find her
- Whatever happened to KL was the result of one of two things:

1) - He and KL were going to hang out, meet up, possibly even hook up for a while then she was going to head home to her car, homework, etc. and in the course of that meetup things got out of hand such as he wanted to take it somewhere she didn’t and things went tragically wrong and he acted out of anger, fear, rejection or some combination of those

2) - He calculated and planned this as part of a bizarre fetish or urge and laid a trap that KL had no chance with

I would be floored at this point if it was proven he had nothing at all to do with KL’s disappearance. Virtually no other scenarios make logical sense. Such a sad and tragic situation.

What drug dealer picks you up, and drops you off though?

Plus, who gets in a car with their drug dealer?

And why didn’t she just make the transaction and leave in the Lyft?

That’s not holding water for me.
MOO, but the only way I see drugs *maybe* coming into play here is casually, not in a dealer/junkie type of relationship.

This is just speculation and conjecture but, iirc, we know that LE said the person ML texted from the airport was cooperating. (And we've never heard any more about that AFAIK.)

Given she was coming off a really tough weekend and headed into exams, I think she may have texted a friend looking for some “study aids” for the cramming session she knew was in her future. It’s not uncommon these days.

That person may have said, I know this guy AA. (pidgeon?) Hit him up on kik (or something). He can probably help you. She did and they agreed to meet at the park, after which he would give her a ride home.

But we know it didn’t go the way she expected.

What might have normally set off her hinky-alarm didn’t this time — either because they shared a mutual friend, she was already acquainted with AA, or both.

LE gets the low-down from the person they identified texting but s/he doesn’t know AA’s address. But that’s ok because between the texter and ML’s phone data, LE now has enough info to locate his device and, therefore, him.

Or something like that. I think a scenario similar to this one could explain a lot.

No matter how she met or knew the person she met in the park, she knew them well-enough to meet them there at 3am. From all accounts, she wasn’t some junkie in dire need of a fix and she wasn’t homeless with no place to go.

She must have trusted that person in some capacity. I wish we could go back in time, know her mental state and find some way to keep her from going there. I suspect there will be some link between the two of them. I just hope LE can find it quickly and get that person off the streets.

Yes. And perhaps the homeowner was only a connection to her final destination. Somewhere where she was required to turn her phone off.

I was travelling most of the day...but, I did watch the morning presser. Was there a second presser today? Trying to get caught up as fast as possible.

Apologies if I'm repeating old info but I've followed all the threads so far and haven't read this. It says that it was the follow to the fatherless account on Mackenzie's instagram was the thing that led LE to his house.

Instagram follow leads police to home of person of interest
I thought that was said at the press release this morning. i didn't go looking because i didn't want to end up in the never ending circle of knowing and not being able to find.

I just realized (I'm 90% sure) I have seen the POI (or someone claiming to be him) on tinder. It was the same photo on the meetup.com profile. I don't remember if we matched or conversed at all as it was many months ago... but I'm sure as hell going to check. Things worth reacttivating tinder for....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321