GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight (Sunday) Ben Winslow from Fox 13 and the incredible woman behind Court Chatter.com will join me on Tricia's True Crime Radio.

Our topic will be the very strange and twisted case of The State of Utah vs Martin MacNeill in the death of his wife Michelle.

If you have followed Ben you know he knows this case inside and out. He is our go to guy for information.

And lots more of course so please join us tonight 8 PM Eastern. You can listen live by clicking RIGHT HERE

Martin Joseph MacNeill, mugshot, booking date 01.15.2009.

Chubby and grinning.

Now he's so skinny. I think he has lost weight on purpose for this trial, to gain sympathy. There's no way a huge ego like this would let himself go if there wasn't anything to gain from it.

Attachments

• Martin-Joseph-Macneill_mugshot.400x800.jpg
    Martin-Joseph-Macneill_mugshot.400x800.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 48
Regarding what took place after the jury was dismissed Friday.... As a reminder, the last part of this discussion involved the state claiming the defense opened the door to two things:
  1. Gustin eliciting the "families together forever" comment from Sabrina opened the door to the state introducing that he kicked the older girls out of the house within two months of the death and wanted to send the rest to CA shortly thereafter.
  2. Spencer raising the forged letter from MM to impeach Alexis opened the door to his other forgeries.
The back and forth about it starts at 2:15:24 here and takes the remaining 20 minutes, ending with the judge nixing both requests.

Martin MacNeill Trial. Day 10. Part 3. After Court Rulings - YouTube

On #1 Spencer and Gustin were clearly lying their butts off to the judge about what happened. Here is the original testimony. Grunander asks Sabrina briefly ~36:00 about what MM said when he came in her room. Gustin starts off her cross ~41:00 asking about MM in her room, and ~43:00 it is Gustin who brings up the remark by MM. She was trying to impeach Sabrina, but by doing so it clearly gives the impression to the jury that MM loved his family. The state followed up briefly ~51:00 on redirect.

[video=youtube;O467AXiC-4I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O467AXiC-4I[/video]

On #2 I'll let someone else dig into the details, but Spencer claiming that they had no way to anticipate Alexis would say she never saw the forged MM letter was obviously a lie. As the state pointed out, the defense would know that recommendation letters for medical school (like for law school) would be submitted separately or sealed in such a way to make it clear the applicant had not tampered with them.

I'm very late in following this case and I'm sorry if this has been discussed, but...

I'm looking for factual info re: Martin MacNeill's upbringing (parents, siblings, childhood, etc). I've read various BS statements he has made wrt possibly adding meds to his mothers' drink/s and possibly his involvement in his brother's death... but I'm hoping someone might share links to news reports (or any other form of true info) about his family prior to his marriage to Michele. TIA!

** Uhhh, now that I've typed this post I'm wondering if discussing background info violates WS TOS??! If so, please ignore (mod delete) and carry on.

I'm very late in following this case and I'm sorry if this has been discussed, but...

I'm looking for factual info re: Martin MacNeill's upbringing (parents, siblings, childhood, etc). I've read various BS statements he has made wrt possibly adding meds to his mothers' drink/s and possibly his involvement in his brother's death... but I'm hoping someone might share links to news reports (or any other form of true info) about his family prior to his marriage Michele. TIA!

** Uhhh, now that I've typed this post I'm wondering if discussing background info violates WS TOS??! If so, please ignore (mod delete) and carry on.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...death-accidental-or-was-it-murder.html?pg=all

The very lengthy article above gives some information about his family:

She claimed Martin confessed he'd killed people before and even tried to kill his mother when he was young, "but his sister had called 911 and the medical personnel were able to revive her," an affidavit states.

The woman claimed he also told her he'd killed his brother, Roy MacNeill, who "had repeatedly attempted suicide for attention, and had become an 'embarrassment.' He claimed he found his brother in the tub and that both of his wrists were bleeding in an apparent suicide attempt. Martin told (the woman) that he pushed the head of his brother under the water and drowned him," the affidavit states.

The Utah County Attorney's Office confirmed Roy MacNeill was found dead in the family home when the family lived in New Jersey.

However, at his wife's funeral, Martin said his mother found Roy deceased with a needle still in his arm. "Ten nickel bags were his ticket out," Martin said during the funeral.

He also told those at the church service that his oldest brother "drank himself senseless," had a stroke at age 50 and died 20 years later in a nursing home. Another brother died in 2006, but his body was ravaged from years of booze and heroin, he said. Another brother took his own life just two months before Michele died. A sister died in her early 20s after strangling herself.

His only living sibling, a sister, declined requests to be interviewed.

One mother who according to statements survived an attack by MM.
One brother died in the tub.
One brother drank himself senseless and is now dead.
One brother committed suicide two months before Michele died.
One sister committed suicide in her early 20s.

One living sister.

Then there's this transcript from Nancy Grace:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1310/24/ng.01.html

And that`s when he told me the story, which I think very much convinced Michele, kind of played into her heart -- she had a big heart about, you know, marrying him -- and that was, he told me that he had a childhood where he had been raised by a mother who was a prostitute. And they had all lived in one room, and the only thing that divided he and his siblings from his mother was just a sheet as she prostituted.

But I'm curious, too.

Especially about the mormon part! So if anyone knows anything, please tell!

anyone else notice the major difference in this trial versus Arias in the judge and their style or lack thereof. In Arias any conversations were either extensive sidebars with every lawyer or often in chambers with no comment on record upon return and I don't recall Judge Stephens ever speaking much in the courtroom to anyone...on the other hand this judge in MacNeill..Putten I believe is his name...many times does not entertain a sidebar...clears up issues by speaking directly on the record to either lawyers or witness or even asks a few questions and most importantly if he does go to chambers gives a complete summary of his ruling or thoughts on the record. I far prefer this approach as it leaves much less to speculation as was so often the case in the Arias trial. Just some observations...not having watched too many trials don't know which style is more common?

anyone else notice the major difference in this trial versus Arias in the judge and their style or lack thereof. In Arias any conversations were either extensive sidebars with every lawyer or often in chambers with no comment on record upon return and I don't recall Judge Stephens ever speaking much in the courtroom to anyone...on the other hand this judge in MacNeill..Putten I believe is his name...many times does not entertain a sidebar...clears up issues by speaking directly on the record to either lawyers or witness or even asks a few questions and most importantly if he does go to chambers gives a complete summary of his ruling or thoughts on the record. I far prefer this approach as it leaves much less to speculation as was so often the case in the Arias trial. Just some observations...not having watched too many trials don't know which style is more common?

Yes does appear to be differences. I can only speak to my limited knowledge. I think all Lawyers and Judges have their own style. In the Arias Trial is was a Death Penalty case. IIRC it was Judge Stephens first. Likely trying to avoid appellate issues. I do like Pullens style too.

I am looking forward to Tricia's Radio Show tonight. I think it will be very interesting.

Is there still "live" chat during the show? I got a new computer in Feb. of this year and have not been able to "chat" during the show. No chat box.

I am a member of Blog Talk Radio and there is no problem there.

I miss the chat during the show. Oh well, I guess I will put on my wireless headphones and listen . . . do some chores! :banghead:

I am looking forward to Tricia's Radio Show tonight. I think it will be very interesting.

Is there still "live" chat during the show? I got a new computer in Feb. of this year and have not been able to "chat" during the show. No chat box.

I am a member of Blog Talk Radio and there is no problem there.

I miss the chat during the show. Oh well, I guess I will put on my wireless headphones and listen . . . do some chores! :banghead:

There is still live chat. Make sure Flash is installed and enabled on your computer.

Has Giselle ever returned from the Ukraine? Thanks.

From what I've gathered from reading all the posts and checking Facebooks of the sisters, Giselle is now Noelle. Changed her name. I would think it had something to do with her identity being stolen.

From what I've gathered from reading all the posts and checking Facebooks of the sisters, Giselle is now Noelle. Changed her name. I would think it had something to do with her identity being stolen.

I thought the same, however Sabrina testified she never met Noelle and had not seen Giselle in a long time and had no idea what she is doing now.

I cant help but wonder as to what Gypsy is doing these days. Poor man that is gullible enough to fall for her "charms". It is a interesting dynamic. Seems Martin was in "control" during his marriage. Seems Gypsy didn't want Children. Evident by giving up her Daughter to her Parents. Martin it appears was willing to give up the Children for Gypsy. Just interesting. Seems they were the Perfect Storm.

----------
Hi Bravo, from the start I have thought he didnt want the children either. I feel he just went along with Michele. No loving father would treat his children as he does. He only loves himself and his priorities..Gypsy tried to get her daughter back but didnt. I think she is now happy the way she is. IMO.

I thought the same, however Sabrina testified she never met Noelle and had not seen Giselle in a long time and had no idea what she is doing now.

Odd. Noelle is Sabrina's friend on Facebook. It's possible Sabrina hasn't seen her in a long time. Also possible she never formally met her as "Noelle." HLN didn't have the full coverage of Sabrina's testimony, so it either wasn't televised or I missed that. I also thought I read Giselle changed her name on Linda Klutt's (sp?) blog.

Odd. Noelle is Sabrina's friend on Facebook. It's possible Sabrina hasn't seen her in a long time. Also possible she never formally met her as "Noelle." HLN didn't have the full coverage of Sabrina's testimony, so it either wasn't televised or I missed that. I also thought I read Giselle changed her name on Linda Klutt's (sp?) blog.
Sabrina's testimony is available on youtube. It still leaves many questions but clarifies that Noelle and Giselle are not the same person.

After a lot of time searching different sites, I'm convinced Noelle and Giselle are not the same person. They have both stayed with the MacNeill family, but I think only Giselle was officially adopted.

Noelle uses the name MacNeill.

I've found one account belonging to Giselle in the Ukrainian equivalent of FB. There is a lot of pictures of her there, also some family pictures of her and her sisters, and MM and Michele.

Noelle and Giselle doesn't look like each other at all. I don't believe Giselle has a Facebook, believe me, I've searched. I've also tried searching using her biological sisters name etc.

I have read that Michele's sister applied to be her guardian which is how they discovered MM and Gypsy used her identity. However, I also read that she was placed in a structured foster care to help her with all she has been through.

I did read on an adoption reform site that the latter was the case. But I can not find that site again to post the link. Sorry.

After a lot of time searching different sites, I'm convinced Noelle and Giselle are not the same person. They have both stayed with the MacNeill family, but I think only Giselle was officially adopted.

I've found one account belonging to Giselle in the Ukrainian equivalent of FB. There is a lot of pictures of her there, also some family pictures of her and her sisters, and MM and Michele.

Noelle and Giselle doesn't look like each other at all. I don't believe Giselle has a Facebook, believe me, I've searched. I've also tried searching using her biological sisters name etc.

Are you thinking Giselle is still in the Urkraine and not with Michelle's sister?

:goodpost: best of the day! I bow down to you Norwegian :bowdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member