GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
????? what was said?

the way he was reading what inmate number 1 and his mother said is extremely insulting and I'm not sure how it is playing with the jury but it is not going well for me.

Spencer was numbingly boring.

He is managing to hammer home that Inmate #1 was hoping to get consideration for his testimony -- something Inmate #1 already stated during direct testimony.

I'm certain it will be a thrill a minute for the jury to have to arrive & continue listening to this cross for 30 minutes more. Hats off to them for not collectively jumping up and tackling Spencer in order to get him to stop this torture.

The defense is going to tear Poirer a brand new one. If not two new ones.

I didn't see that happening at all today.

Mr. Poirier did an excellent job testifying and no lying....no matter how much the defense tried to trip him up.

And I didn't want to say that or write that but that's what I saw that's what I heard and I think that this case has gone off the rails so many times in so many ways....

And now State says the "likelihood of doing closing arguements tomorrow isn't good".....
etc..Gypsy's testimony will be about an hour, and Def say case will be very quick an economics something or other will be called *omg* ....Judge is asking when will this be wrapped up; tomorrow without closings or jury instructions...states case tom then the def case then ready to intruct on friday morning case will go to the jury at noon friday...

How controlling and wrong. I'm sorry but this is just wrong. State asking to deliberate on Saturday. Judge says make arrangements and they can. Recess.

i can't believe the judge...he has the case close out and the prosecution has not even finished. he has already decided the jury will probably come back Friday but if not they can deliberate Sat. Oh Judge Pullen what if they need more time? I think he will explode!!! And I did not hear any time for closings.

the way he was reading what inmate number 1 and his mother said is extremely insulting and I'm not sure how it is playing with the jury but it is not going well for me.

Thanks. Will listen to day's testimony on WAT later. Would think that it would be incredibly stupid for the defense to risk alienating jurors by being overtly racist, but ya never know.

From the 4 inmates' testimony, the only material thing I noticed that was varying was that Inmate #1 said that MM walked slowly around the track and another inmate stated that he jogged/ran. Other than that, the testimony was pretty consistent.

Anyone else?

Did not happen IMO.

I agree. I was very critical of the inmates' testimony yesterday. Didn' t think it meant much and didn't find them very credible.

Today, the reverse. Poitier was a great witness for the state, imo, and the cumulative narrative of all the inmates is a single, unconflicting simple story line that is believable about MacNeill.

Maybe I am paranoid, but walking around with a baggie full of pills, even in the time it takes to go to the police station, does not seem advisable, lol.

I would take them IN THE BOTTLE and remove the label right there in front of them.

Again....maybe I am paranoid :facepalm:

Nope not paranoid. People get pulled over all the time, for silly things, say a light is out, or what I found when I got off work a few minutes ago, rear view mirror fell off! Then they get charged with illegal possession, thrown in jail until lab comes back and yet another Court date is set. For having their prescriptions in baggies, or even pill containers.

Take the bottles there, rip the labels off there, or take them to the pharmacy and do the same.

Okay, back to getting caught up. Looks like I missed Inmate 1 darn!

From the 4 inmates' testimony, the only material thing I noticed that was varying was that Inmate #1 said that MM walked slowly around the track and another inmate stated that he jogged/ran. Other than that, the testimony was pretty consistent.

Anyone else?

i think the reason they put him up last because he was the only one that Aactually described that Martin told him how he did it. As for the walking slow he said everyone walks slow there...I mean why would they hurry?

My husband is a utah prosecutor, and said that this defense team has a very poor reputation among fellow lawyers here. He said he doesn't know why anyone hires them because they are generally known as being pretty bad. His opinion is that a few years back they were hired on a case that became pretty big locally and so the general public has the impression that they must be pretty good to be on that case in the news, and so they keep getting hired. I thought his opinion was pretty harsh until I started watching this trial. BTW, my husband is in no way associated with this case and does not practice in Utah County.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. Tell him we know, it is obvious. Lol.

Separated at birth?

1496r2g_th.jpg

9qb9ll_th.jpg
<---->
b3o9pl_th.jpg

anyone else notice the total lack of personality or passion on the part of any of the players in this case starting with the judge. Everyone talks monotone and just seem to be going through the motions. for a case with such drama in terms of the crime and background (sure to be a made for tv movie) it just leaves me cold every day. I know everyone cannot be a Juan Martinez but absolutely no passion at all.

Ok, pop, that has to be one of the funniest things I have ever read!!!
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

------------
He looks like ( as mom used to say) he's dead and too lazy to lay down.:ghost::laughcry:

Nope not paranoid. People get pulled over all the time, for silly things, say a light is out, or what I found when I got off work a few minutes ago, rear view mirror fell off! Then they get charged with illegal possession, thrown in jail until lab comes back and yet another Court date is set. For having their prescriptions in baggies, or even pill containers.

Take the bottles there, rip the labels off there, or take them to the pharmacy and do the same.

Okay, back to getting caught up. Looks like I missed Inmate 1 darn!

OK I will take the pills and the script containers to the PD and then transfer them to be disposed of. TY

anyone else notice the total lack of personality or passion on the part of any of the players in this case starting with the judge. Everyone talks monotone and just seem to be going through the motions. for a case with such drama in terms of the crime and background (sure to be a made for tv movie) it just leaves me cold every day. I know everyone cannot be a Juan Martinez but absolutely no passion at all.

----------
They look like "ho hum its something we must do"..:drumroll:

Oh my, the cartoons are too funny!

Yep, everyone in Court is just another day at the job here. But really, not much testimony to get excited about. Unless, of course, the Judge is flipping out b/c someone left a speaker open! :D

Nore; I have never heard the phrase before, I love it! :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member