Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #11 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only think of 4 reasons he would have killed her

1. She had no interest in having sex with him
2. Jealousy of another guy/guys
3. Refused BDSM with him.
4. A sexual fantasy of murdering a woman

If they knew each other prior to this I think her being out of town triggered the timing. I also think that if he talked to one contractor about the room he probably talked to others. He may have found one that agreed.

Hi Sleuthers, hope everyone is having (or had) a nice Saturday.

I saw some discussion a few pages back about the body/physical evidence, and i immediately remembered that last year i read a book by a forensic pathologist that had a few paragraphs discussing the science of burning a body.

I went back to my kindle and i'll be reposting the passages here, however I do want to first say 1) this may, very understandably, not be something ML's friends and family are interested in hearing about right now, so just a heads up and 2) i'm purposely leaving out a few things that i see as...hm...almost tips, for lack of a better term. I know the author did not intend for this as he is just stating facts, and the book is published and free for anyone to read, but I still personally do not feel comfortable putting out information on what works more efficiently to destroy a body through fire. Obviously none of us here are interested in aiding a criminal in concealing/destroying evidence and it would never be my intention to do so.

That being said, I think you may find these passages interesting. The book is called "Dissecting Death: Secrets of a Medical Examiner" by Frederick Zugibe.

"Nonforensic pathologists credit fire with a great deal more destructive power than it actually has, at least at the relatively low temperatures generated by a bonfire"

"..the body does not burn as easily as most people believe. Instead, the body resits the destructive forces of the fire with amazing durability, allowing the pathologist to make determinations from the remains."

These are the most important, IMO:

"It is only at the superhigh temperatures produced inside a crematorium, say, or at a steel smelting plant that fleshy matter is completely reduced to dust"

"what actually happens at such relatively low temperatures--around 1200 degrees F--is that instead of disintegrating, the corpses's flesh roasts much in the manner of, if you will forgive the gruesome analogy, meat on a backyard barbecue...burning flesh...does not destroy it. It cooks it, protects it, and most of all preserves it."

So, this makes me feel a lot better. Some stuff is destroyed of course, but if they had enough to determine the DNA was female, I'm confident they have more evidence than we may think. He got got.

Gruesome. I'm wondering if he used cleaning products and it accelerated the fire?

Just because her one comment says aim for over 35, doesn’t mean she didn’t date below that age. People act like what someone says on the internet is the firm line of proof that’s how someone lives their life. It’s the internet, people say a lot of things. Also, AA clearly being a pathological liar could have lied about his age and many other factors.

If anyone could fool her, this guy could.

His roommates talk about how obsessed he was with his image, and based on what we do know about him, he could apparently be who he wanted to be.

Or atleast, deceive you about who he really was.

He has been practicing fooling women for a long time I suspect, getting better and better. If all of their interactions were online and I'm not sure if that is the case, it would be even easier. If you look at his "normal" SM accounts FB etc. they all show a guy that looks harmless and the FB comments, in particular, back up the persona of a normal nice guy.

What I found so striking about his appearance and persona in the arrest videos and images was that he was just flat and empty as if the gig was up and he didn't need to pretend anymore. I genuinely wonder what persona he will decide to take during court appearances, but I bet he will play the humble, quiet, shy, innocent persona. In contrast to someone like Ted Bundy who kept up his extroverted narcissist persona right until the end, AA will play the vulnerable narcissist role

It might not be that easy. This guy doesn't seem too bright, but apparently he knows a little about CT and if he's good at being deceitful I'm sure there are ways to be undetectable.
We don't even know if she knew his real name. Imo

Yesterday, there was a discussion on WS about a quite successful man with the same name. There was some speculation that he might have ‘stolen’ that man’s identity when interacting with people online.

Yesterday, there was a discussion on WS about a quite successful man with the same name. There was some speculation that he might have ‘stolen’ that man’s identity when interacting with people online.

yes maybe the gig was up as soon as she saw him and he was prepared to act fast to subdue her

What about bone? The neighbors said he used gasoline as well. Wouldn’t it explode?
It is very likely that all of her bones were recovered.

As for the gasoline, unless under pressure in a contained space, it doesn't explode. The liquid gasoline doesn't burn at normal atmospheric pressure. The fumes, or its evaporated, gaseous form, burn.

It would not be far fetched to think that their “arrangement” was what many people have. A friend with benefits, perhaps. Maybe he wanted to be more.Whatever Kenzie’s lifestyle choices were, the reason she is not here is because she met up with a monster.

...I don't think what the reporter said was collaborated with the police...anonymous friend and vague
No, it wasn't, but apparently the friend said he has been talking to LE from the beginning. I'm sure they have been interviewing everyone she came into contact with on line, especially from the dating sites. Imo

and you can continue to believe she got into a complete stranger's car at 3a, without going home first. :)
I agree; I don't believe that either.
  • Why go across town from airport to a (job? Date?) with a large heavy suitcase, plus backpack and purse?
  • Where's the CCTV that shows her entering the Lyft? All major airports have these cameras at the loading/unloading areas.

shocking that they made an arrest? or that Kenzie was found/deceased?

it wasn't shocking to me - made me sad and disturbed but not shocked - I expected the outcome to be exactly what it ended up being

I think a lot of people expected it, esp. on WS
He said he was her friend. I'm assuming it was shocking to him to hear what happened.

But sure, perhaps he expected the news and he was visibly shaken for completely other reasons.

jmo

"Arrangement" could mean anything. And these people are masters of making their victims feel important, so he could have been stringing her along in all kinds of ways and it was all about luring, not having some ongoing thing where they were spending a lot, if any, time together. He's a predator. We don't know how long he played the prey game, where she thought one thing was happening, and he had an entirely different long term goal.

Last edited:
He said he was her friend. I'm assuming it was shocking to him to hear what happened.

But sure, perhaps he expected the news and he was visibly shaken for completely other reasons.

jmo

I didn't realize you were referring to her friend

Creep factor alert: a contractor was contacted by AA to build a "sound proof room, with concrete walls with hooks embedded in the concrete.".

The contractor declined the request.

Suspect in Utah student murder sought secret, soundproof room in home: Contractor

I am so horrified by this killer, I wonder if he is a serial killer, and has killed other women.
I am sure LE is going to be doing a very long investigation into him. Perhaps this was his first murder, but it sounds like he has a past to which involves harming other women- I know rape charges were filed and dropped- you can bet that there may be more to come forward from his past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee