Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is that the presence of working cameras acts as a deterrent. But you are right. To catch a criminal in the act, the cameras would need to be monitored. Security patrols and neighborhood watches are other ways to keep out the criminals.
I’ve got cameras everywhere -signs too and all recording - does not stop some from getting on your property but what it does do is record them and with the cameras set up in and out of the neighborhood - they can be caught - if the park had cameras the meet up might have been caught on camera and the wait for a warrant would have been extra - they might have known his car within a few days but as it worked out poor KL was already deceased but perhaps the next one ? I see a dedication of working cameras at that park in the future at least I hope so

My point is that the presence of working cameras acts as a deterrent. But you are right. To catch a criminal in the act, the cameras would need to be monitored. Security patrols and neighborhood watches are other ways to keep out the criminals.

moo. I like security cameras, I like being able to see what happened and not be wondering. my comments above is a lot of me thinking out loud.

Park still throws me off. You still had to communicate with her to meet at that destination. You're still going to be tabbed as the last one communicating with her. It just makes no sense.
My take is AA isn’t the brightest bulb, despite his efforts to create the facade that he was intelligent and accomplished...

oceanblueeyes..I agree with a lot of your thoughts in your post except for the comment that the murder was an organized murder...what makes this a disorganized murder, in my opinion, is there was evidence found at the scene, and there was not three separate crime scenes...this quote is from a Psychology Today article on Organized vs. Disorganized Serial Predators: published last year June 17th. "With organized offenders, there are typically three separate crime scenes: where the victim was approached by the killer, where the victim was killed, and where the victim’s body was disposed of."

Having three separate crimes scenes is typical, but not necessary for someone to be an organized killer.

I’d say this one is a mix, but leans towards organized.

Being organized doesn’t mean you commit a perfect crime, but it does mean that you take measures to conceal your identity.

We know he did that, he just did it poorly.

The link here is associated with AA's residence address: Entity Details: GEEKS ONLINE LLC - Utah Business Search - Utah.gov

Yes. That's the one from the Utah website. I was looking at the Better Business Bureau one to see if they listed any other locations for GeeksOnline. They listed one other in Texas but nothing for Utah when I searched that state. So we aren't sure it's the same company. Although who really knows? With those support scam websites its hard to pin down who is behind it.

I don't think he had any IT skills. If he did, he would have known to wipe the phones first with a magnet instead of burning them. He also would have known to transfer everything to a micro SD card and then snap it in half and throw it away. There are so many steps with IT that he totally missed. Like turning off the GPS on your phone. Or turning off data and crap. Also he would not have opened her social media accounts or shown any activity. While I will admit seeing activity on her phone gave me hope, in the end it helped police confirm his location. Also why did he burn her stuff in the same place he burned her tissue? There are plenty of areas in the desert he could have burned her stuff without being found. He could have also tossed her phone in one of those recycling things and kept it off. It would have taken months if not years to find her phone then.

oceanblueeyes..I agree with a lot of your thoughts in your post except for the comment that the murder was an organized murder...what makes this a disorganized murder, in my opinion, is there was evidence found at the scene, and there was not three separate crime scenes...this quote is from a Psychology Today article on Organized vs. Disorganized Serial Predators: published last year June 17th. "With organized offenders, there are typically three separate crime scenes: where the victim was approached by the killer, where the victim was killed, and where the victim’s body was disposed of."
I think AA attempted to be organized but was sloppy AF.

Were there not three Crime scenes? 1. the point victim was approached (the park) 2. Where the victim was killed (inside house, speculating) and 3. Victims body disposed of (the backyard).

That being said, imo he was disorganized

I don't think he had any IT skills. If he did, he would have known to wipe the phones first with a magnet instead of burning them. He also would have known to transfer everything to a micro SD card and then snap it in half and throw it away. There are so many steps with IT that he totally missed. Like turning off the GPS on your phone. Or turning off data and crap. Also he would not have opened her social media accounts or shown any activity. While I will admit seeing activity on her phone gave me hope, in the end it helped police confirm his location. Also why did he burn her stuff in the same place he burned her tissue? There are plenty of areas in the desert he could have burned her stuff without being found. He could have also tossed her phone in one of those recycling things and kept it off. It would have taken months if not years to find her phone then.
Wow - and this is what I thought but your analysis is on a much higher more detailed level thanks for posting

Exactly! Cameras only do so much unfortunately. My climate controlled, indoor heavy security storage facility was infiltrated last December and then again in January, it was all caught on multiple cameras. They wore no masks, hoodies etc, second break in one left blood from cut sustained, DNA collected- still no arrests or suspects- meanwhile I though all good this place is fine with all the cameras....the police that were on scene cleared that right up for me- safety is an illusion- the group of thieves were casually walking around the facility eating snacks while collecting valuables from one unit to another after hours- on video- they probably continue to...

Am I too jaded for WS...? AA has only regard for AA- narcopath- he simply doesn’t care- he wasn’t thinking, he was acting for his own benefit as he always has- he sees absolutely no problem with this behavior- there within lies the problem- he was just doing what he wanted- as he’s always been permitted to do...

Yeah, there is so much that doesn't make sense. Maybe he was over confident, ran out of time, or was just plain lazy.

Exactly! Cameras only do so much unfortunately. My climate controlled, indoor heavy security storage facility was infiltrated last December and then again in January, it was all caught on multiple cameras. They wore no masks, hoodies etc, second break in one left blood from cut sustained, DNA collected- still no arrests or suspects- meanwhile I though all good this place is fine with all the cameras....the police that were on scene cleared that right up for me- safety is an illusion- the group of thieves were casually walking around the facility eating snacks while collecting valuables from one unit to another after hours- on video- they probably continue to...

*snip* BBM

Safety is an illusion... this is probably the 6th time I've heard that phrase this week and every time it has sent chills up my spine. We cannot live in fear but by G-d the majority of us need to come to grips with the fact that this world, today, is not as kind as we seem to rely on it to be.

ETA: MOO

Last edited:
Since I keep seeing this stated as fact over and over again, was it actually ever proven that he accessed her Instagram? At the press conference the police chief said “yes” around the time a question about it was asked, but he went on to say that they were doing a thorough investigation into all technology etc. To me, he was not saying AA accessed her Instagram but was instead answering someone we didn’t hear ask if they were investigating all of her social media accounts.

The prep leads a team of IT support professionals.
So it is safe to assume he atleast knows how to deep clean a harddrive, set up network connections, etc.

IMO a 5 year old now can learn it in no time. It is because the technology/software is simple that with just few clicks you can do it by learning from youtube.

There are so many hidden cameras like in phone-chargers, smoke alarms, etc., you don't even need a visually appealing one to let others know you are being watched. If he had lots of cameras, you have to wonder how many works/dummy-cam. He can also turn on record only when he wants it to. May be he is a sub cam-model or just records with consenting partners or whatever.

All I can say imo is since he was able to research different dating apps he must tech-savvy to understand everything in the world of it-support.

I guess any company you join you get refreshed on what they do and how it is done. You don't even need deep knowledge to understand the simple things if you are little bit tech-savvy.

Were there not three Crime scenes? 1. the point victim was approached (the park) 2. Where the victim was killed (inside house, speculating) and 3. Victims body disposed of (the backyard).

Well, three separate crime scenes might point to an organized offender but on the other hand, all three locations were very close together.
He did not go far to dispose of the body. It was right in his own back yard. Although I think it's possible there may be some remains he got rid of elsewhere.
This may be one of those killers who is a little of both. Imo

MOO selling drugs seems most likely.[/QUOTE
yes, and h
Park still throws me off. You still had to communicate with her to meet at that destination. You're still going to be tabbed as the last one communicating with her. It just makes no sense.
The park, and that her phone was tuned off immediately

Maybe... he initially had his phone off, but when ML’ flight was late and she hadn’t arrived at the park, he had to turn it on and see what’s up?

Since I keep seeing this stated as fact over and over again, was it actually ever proven that he accessed her Instagram? At the press conference the police chief said “yes” around the time a question about it was asked, but he went on to say that they were doing a thorough investigation into all technology etc. To me, he was not saying AA accessed her Instagram but was instead answering someone we didn’t hear ask if they were investigating all of her social media accounts.

I dont think he accessed her instagram. I think the fatherless thing was a fluke that people have run with and stated as fact. The police already had his number from her phone records. The fatherless thing happened Wed afternoon and he had already consulted a lawyer on Tues. Not to mention, he had probably already burned all of her stuff by Wed. And, since when does instagram show you the location that a follow request was initiated from anyway??

I agree 100%! And who could, in all reality, have a "unlimited budget" for any project? That just doesn't happen to 99.9% of people... From being evicted due to not paying rent to "unlimited budget" for a hidden room? It just doesn't add up without an alternate and considerable secondary income source....

MOO.

Hmmm anytime I see fertilizer I think of bomb making material.

Just something that crossed my mind for some reason when reading your post.
When did he make this purchase? Tia

To me someone who really cares about their lawn doesn't dig holes in it.

Jmho

AA paid for the purchase of “Fertilizer” through Venmo on June 3, 2019.

I dont think he accessed her instagram. I think the fatherless thing was a fluke that people have run with and stated as fact. The police already had his number from her phone records. The fatherless thing happened Wed afternoon and he had already consulted a lawyer on Tues. Not to mention, he had probably already burned all of her stuff by Wed. And, since when does instagram show you the location that a follow request was initiated from anyway??

I’ll have to look for it, but IIRC there was a local news article with a quote from LE that said a follow from ML’s Instagram account led them to his home address.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member