Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you. I think considering he set up plans to meet her at a park, with a witness right there (the Lyft driver), that it was not a premeditated murder. IMO something went wrong that night and she rejected his advances or he simply took things too far. His actions after the fact, trying to cover up the evidence and burning the body, I certainly do not think were planned out. I believe he was in panic mode and truly thought that would be the best way to dispose of the evidence.
I think his meeting her in the park instead of the airport when he lived minutes away points to premeditation. He avoided being seen on camera as well as avoiding there being any record of his address for a reason. Imo

Randomly his last Venmo purchase (b/f the legal consult) was for fertilizer. I'm assuming for his yard? So maybe he was trying to take care of the deteriorating lawn?

Hmmm anytime I see fertilizer I think of bomb making material.

Just something that crossed my mind for some reason when reading your post.
When did he make this purchase? Tia

To me someone who really cares about their lawn doesn't dig holes in it.

Jmho

Here’s the thing we are all making an assumption that he’s an IT guy- we know his resume was falsified based on MSM - he wasn’t educated in IT (no degree- attended various times at college(s)) had a bunch of cameras at his house (so do I -you can get them at Costco etc) and he worked as a support person best we can tell - I’m of the opinion he wasn’t well versed with technology and it did not occur to him that his phone would be a treasure trove of evidence - remember he only disabled her phone based on what we know - I’m thinking he just isn’t as clever smart educated and knowledgeable about the IT world he claimed to be in (resume and LinkedIn) all JMO - and plus his general arrogance he has that in common with the other men who killed their wives/girlfriends IMO

I'm in agreement with you. I don't think he was IT savvy, and his lies about everything were never really noticed "enough". And, he was able to slide right through any scrapes he found himself in.

I agree with you. I think considering he set up plans to meet her at a park, with a witness right there (the Lyft driver), that it was not a premeditated murder. IMO something went wrong that night and she rejected his advances or he simply took things too far. His actions after the fact, trying to cover up the evidence and burning the body, I certainly do not think were planned out. I believe he was in panic mode and truly thought that would be the best way to dispose of the evidence.
IMO the phone being switched off immediately after meeting points strongly towards premeditation. That and the fact that she wasn't dropped off at his house, but was past it. He did not want her to be traced to his address. In a normal encounter, those two would not have happened.

Yeah, I think the extent of his IT knowlege was telling people how to turn their computer off and then back on again.

There had to be texts to her, from him, telling her to meet him at the park. Even if he had turned his own phone off, what was his plan for covering that up?
I’m curious how many of our sleuthers knew about cell phone pings location services etc prior to WS? I’m not sure he had a plan for covering up that last text to her - he didn’t appear to have a plan for the pictures they found on his phone either from what I’ve read IMO

Slightly off topic. I’m just curious. Are there any verified psychologists on here who are familiar with how grief impacts risk?

It seems from news articles that several friends don’t think she would meet a stranger at 3am but I’m curious if grief would impact this at all?

I’ve experienced grief in the past that definitely affected my ability to assess risks but I don’t know if this is a thing or just something with me.

Just to be clear, with this monster, I’m convinced the time of day of the meeting was irrelevant to the outcome.

MOO
I am not an expert, but I’m currently in grief counseling. There is a correlation between grief and high risk behaviors.

tech support, how many of us have clicked where told to and let tech support into our computers to help us. I just thought of that. just think of the info a tech support could have with remote assistance on someone computer.

ITA - it's taking way too long for a simple murder charge/desecration/kidnap hearing. IMO they are gathering a crap ton load of evidence and will find everyone involved in whatever he had going on including her murder.
What is ITA? TIA.

Psychopaths always believe they are smarter than everyone else, and I do believe AA is one. That's why he can appear charming if it's to his advantage, and why he angers quickly if he feels someone has displeased him.

This was a hideous premeditated crime carried out by an organized murderer who thought he was going to get away with it as all murderers think. However he is no different than many others when overestimating his own smarts. Instead he's rather typical in that aspect.

AA thought no one would ever believe he would burn his victim up right in his backyard.

He thought hiding or destroying his victim in plain sight would be the best way to destroy what he had done to his victim before murdering her.

Heck we have seen far more intelligent, and highly successful murderers than AA carryout their own heinous murders also thinking they were going to get away with it too. We've seen murderers who were NASA rocket scientist doctors, lawyers etc. and they all thought they weren't going to be caught.

Of course they are never as smart as they have convinced themselves they are, and that is the reason most are caught because of the mistakes they made.

Law abiding citizens are very thankful, IMO, that hideous murderers like AA do usually wind up making mistakes resulting in them being caught.

Jmho
oceanblueeyes..I agree with a lot of your thoughts in your post except for the comment that the murder was an organized murder...what makes this a disorganized murder, in my opinion, is there was evidence found at the scene, and there was not three separate crime scenes...this quote is from a Psychology Today article on Organized vs. Disorganized Serial Predators: published last year June 17th. "With organized offenders, there are typically three separate crime scenes: where the victim was approached by the killer, where the victim was killed, and where the victim’s body was disposed of."

no criminal wants to be caught on camera, I agree. that said very few crimes are viewed in real time or fast enough to change the outc0me of a crime. they are mostly viewed after the crime is complete.
My point is that the presence of working cameras acts as a deterrent. But you are right. To catch a criminal in the act, the cameras would need to be monitored. Security patrols and neighborhood watches are other ways to keep out the criminals.

Do we know if he used his real name, pictures, cell number, email etc with Kenzie?
We know she had his cell phone number but not if she knew his real name. If they met on a dating app he could have used a different name as well. She appeared familiar with him when the driver dropped her off so I'm assuming she knew what he looked like. Imo

cameras don't prevent crime, they just document it when it happens. moo

cameras are everywhere and people have gotten use to them now.moo

Whether true or not, nonworking cameras do neither.

And can provide a false sense of security when it is stated the location is under surveillance.

Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member