UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, there's been 20 pages added to this thread since Friday evening. I won't have time to catch up for awhile. Just some of the things going through my head about this case:

I tend to agree with some other posters who believe Josh may have poisened Susan on Sunday. Along with that theory, I believe the drying spot that police found on the living room floor is possibly vomit rather than blood. I would think that Josh would be smart enough to know that he could NEVER get rid of that much blood (then again Josh does seem like an idiot). But perhaps if it was vomit he thought he could clean it up pretty well. Either way, I assume police used Luminol in the house and already know if it was blood.

I've been concerned from the get go on this case. I have yet to see a comment anywhere online, nor in person from anyone I know, who feels that it would be OK or understandable to take these two very young children out camping in below freezing weather in the early morning hours. I wouldn't enjoy that as an adult, and as a small child, there would have been NOTHING fun about it, s'mores or not. Why would Josh need to suddenly go camping in the middle of the night to test a new generator? It would seem more feasible to just test it at home. No sense in taking those two children out in the frigid cold in the middle of nowhere, and chancing that the generator DIDN'T work. I've read somewhere that he says they slept in the van. I'm not sure if that is fact. But if so, I just don't see any point in him taking those kids out there at that time, in that temperature weather. What did he hook up to the generator to test it?

I said in one of my first posts on this thread, that in the 17 hours he was gone, he could have gotten anywhere within the state of Utah and the surrounding states. There is no telling where Susan could be. My family goes out on ATV's on the Old Pony Express Trails quite often, and I can guarantee, they will be keeping an eye out for Susan when there. But I honestly don't think Josh was ever even there.

wouldn't camping in 10 to 25 degree weather with two small children be considered child endangerment? who does this? Of course i don't believe he went camping. I'm betting the children never stepped foot out of the vehicle. couldn't they arrrest him on child endangerment though?

Thanks for asking this jnT.
I asked about it a few days ago, but I haven't seen a response yet.
I'm hoping that if LE can't get enough evidence to charge Josh with Susan's murder, they will at least be able to arrest him for child endangerment, and get those kids away from him so they will have a CHANCE to heal from the loss of their mother.

However, I have very high hopes at this time that LE is being VERY thorough and by the time an arrest is announced, they will have so much evidence on this guy that he'll never get away with it.

I personally saw this coming today before he was taken back in for another interview. Wonder what the family has to say now?

eta: and I mean that sincerely with no disrespect

I can't believe there's yet another sad story to bring me back to Websleuths. This one is just as hinky as the others. No way the father took his little kids out camping for "fun" in the middle of the freezing cold. I'm thinking along the same lines as some of you who mentioned he may have drugged Susan. He could have hidden her in the back of his vehicle while the kids were still asleep, taken the whole family to wherever, and dumped her body without the kids ever having known she'd been along for the ride.

I can't give him the "benefit of doubt", because I really don't have any doubt. There's just absolutely NO rationale for taking your kids out into that kind of weather--especially in the middle of the night.

If the children were well cared for during the camping trip.............
then Josh would not
be charged with anything.
Frost bite or hospitalization would be bad for him.
It looks like the children were cared for though.
IMO, what ever he did, he made sure the boys slept, ate and were warm.
Baby must of been changed.

He is probably wanted control of the 4 year old because he may say things to aunt.
Seems Josh only wanted to get his sons NOW.......instead of Looking for wife first night!

Kids and trips:
When will we be there?
How much further?
I want to go home!
Where's mommy?
I have to PEE! NOW!!
I'm hungry!
They can drive a sane person nuts for 17 hours!
Ever take a big trip with 2 small children???

Surely there will be gas records, (credit card & food receipts,
someone remembers them.

HLN Josh just got attorney!

I do not believe they stayed all night in a cold van.
The heater would overheat, would the generator work as a heater in the van safely?

if the wet spot was vomit hopefully LE cut the area of carpet and padding out, and ran poison tests on it. If she were poisoned and threw up there's a good chance the some of the poison/drug was in the stain.

Also got a snow question. If the area he supposedly camp at is now covered in snow couldn't they melt the snow to get to the evidence? i just don't get the evidence is now covered in snow.

West Valley City police say they will again interview Joshua Powell today after detectives meet to coordinate where they are in the investigation of 28-year-old Susan Powell's disappearance and where they need to go.
Powell has been missing for a week now and Capt. Tom McLachlan said the investigation is "moving slowly."
Joshua Powell is not considered a suspect or a person of interest, McLachlan said. The Associated Press reported today that Josh Powell retained Salt Lake City defense attorney Scott Williams. Williams declined to comment.
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_13994019?source=rss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member