UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you're preaching to the choir. In saying that it was an accident, I'm not suggesting he's not guilty. I'm saying that I don't know he really intended to kill her. I could see a scenario where he wanted to do inappropriate things with her sexually, and drugging her was the way he intended to do it. It went wrong - he gave her too much, or a lethal combination - and she died. He freaked out, and everything that happened afterwards was his attempt at covering it up.

From what everyone is saying, he sounds like he's a much more gregarious person than he's appeared in the few media interactions he's had since Susan turned up missing. I just don't think he's as dumb as he appears in these bizarre interviews. And I find it hard to believe that a person with any intelligence could premeditatedly come up with such an incredibly-lame story to try and get away with murder. That's why I kind of think this was the best he could do with the situation, as it existed the moment he found her dead.

And I hope you read my point about his tears. You sounded a little defensive, but then you basically reiterated the point I had made - that any tears he shed were for his own sorry lot in life, and not because he, in some way, misses his wife. The point I made about his Mormon background was simply to show how sitting in Sacrament meeting, it probably hit him that he had done something that had irreparably ruined his eternal future. Any tears shed would be from that realization - nothing more.

Anyway, maybe I misread your defensiveness? From what I've read from you, you and I have very similar feelings about Josh Powell. I wouldn't ever defend him, because what he's done makes me almost literally sick. But I am interested in what happened, and why it happened. My post was simply to give a little perspective on his LDS background.
I was agreeing with you on the tears issue just not the "accident". To mess with her sexually by drugging her is way out there. We'll find that the simplest story will be what actually happened. We have to remember that normal people do not think like Josh. He's one in about a hundred. I also believe as I stated in my earlier post that Josh is now behaving schizoid. Probably prompted by the "change of plans" with the neighbor JoVanna coming over. Not defensive, just have studied these issues recently on a graduate level and am involved with programs across the country to educate on the subject of abuse. That is NOT the reason I am here, though. I am here to hopefully help spread the word of what's going on in this situation that could possibly help find Susan...

I think (or at least hope) this is something the police would have noticed when they broke in to investigate possible carbon monoxide poisoning.

One statement that's been driving me nuts is how some articles keep claiming Susan's car was home while Josh was gone. From my understanding they shared one vehicle, a van. I wish the media would get their facts straight before publishing, but then again, I do understand they are only going on whatever info they have and can release.

Thanks -- I am not as "up to date" as a lot of people here...I didn't know they broke in to investigate possible CO poisoning. I just thought perhaps he'd unplugged the phones, then, when he came back home and "found" her, he plugged them back in.

I was agreeing with you on the tears issue just not the "accident". To mess with her sexually by drugging her is way out there. We'll find that the simplest story will be what actually happened. We have to remember that normal people do not think like Josh. He's one in about a hundred. I also believe as I stated in my earlier post that Josh is now behaving schizoid. Probably prompted by the "change of plans" with the neighbor JoVanna coming over. Not defensive, just have studied these issues recently on a graduate level and am involved with programs across the country to educate on the subject of abuse. That is NOT the reason I am here, though. I am here to hopefully help spread the word of what's going on in this situation that could possibly help find Susan...

Yeah, who knows about this guy? Everything, at this point, is speculation. What is undeniable is that he's far from normal. And I just don't see how any reasonable person could not see how he is involved.

I hope today's news means they are getting closer to arresting him. And I sure hope that the boys' status ends up working out to the best possible solution. Even the four-year-old is young enough that he can hopefully have a good life, if he ends up in a home with responsible, agenda-less people who love him.

What I find really strange and basically screams out to me: MY ALIBI IS A LIE is that he "allegedly" tells LE that they camped in the van and didn't get out. Hmmm, funny you say that Joshy because someone (can't remember who) who got interviewed for Foxnews or MSNBC said his hands and face were very frost bitten to where you could look at them and tell he was in the cold and snow for a lot of hours.

ETA: Now if the boys were with him did they have signs of hypothermia/frost bite...probably not. So they stayed in the van, most likely asleep, while he went and did something to Susan. Maybe they will find her quickly, like the girl from Reno a few years back that went missing and then it snowed, because snow makes it to where it saves a lot of evidence on her body since she is (god forbid) frozen.

What I find really strange and basically screams out to me: MY ALIBI IS A LIE is that he "allegedly" tells LE that they camped in the van and didn't get out. Hmmm, funny you say that Joshy because someone (can't remember who) who got interviewed for Foxnews or MSNBC said his hands and face were very frost bitten to where you could look at them and tell he was in the cold and snow for a lot of hours.

ETA: Now if the boys were with him did they have signs of hypothermia/frost bite...probably not. So they stayed in the van, most likely asleep, while he went and did something to Susan. Maybe they will find her quickly, like the girl from Reno a few years back that went missing and then it snowed, because snow makes it to where it saves a lot of evidence on her body since she is (god forbid) frozen.
The person also said that it could have been chemical burns and/or frostbite.

The person also said that it could have been chemical burns and/or frostbite.
Well if it were chemical burns he would still have traces of it IMO. Plus the picture of the family at the Christmas breakfast doesn't show any (that was on the Saturday before she went missing). Frost bite would go away a whole lot faster than chemical burns. I didn't read that part so was it implying that the chemical burns were from something that happened to Susan?

Has he claimed he didn't get out of the van? Maybe I missed that.

My apologies if this is a repeat:

Black said that during the interview, Josh would only help identify her personal items while refusing to answer questions regarding her disappearance.

Black also said that investigators asked Josh to accompany them to the camping site in Tooele County where he claimed to have taken the couples two young sons on the night Susan disappeared, and that Josh declined their request.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...y-in-Susan-Powell/v-m3naIliU-n9ylD-aXIDA.cspx

Well if it were chemical burns he would still have traces of it IMO. Plus the picture of the family at the Christmas breakfast doesn't show any (that was on the Saturday before she went missing). Frost bite would go away a whole lot faster than chemical burns. I didn't read that part so was it implying that the chemical burns were from something that happened to Susan?
No, the person that said that did not imply anything...only stated what they saw.

Has he claimed he didn't get out of the van? Maybe I missed that.

He said they slept in the van, IIRC.

The frostbite could be from digging in the cold. You can get frostbite even wearing mittens. Perhaps he forgot to grab his gloves on the way out?

A notebook that Susan Powell kept in her desk at work, possibly containing information about her relationship with her husband, was among the items seized by investigators last week, several sources have told the Deseret News.

The notebook, according to one source, detailed threats allegedly made against the missing West Valley City woman about a year ago.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...seized-by-West-Valley-police-sources-say.html

My apologies if this is a repeat:

Black said that during the interview, Josh would only help identify her personal items while refusing to answer questions regarding her disappearance.

Black also said that investigators asked Josh to accompany them to the camping site in Tooele County where he claimed to have taken the couples two young sons on the night Susan disappeared, and that Josh declined their request.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...y-in-Susan-Powell/v-m3naIliU-n9ylD-aXIDA.cspx

In my opinion, the only husband of a missing woman who would not want to help and find his wife is the one who knows where she is and is responsible for it.

A notebook that Susan Powell kept in her desk at work, possibly containing information about her relationship with her husband, was among the items seized by investigators last week, several sources have told the Deseret News.

The notebook, according to one source, detailed threats allegedly made against the missing West Valley City woman about a year ago.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...seized-by-West-Valley-police-sources-say.html

Mr. Nail, I'd like to introduce you to Mr. Coffin.

Great!!! I knew she kept a journal, it is a Mormon thing. Which is an overall good idea so you don't keep making the same mistakes over and over.

I just can't believe the huevos this guy (Josh) has. Does he really expect LE to believe that after he decided to go on his impromptu camping trip that Susan:

Decided to wake up from apparently feeling ill?
Take none of her personal belongings?
Run away from her children, the one thing that meant the most to her?

If he wants LE to believe that Susan was abducted, does he really think:

They will believe kidnappers would clean up their mess?
Take the time to try to dry the wet spot?
Make sure all the doors to the home were locked when they left?

That would be some considerate kidnappers.

If it turns out to be anything other than murder by his hands, I will eat my Tupperware collection.

I just can't believe the huevos this guy (Josh) has. Does he really expect LE to believe that after he decided to go on his impromptu camping trip that Susan:

If it turns out to be anything other than murder by his hands, I will eat my Tupperware collection.

AND kidnappers somehow knew that the "spontaneous" camping trip happened in the wee hours of the morning, so Susan would be alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(above bolding by smart blonde)....

Tam, I'm happy to report I believe your Tupperware collection is safe. Back away from the kitchen.

Wow, Thanks Mist! The neighbor also said Josh needed to buy a new quilt? New clothes??? That in itself says a lot!:angel:

Honestly, all I see in this is that LE took his clothes for testing and took the quilt as well.

The most telling part is that he's whining about it to people. (Shades of Peterson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly