UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok I'm not saying that JP killed her over religion, but I think it played a factor in it. JP was a controlling nutcase IMO. Religion can be used by an oppressed spouse as an outlet or something to lean on. Then there is the kids, if JP felt SP was spending too much time with church and she was teaching the kids the same thing then I think he probably didnt approve.

Then there is daddy telling him that Mormons are wrong and sending him literature. Maybe daddy was telling him to be a man. Take control, stop the kids from being brainwashed in her beliefs. SP is at church too much, talking to counselors too much.

Then there is the money issue. JP IMO felt maybe his manhood and control was taken away since SP was the main breadwinner. It may have hurt his pride. Most control freaks stay in competition with their wives. It's like a game to them.

Next, SP wanted to leave JP and that was the last straw! Maybe he discovered something as proof she was trying to leave or wanted to leave. He snapped and went nuts.

burbqueen,
I think we are agreeing more than we actually realize. Lol. I agree with a lot of what you say. I really think he discovered something he wasn't intended to discover.

I think where our opinions differ is that I believe he found out days or weeks before her "disappearance". I believe he mulled over and over the anger, the betrayal, and what he was going to do about it. Maybe he even sought advice from dear old dad. I think he premeditated the whole thing but things didn't exactly go according to plan. I think it was premeditated based on his lack of ability to think on his feet. His alibi, IMO, is proof of his inability to think on his feet.

Also, I keep coming back to how Susan apparently told friends and family that things have been recently improving in their marriage. Could it be that he found something out, kept it to himself, and overdid the "good husband" bit to make her believe he was truly trying to make an effort, all the while planning her demise?

<snip>

Susan Powell's father 'couldn't really understand' why son-in-law was at vigil

The father of a missing West Valley City woman said Monday that he couldn't understand why his son-in-law, Joshua Powell, was at a candlelight vigil Sunday in Washington state for Susan Powell.

"I heard that Joshua (the husband) had arrived," he wrote on the social networking Web site Facebook. "I saw this [sic] brother doing an interview, I couldn't really understand why Josh was there."

Cox wrote that Joshua Powell also brought his 4-year-old son and that he felt it would have been inappropriate for him to barge in on the Powell family. Joshua Powell was under an umbrella in the rain surrounded by family members to keep the media away from him.

"I just hope being here [at the vigil] will encourage Josh to help with the search," Cox said on Facebook.

Cox estimated that 200 people attended the vigil, including at least five news trucks and other media representatives.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14042094

I wonder what the Cox family would have said IF Josh didn't show up at any of the scheduled vigils for Sunday, December 20, 2009. :banghead:

Did anyone put a timeline on this last 2 weeks?
Maybe we could put one together. TIA
I'm looking over my notes. But need help........
anyone have the timeline better than I have? PLEASE add

Sunday, December 6, 2009
Susan went to church, walked home with friends.
JP made pancakes and eggs for supper, rarely cooked.
Friend was over to help Susan with crocheting project.
Friend left at 5 pm.
JP took sons sledding in dark at 5:30pm.
Neighbor saw JP come home at 8:30pm
Neighbor heard JP's van's security going off in garage at 11:45pm.

Monday, Dec 7, 2009
JP left for a camping trip at 12:30 am Monday morning with sons.
JP and Susan do not show up for work.
Sons are not at babysitters.
Relatives are called.
Concerned relatives call LE, who break a window for wellness search.
Friend calls JP cell phone at 3pm
Another friend contacts JP by cell phone at 4pm.
JP arrives home at 5pm.

Tuesday, December 8th
JP calls Susan's dad and tells him Susan is missing.
LE takes van.
JP rents a car and leaves for 24 hours.

Wednesday, December 9th
JP comes back home?
Did he take sons for 24 hours?
Where was he?
Police spent two hours removing items from the Powell home.
Police say Josh Powell is not a suspect at this time

Thursday, December 10
Police searched the Simpson Spring Recreation Area and found no sign of Josh Powell's campsite.
Josh Powell speaks briefly with reporters

Friday, December 11
Police stil have no arrests and said Josh Powell is a person of interest

Saturday, December 12:
Susan Powell's father, Charles Cox, traveled to Utah to help search for his daughter.
Josh Powell's family held a press conference and Josh Powell stands silenty with them.
Community members pass out fliers with pictures of Susan Powell.

Sunday, December 13, 2009
1 week Susan is gone.

Monday, December 14:
Josh Powell retains attorney.
JP does not show up to talk with LE.
Skips 3rd interview with LE

Wednesday, December 16,2009
LE takes DNA of Josh Powell.
Search home during a prayer vigil.
LE finds JOURNAL of Susan's at work

Friday/Sat, December 18/19
Josh on the run to Washington?

Saturday, December 19, 2009
ABC subpeoned for video tapes.
All news agencies asked not to destroy video tapes.

Sunday, December 20,2009
2 weeks Susan is gone.
World wide prayer vigil at 8:30pm.
JP and son show up unexpectedly to Susan's vigil.
they stand 15 feet away from Cox family and are silent.
JP talked to 1 sister for a moment Diane?
Suppose to of said he would talk to her later.
JP and sons staying in Steve Powell's house in a GATED
community.
Steve Powell father of Josh defends son in interview.
John Hellewell who is a neighbor of the Powell's found out about the trip Sunday when Josh called him. His first concern was to find someone to "pet sit" his birds.

I wonder what the Cox family would have said IF Josh didn't show up at any of the scheduled vigils for Sunday, December 20, 2009. :banghead:

I don't think they would have said anything. They have shown real class through this whole thing.

burbqueen,
I think we are agreeing more than we actually realize. Lol. I agree with a lot of what you say. I really think he discovered something he wasn't intended to discover.

I think where our opinions differ is that I believe he found out days or weeks before her "disappearance". I believe he mulled over and over the anger, the betrayal, and what he was going to do about it. Maybe he even sought advice from dear old dad. I think he premeditated the whole thing but things didn't exactly go according to plan. I think it was premeditated based on his lack of ability to think on his feet. His alibi, IMO, is proof of his inability to think on his feet.

Also, I keep coming back to how Susan apparently told friends and family that things have been recently improving in their marriage. Could it be that he found something out, kept it to himself, and overdid the "good husband" bit to make her believe he was truly trying to make an effort, all the while planning her demise?

That's what I believe, he was just playing the 'good husband.' He had just started going to church but yet he didn't go that Sunday.

Josh NEVER cooked yet made the meal that night when Susan's friend was there AND Susan suddenly got tired and went to bed while her friend was still there. THEN Josh tells the friend he's going to leave with the kids, so the friend leaves.

It's been stated by friends that Susan had to do everything. I take that means the house, the kids, the shopping, everything. Even after going back to work. According to Josh, imo, it was her j o b in addition to working outside the home. Yet...............he still controlled every dime she spent. Recently when she purchased Xmas gifts for the kids, he was very angry. His friends told the media that.

I believe he was resentful of Susan's job yet he wanted the money yet he wanted control of the money too. Susan told someone she was trying to save money to leave Josh. Maybe he found out she was stashing money. Maybe it was an argument over the Xmas presents.

I don't think there had to be a trigger, other than Susan not doing EXACTLY what Josh WANTED.

JMHO
fran

I wonder if Josh FORBID Susan to use the van to go to church that Sunday, so she went anyway and walked to and from.
I bet he was boiled over with her 'disobedience' of a submissive wife!
People say they lived like ROOM MATES, but the friend (JOVANNA) says everything
was calm and nice at dinner that evening?????
I bet they fought all week.
Josh was really trying to break Susan's spirit!

I wonder if Josh FORBID Susan to use the van to go to church that Sunday, so she went anyway and walked to and from.
I bet he was boiled over with her 'disobedience' of a submissive wife!
People say they lived like ROOM MATES, but the friend (JOVANNA) says everything
was calm and nice at dinner that evening?????
I bet they fought all week.
Josh was really trying to break Susan's spirit!

That picture taken at the Xmas party at church that last weekend, of the family, Josh is all smiles etc., but IMHO, Susan does NOT look happy.

Just my observation,
fran

Rules for a Good Father

Rule #1 - You don't kill your childrens' mother.

Rule #2 - If you fail at Rule #1, You don't hide behind your children for your protection.

Rule #3 - If you fail at Rule #1 and Rule #2, You man up and tell the truth and for once, set a good example for your sons and face your consequences.

Did anyone catch Susans friend that doesn't like Josh say he even told Susan what she could an couldn't eat????

Rules for a Good Father

Rule #1 - You don't kill your childrens' mother.

Rule #2 - If you fail at Rule #1, You don't hide behind your children for your protection.

Rule #3 - If you fail at Rule #1 and Rule #2, You man up and tell the truth and for once, set a good example for your sons and face your consequences.

I don't think he will ever man up because it was all Susans fault and the Churches fault.

I don't believe Susan's father said something about Josh at the vigil so much as just a vigil, but WHICH vigil it was.

Your wife doesn't go missing in one state and you flee to another state within two weeks. IF he thought she might return home, shouldn't he be there just in case?

Nah, he knows Susan isn't coming back. He KNOWS the people in Utah suspect him. He THOUGHT he'd get sympathy in Washington. He did, his enabling dad.

Bet his dad isn't upset over Susan's disappearance. After all, he'd been trying to break up the marriage anyway. :mad:

Yeah,...........I guess people will say things anyway.

JMHO
fran

<snip>

“Josh was very controlling. He controlled everything in their marriage, from the money that Susan spent to what groceries she could buy to what she could eat. There was a lot of fighting and belittling on his part. It just reduced her to a very unhappy and different person than she was when he first met her,” Marini told Curry.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34508240/ns/today-today_people/

this jerk sounds more & more like my ex every day. :mad:

BBM Hey, are you me? Sounds like my soon to be ex too

If SP is 'anti mormon' wonder what religion he is???
maybe even NO RELIGION???
what kind of literature would he send his son???
Josh's own sister called Josh "odd"
The dysfunctional Powell family dynamics are really a big part in this.

I sure wish Susan's family would quickly file an ex parte motion to get temporary custody of those two little boys. IMHO, Josh is very unstable emotionally.

It would be a shame if something happened to these boys because everyone thought there was no way Josh would hurt them. They thought the same thing about Susan as well.

Besides, Josh has already shown he's not fit to take care of two small children. Taking them out after midnight in a sub-freezing snow-storm to sleep in a van overnight, he can't even remember where, and giving them smores for breakfast?

He's not fit, either way.

JMHO
fran

BBM Hey, are you me? Sounds like my soon to be ex too

You'd be surprised how many of our members were married to the same guy!;)

fran

PS...........hope you realize I'm j/k. Seems Josh has a lot of common traits. I would say they're undesirable traits, going by how many members here say it's their EX who has them! :D

Did anyone catch Susans friend that doesn't like Josh say he even told Susan what she could an couldn't eat????

yep I caught it & posted upthread that he sounds soooo much like my ex.

Made me think of the very first time we brought groceries...I put a 1/2 gallon of milk in the basket & he told me to put it back because he doesn't drink milk...I said well I do & he said he didn't care...then I asked him how was I supposed to make milk gravy for him....*then* it was OK to keep the milk.

I could go on with the food stories, but the epitome of control was this a-hole coming in the bathroom when I was in there & telling me how much toilet paper I could use to wipe myself. I you not.

He also didn't want me going to church, having any $$ or friends, or visiting family. He really went off the wall around Christmas time when I wanted to buy gifts for my family. Even if all I spent was $10 on a cheap clock for my mom & dad.

I can only imagine Susan was living a similar nitemare...I really feel for her. :(

I sure wish Susan's family would quickly file an ex parte motion to get temporary custody of those two little boys. IMHO, Josh is very unstable emotionally.

It would be a shame if something happened to these boys because everyone thought there was no way Josh would hurt them. They thought the same thing about Susan as well.

Besides, Josh has already shown he's not fit to take care of two small children. Taking them out after midnight in a sub-freezing snow-storm to sleep in a van overnight, he can't even remember where, and giving them smores for breakfast?

He's not fit, either way.

JMHO
fran

ITA, JP has shown he will take those little boys where ever he goes. If he becomes suicidal, if he isn't already, he will not check out on his own. jmo

I don't think they would have said anything. They have shown real class through this whole thing.

I agree, the Cox Family has shown class, so that made me wonder "why" Susan's father said anything at all regarding Josh showing up at the vigil?

The father of a missing West Valley City woman said Monday that he couldn't understand why his son-in-law, Joshua Powell, was at a candlelight vigil Sunday in Washington state for Susan Powell.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14042094

IMO, it would have been better for Susan's father to just say: "it was good to see Josh at the vigil."

I'm sure Mr. Cox was clueless why Josh was in Washington rather then Utah, but he is where he is and went to A vigil.

I am NOT sticking up for Josh by no means at all as I feel he did something to Susan, but I always wonder why family says things in one form and then questions it in another form.

yep I caught it & posted upthread that he sounds soooo much like my ex.

Made me think of the very first time we brought groceries...I put a 1/2 gallon of milk in the basket & he told me to put it back because he doesn't drink milk...I said well I do & he said he didn't care...then I asked him how was I supposed to make milk gravy for him....*then* it was OK to keep the milk.

I could go on with the food stories, but the epitome of control was this a-hole coming in the bathroom when I was in there & telling me how much toilet paper I could use to wipe myself. I you not.

He also didn't want me going to church, having any $$ or friends, or visiting family. He really went off the wall around Christmas time when I wanted to buy gifts for my family. Even if all I spent was $10 on a cheap clock for my mom & dad.

I can only imagine Susan was living a similar nitemare...I really feel for her. :(

Wow.....you did have it bad. I guess a lot of us have bad stories, some similar and some different. The toilet paper thing is a new one for me....!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member