UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, the Cox Family has shown class, so that made me wonder "why" Susan's father said anything at all regarding Josh showing up at the vigil?

The father of a missing West Valley City woman said Monday that he couldn't understand why his son-in-law, Joshua Powell, was at a candlelight vigil Sunday in Washington state for Susan Powell.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14042094

IMO, it would have been better for Susan's father to just say: "it was good to see Josh at the vigil."

I'm sure Mr. Cox was clueless why Josh was in Washington rather then Utah, but he is where he is and went to A vigil.

I am NOT sticking up for Josh by no means at all as I feel he did something to Susan, but I always wonder why family says things in one form and then questions it in another form.

Why would it have been better for Mr. Cox to say that? IMO, he showed great restraint by not strangling him with his bare hands, as I would have done. I cannot imagine what he is going through and I'm not going to begin to question Mr. Cox's statements or thinking he should respond a certain way. JMO.

Why would it have been better for Mr. Cox to say that? IMO, he showed great restraint by not strangling him with his bare hands, as I would have done. I cannot imagine what he is going through and I'm not going to begin to question Mr. Cox's statements or thinking he should respond a certain way. JMO.

My point is, "why say anything at all."

I can see how Mr. Cox would be angry....Josh showing up must have looked like a taunt to him..."see me, I'm here and there's nothing you can do about it...there's nothing you can do about me leaving Utah & the investigation behind...I'm surrounded by family who are protecting me"....and he hugs another of Mr. Cox's daughters & agrees to talk w/ her later. gag.

I think Josh was getting off on punching the Cox's buttons as much as he was trying to put on a good show for the media that he claimed he was trying to escape.

Now more truth will come out........Josh does not want Cox family to have the boys because they would be raised Mormon!!!!
Josh's mom and sister must be Mormons and he was raised in the religion but does not believe in the religion........
I think we are seeing some of the picture!

The bird must be an expensive exotic bird, JP sure doesn't care about it now, he left it behind...........

and the part about Susan being sick for 45 minutes at counseling betcha he was poisening her for a LONG time and did the FATAL dose that night!!!!

(bbm) Hey at least they would be RAISED right. :mad:
:parrot:

I can see how Mr. Cox would be angry....Josh showing up must have looked like a taunt to him..."see me, I'm here and there's nothing you can do about it...there's nothing you can do about me leaving Utah & the investigation behind...I'm surrounded by family who are protecting me"....and he hugs another of Mr. Cox's daughters & agrees to talk w/ her later. gag.

I think Josh was getting off on punching the Cox's buttons as much as he was trying to put on a good show for the media that he claimed he was trying to escape.

Exactly, and IMO Mr. Cox has earned the right to speak whatever he is feeling.

IMHO, it's not JUST that Josh left the state so soon after his wife went missing.

It's the fact that, HE DIDN'T ADVISE LE WHERE HE WAS GOING TO BE!

THAT is the most dam*ing piece of this current situation, IMHO.

What if Susan came back? What if LE found Susan?

How would they get in touch with Josh?

:banghead:

JMHO
fran

I remember as a kid (when I lived on the east coast) going sledding and playing in the snow for hours. We, of course, were older than Susan's kids, but we would go out in the morning bundled up from head to toe and play in the snow.....ALL DAY! At some point our clothes would get wet and we would go home to change. At some point we would run out of gloves or mittens and use socks to keep our hands warm. The difference is you would be hard pressed to find an adult that would stay out there with you for 5 minutes, let alone 3 1/2 hours.

Let's just say they did go sledding. Even after an hour or so, I would think the boys would have clothing wet enough to warrant going home and changing. Especially the 2 year old. He would likely have to have a diaper change, if he wasn't potty trained. Who takes two little boys anywhere with wet clothes after sledding? Even if he brought a change of clothes with them, wouldn't you be more comfortable going home to change before going back out?

I guess I'm curious as to what they were doing from the time JoVonna left until the neighbor saw them come back home about 8:30 pm.

(bbm) I agree w you... tho Utah (from my downhill skiing days) is famous for it's dry "powder" conditions which aren't the soggy wet snow many of us grew up w. But I do think 3-1/2 hours is unrealistic w small children so young! In addition to diapering (which as you point out, the younger child likely required) they need to eat every couple hours All his stories are ridiculous IMO.

Josh showing up is saying see I am here, and your DAUGHTER IS NOT. The little puke is rubbing it in their faces.

(bbm) I agree w you... tho Utah (from my downhill skiing days) is famous for it's dry "powder" conditions which aren't the soggy wet snow many of us grew up w. But I do think 3-1/2 hours is unrealistic w small children so young! In addition to diapering (which as you point out, the younger child likely required) they need to eat every couple hours All his stories are ridiculous IMO.

But...............he allegedly went AFTER dark?!

Is that reasonable?

fran

PS....I really wish someone local could tell us if they have a place to go sledding in that area that has lights?

IMHO, it's not JUST that Josh left the state so soon after his wife went missing.

It's the fact that, HE DIDN'T ADVISE LE WHERE HE WAS GOING TO BE!

THAT is the most dam*ing piece of this current situation, IMHO.

What if Susan came back? What if LE found Susan?

How would they get in touch with Josh?

:banghead:

JMHO
fran

LE indicated Josh was free to go anywhere. IMO, if LE found Susan and LE couldn't reach Josh by cellphone, they would have contacted his lawyer.

If Susan walked back into the door and Josh wasn't there, she would probably be thankful he was gone.

LE is tracking Josh and knows exactly where he was going and where to find him. They aren't going to let him roam free without a watchful eye on his whereabouts.

I knew religion has something to do with this!!!! told ya'll so.

If JP's family and himself were against Mormons then why in the world would you marry one? Or maybe at first Susan wasnt active when they met, but I heard they met at a church function right? Or maybe JP got disinterested and Susans church going ramped up. Poor thing, she probably felt that the church was her strength in a time of need. Susan IMO was probably emotionally, verbally and worse, psycho games from that monster. Pitting the kids against her and taking them off to play when their mom wanted them to go to church. Or forcing them to choose. Playing the good parent, bad parent game.

(bbm) Because JP was only using that--was putting on a show, posing and pretending to be in agreement w SP and her beliefs--to win her over in the beginning but had an increasingly harder time maintaining that front and keeping up appearances as time wore on... an all too familiar story. :( "An inheritance obtained wrongly (alt. "hastily") in the beginning, will never be blessed in the end." ~Prov. 20:21

Wow.....you did have it bad. I guess a lot of us have bad stories, some similar and some different. The toilet paper thing is a new one for me....!!!

Just one thing of many, I had to give STB Ex allmy wages each month, ifI wantd/needed clothes, he would stand outside the store while I "chose" an item of clothing, if he approved, he would go in and pay for it for me- so humiliating.
He controlled what I said, ate. Once,at a party, he literally put his hand over my mouth to stop me talking, it was just chit chat.
Destroyed posessions that he knew I loved, even criticised where I stood at my brother's funeral (I sat with my mum )and held her.
..and gaslighting-don'teven start me on that. I could go on and on, but I guess a lot of us could.
Poor Susan...

Josh showing up is saying see I am here, and your DAUGHTER IS NOT. The little puke is rubbing it in their faces.

Yes, his fake concern is all about "face time". Making people believe he cares because he's at the vigil.

If it were me, (and thank God it's not) I don't think I could do enough to help the investigation. I would be on every LEO working on this case to find my loved one. I would be answering every question, whether I had my attorney's approval or not. I would be banging on every door, standing on the streetcorner passing out fliers. What ever it takes, I would be doing it. Even if I had such a ridiculous alibi that couldn't possibly be believed, I would still be doing what ever I could to help.

Just tell them where you went 'camping', Josh! Try the truth for once. Stop this nonsense.

But...............he allegedly went AFTER dark?!

Is that reasonable?

fran

PS....I really wish someone local could tell us if they have a place to go sledding in that area that has lights?

I said I agree generally w the poster's comment fran :) That it is unrealistic, given their ages. I'm not the one you need to convince lol was just pointing out the difference in the snow.

yep I caught it & posted upthread that he sounds soooo much like my ex.

Made me think of the very first time we brought groceries...I put a 1/2 gallon of milk in the basket & he told me to put it back because he doesn't drink milk...I said well I do & he said he didn't care...then I asked him how was I supposed to make milk gravy for him....*then* it was OK to keep the milk.

I could go on with the food stories, but the epitome of control was this a-hole coming in the bathroom when I was in there & telling me how much toilet paper I could use to wipe myself. I you not.

He also didn't want me going to church, having any $$ or friends, or visiting family. He really went off the wall around Christmas time when I wanted to buy gifts for my family. Even if all I spent was $10 on a cheap clock for my mom & dad.

I can only imagine Susan was living a similar nitemare...I really feel for her. :(

Been there and done that......cheap except for what they want.........mine bought GUNS!!!
Hated church, rules, had no friends, told me I was fat when everyone said I was skin and bones.
Told me how to dress etc........they are CREEPS.........
The marriage didn't last but a few years.
and they usually CHEAT with trash.........
Men in my life had always been quiet, passive and sweet,
I never expected to marry this type of guy.......
he started out like a guy like my family and turned the minute the writing was dry on our marriage certificate.
I wrote this because I truely believe that Susan was in the same TRAP!!!

Yesterday's news of Josh leaving his home in Utah and going to visit family in Washington State, was surprising IMHO. But not necessarily unexpected. I did, however, not expect him to attend the vigil last night in Washington. I have no idea whey he did that, other than to try to take the building tide of suspicion that he's the perp. Sorry, it didn't work.

I will tell you though, Josh leaving the home so soon after Susan disappeared AND the fact friends and relatives have already begun removing furnishings from the home, rates right in there with the part of the Laci Peterson case when after just a few days SP inquired of a real estate agent about selling their home and a few weeks of his wife missing, SP sold Laci's car.

IMHO, the husband's actions are indicitive of HOW this case is going to end. Susan will NEVER walk back through those doors again, alive.

JMHO
:(
fran

Agree... and esp w your point re Mr. Cox's reaction to this pitiful show. It is very Scott P-esque. Stomach turning. What is the point of going thru motions of attending a vigil--where Susan's loved ones are gathered prayerfully, desperate to bring her home, trying to comfort one another, distraught over where their missing daughter/sister/relative/friend/churchmember & these small boys' mother could be--if you KNOW and withholding that info!?! To bring their son while putting on this CHARADE was adding INSULT to the injury. That he would have the nerve to go where HER family was gathered--either to avail himself of this sympathy, or derive some sick, perverse sense of satisfaction--is chilling to me.

Exactly, and IMO Mr. Cox has earned the right to speak whatever he is feeling.

Mr. Cox always refrained from being negative toward Josh, this is why I was puzzled by Mr. Cox's negative comment.

Mr. Cox always seemed to try and keep the door open in-spite of what Mr. Cox maybe feeling inside his heart; and for that I so respect Mr. Cox.

It's a no win situation whether Josh showed up or not as someone was going to ask why he did or why he didn't go to A vigil.

I've also been thinking she possibly was slowly poisoned.I wonder if anyone at work shared with LE if she was ever sick there and how many times,better yet,if it was more recently.

I think he showed up at the vigil last night for damage control.I'm sure he's been reading online about himself and to leave without letting LE know was maybe because he thought they'd say no.Maybe he feels safer in another state with his Dad in a gated community,won't security call the father to let them know LE is there?So,Josh would have a heads up before they showed up,even though it's a false sense of security.He also has a political relative in that state.KWIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3