UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Josh did kill Susan (and I think he did), I really hope that some member of Susan's family is able to raise the boys if they desire and are capable. Some part of me even feels like there should be a law giving custody preference to the deceased parent's family when the other parent is the murderer. For example, in the Michelle Young case, I am happy that Cassidy is living with her maternal aunt instead of with her paternal side. I think it would help salve the loss. JMO

From what little I have read about SP's divorce, I have a feeling he will fight tooth and nail to keep those kids if/when Josh gets sent to jail. If he fought for 11 years for a divorce, he won't have a problem doing the same for custody of his grandkids. Sounds like Susan's family will need all the support they can get should this come to pass.

As for who should have custody of surviving kids, I have felt the same way myself; save problems with drug/alcohol/emotional abuse or other serious problems.

From what little I have read about SP's divorce, I have a feeling he will fight tooth and nail to keep those kids if/when Josh gets sent to jail. If he fought for 11 years for a divorce, he won't have a problem doing the same for custody of his grandkids. Sounds like Susan's family will need all the support they can get should this come to pass.

As for who should have custody of surviving kids, I have felt the same way myself; save problems with drug/alcohol/emotional abuse or other serious problems.

You know I wonder how much of that fight they had was because of child support and not wanting to pay any.

Dr.Fessel
You beat me to it. I know as much as I need to know about this religion. Enough is enough.

You know I wonder how much of that fight they had was because of child support and not wanting to pay any.

That and filing motions for the sake of filing to just extend it, as she had run out of funds, from what I read. Seems a good part was just to fight for the sake of fighting to wear her down to the point she'd give up.

IF the stain on the floor is vomit, is it possible to tell who's it is without Susan's saliva?

(It may be silly of me to assume that all five people ate the same dinner of pancakes that Josh made. If LE wanted a saliva sample from the boys, would they need Josh's permission since they are minor's?)

I wonder if he was granted custody because she was too weary to continue the fight, emotionally and financially. Unfortunately, we don't know a lot about her. I'm very curious how he ended up with custody.

IF the stain on the floor is vomit, is it possible to tell who's it is without Susan's saliva?

(It may be silly of me to assume that all five people ate the same dinner of pancakes that Josh made. If LE wanted a saliva sample from the boys, would they need Josh's permission since they are minor's?)

Vomit would include tons of epithelial cells, no problem.
I have no doubt the LE has her DNA. Toothbrush, hairbrush, clothing, even fingerprints.

They may have been able to get other samples of Susan's DNA - possibly her toothbrush, hair from a hairbrush??

I just noticed your siggy quote. I like it!!

and 20 people trampled the crime scene...

joshmove.jpg

Vomit would include tons of epithelial cells, no problem.
I have no doubt the LE has her DNA. Toothbrush, hairbrush, clothing, even fingerprints.

Thank you~! I just went to to wikipedia to learn about epithelium. (The human body is absolutely amazing and compliated.) It's truly amazing that anyone gets away with murder anymore.

I wonder if he was granted custody because she was too weary to continue the fight, emotionally and financially. Unfortunately, we don't know a lot about her. I'm very curious how he ended up with custody.

IMO, you have found something important to be curious about. I have searched everything I know to try to learn more about his parents. Women in general don't typically give up custody of their children. I know there were restraining orders during the ugly divorce. I think she must have feared him to some degree, but maybe didn't think he would hurt the children...why else would a mother give up her children AND move 13 hours away. Again, I don't know the specifics, or a timeline, but unless she was an unfit mother, which I doubt, there had to have been something going on there. Anyone know anywhere else to search for info on these two, his parents?

IMO, you have found something important to be curious about. I have searched everything I know to try to learn more about his parents. Women in general don't typically give up custody of their children. I know there were restraining orders during the ugly divorce. I think she must have feared him to some degree, but maybe didn't think he would hurt the children...why else would a mother give up her children AND move 13 hours away. Again, I don't know the specifics, or a timeline, but unless she was an unfit mother, which I doubt, there had to have been something going on there. Anyone know anywhere else to search for info on these two, his parents?

Haven't had a chance to read all of this thread yet (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92904&page=39), but apparently there was a link given to research divorce records for Washington state; some were able to get the link to work for them and others didn't. One poster said the information that was there was deleted, so really, I don't know.

There is one critical question I keep trying to answer. Did Josh plan on killing Susan that night or was it an act of rage? If he planned to kill her why did he choose that night? It certainly wasn’t because he had airtight alibi arranged. If he didn’t plan on killing her then that would eliminate a lot of the speculation about poisoning her. The answer to this question will go a long way in figuring out what happened that night.

The way the events played out it would seem very unlikely that he had a plan in place to kill her. He had no credible alibi set up. No one, not even Josh, could be stupid enough to think that the story he gave police would deflect suspicion away from them. Looking at it this way it seems obvious that he didn’t have a plan in place and most likely killed Susan during an argument.

It is possible that he did have a plan and something went wrong. He might have chosen that night because he knew the snow would cover his tracks. While disposing of Susan’s body he got stuck in the snow. Not being able to call for a tow, for obvious reasons, he spent several hours digging himself out. When he was unable to get home before their friends and family got concerned his plan fell apart.

What do you think did he have a plan or not?

At one point in the Stacy Peterson case they figured drew had a 2.5 hour opportunity to get rid of the body. Hundreds of volunteers searched the normal places to dump a body all around the town and outskirts in organized grid searches .

Just because Josh was gone so long does not mean he dumped her far away.

And did they find her? All the searches for Elizabeth Smart and Lori Hacking didn't find them either. In the end, for Elizabeth, it was a segment on AMW that brought her home. For Lori, it was a video near or at where Mark worked, that showed him dumping something large into a dumpster.

IMO, the public and LE has come to realize that large searches based on no info are rarely succesful. I'm sure their have been some, but I'm scratching my head trying to remember a single one that wasn't based on very good intel.

And did they find her? All the searches for Elizabeth Smart and Lori Hacking didn't find them either. In the end, for Elizabeth, it was a segment on AMW that brought her home. For Lori, it was a video near or at where Mark worked, that showed him dumping something large into a dumpster.

IMO, the public and LE has come to realize that large searches based on no info are rarely succesful. I'm sure their have been some, but I'm scratching my head trying to remember a single one that wasn't based on very good intel.

Nope they did not. They had thousands out looking for Somer Thompson and they found her.

There is one critical question I keep trying to answer. Did Josh plan on killing Susan that night or was it an act of rage? If he planned to kill her why did he choose that night? It certainly wasn’t because he had airtight alibi arranged. If he didn’t plan on killing her then that would eliminate a lot of the speculation about poisoning her. The answer to this question will go a long way in figuring out what happened that night.

The way the events played out it would seem very unlikely that he had a plan in place to kill her. He had no credible alibi set up. No one, not even Josh, could be stupid enough to think that the story he gave police would deflect suspicion away from them. Looking at it this way it seems obvious that he didn’t have a plan in place and most likely killed Susan during an argument.

It is possible that he did have a plan and something went wrong. He might have chosen that night because he knew the snow would cover his tracks. While disposing of Susan’s body he got stuck in the snow. Not being able to call for a tow, for obvious reasons, he spent several hours digging himself out. When he was unable to get home before their friends and family got concerned his plan fell apart.

What do you think did he have a plan or not?

I don't think it was planned. IMO. So she went to lie down.....Jovanna leaves sometime after that. He wants to take the kids sledding and she tells him no, getting dark, too cold, whatever. A fight ensues? Gets out of hand? He injures her, chokes her? He leaves the room, gets the boys and leaves? Comes home to find her unresponsive, dead at this point? A point of no return. And thus the camping trip at 12:30 after cleaning up?

Until we hear what the lab results are on that spot of the carpet/floor that was being dried by the fans, we are left with trying to come up with a logical scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13