UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen Dr.Fessel..cannot believe they are not searching..hope they know something we don't..

Kiki! The Thanks button just wasn't enough... Tak~ Frigga

Interesting that it was not snow free in Southern Utah that night.
Snow free apparently in far-west Utah, though the park mentioned by Josh did receive some fresh snow.

ims2009340_usa.gif

ims2009341_usa.gif

ims2009342_usa.gif

I wonder if anyone is ever going to look for the poor girl in real life?

Oh c'mon, it's soooo cold. And they don't even know where to start! Give those people a break! (sarcasm of course)

Does anyone know if the Cox's went to the Powell's house to celebrate Charlie's birthday this weekend? I hope so.

This has to be a blog started by Josh's lawyer. Looking in Asia, just like Drew Petersons Lawyer did.

I'm sure Will County would be happy to make room for Josh. Maybe Drew needs a buddy to talk to.

My apologies if this sounds harsh, but this friend of Susan's...I just can't put any credence to anything she says. She may love Susan and be well meaning, which I respect her for, but not only is she sounding incredibly naive, but a wee bit dim. It's already been expressed that Susan would not leave her children...does she think Susan was magically kidnapped by a sex slavery ring from her home during the night? Kidnapped for body parts? Kidnapped and taken to Tahiti for a tan and some faith deprogramming?

I wonder if anyone is ever going to look for the poor girl in real life?

There has to be SOME specific reason why LE did not do the usual search. Searching (even in bad weather) is generally a no-brainer, and I cannot believe that LE is totally stupid. So what IS their reasoning.

Is there anyone here who has a detective friend who could shed some light on possible reasons for not searching? There have to be some facts that we're missing.

:banghead:

There has to be SOME specific reason why LE did not do the usual search. Searching (even in bad weather) is generally a no-brainer, and I cannot believe that LE is totally stupid. So what IS their reasoning.

Is there anyone here who has a detective friend who could shed some light on possible reasons for not searching? There have to be some facts that we're missing.

:banghead:

According to Mr. Cox on the website for Susan organized searches are being postponed until weather improves..."I believe that the WVPD has them (TES) in mind for when the weather improves. I know they have worked with a limited number of volunteer groups that have special training and equipment." ~Chs. Cox

Just passing along or repeating the explanation posted re official, or large-scale searches....

:parrot:

According to Mr. Cox on the website for Susan organized searches are being postponed until weather improves..."I believe that the WVPD has them (TES) in mind for when the weather improves. I know they have worked with a limited number of volunteer groups that have special training and equipment." ~Chs. Cox

Just passing along or repeating the explanation posted re official, or large-scale searches....

Every day thousands of Utahans head up to the mountains for all manner of winter sports including skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling and even ice climbing. I guess LE are waiting for the swimmers, surfers and summer picnickers to come out of their shells to do a little searching.

Every day thousands of Utahans head up to the mountains for all manner of winter sports including skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling and even ice climbing. I guess LE are waiting for the swimmers, surfers and summer picnickers to come out of their shells to do a little searching.

BBM-absolutely true!!! I am amazed at how many folks can't wait to head out to the back country when the avalanche danger is extreme.
I don't want to pick on LE, there must be a reason. But, it's maddening, isn't it?

As long as Mr. Cox and the Friends and Family of Susans Powell are alright with nobody searching why would LE feel any pressure too?

As long as Mr. Cox and the Friends and Family of Susans Powell are alright with nobody searching why would LE feel any pressure too?

Yep, I think you hit the nail on the head. There needs to be someone spearheading the volunteer search effort. LE is probably limited in what they can ask people to do for liability reasons and also they would need manpower to organize such an effort. Until someone steps up I don't see anything happening. Where to search? Well start by assuming he could go far from a road since the kids were with him and he didn't have help to carry. Also he couldn't go far "off-road" in a mini-van in the snow, not even far from a paved, plowed road. Know where the snow was and limit search to accessible areas. Also one could assume he went to a familiar area. He didn't live in Utah long so that should limit the number of areas he knows of. The geode dig area off the Pony Express Trail and Dinosaur Natl Mon area are two that have been mentioned already. Lots of people in that state have ATV's, 4-WD, snow-shoes, XC skis, etc. If Josh could get there on Dec 6/7, it can't be all that inaccessible today.

Does anyone know whether the feds are involved? That definitely seems like something that would at least make one line in the news.

I know the majority of you have your set opinions on why you think people are or are not searching and that is fine. Just putting some facts out there in case anyone wants to know...

The police ARE in fact doing physical searches. Susan's father Chuck Cox and anyone close to Susan has NEVER once asked anyone NOT to search. They have only asked that it is coordinated with police. They themselves are not organizing a large group search because they have no clue as to where to look. And they would rather use their energy, time, and resources in other ways until they know where to look. On the facebook group, they have discussions where people can post that they are ready to volunteer themselves and/or any resources they may have to help with the pshycial search once we get the go ahead from LE that there is a specific area to start searching. There are many people ready and willing to start searching once we get the green light and a specific area to searching.

Many of Susan's friends and family that live in this area have families. We are not just single people hanging out at our houses all day doing nothing. Our husbands have jobs that they have to go to every day to earn money to support their families. The wives either also have jobs or the majority of them are stay at home mothers who are taking care of their children. It is not that easy to go out in this weather and bring our little children with us to start searching snow banks and woods, especially when we may not even be looking in the right area. Once we have a place to start looking into, I am sure we will do whatever we can to get there and help with the search. Find sitters for our kids or whatever we have to do. But until then, we cannot even begin to think about going out into this cold weather with our young children and start looking through the snow.

As far as the missing fliers being translated into other languages...do you honestly think that is being done because we think Susan is in Asia? That is not it at all...

Here is the explanation on the facebook page from one of the administrators as to why that is being done:

"For those wondering why we're having Susan's "Missing" flier translated into other languages... We (English speakers) are not alone."

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_the_United_States[/ame]

There are many different languages spoken here and some don't speak english. This is intended to help spread Susan's name and picture in those communities.

I can see how all of you are frustrated and upset that Susan is still missing, that we don't have any more news, that justice has not been done yet...and you don't even know her. Try to imagine how the family and friends feel...the ones who know and love Susan. We are having a hard time with this, and if we feel like making fliers in other languages can help get her name and face out there to more people, than what is the problem? It doesn't mean we think she is in Asia, it means that we are trying to do the best we can in this hard position that we are in. We are trying to help find her. I only hope and pray that none of you have to go through something like this with someone you love in your life time.

The family and friends have never once asked people not to search, we ourselves are just not yet because of the above stated reasons. Once LE has a place to search, I can guarantee that there will be many, many people out there on day ONE looking for her. She could be anywhere in this state or the surrounding states.

And I know a lot of you think that searching, even if you are searching blindly, is better than nothing...but that is much easier said than done, especially for many of us who have small children who we cannot bring outside in this weather for hours and hours day after day.

I hope these thoughts can help even some of you better understand the very tough position we are in and try not to always jump to the most negative conclusions or worst assumptions regarding Susan's friends and family when it comes to these specific topics.

OK5~ I know I have said this to you before, but I would like to tell you again. You are an amazingly strong woman. I cannot tell you how much I respect you for coming on here and sharing your thoughts. I am certain that Susan would also be very proud of you and your actions! Stay strong! Hugs~

OH FOR PETE'S SAKE, STOP MAKING EXCUSES.

Someone in or near WVC please set up a large search.
FACE REALITY.
Animals are going to scatter her if you let her stay out there.

Get off the computer. Get the ones who cannot walk out there to watch the little ones. Take a day off. Do a weekend search.

OH FOR PETE'S SAKE, STOP MAKING EXCUSES.

Someone in or near WVC please set up a large search.
FACE REALITY.
Animals are going to scatter her if you let her stay out there.

Get off the computer. Get the ones who cannot walk out there to watch the little ones. Take a day off. Do a weekend search.

I agree! Begin with the more desolate areas near Josh and Susan's home. That's a place to start!

I agree with those who say just search ! Just search ! But the guy in charge of the site is not a rep of the family. Don't blame them. I told my Sister in Christ here in So Cal, about the lighted Christmas tree in my dining room, saying it is still lighted for Susan Powell. This lady goes to Utah each month for special Church Training, 4000 each, and her husband is a big wig in the Church. They know every detail of everybody's life. She just kept asking me "Who is Susan Powell?" I said, "Our sister in Utah who is missing !" She said " You have a sister? I said NO, OUR Sister from the Church in Utah is missing ! Then I felt like banging head !!

It would be interesting to get an idea of the number of miles of primary, secondary, and dirt roads we're talking about. The resources and skills required for the terrain, the weather, and the distances involved also make the searching more of an expedition. "Just search" sounds good, but we have often spent a full day in Utah to travel maybe 35 miles on a back road by 4WD. And that would be without actually stopping and searching the area extensively.

Wonder what JP tells his two motherless boys at the breakfast table every am...

"Well boys, we're havin pancakes again... just like the last time you saw MOMMY.

Alrighty then, let's go get in the van now... just like the last time you saw MOMMY.

Don't worry boys, Mommy's just still lost out in the woods... right where I LEFT HER."

Just trying to picture how this goes down everyday... or is Susan no longer mentioned.

That he goes on perpetuating this charade, wearing this facade of nicety and normalcy, feigning to be a 'caring' father while concealing the knowledge every moment of every waking day that he KNOWS WHERE HE DUMPED THEIR BELOVED MOTHER WHO STILL LAYS SOMEWHERE--ABANDONED--IN THE FROZEN WILDERNESS...

How in his selfish, twisted mind he goes on, hour after hour, day after day, deceiving these vulnerable boys while entitling himself to their affection and adoration in the absence of the mother they once knew and miss every day. Justifying these perpetual lies.... his whole life now nothing more than loathesome pretenses. An empty hollow shell of a man and "father" who could go on contenting himself w such a contrived existence. What shall a man give in exchange for his soul. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member