UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an aweful thing for a reporter to say!:furious:
Just to clarify-the reporter was wrapping up, just mentioning bits and pieces of what she was told by Sis and BIL.

We may not like what was said, but it wasn't the reporter's doing. I'm assuming she was just relating what was said to her by Sis and BIL in off camera chat.

Just to clarify-the reporter was wrapping up, just mentioning bits and pieces of what she was told by Sis and BIL.

We may not like what was said, but it wasn't the reporter's doing. I'm assuming she was just relating what was said to her by Sis and BIL in off camera chat.

Here is the video.

http://connect2utah.com/

Josh's sister says he plans on eventually coming back to Utah and fixing up the house and putting it on the market. What does he have to do wait six months and have her declared dead?

I still miss my Mom who died two years ago in her senior years. Susan's sons will not only miss her, but have their father's role in it to contend with for the rest of their lives. Prayers for those two little boys.

The time is coming when Josh will have to face what he has done. Don't lose faith in finding Susan. Don't stop praying whatever your religion. We are all here seeking Justice for SUSAN POWELL.

I assume they talked to Josh and he gave his blessing to decorating the house which is good when he has to clean off the stain left on the house from the purple paper.

I assume they talked to Josh and he gave his blessing to decorating the house which is good when he has to clean off the stain left on the house from the purple paper.

You know I wondered about the possibility of staining the second I saw the video. From my experience, though, sometimes things like that don't seem to always be considered in UT.
I don't know if this is done other places (I've never experienced it before living in UT) but there's something done here regularly that is so odd to us. If the neighbors have a flyer, info, anything...they tape it to the door. The actual door, not a handle or a doorbell. Drives us nuts trying to carefully extract the paper without damaging the door. It's not too bad if it's lightly applied scotch, but we've also gotten things attached with clear packing tape. Ugh.

In laymen’s terms, Criminal Defense Attorney Raymond Giudice said Josh’s story “stinks.”

“It’s not the kind of story I’d want to spin to a jury. It doesn’t make sense,” he said.

Giudice says he agrees Josh’s lawyer will have to deal with the non-cooperation issue but “his story was so bad out of the box,” he said, “there’s no way to clean it up.”

Love this one from the Levi Page Show-Experts weigh in and ask What was Josh thinking

Oh, and JMO, Josh knows how to deal with stains with the best of 'em? :p

Every realtor knows that purple ribbons and bows reminding prospective buyers that a guy killed his wife there gives a home special curb appeal.

Every realtor knows that purple ribbons and bows reminding prospective buyers that a guy killed his wife there gives a home special curb appeal.

Yep, that Josh is always thinking ahead.

I feel a new Steve Chantrey song coming on.

JOSH'S NEW BRIDE.

We pull up in front of our new house

The signs say missing spouse

I look in your eyes and say

It was a unilateral move, please stay

I carry you through the door

and ask how much do you love smores.

(second verse same as the first)

JOSH'S NEW BRIDE.

...totally ROFLMAO!!! Esp. the use of "unilateral" and that the second verse just repeats the first, ad nauseum! This guy's "music"- or should I say: MUZAK- just really, really gets under my skin. Good job, Dr. Fessel, and might I add, lovely avatar! ; )

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...ed-with-Love-Hope/OCMb3l6lekCMGIxIS3B0mw.cspx

Susan Powell's Home Decorated with Love & Hope

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) Family, friends and neighbors create a message of hope and love in the front yard of Susan and Josh Powell's West Valley home.

The signs come in different sizes and colors, but if you ask her friends, the message on all of them is the same. Kiirsi Hellewell says, "Most people say there is no hope and all they're going to find is a body. While I know that's most likely, as her friends and family we can not give up hope that she is still alive somewhere." Most would say the odds are against that, but friends say that is all they have so they can’t let go of it yet. In fact, family friend John Hellewell says, "I still hope that we will find Susan and she'll be ok.” And when I asked him if he really believed that, he simply said, “I think I have to believe that or otherwise what is the point."

The decorating party - that is covering the house with purple hearts and signs includes Susan's brother and sister in law Kirk and Jennifer Graves. Jennifer says a lot of purple is being used to honor her because "Susan's favorite color was purple.”

Susan’s friends say, while being at the place where she disappeared in December isn't easy, it's better than doing nothing. JoVonna Owings says, “I think it is harder to not do something. I had about two weeks off. I thought I needed that two weeks off, but sitting there not doing anything - I think that was harder."

Of course, the hardest part is not knowing what happened to Susan and not knowing where she is today. But those unanswered questions are on hold. Today, as Susan’s sister-in-law told us, is all about love and hope. "We'll keep hoping, we'll keep praying and we'll keep trying."

We contacted West Valley police today for an update into the investigation, but our calls were not returned. Neighbors did tell us that the family van and Josh Powell’s motorcycle and trailer are still at the home and they expect him to come back and get all of them. They also say Josh plans to rent out the house in the near future.

(Serious financial problems but he still has his motorcycle? That says a lot without saying a word.)

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...ed-with-Love-Hope/OCMb3l6lekCMGIxIS3B0mw.cspx

Susan Powell's Home Decorated with Love & Hope

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) Family, friends and neighbors create a message of hope and love in the front yard of Susan and Josh Powell's West Valley home.

The signs come in different sizes and colors, but if you ask her friends, the message on all of them is the same. Kiirsi Hellewell says, "Most people say there is no hope and all they're going to find is a body. While I know that's most likely, as her friends and family we can not give up hope that she is still alive somewhere." Most would say the odds are against that, but friends say that is all they have so they can’t let go of it yet. In fact, family friend John Hellewell says, "I still hope that we will find Susan and she'll be ok.” And when I asked him if he really believed that, he simply said, “I think I have to believe that or otherwise what is the point."

The decorating party - that is covering the house with purple hearts and signs includes Susan's brother and sister in law Kirk and Jennifer Graves. Jennifer says a lot of purple is being used to honor her because "Susan's favorite color was purple.”

Susan’s friends say, while being at the place where she disappeared in December isn't easy, it's better than doing nothing. JoVonna Owings says, “I think it is harder to not do something. I had about two weeks off. I thought I needed that two weeks off, but sitting there not doing anything - I think that was harder."

Of course, the hardest part is not knowing what happened to Susan and not knowing where she is today. But those unanswered questions are on hold. Today, as Susan’s sister-in-law told us, is all about love and hope. "We'll keep hoping, we'll keep praying and we'll keep trying."

We contacted West Valley police today for an update into the investigation, but our calls were not returned. Neighbors did tell us that the family van and Josh Powell’s motorcycle and trailer are still at the home and they expect him to come back and get all of them. They also say Josh plans to rent out the house in the near future.

(Serious financial problems but he still has his motorcycle? That says a lot without saying a word.)

BBM..Yep. Guess we all have priorities. Keeping the motorcycle and trailer safe is important to him. He'll be back to get THEM.
Searching for a spouse? Gosh, that's the job of LE.

JOSH'S NEW BRIDE.

That was good,,,,lol

Dr.Fessel, you are a really good love song writer. Please give us another clever verse.

OK5 since the goal right now is to keep getting Susan's picture out there, how about making up t-shirts with her face on and selling them, also maybe the cloth shopping bags that are so popular now. Buttons also, sell at a profit where everyone knows the money made is going towards a find Susan fund. Bake sales, craft sales etc can be held. I would be more than willing to help with something down here.

VB

What makes anyone think there is no outrage or anger coming from us that know her? Just because it isn't being filmed on camera for the 5pm news for everyone to see does not mean its not there.

And there are many other things that we are working on. We are trying to come up with fund raising tactics to help with the search for susan and to help the Cox family with the important things they may need like traveling, lodging, possible future attorney fees, etc. We are trying to come up with good ways to keep Susan's face and name in the news as it has kind of died out lately with nothing new for the media to report.

It is so frustrating that we are at a standstill right now and have no news regarding this. I really hope there is a break in the case soon.

I know that Susan's friends need and really want to keep hope alive but as many have pointed out, IMO justice for Susan will come when she is found and I think the key to finding her is not necessarily having HER face out there, but rather, the face of josh and a photo of his van. Putting such a poster at truck stops, in both English and Spanish may be helpful, or even on a huge sign near a freeway, or one or two, leading out of town.
There may have been someone, late at night, who saw something and just needs their memory jogged. Some of those people may be Spanish speakers who are not as aware of this case, so perhaps an article or an ad in a Spanish-language periodical in Utah may help and/or in the surrounding states. (Lots of truckers are Spanish-speaking).
This all costs money but perhaps fund-raising could help with costs.
I know it's a delicate balance for the friends and family who are reasonably wary about pointing the finger directly at Josh. They likely don't want to completely alienate him in the hopes he may talk, whether accidentally or not, and of course, so they can maintain access to the precious boys. What a nightmare!
I for one trust that LE knows what they are doing in this case and that they are working extremely hard to find poor Susan. There's no reason IMO to second guess them or Susan's friends and family at this point. I hope answers come soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214