VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They NEED to find this girl!!!!!! This is scary and also, I'm now wondering if the reason the FBI descended on the area is because this suspected this was a serial killer they had been tracking? Also, do they know how she was abducted? They have to have a reason to suspect this. Was she run off the road, or did he follow her to Charlottesville? Sorry, I don't have TV. Just too creepy for words.

When there is a kidnapping the FBI will come at the request of the PD. This place has a tiny police department, imo they called them in right away.

Has anybody been generous enough to create a map? I'm lost in terms of location reference points

Can people please start calling the Laura Recovery Center to ask them for help to search for Alexis Murphy. Phone: 281-482-5723. They came down to Charlottesville, Va and helped search for Morgan Harrington.

Can people please start calling the Laura Recovery Center to ask them for help to search for Alexis Murphy. Phone: 281-482-5723. They came down to Charlottesville, Va and helped search for Morgan Harrington.

Has it been reported that the police are welcoming help with searches?

i'm wondering if he might have a hiding place where he has put all of his (IMO) suspected kidnapping victims? like -- if he's done it before and his victims haven't been discovered, maybe he'd keep using the same hiding place?

since last night's arrest, this case has made me think of israel keyes. i just hope that he doesn't take the same way out as israel and i hope all of these families are able to get answers and some form of justice if he's responsible for any of them.

LE seems to be doing a great job on this case! kudos to them!

I don't know what the heck the Bedford Informer is supposed to be, but they can't even be bothered to register "bedfordinformer.com" and they appear to have no presence except social media.

I live in Bedford County and if there's somebody out there that is keeping us informed then I'm behind them 100% whoever they are!!

Has it been reported that the police are welcoming help with searches?

I think at this point they would accept any help they could get. They came down with Morgan Harrington early on I thought. They have a lot of terrain to cover. If they were using boy scouts volunteers why would they not accept the help of a nationally recognized search party?

I see a distinct horizontal line at the nasal bridge on all three pics

Alicia_showalter_reynolds2_killer.jpg

BReUHAOCUAAsG1P.jpg:large

<modsnip>

The dates are skewed in the bottom pics information, but my thoughts are that it was taken when the man was 42 ie six years ago. The 2013 'Date Confined: 5/08/2013' could be a historical crime. It could also point to the FBI involvement early in the case.
It is going to be very interesting in due course to see how this guy has aged over the years.
I could be wrong about the bottom one so just my opinion. I really wanted to highlight the distinctive horzontal frown line in all three photos.

Also. The tat was really black in his pics circa 2010/2011 so it must have been quite fresh at the time, as his most recent mugshot shows it has faded remarkably. Cheap tattoo. Wonder what it depicts?

Is that bottom pic one of RT?

they will be releasing a flier with his picture and pictures of his car after the presser

Geez you would think they would have had a picture of his truck ready for the presser, idk but it would take two seconds to do.

Parker Slaybaugh &#8207;@ParkerABC13 2m
If you have seen this truck within the past week the Nelson County Sheriff's Office needs to hear from you! Call... http://fb.me/1Hh6c5htX

972116_304359669709062_665021521_n.jpg

i have a question... without having found Alexis yet... they must have some sort of actual physical evidence in order to be able arrest RAT, correct? I mean other then his past, other then him pumping gas near her... other then her phone pinging last along the road in the general vicinity of his house.. all telling, but not definitive... so, they must have some heavy, real evidence on him that can lead to an actual charge of abduction... like him in her car, or her phone in his possession, etc.. that they are just not sharing, in order to actually charge him, correct? trying to absorb the facts side of it all... since the emotional side is to overwhelming for me right now

http://www.readthehook.com/85777/co...showalter-reynolds-fall-and-rise-darrell-rice

"As soon as Alicia's disappearance was announced, calls began flooding Virginia State Police headquarters in Culpeper from other women reporting that they too had been stopped along Route 29, usually in the Culpeper area, by a man in a pickup who would flash his lights and gesture. If the woman pulled over, he would park nearby and tell her that something was wrong with her car– usually, that sparks were coming from underneath. Then, saying it wouldn't be safe for her to drive, he would offer a ride."

That article was interesting. I had never read it. IMO Rice looks nothing like the sketch though.

It looks like a family member has to contact the Laura Recovery Center and ask for help. I am in contact with one and I passed the information on.

I don't think this guy owns any land where he could keep her alive. He complained about losing his trailer in one article I read, due to the police harassment thing. If he did own land, surely LE would know about it, they have been looking at this guy for a while, and probably following him for days now. I doubt she was alive more than a few hours at most.

In the SC case, it came out that RAT took people to a 'caravan by a lake' which was his getaway place. I'm sure this came from one of the younger guys Taylor was frequenting with at the time. Two early twenty guys that worked with RAT.

I found another set of sketches for the R29 abductor that was released at the time ....

news-poster.jpg

** Link **

I don't see LE letting anyone else in there, this is still early in the investigation and they are collecting evidence. jmo

@jelly - those perp sketches don't resemble RAT IMO. :/ The one on the bottom right does but not the top three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220