VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We also need to keep in mind the how - how did he do it? LE said that he left behind Alexis in his truck. How did he get her to stop? Sounds like he did so in similar fashion as the route 29 stalker. I will not be surprised if that suburban has emergency lights of some sort rigged to it.

@tootsiepop, Well, that's the thing. I don't see how it happened. there's only ONE way to get out of the gas station, a stop light. You go left NORTH Chville, right SOUTH Lynchburg, there's no third option. Where they're looking for Alexis is LEFT/North in the Chville direction. So, did he follow her south? If so, why aren't LE looking south? If he followed her south, where did this fateful encounter take place that would have him kick around and go north, and ultimately end up in Charlottesville near her job? I'm no legal expert, but seems to me that there's also a reason he's being held in Albemarle, where Charlottesville is located.

Correction: the third option actually is to go straight, which takes you through the minute town of Lovingston and back there's a turn off in town to Shipman, where the poor girl lived.

The OP had one sentence that he hopes LE talks to RAT's son. Makes sense and I agree. jmo

We also need to keep in mind the how - how did he do it? LE said that he left behind Alexis in his truck. How did he get her to stop? Sounds like he did so in similar fashion as the route 29 stalker. I will not be surprised if that suburban has emergency lights of some sort rigged to it.
There are yellow lights across the top of his vehicle and it has the tall antennas. I'm sure you are right that he flashed those to make her stop.

There definitely is a spotlight on the front of the car near the driver's side mirror (I can't remember what those things are called for some reason)

I hadn't heard this detail. Do share if you care to, I don't have TV.

@tootsiepop, Well, that's the thing. I don't see how it happened. there's only ONE way to get out of the gas station, a stop light. You go left NORTH Chville, right SOUTH Lynchburg, there's no third option. Where they're looking for Alexis is LEFT/North in the Chville direction. So, did he follow her south? If so, why aren't LE looking south? If he followed her south, where did this fateful encounter take place that would have him kick around and go north, and ultimately end up in Charlottesville near her job? I'm no legal expert, but seems to me that there's also a reason he's being held in Albemarle, where Charlottesville is located.

He's being held in Charlottesville because Albemarle and Nelson counties share a jail, IIRC. They are likely better equipped as well.

If she went South, he would still have kicked around and gone north because that's where he lives.

I feel that he took the car to Charlottesville because A) he knows the area and B) he didn't want it anywhere near his place.

I hadn't heard this detail. Do share if you care to, I don't have TV.

It's a few pages back in the thread. Either LE stated directly, or a source quoted LE as saying, that he followed her out of the Liberty in his Suburban.

there is the possibility he's using fake police lights to get women to pull over.

LE is possibly hoping that anyone noticing his truck in different locations, will present them with other areas to search for her. They haven't found clues as to her location on his property or the surrounding woods yet. If someone could ID his vehicle as being in an unusual or suspicious place, or parked somewhere where it may have stood out, that could be huge. I fear that they are doing this the 'hard' way as he won't say a word.

The family seemed even more distraught today than last night when they found out RAT was apprehended, AND that she hadn't been located. I'm wondering if they have learned of the Clark case today, and are now fearing the absolute worst.

This, or the family is privy to information that is being withheld from the public at this time. Maybe something was found in his vehicle. It's a central part of the case.

I am still thinking it was her that was seen driving on Cannery Loop. She might have tried to turn around and go home and she turned down another street to try to lose him, which was Cannery loop. I guess we have to get in the mind of a frightened 17 year old. JMO.

21oopdx.jpg

Another person mentioned earlier that she seemed tense in the photos maybe she was spooked by the guy when she saw him. I know he would have scared me. Again, JMO.

there is the possibility he's using fake police lights to get women to pull over.

Yep. And he may have even rigged four way flashing headlights and a siren to his truck. You can get those things out of a JC Whitney catalog or even at a Harbor Freight.

Correction: the third option actually is to go straight, which takes you through the minute town of Lovingston and back there's a turn off in town to Shipman, where the poor girl lived.

I get what you're saying, BUT, which way is perp's house from that light, north or south? Just trying to determine how close/where his house is in reference to the last sighting at the store where she was seen talking to a man, kwim?

They could have enough evidence to prove RAT dropped the car where it was found, which could lead to charges in that county for car theft. IMO, they have enough proof to charge him for abduction, BUT, they are still sifting thru the evidence so they could be placing him where he is most secure & where they have the most evidence so far. Does that make sense, lol

Ok, I loved unsolved mysteries as a kid. That's where I saw the segment about the Route 29 stalker. Scared me to death!! UM is how I got started on loving true crime. I also dont pull over for nobody because of what happened to Alicia Reynolds.

I am hoping this guy is the route 29 stalker. This has haunted me for years.

O/T Tonto I love that you say cat. Everytime I read your posts I feel like my Aunt is talking to me.

If he took the car to Charlottesville, how did he either:
a.) Get back when he dropped her car off?

or assuming he left his truck there preparing to come there, to drive his truck back ...

b.) Get to where she was, to get her car? (if his truck was at the parking lot)

Could there be a third party involved?

BTW this is my first post to this site, I just found it today and have been wanting to answer posts all day. Thanks for having me! :fence:

There definitely is a spotlight on the front of the car near the driver's side mirror (I can't remember what those things are called for some reason)
Put a red lens on that, it'd make someone stop. It'd make me stop.

If he took the car to Charlottesville, how did he either:
a.) Get back when he dropped her car off?

or assuming he left his truck there preparing to come there, to drive his truck back ...

b.) Get to where she was, to get her car? (if his truck was at the parking lot)

Could there be a third party involved?

BTW this is my first post to this site, I just found it today and have been wanting to answer posts all day. Thanks for having me! :fence:

He was a repo man. I'm betting it was towed there in some fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo