VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have spent today very thankful that I do not presently own a gun. I cannot fathom that this person is allowed to breathe the same air that my daughters breathe. I have hunted. I grew up in a family that hunted to put food on the table. I know what it is like to take life, at least non-human animal life. Despite this, I know in my very marrow that I would not have any qualms voting to end this man's life or even being the person to end it.

Does that make me a monster, too, I wonder?

Some things I need to list that I have noticed. Forgive me if they have already been noted. I am 10 pages behind.

The Truck: He has a Black spotlight on the driver's side near the corner of the windshield. The front license plate is either not present or has one of those, now illegal, covers over it which prevent them from showing up on things like red light cameras.

The updated 29 Stalker Sketch: Looks almost like they took it from some cctv camera.

I think Rat Changes his appearance, hair color at random, his facial hair, and those tats seem like they can be hidden if he wears a collar.

About the similarities in the color sketch of the 29 Stalker:
Eyebrows-yes slant downward on the outside
Eyes - yes narrow but wide
Hairline when longer hair - yes
Ears- Position YES!!!
Nose - YES!!! Bigger nostril on left side of face, pointed tip, Horizontal Line on Briidge of nose- YES!!! And the folds on the sides of the nose
Cheeks/Cheekbones -YES!!! sunken and folded
Lips: YES!!! they go down at the corners
BUT THE NECK!!! YES!!!! look at the shape, specifically, from the chin down to the collar bones. It has an odd vertical swollen affect to it in both his mugshots and in the 29 Stalker SKETCH/

Now re: the 2005 rape sketch...He is dark enough to be mistaken for a dark race in that highly charged moment (she was raped and practically beaten to death) and extremely dark area near the pool house @ Orchard something or other apartments on Jermantowne Rd.

He,IMO, looks like that sketch too. That guy has never been described as AA by any LE department. He has that horizontal fold at brige of nose and the angled vertical crease above the inside corner of his eyes...just like that sketch. And although that sketch shows a thicker bottom lip, The slant at the corners is still there. Also, I noticed that in recent mug shots he sucks in his bottom lip which makes it appear smaller.

Given we know RAT abducted Alexis we can now definitely consider him in the Cassandra Morton case!!!! People dismissed a connection between the suspect in Morgan H, Sam Clark because they were fair haired and blue eyed BUT, IMO, RAT doesn't have a type.

From experience I,have seen many "lovely" girls wracked with body dysmorphic disorder...

I tend to think the media's constant adoration of people who are thin is part of the,cause...

but I saw,it run rampant at the end of HS and it went up a notch in college...

Obstacles include people who do not want to recognize it... Saying,"Oh... But she has no need to worry!..etc."

I am not saying Alexis is haunted by this disorder... But I feel it needs to be accepted as a true disorder... And not labeled in a negative light...nor pushed under the rug....

Hope this makes sense....

I agree with what you have said. It needs to be recognized. Definitely not labeled in a negative light, I didn't mean to make it seem like that and apologize if it seemed that way. I had a friend in HS who suffered, it was heartbreaking.

Moo

I don't know much about abnormal psychology but I think every state has a few serial killers operating at the same time, and that's what confuses people. Fortunately, these days there are various technologies to ID different people. In areas where there's wide open rural communities, yet, those communities are fairly diverse (people from everywhere, all walks of life just like the big city), like in CA, TX and VA, it just goes with the territory. In this state, there was this character and obviously, there's one who's black/biracial out there as well.

This article from the Hook has detailed information about the Route 29 stalker incidents that ended with Alicia Reynolds' death. It includes a map with all the reported encounters and photos of the suspect in those cases.

http://www.readthehook.com/85777/co...showalter-reynolds-fall-and-rise-darrell-rice

Darrell David Rice was not the person who kidnapped and killed Alicia, and Shomo probably ID's the wrong person in her testimony at his trial, IMO. Neck tat cat lived in the same rural area (Lignum) Alicia was found in fer chrissakes, and he has been around Culpeper county, Hwy 29, and the greater Charlottesville area all of his life (until he moved to Lovingston, which is still on 29).

If I were a betting man, I'd bet the farm that he is the 29 stalker.

I agree with what you have said. It needs to be recognized. Definitely not labeled in a negative light, I didn't mean to make it seem like that and apologize if it seemed that way. I had a friend in HS who suffered, it was heartbreaking.

Moo

I am sorry Rayne... I was afraid my post sounded that way after I pushed enter...

I was really agreeing with you! And just expanding on it!

:seeya:

I have spent today very thankful that I do not presently own a gun. I cannot fathom that this person is allowed to breathe the same air that my daughters breathe. I have hunted. I grew up in a family that hunted to put food on the table. I know what it is like to take life, at least non-human animal life. Despite this, I know in my very marrow that I would not have any qualms voting to end this man's life or even being the person to end it.

Does that make me a monster, too, I wonder?

I've had the same feeling with many cases. In particular, the case of Alanna Gallagher. It's an emotional response. Learning to control emotions is a part of maturity. This kind of anger is often new to people, and they struggle with how to deal with it. I keep a scoreboard in my mind. And when the bad guys score a run, I make sure the good guys score a bunch. I spend more time with my kids, help people who need it, volunteer in my community and set a good example by being a role model for people I know. That helps me deal with the grief and anger. It's a really healthy approach, too. It's the kind of resolve this country showed after 9-11.

Someone asked what the white stuff was in one of the photos.

I'm guessing it's snow since the image looks like it is from winter.

I've had the same feeling with many cases. In particular, the case of Alanna Gallagher. It's an emotional response. Learning to control emotions is a part of maturity. This kind of anger is often new to people, and they struggle with how to deal with it. I keep a scoreboard in my mind. And when the bad guys score a run, I make sure the good guys score a bunch. I spend more time with my kids, help people who need it, volunteer in my community and set a good example by being a role model for people I know. That helps me deal with the grief and anger. It's a really healthy approach, too. It's the kind of resolve this country showed after 9-11.

Fabulous, thoughtful post......:rockon:

Thank you for these kind and thoughtful words. The reason for my query is actually the lack of emotion. I used to say, when my daughters were children, that I would do anything to protect them. That was definitely an emotional response. What I feel now is more like a slow burn that results in calm acceptance of the fact that I could, in certain circumstances, end a human life. Yet I am humbled by this.

I dedicate time, energy, and resources to volunteer work and trying to pay it forward. I try to model the behavior that corresponds with my own moral code. Despite this, as far as the scoreboard...I am concerned that the "bad guys" are winning too many battles in America, in the world. Ironically, at least to some more liberal minded (and maybe even to me), my calm willingness to eliminate those "bad guys" actually places me closer to them, psychologically.

No one said life was fair or easy.

Also, you can tell race by the DNA so I would take Morgan out of the list.
Unless it's possible for a man who looks "white" to have African American DNA. I had a lot of mixed race friends growing up, some looked like a combo of parents, some looked like one or the other. I have to wonder if one of my friends, who had an AA father and a "white" mother and who had no AA features, would still come up as AA for DNA? You would think so.

Just thinking out loud again....

Here is the way I see this going down:

Alexis pulls into the gas station.
She goes in and pays cash for gas and perhaps a snack.
She goes back and begins to pump her gas.
Neck tat cat walks up to her and tells her that he was behind her and saw sparks coming from under her car and that it looked serious.
He tells her that he will follow her out to see if the sparks continue, and will flash his lights at her if he sees anything.
He tells her to go north because he lives just a mile or so up the road.
She agrees and doesn't perceive him as a threat because he is so local.
As they drive up the road, he flashes his lights to let her know her car is still sparking.
He goes around her and motions for her to follow.
He pulls in his driveway and she pulls in afterward.
Bad things happen.

I am sorry Rayne... I was afraid my post sounded that way after I pushed enter...

I was really agreeing with you! And just expanding on it!

:seeya:

No need to apologize, I wasn't 100% sure how you meant it, so I thought I'd err on the side of caution and apologize. It's all good

I have had a life-long interest in the 29 stalker cases and how, if at all, they were related to the Shenandoah national park cases and the Lisk girls' murders in Fredericksburg, Va.

I grew up in Fburg and the Lisk girls along with Sofia Silvia's murder haunted me. Richard Evonitz was charged in those three murders along with another one in S. Carolina.

This is a great article talking about all of these cases and how they might or might not interconnect : http://fredericksburg.com/News/Web/2007/112007/29/chapter4/index_html?page=1

I used to drive 29 back and forth every weekend. All these 29 murders were happening then. After I graduated I moved to a Mennonite community in Iowa. It was there that I heard about the abduction and murder of Alicia Showalter. She was a young, newly married Mennonite girl in graduate school at John Hopkins. Mennonites are a tight group and every community has family members from other communities. It was crazy to have moved away from the C-ville area and then have a victim be someone so closely connected to my new home and new life!

I was leaning towards Evonitz being the 29 stalker. He's dead now. I guess this RAT could be him or just another copycat creeper. But the above article is really interesting. JMO

Ok, actually I am not a total newbie. Use to post a LONG time ago under another user name that I couldn't for the life of me remember. :seeya:

Anyway...this case has hit me strongly for some reason. Could be the fact that my daughter lives about 45 minutes away from the scene and myself about 2+ hours. I've driven that stretch of 29 myself on a number of occasions. My heart breaks for Alexis and her family. I hope they find her alive and safe but it's hard to hold out hope when they arrest a suspect and don't find the victim.

A few thoughts.

1. Several have said he may have lured her by saying something was wrong with her car. Seems a likely scenario but I'm not so sure. Anyone who has looked at her twitter feed knows that she was on her phone almost constantly. I would question that she'd just follow a stranger without texting someone, tweeting something, or calling someone. I know teens can be rather naive but it's just hard to imagine her being so trusting of some creepy dude like this. I think he got to her some other way. I could be wrong, but I don't see her just following him. I think she'd have called family or someone and told them.

2. Someone said on the previous thread that his vehicle is certainly one that couldn't be missed. Not in this neck of the woods. I wouldn't give a vehicle like that a second glance because people around here drive all kinds of odd vehicles. As soon as I saw it I thought "I've seen that vehicle or something similar" and I don't even live in Nelson county. Nobody would think twice about the spot light either. Creepy if you ask me but not unusual in these parts.

3. The camper. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a meth lab or something of the sort. We had a house not from from us busted for cooking meth. They had a camper back in the woods. Always freaked me out to see it back there when I took a walk.

4. Someone mentioned him not "owning" property. I don't think that's significant. It is very possible he knew his way around in the woods and mountains behind the house he was renting. There is nothing back there. Nothing but woods and mountains. It's pretty secluded. This is going to be a hell of a search if he doesn't own up. We've had a very wet summer so foliage is thick, thick, thick. It makes me sick to my stomach to think of it.

5. Is he the RT 29 stalker? That was one of my first thoughts. He knows the area, he's been in the area all up and down 29. I think it is very possible they will connect him to a number of crimes if the cards are played right.

Above all...I hope and pray Alexis is alive and they find her soon. My heart is just breaking over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopE