VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #2 - ***READ FIRST POST***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be nothing but was just reading some of the comments on the article about the young lady who fell overboard recently on Royal Caribbean cruise.

It's a silly comment by Idi Amin (obviously not a real name) but I was surprised to see reference to "Amy" considering this case is 14 years old and hasn't been in the media in years. It's a spotlight case here but not sure how many are still following it outside of WS. There is no mention of Amy in the article either.

Perhaps the latest case brought back people's memories and someone decided to post the comment. IDK

Anyway, like I said, it could be nothing and I'm just sensitive when it comes to any reference to "Amy".

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/17/travel/cruise-passenger-overboard/index.html#cnn-disqus-area

This may be nothing but was just reading some of the comments on the article about the young lady who fell overboard recently on Royal Caribbean cruise.

It's a silly comment by Idi Amin (obviously not a real name) but I was surprised to see reference to "Amy" considering this case is 14 years old and hasn't been in the media in years. It's a spotlight case here but not sure how many are still following it outside of WS. There is no mention of Amy in the article either.

Perhaps the latest case brought back people's memories and someone decided to post the comment. IDK

Anyway, like I said, it could be nothing and I'm just sensitive when it comes to any reference to "Amy".

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/17/travel/cruise-passenger-overboard/index.html#cnn-disqus-area

FWIW, DC is an employee on Allure. I knew the ship's name was familiar.

It would be wonderful if Iva or one of the Bradley's could join our forum to set us straight on so many details.

We might actually be able to help them find Amy. :(

pc30.gif
Welcome Amy's thread to the Parking Lot!

Can someone please point me to the pic of the girls from the sex tourist vid .. the one where it shows the bunk beds on the right hand side of the pic. I've spent over an hour looking and can't find it. I need to compare it to something.

Please and Thanks !!!

Who has access to the parking lot?

only registered users have access if you are not a registered user and come on websleuths as a guest no sign in you will not even see the parking lot section its a private section and only those who are logged in can see it

I too have been quite confused about the Curacao versus Puerto Rico thing. I mean, this is straight from the AmyBradley.net website on the page explaining the lawsuit filed by the Bradley's attorneys. It states she was removed from the ship after it docked in Puerto Rico then shoved into a waiting taxi.

I asked the verified insider about this, earlier in the thread - she said this sighting was discounted. However, she suggested it might be discounted because the witness failed to notice that Amy had no shoes on. I don't see that as a 'reason' to discount - the abductor could easily have forced Amy to put shoes on.

One aspect that I've always found puzzling is the law suit; specifically, the cruise line's defence that numerous witnesses have seen Amy living freely.

Surely for a judge to dismiss the suit, the cruise line had to provide names and contact details for at least some of these 'witnesses'???

Wouldn't it be helpful to know who they are and what they are claiming to have seen with regard to Amy?

I don't believe for a second that Amy willingly left that ship and just abandoned her family; it doesn't make sense and none of the facts support this notion. However, as someone else mentioned, after years of being a captive, could she have experienced Stockholm Syndrome - and if so could this account for ANY of the 'witnesses' provided by the cruise line?

Can someone please point me to the pic of the girls from the sex tourist vid .. the one where it shows the bunk beds on the right hand side of the pic. I've spent over an hour looking and can't find it. I need to compare it to something.

Please and Thanks !!!

Hi SB,

Here is the link for the video - I moved it to a private area on Youtube. The intent was not to hide it from WS members. It was moved as there was some you-tubers subscribing to my personal YouTube channel which made me a bit uncomfortable. The video starts at about the 3:40 mark.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF28-o1UQHI"]AAV documentary Venezuela - YouTube[/ame]

eleph

One aspect that I've always found puzzling is the law suit; specifically, the cruise line's defence that numerous witnesses have seen Amy living freely.

Surely for a judge to dismiss the suit, the cruise line had to provide names and contact details for at least some of these 'witnesses'???

Wouldn't it be helpful to know who they are and what they are claiming to have seen with regard to Amy?

I don't believe for a second that Amy willingly left that ship and just abandoned her family; it doesn't make sense and none of the facts support this notion. However, as someone else mentioned, after years of being a captive, could she have experienced Stockholm Syndrome - and if so could this account for ANY of the 'witnesses' provided by the cruise line?

If Amy believes her family's lives would be at risk, maybe she has resigned herself to living the life she's living. :(

Found some old reports ..

April 17, 1998 *
President Bill Clinton *
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, D.C. *20500 *
Dear Mr. President, *
*Because you are the most powerful man in the World and the father of
a 19 year old daughter, we are writing today to appeal for your help.
We are certain that you will understand our unimaginable terror
concerning the following. *
*Our 23 year old daughter, Amy Lynn Bradley, vanished from the cruise
ship "Rhapsody of the Seas" in the early morning hours of March 24,
1998. *We were on a family vacation along with our 21 year old son,
Brad. *The last three weeks have been a frantic nightmare for our
entire family. *
*Amy was last seen at approximately 5:00 a.m. sleeping on our balcony.
When we awoke at 6:15 a.m., she was gone along with her cigarettes and
lighter. *

At that time we were approaching the island of Curacao. *After
searching for her and having her paged, we realized that something was
very wrong and reported her missing. *We were told that the ship was
being searched, by the crew members. *However, since then we have
learned that the extent of the search of the ship conducted in that
critical period was completely inadequate.
*We pleaded with the
Captain to distribute a picture of Amy and *
to notify the other passengers of her disappearance, but we were told
that the other passengers could not be disturbed. *That afternoon the
Captain told us "your daughter is not on this ship". We then asked if
he was absolutely, positively certain that she was not on the ship,
and he said "yes". *Totally devastated, we then left the ship and the
ship sailed on *
time at 6:30 p.m. *Mr. President, we now realize that the Captain did
not and could never have completely searched that ship in that amount
of time. *

By not conducting a thorough search and allowing the ship to sail on
schedule that afternoon we feel that the Captain's decisions may have
put Amy's life in jeopardy! *

*Meanwhile, our family in Virginia was desperately calling anyone they
thought might be able to help, including Congressmen, newspapers, FBI
agencies in San Juan, Barbados and St. Maarten. *The FBI then put
together a team and boarded the ship when it docked 2 days later on
Thursday in St. Maarten. *We also flew from Curacao to St. Maarten and
reboarded the ship, however, we were terrified at having lost 48
hours!

*The FBI investigation is ongoing, however we have not heard any news
to date. *
*This incident happened in international waters and we feel that we
have no rights! *We have many concerns about the cruise line, the
Captain and the crew members. *We have learned some shocking things
through e-mails, phone calls and other correspondence. *

*Mr. President, we need your help. *With all of the abductions and
disappearances in South America and in that part of the world, I'm
sure you can understand our fears. *I am also appealing for help to
the Secretary of State, Madeleine K. Albright and to our Virginia
representatives, Governor *James Gilmore, *Congressmen Tom Bliley and
Norman Sisisky and Senators JohnWarner and Charles Robb. *
*As a United States citizen, Amy deserves more! *These ships sail from
American soil. *We have not heard from the cruise line in any way,
shape or form since March 24, 1998. *The Captain of the ship never one
time expressed *any compassion towards us in any way and we feel that
he lied to us concerning "searching" the ship. *He allowed passengers
to come and go all day and we believe cargo as well, *to leave the
ship after we notified him *
at 7:00 a.m.and then proceeded to leave on schedule that evening. *We
are outraged! *It was obvious that his concern was not disturbing his
passengers and we feel that his behavior was unconscionable! *
*We are pleading for your help in this devastating situation. *We want
our *Amy back! *Thank you for listening to our appeal. *We can be
reached at *Amy's Hot Line (804) 276-8503, or our home (804) 276-2204
or fax (804) 745-6133. *Amy's website is: http://www.curanow.com/amy/.

If you have any questions or need any additional information we will
forward it to you. *
*Please help us find Amy! *Time is of the essence! *Thank you again! *

Sincerely, *

Ron and Iva Bradley *
4340 Roundhill Drive
Chestefield, Virginia *23832 *

cc: Secretary of State Madeleine K. Albright *
*Governor James S. Gilmore, III *
*Congressman Tom Bliley *
*Congressman Norman Sisisky *
*Senator John Warner *
*Senator Charles S. Robb

CRUISE NEWS - CRUISE LINKS - PHOTOS
http://pages.prodigy.net/georgehny

Cruise line ends private search for lost passenger
8.18 p.m. ET (119 GMT) March 29, 1998
By Chris Hawley, Associated Press

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines said Sunday it has
ended its search for a Virginia woman who disappeared from a cruise liner
near Curacao on Tuesday.
The company had chartered a boat to continue looking for 23-year-old Amy
Bradley after the Netherlands Antilles Coast Guard ended a four-day search
on Friday.
"We're just hopeful that we can put a closure to this, that either her body
will be found or she will be found,'' Royal Caribbean spokesman Rich Steck
said Sunday.

Bradley, of Chesterfield County, a Richmond suburb, disappeared from the
private balcony of the eighth-deck cabin she was sharing with her family on
the Rhapsody of the Seas cruise liner. Authorities fear she fell overboard,
but family members believe she was kidnapped.
FBI agents with trained dogs searched the ship Friday and Saturday but
turned up no trace of Bradley, FBI spokeswoman Sara Lema told television
reporters Saturday.
The agents took deck furniture and other objects from the cabin for testing,
Steck said.

FBI officials and family members said they have received no ransom demands.

Bradley disappeared from the Rhapsody of the Seas as the ship approached
Curacao, a Dutch Caribbean island about 40 miles north of Venezuela.
She was last seen by her father, Ronald Bradley, on the balcony at about
4:30 a.m. Tuesday. She was dozing on a deck chair with the balcony's sliding
glass door closed, he said.
Family members said the door to the balcony was open when they awoke a few
hours later, suggesting Amy came inside. They believe she left the cabin and
was kidnapped somewhere on the ship.
"You do not just fall off a cruise ship,'' said Marianne Noblin, Amy's aunt.
"She did not commit suicide. There was foul play here.''
On Saturday, family members returned home on a private jet sent by the
insurance company that employs Ronald Bradley. The family had been on the
cruise with other company employees.

The family's neighbors in Chesterfield County have decorated their homes
with yellow ribbons, a symbol of sympathy for missing people, Noblin said.

People Magazine 2001

Amy Bradley , 23

Five months after she disappeared from the balcony of a cruise ship, a reported sighting gives her family hope

Iva Bradley delighted in the way other passengers on the Norwegian-registered cruise ship Rhapsody of the Seas reacted to her vivacious daughter Amy, then 23. "I remember watching people watch her admiringly," she says, "I felt proud."

Now she is convinced that at least one of those admirers got too close. At 1:30 a.m. on March 24, 1998, Iva and her husband, Ron, 49, an insurance executive, retired to the eighth-deck cabin the family shared, leaving Amy and her brother Brad, then 21, at a calypso party. Four hours later Ron woke briefly and noticed Amy resting on a lounge chair on their cabin's private balcony. When he stirred again at 6 a.m., she was gone, along with her cigarettes and lighter. He and his wife immediately reported Amy missing and pleaded in vain with the crew to keep the other passengers from leaving the ship when it docked that morning at the Caribbean island of Curaçao.

A search of the ship and an aerial hunt turned up nothing, so the Bradleys stayed on Curacao hoping for word. After four fruitless days they returned to their home in suburban Chesterfield County, Va., setting up a hotline and Web site for information about Amy. The most intriguing lead came from David Carmichael, 46, a Canadian computer engineer and avid scuba diver, who is certain he saw Amy with two men on the beach in Curaçao in August 1998—five months after she disappeared. "She looked frightened, like she was about to say something, when one of the guys motioned her away and gave me a menacing look," says Carmichael. He thought nothing of it until that December, when he saw a picture of Amy on America's Most Wanted. "I was stunned," says Carmichael, who flew to Virginia to meet the Bradleys. "I am haunted by that encounter with Amy. I know it was her."

A Norwegian government inquiry found no sign of foul play. And though the FBI found marks on the ship's balcony railing consistent with someone having sat on it, investigators say there is no evidence that Amy, a trained lifeguard, fell overboard, was pushed or committed suicide. The case is still open. Meanwhile, the Bradleys, who sued the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line for negligence and wrongful death last year and lost (they're appealing), can only wait and hope. "I just know she is alive," says Iva, 48. "I can feel it."

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20134944,00.html

Dr. Phil information

The following information was taken from Doctor Phil.com (Originally aired Thursday November 17th, 2005)--- Amy's mother, Iva, explains how the cruise came about. "In 1998 my husband, Ron, won a trip and so we went as a family. Our first stop was Aruba, and then after that was Curuao. When we were on the ship, we noticed immediately there was a tremendous amount of attention toward Amy from the crew members. After dinner, the waiter came out of the dining room and asked me where Amy was, and I asked him why, and he said, 'Well, we want to take her to Carlos 'N Charlie's.'" "When the waiter asked, I thought it was maybe a little forward of him to be asking those types of questions," Ron adds. "When Amy came back, I said, 'The waiter wants to take you to Carlos 'N Charlie's with his friends.' And then Amy looked at me and said, 'They're creepy. And I'm not going anywhere with them.'" "There was a dance troupe that was allowed onboard the ship," Iva continues. "There was a bass player who I noticed. And he was a very unsavory looking character. Amy told her brother, Brad, that the bass player had been hitting on her. She said that he was a real jerk." Iva continues, "At about 1:00, Ron and I decided to go to bed. Some time between 5:15 and 5:30 my husband woke up and he saw Amy asleep on the deck. And about a half an hour later, at 6:00 a.m., he woke back up. He saw that Amy was no longer on the balcony." "I immediately thought that she was up on the top deck," says Ron, "and so I left to try and go up and find her. When I couldn't find her, I didn't really know what to think, because it was very much unlike Amy to leave and not tell us where she was going." Iva recounts, "Ronnie woke me up at 7:00 a.m., and he was gray, and he said, 'I can't find Amy,' and I knew immediately there was something terribly wrong. My son went up to look for Amy. He was approached by the band members and they said, 'Sorry to hear about your sister.' How in the world did they know anything about Amy being missing? "At approximately lunchtime, the captain said, 'She is not on the ship. We have searched every nook and cranny.' And I said, 'Well, you've got to put a picture out.'" And he looked at me and said, 'I cannot do that. It will disturb the other guests.' "My son was in a fetal position. Ron was vomiting blood, and I had no feeling in my arms. "The captain made the comment to us that she could have fallen overboard. And I told him absolutely no way. He said that we should get off the boat in case she ended up in Curaao. "My gut feeling to this day was somebody saw her, somebody wanted her, and somebody took her." Ron says, "We have reason to believe that Amy was kidnapped and possibly sold into the sex slave market somewhere on one of the Islands. We have gotten thousands of leads since this happened. One of the best leads that we had came from David Carmichael." "In August of 1998, a friend, Brian, and I were scuba diving on the island of Curaao," David says. "I noticed three people walking along the beach. One of them was a young girl, and she was flanked by two fellows. She had two tattoos. One of them was of a gecko, the other was of a Tasmanian Devil. The girl walked towards me. She started to stare at me. Just as she was about to say something, the fellow motioned her away. In May of 1999, I saw the segment on Unsolved Mysteries. The minute I saw her picture and saw her face, I realized that was the girl on the beach." David may not be the only visitor to Curaao to have seen Amy. A member of the Navy says he saw her during a visit to a brothel there in 1999. She told him that her name was Amy Bradley and begged him for help. He told her there was a Navy ship five minutes down the road. As Amy's mother recounts, "She said, 'You don't understand, I can't leave. Help me. Please help me.'" But the man dismissed her plea because at the time he didn't know Amy was missing and because he wasn't supposed to be there. "And when he saw Amy's picture on the front cover of People magazine, that's when he contacted us, because he realized it was the same girl," Iva says. "Our lives have been so drastically changed in the last seven years. Every waking moment is, 'Where is Amy?' I just want people to know that when girls disappear outside of the country, they're disappearing for a reason. And white slavery and sex trafficking is so alive and well, it would absolutely blow you away. We believe with every fiber in our being that someone took her and we want her back. And I have tried to make deals with God. If we find her today, you can take me tomorrow. When they say the worst nightmare, it is. It's the worst nightmare." Dr. Phil comforts Iva, and asks, "Do you believe she's alive?" "I do believe she's alive," Iva replies. Dr. Phil thanks David Carmichael for coming. "You saw her on the beach. Are you convinced it was her?" "One hundred percent. Without a doubt," he replies. Before moving on, Dr. Phil shares one of Ty's video diary entries. Ty says, "We're at Le Mirage, outside 10 acres of nothing but flesh for sale. It's got a 20-foot wall around it and steel gates. There are women who are from all over. There were women who were using the phone that had security standing over them. They're listening to every word that the girls were saying. That smacks of control. Prisoners. There's hundreds of girls in there. It's just a haven for flesh." Ty filed this entry from one of Aruba's neighboring islands, Curacao, which is where Amy Bradley disappeared seven years ago. Iva and Ron received a picture via e-mail from a sender who wishes to remain anonymous. Dr. Phil says, "I want to show you this picture of who may very well be Amy Bradley seven years after her disappearance. Now I want to emphasize that we discussed whether we should show this picture on the air with former FBI profiler Clint Van Zandt who has worked on many kidnapping cases. Now, Ron and Clint both agree that because this is the first lead that they've had in nearly eight years, he and Iva would like to show this picture in case this young woman is indeed Amy. Now, we have had top forensic artist experts in the country look at these pictures, and they say that it is possible that it could be Amy. "I'll tell you what. Why don't we go through the features that the experts have picked out? Now first we want to look at the cheekbones here. And what they do is they measure things that don't change in time." Dr. Phil points out similarities in her cheekbones, her hairline, her chin, and even a mark that Iva pointed out, a freckle below her eye. "Do you believe that could be your daughter?" Dr. Phil asks Iva. "I believe it could be Amy," she responds. Dr. Phil says, "Now we know that Amy has four distinctive tattoos. One on her left shoulder blade, a baby Tasmanian Devil; one on her right ankle, a Chinese symbol of faith; one around her navel, a green gecko lizard; and one on her lower back, a primitive sun with another Chinese symbol. "If you have seen Amy, we want you to call 804-276-8503. Contact the Dr. Phil show. I promise you, we will protect your identity. You don't have to get involved if you've been somewhere you're not proud of being. It doesn't matter. If you will tell us, we have a team in place that can react to this."

Sillybilly, there may be a better shot, but for now, side by side beds shown at 34:57.
Small matching chair/table 35:01

Perhaps not relevant, but many of the girls have fingernails painted white/light and long- like Amy's in found pics on bed.
also, no offence intended, but most of those women- otherwise fit- appear to have swollen bellies..

From ALB's Missing Page on MySpace

Missing. Amy Lynn Bradley Since March 24, 1998 THE FAMILY AND FRIENDS OF AMY BRADLEY ARE OFFERING A $250,000.00 REWARD FOR HER SAFE RETURN. On March 24, 1998 at approximately 6:00AM, Amy Lynn Bradley, age 23, of Chesterfield County, Virginia, was discovered missing from the cruise ship Rhapsody of the Seas, a Royal Carribean Cruise Liner. She was last seen at approximately 5:00AM Tuesday morning, March 24, 1998, sleeping on the balcony of the cabin that she was sharing with her parents and her brother. When the family awoke, at approximately 6:00AM, she was gone, along with her cigarrettes and lighter and the sliding glass door of the balcony was open. The family assumed that she had gone to get a Coke and smoke a cigarrette. However, when she failed to appear, they contacted the pursor's desk and, ultimately, the captain. Amy's disappearance happened somtime between 5:00-6:00AM, and at that time, the boat was approximately 15-20 miles outside of Willemstad, Curacao. The ship then docked in Curacao at approximately 7:00AM. The Coast Guard was dispatched and was searching in the area approximately 20 miles outside of the Curacao Port. Amy's family was in their cabin frantically awaiting any word of Amy's whereabouts. The captain told Amy's family that the ship was being completely searched. However, they are now questioning the extent of the search that was conducted in that critical 12 hour time period because passengers later told Amy's family that their cabins were not searched on that critical day. Amy's family requested that the other passengers be notified that Amy was missing and that her pictures be distributed and posted in the common areas, but they were told that the other passengers could not be disturbed. That afternoon, Amy's family was told by the captain that there was no possible chance that Amy was still onboard the ship and suggested that they go onto the island of Curacao and wait for word from the authorities. Amy's family would have never left that ship if they had thought that there was any possibility that the ship had not been thoroughly searched. Amy's family left the ship at 6:00PM, and the ship then proceeded to leave Curacao on schedule at approximately 6:30PM. Meanwhile, Amy's family in Virginia was desperately calling anyone that they thought might be of help including congressmen, newspapers, FBI agencies in Virginia, San Juan, Barbados, and St. Maarten. The FBI the put together a team that boarded the ship when it docked in St. Maarten on Thursday. Amy's family also flew from Curacao to St. Maarten to reboard the ship. The FBI has since been investigating the disappearance. Amy's family believes that she may have been abducted and then thrown off of the cruise liner. If that happened, Amy could have possibly made it to one of the hundreds of islands in the Caribbean chain because she is an excellent swimmer and trained lifeguard. Please help us notify all boat operators in the Caribbean Islands to be on the lookout for Amy Lynn Bradley and to pay special attention to all areas from Curacao to St. Maarten and from St. Maarten to St. Thomas. This was the route that the cruise line traveled after leaving Curacao. The other possibility is that Amy was abducted and taken off of the boat in Curacao. If this was the case, we need any and all help available to notify the people in Curacao and the surrounding areas to be on the lookout for Amy. Amy Lynn Bradley, is a white female, age 23, 5'6" tall, 115 lbs., with brown hair and green eyes. She was last seen wearing a white tee shirt and navy blue shorts. Distinguishing marks are: a navel ring and 4 tattoes: A purple Tazmanian Devil spinning a basketball on her left shoulder A green lizard around her navel A Japanese primitive sun symbol on the center of her lower back A Japanese symbol on her right ankle Please forward this information along with her picture to any organization or individual who can help us find Amy. Contact the Police or the FBI. If you have any helpful information, contact the following people: Hot Line FBI Main Case Line FBI Virginia Offices Relatives Main Line Relatives Backup Numbers Primary E-Mails Web Sites With Information +(804)276-8503 +(340)777-3363 +(804)455-0100/+(804)261-1044 +(804)276-2204 +(804)541-1324/+(804)748-9533 +(804)796-6939 mkris62@aol.com or mkris@ix.netcom.com http://www.tggweb.com/amybradley

(IIRC) Our (Verified Poster) stated he/she felt that organized crime is not involved.
Do you have a link to this? I am interested in the context of that statement since Amy's abduction definitely involves an organized and criminal conspiracy.

I posted this quote and link before, but was just thinking, wondering if the Bradley's actually have spoken to Amy since she disappeared. There had to be some grounds for the judge to make the ruling of fraud against them in that civil case.

I'm not saying that Amy chose the life she's living at all, but again it goes back to the possibility that she knows her family's lives as well as her own would be in jeopardy if she told them otherwise, so if this happened, then she told them what she had to, imo. The Bradley's, knowing their daughter, would know that this "choice" would be because she was under duress, for the reasons of protecting them as well as herself. This is the only safe thing that Amy could do, she really had no choice. Hard to believe that a judge wouldn't be able to see that, but we have no idea what evidence RC actually had. Sure would like to know.
This situation is just heartbreaking, talk about a catch-22. :no:

I was also told that she had been found and contacted more than once, each time preferring to not be reunited with her family.
The Sad Case Of Amy Bradley
http://www.riehlworldview.com/2005/11/the_sad_case_of.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members