VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they only became convinced because of his own behavior. Maybe he DOES want to find her and feels that LE didn't take it seriously. He figures texty helped her go missing, leave the area, and WH can focus LE's attention and get their help to get her back. And then it crashes and burns as he becomes the prime suspect.

I was in the process of typing a post very much along these lines.

I defer to you, mom2six! :)

Bringing this forward from last thread post 1027
I had some time this afternoon to compile a list of WH's criminal history so hopefully we will all be less confused about what he has been convicted off versus what was dismissed. It has the dates, charges, jurisdiction, disposition, and of course, a lot of links. Let me know if I missed anything or if anything is incorrect! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tD95bqbY79TlDaNHdmdAcRl2pcT6csbvTkEf1o004oI/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you, SBHack. Alpine crew stuff, the kind that moves mountains, like Zach's post says. I'm so sorry for what this does to you to have to think through. My impression is that he used any history or markers as it were he could get his hands on to construct a narrative, from his past with AJ and her family.

I'm catching up on this rich thread from yesterday, so referencing here. My heart goes out to admirable in every way AJ, to her sisters and her extended family and circle of friends. May she be found upon her wish and theirs', and all who care.

Re-watched Anjelica's mother's interview in the dark wrap around glasses. What may be a stiff upper lip attitude aside, she shakes her head from side to side, the way one nods a "No" when asked about AJ. Made my heart drop. Then the friend in the glasses did the same thing. The big guy in the tattoos, tight red short door holder from a previous MSM broadcast, and cargo shorts hostage like appeal video for AJ, bearded guy, well, I'm still looking, as he stood to side ways, brains or brawn, neither, both, who knows?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...orfolk-3-March-2015-9&p=11642773#post11642773

Thank you for this, julieunruly1. Meant in the best possible way, you make a great fly on the wall. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience so objectively, as I'm sure your subject to good intentions you have in being there for AJ. Please forgive, my impetuous question, as such.

zapped's driveway diagram

Pisces22 H & H Mech listings tel # note on your other post, Hadsell seems too controlling to go for plausible deniability.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...orfolk-3-March-2015-9&p=11642990#post11642990
katieb0128, this is interesting. If the scenario being set up was off her taking off, if it is a set up, and AJ isn't safe, could the wild goose chase have been leading in this direction? And if so, what would Hadsell's reactions during the interview mean. Sorry, I'm stretching, but this is interesting. Thank you to you and other local WSers for all the rich context.

I have a question about the flier, if anyone knows. Why the "considered at risk"? TIA

I cannot speak for a fact on this (but can ask the guy who made it) but in risk assessment of missing persons, any missing person where the incident is likely to place the subject in danger, they are considered at risk. IE if there is any chance they are not just a runaway, they are at risk. Keep in mind the flier is intended to illicit a response and help from the public, not communicate case info, which is probably why he opted to leave off the last-seen time for simplicity's sake.

Here are a few informative resources on risk assessment:
http://www.njsp.org/divorg/invest/pdf/mpi-best-practices-protocol-103008.pdf
http://www.port.ac.uk/media/contact...ude-to-the-risk-assessment-process--final.pdf

Are there any thoughts toward the Virginia Commonwealth University/Richmond siting of AJ that was reported as unconfirmed when she first went missing? My thought is that she possibly might have gone to Richmond to obtain a copy of her birth certificate if she was born in Virginia. You can pick one up same day if you go to Richmond.

I cannot speak for a fact on this (but can ask the guy who made it) but in risk assessment of missing persons, any missing person where the incident is likely to place the subject in danger, they is considered at risk. IE if there is any chance they are not just a runaway, they are at risk. Keep in mind the flier is intended to illicit a response and help from the public, not communicate case info, which is probably why he opted to leave off the last-seen time for simplicity's sake.

http://www.port.ac.uk/media/contact...ude-to-the-risk-assessment-process--final.pdf

Thank you, Vail. Makes sense.

What if calling the police was a "last straw" threat towards AJ if she didn't come home, and AJ called the bluff? Now the H household is stuck with dealing with the police, and here we are.

Bolded text is quite often a *tactic* when familial conflict occurs and a youth/teen leaves the home.

Now, in many, many, many (add several more many's) instances such a *tactic* is very necessary and a deadline to return home is stated and an ultimatum given. Calling the police and filing a report. Especially when the youth is a minor.

But, in this particular situation if my thinking (and your's also) holds merit; then AJ being 18 years old would not have to comply. Legal adult. Period.

Again, a runaway train (not young woman) began hurdling down a long track...

And, a thought if AJ is somewhere safe for initial purposes of space and a cooling off period, she very likely had no expectations at all that this situation would have become what it has. She wasn't a passenger in that train!

Are there any thoughts toward the Virginia Commonwealth University/Richmond siting of AJ that was reported as unconfirmed when she first went missing? My thought is that she possibly might have gone to Richmond to obtain a copy of her birth certificate if she was born in Virginia. You can pick one up same day if you go to Richmond.

That thought never even occurred to me, Deb. Maybe because I never put much stock in the VCU sighting? I dunno. It's a VERY good thought, though.

I cannot speak for a fact on this (but can ask the guy who made it) but in risk assessment of missing persons, any missing person where the incident is likely to place the subject in danger, they are considered at risk. IE if there is any chance they are not just a runaway, they are at risk. Keep in mind the flier is intended to illicit a response and help from the public, not communicate case info, which is probably why he opted to leave off the last-seen time for simplicity's sake.

Yes, everything you've stated is accurate. Every teen I worked with was considered to be an *at-risk youth*.

I was just curious as to whether these exact words had been actually stated to Zach via NPD.

Either she was in contact with friends via cell or they knew when she was back at home she might go quiet because of the turmoil of step-dad & mom potentially separating..

Or a fight started the night of the fight while friends were there and they knew AJ would be dealing with that Sunday, Monday, however long it took to work it out. IMO

Your mind is working along the same lines mine is. Either she really isn't as attached to SM and texting as we believe, or the friends were in contact at some point and were not worried, therefore not looking for her. I am more inclined to the latter. That lends strength to the idea she initially left on her own.

It also tends to reduce the possibility of JH or WH initially harming her, because they initiated looking for her.

Thank you, SBHack. Alpine crew stuff, the kind that moves mountains, like Zach's post says.

I'm catching up on this rich thread from yesterday. My heart goes out to admirable in every way AJ, to her sisters and her extended family and circle of friends. May she be found upon her wish and theirs', and all who care.

Re-watched Anjelica's mother's interview in the dark wrap around glasses. What may be a stiff upper lip attitude aside, she shakes her head from side to side, the way one nods a "No" when asked about AJ. Made my heart drop. Then the friend in the glasses did the same thing. The big guy in the tattoos, tight red short door holder from a previous MSM broadcast, and cargo shorts hostage like appeal video for AJ, bearded guy, well, I'm still looking, as he stood to side ways, brains or brawn, neither, both, who knows?

We've been trying to find that video can you post a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been noodling that one a bit today, too. I wonder if there were any high school friends or maybe acquaintances that parents may be less familiar with that AJ may have contacted who went to VCU. Or even, friend of a friend. I don't know how we could find the answer to this without going where we are not supposed to go. But I'm putting a lot more veracity in this supposed sighting than I have before (which was none, previously).

Warning: wild theory speculation ahead....

By virtue of her Filipino father, it is possible she could acquire Philippine citizenship.

I am a foreign national with a Filipino parent; can I apply for a Filipino citizenship?
Foreign nationals who were born outside of the Philippines to a Filipino parent (Note: the parent/s must be Philippine citizen/s at the time of the applicant’s birth) may apply for Recognition as a Filipino citizen, without losing the current citizenship of the applicant.
source

If she really wanted to get lost, this could help her achieve it. She may not have thought of this directly, but it could be a possibility in the nearly 1 month since she has left.

She probably would require documents. She may have grabbed documents when she returned to the house when JH and girls were leaving. She may have known where documents were kept having needed access to these things within the last year to enroll in LU. Or, as mentioned above, she may have gone to Richmond to get what she needed.

Curious about the "date of offense on the possession of ammunition charge". If the ammunition was found by the police during the motel search
on the 21st of March, then why is the date of offense on the arrest warrant listed as 3/6/2015.

Charge : POSS AMMUNITION BY FELON
Code Section : 18.2-308.2 Case Type : Felony Class : 6
Offense Date : 03/06/2015

Brainstorming here...

Topic: -text message(s) sent from AJ's phone to Jennifer, her mother.

The message(s) very well could have been typed directly from AJ's fingertips with a tap to the send button.

The only reason anyone has thought otherwise is because her mother Jennifer said “The conversation, in my opinion, was kind of off. I can’t be 100 percent sure I know that was my daughter I was texting. I know how she talks and I know the type of things she says.”

And, other than hearing that one text stated that *AJ wasn't ready to come home yet*; we have no idea what the full context of "the conversation" was.

Possible conversation (Mom's use of word conversation tells us that there was more than one text message going back & forth?)-

Mother wanting to know where daughter is, why she hasn't come home etc.

Daughter, a 1st year college student who has experienced living away from home since going to Longwood; was in the role of independent young woman (age 18); exhibiting independent decision making while participating in "the text conversation"; possibly *standing her ground* about whatever decision(s) she was making during the evening to overnight conversation time period; I could go on & on here...

Mother quite surprised that daughter is demonstrating this unwavering independence feels that her daughter is behaving "out of character"; wow, so out of character that Mother's *Mom* brain is saying "wow, she's never acted like this before; wow, she's never said things like this to me before; wow, is this my daughter on the other end of this text conversation???; wait, someone must be putting her up to this; someone else is telling her what to say; ohhhhhh, snap! this can't be her, she would never...

Mother decides THAT was NOT my daughter!!!!

But, it was. And, Mother knew it was.

Daughter sending clear messages that she's making the decisions during that period of time.

Mother just didn't want to recognize the difference in her daughter. The adaption to becoming more independent. Her daughter was actually a bit more grown up since that day last August when she'd left for her transition from high school girl to college girl/woman.

And, the media and the viewers and the readers and the family and the friends and EVERYONE grabbed onto what the Mother felt and said AND ran with it!

End of brainstorming

Ponder this with me?

[I have more thoughts on this and much more about this case in my brain, BUT I must tell the monkeys that are jumping around and chattering inside my head that it's time for B. E. D!!]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I posted the above at 5:40 am on 3/24/15

At this point, I could actually add more, but just bringing this forward to invite you to ponder this with me again. :)

Hypothetical...

Man and woman get together (married or not) and have a child.
Man and woman separate, woman gets custody of said child and man pays child support.
Woman marries new man. New man raises said child but does not legally adopt said child, therefore child support continues.
Woman drops man, meets new man and marries new man. Man #2 pays child support for additional children born to them both.
New man legally adopts said child (with the legal consent of man #1 in the form of signed, notarized document consenting to the adoption).
Child support ceases from man #1.

Just throwing that out there as we all try to wrap our heads around the actual family dynamic that AJ was living with. It may have absolutely nothing to do with her disappearance, or it may actually have a lot to do with it.

At this point, I could actually add more, but just bringing this forward to invite you to ponder this with me again. :)

Great repost! I have to leave for a bit, and I need to quiet my spinning thoughts and see if I can reach a productive direction. I will definitely ponder that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousKet