VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mermy, What if AJ asked LE not to notify her parents that she had been in contact with them. Would LE just cancel the alerts and let the parents continue to think/say she is missing and continue to ask the public for help and "donations"? I suppose once the alerts were canceled the parents would figure out that she must have been in contact with LE. I would hope LE would at least give a statement to the public saying AJ has been in touch with LE and she is alive and doing well.

They would notify the family that the case was closed. And, that's most likely all they would do.

But, depending on who handles it within the NPD they might state that they had contact from AJ and they determined that she is safe.

I've come to the conclusion that the only fact that I can truly verify in this case is the Ronda Rousey fight was on Saturday Feb. 28, 2015.

Mermy, What if AJ asked LE not to notify her parents that she had been in contact with them. Would LE just cancel the alerts and let the parents continue to think/say she is missing and continue to ask the public for help and "donations"? I suppose once the alerts were canceled the parents would figure out that she must have been in contact with LE. I would hope LE would at least give a statement to the public saying AJ has been in touch with LE and she is alive and doing well.

And, I very strongly feel that the media would report that the case was closed by NPD, so it's likely that we would hear about it. Joe from WAVYTV has been kinda, sorta advocating for the family, so I am almost positive he would be continually making inquires with NPD requesting some kind of statement as to case status....not sure if the NPD would disclose much else to media.

One thing I keep in mind is that there has been no official NPD confirmation that those clothes actually belong to AJ.

Even media reports cited only that "the family thinks or said or believes ...

Until I hear NPD state that those items belong to AJ or hear NPD state that they have a suspect or hear that NPD has actually pressed charges; I'm taking all that in as not factual and pretty much just a *maybe* at this point.

:)

Of course! Everything is a maybe in this case.

I guess in that sense it's why the clothes "discovery" makes no sense. If they know AJ ran, why would WH be out looking for her stuff in the middle of nowhere? If AJ ran, why would WH potentially plant evidence out there? WH went into pretty specific detail about what was found and why it was AJs.. If my daughter went missing the last thing I would want to do is attribute items on the side of the road (which would indicate foul play) to her if I wasn't absolutely sure. I know LE hasn't confirmed anything, but I guess I don't see why WH would put it out there as fact unless he wants people to think its fact, to think something bad happened to AJ, and lead people in the direction of who he wants to take the fall for it.

But nothing WH does makes sense to me, not as a "father" of a missing young woman who may have been harmed or as a "father" of a young woman who took of on her own.

Just thinking out loud! All my opinion, of course!

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I just hope and pray that LE/investigators have interrogated and questioned extensively ALL of those in this seemingly close, closed circle.

Okay. We know she had her cell phone on her when she left the house, otherwise, where the hell is it? And we know that somehow, her credit/debit card ended up cut up and thrown into the street. You cut up a credit card with scissors, usually. COULD you cut one up with a knife? Sure. Could you cut it so precisely with a knife that you left a strip with her full name on it? I dunno. But, setting that aside, scissors are a household item, not something you carry around in your wallet, car, pocket, etc. Doubtful a man would have scissors in a hotel room (but who knows?).

Crap...lost my train of thought. Sorry.

ETA: I suck at multi-tasking with Hubby jabbering in my ear about cat food! :gaah:

The very first time I saw her bank card (debit/credit, I don't care and don't even think it really matters) was located on the street "cut" in pieces I said exactly the same thing about the scissors. Whenever one of my cards expire and the cc company sends the new one, I cut the old one up (at home) into enough pieces that it cannot be spliced back together to either show my name or my number and throw parts of it in one trash, and other parts into another trash usually a week or two later. I'm pretty sure not everyone does it this way (with age comes experience and I'm really old, and know of several ways identity thieves work so I think I take more precautions than an 18 yr old girl would), but I AM pretty sure no one would cut their own card up and leave their name intact on the card. I don't believe for a second she did that to her own card.

I think it was done at a location that scissors are a common household item (her mom's house) and placed there intentionally.

moo.

I don't know I'm going in to that blue funk again where I don't think she's ok. If she was she would have gotten on FB or Twitter at the very least and said "wtf is all this fuss about. I wanted to get away and did leave me the f alone" or something like that

Angelica if you're ok and have somehow found your way here I hope you see this and at least let the police know you're ok.

Please call somebody, call Mel, call Zach, call the local church. Just call somebody, please.

I wish there was some way for you to know more that we could help with. Hang in there, do what you have to do, and let WSers on this thread know how we can help, please. I think many are here for this reason.

Okay. We know she had her cell phone on her when she left the house, otherwise, where the hell is it? And we know that somehow, her credit/debit card ended up cut up and thrown into the street. You cut up a credit card with scissors, usually. COULD you cut one up with a knife? Sure....
:gaah:

all quotes above respectfully briefed

:gaah: i know

When I was screen capping images of the card, it seemed to my eye that scissors or something akin may have been used, especially enlarging the edges of the various pieces he waved around in the media the way he did and were hard to catch, but LE has them, so could tell more precisely. Thanks for your and the many locals' who've joined and posted continuing and thorough focus, as I've been coat-tailing it through the thread.

Do you think it's possible if AJ did leave of her own volition and go say, to Montana, and kind of "unplug" from everything, that she may not be aware of all the ruckus going on back home? If she pulled an, "I'm an adult and I can do what I want!" type thing? I haven't seen ANY coverage where I live, and very little nationally.

Possible? YES, definitely.

Probable? No, unfortunately. I think she did or said something that challenged the status quo of control, and that REALLY ticked someone off and tempers flared. Either that, or she was snatched by a random creep.

moo.

A big problem with this situation seems to be that the lines are very blurred between the teens/young adults and those who are supposed to be "the grown-ups," for lack of a better description. Actually, AJ seems to be the most grown up of them all, and that's sad. I also struggle to determine if some of these people are truly "AJ's friends" or just "people her age that she outgrew who are now primarily her mom's friends."
Ok I have sat back being a local trying to understand this case and clearly like all of you it leaves me baffled every night. However, I just had a thought. As a teen/young adult there WAS ONE House everyone went to because the parents were so cool with everything it was the cool place to be. ONE parent Smoked pot THE other Bought alcohol, US being Under Age. But that is the one experience I've had where I would be hanging with anyone's parents. Is this maybe the case with wh or jh? Just an idea

Yes, I was kind of surprised when I realized this alleged over-the-top/inappropriate/obsessive behavior was based on things that happened when they were just 13 or 14 years old. I had assumed it was something more recent...and when I say "recent" I mean "some time after 9TH GRADE!" lol

Is Texty and AJ the same age? I saw somewhere that he is 4 years older than her.

Does anybody else think this:
We are told her last text was at 430am or 530am. We are told that her possible 711 sighting was around the same time. <modsnip>

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Why oh why would WH announce that NPD will "never find his gun"?
I mean, we know he's not playing with a full deck, but, that statement seems to be a challenge. IMO.
The whole gun/ammo issue is troubling to me (as is everything else here).

WH is a convicted felon with loads of experience at the dance. He's flipping off LE because he fancies himself smarter than them. Most criminals do. Most are usually exposed to reveal they're not nearly as clever as they thought.

Ok I have sat back being a local trying to understand this case and clearly like all of you it leaves me baffled every night. However, I just had a thought. As a teen/young adult there WAS ONE House everyone went to because the parents were so cool with everything it was the cool place to be. ONE parent Smoked pot THE other Bought alcohol, US being Under Age. But that is the one experience I've had where I would be hanging with anyone's parents. Is this maybe the case with wh or jh? Just an idea
I have thought this may be the case as well but of course this is just MOO.

I also wanted to add a few other of my observations. When WH mentions the garage being open at the home he decides to b&e I believe he is hinting that there was possibly a white car parked in the garage. I dont know what else he could have seen that would make him believe this kid could have AJ there in his house in reference to the garage being open. JMO

And, I very strongly feel that the media would report that the case was closed by NPD, so it's likely that we would hear about it. Joe from WAVYTV has been kinda, sorta advocating for the family, so I am almost positive he would be continually making inquires with NPD requesting some kind of statement as to case status....not sure if the NPD would disclose much else to media.

I may be the odd one out here but I see Joe more excited to cover such a case, than an advocate for AJ. His casual banter with WH during the jailhouse rock interview was rather annoying and unprofessional, imo.

The very first time I saw her bank card (debit/credit, I don't care and don't even think it really matters) was located on the street "cut" in pieces I said exactly the same thing about the scissors. Whenever one of my cards expire and the cc company sends the new one, I cut the old one up (at home) into enough pieces that it cannot be spliced back together to either show my name or my number and throw parts of it in one trash, and other parts into another trash usually a week or two later. I'm pretty sure not everyone does it this way (with age comes experience and I'm really old, and know of several ways identity thieves work so I think I take more precautions than an 18 yr old girl would), but I AM pretty sure no one would cut their own card up and leave their name intact on the card. I don't believe for a second she did that to her own card.

I think it was done at a location that scissors are a common household item (her mom's house) and placed there intentionally.

moo.

Young people don't always think about protecting themselves.

An adult teen might have known from seeing a parent or other person that cutting up a card is a good idea. Just how much that card should be cut to shreds, they might not know.

Again, we don't know details...but was that card an active card or a dead/expired one?

It was found. Cut strangely or suspiciously or not the way WH or JH or you or I might have cut it up?

The card is still a *maybe* for me.

Why oh why would WH announce that NPD will "never find his gun"?
I mean, we know he's not playing with a full deck, but, that statement seems to be a challenge. IMO.
The whole gun/ammo issue is troubling to me (as is everything else here).

Lol. They can still charge him with posessing a firearm from his words alone. They just didn't do that yet. If he is admitting that he has one but it wont be found then that's all they need to know. Now i am sure the lawyer will try to bamboozle their efforts but while AJ is missing then I dont see to many sympathetic ears that will truly listen to the lawyer since the statement was made after his arrest.

Possible? YES, definitely.

Probable? No, unfortunately. I think she did or said something that challenged the status quo of control, and that REALLY ticked someone off and tempers flared. Either that, or she was snatched by a random creep.

moo.

Just now catching up from thread #9.

I can't help but go in this direction. The card cut like it was so whoever found would recognize the name. THEN the clothes out in Chesapeake. WHO would have ever connected clothes on the side of road all the way out there with AJ but someone who put them there. This is as if someone is playing a game with LE.

WH is a convicted felon with loads of experience at the dance. He's flipping off LE because he fancies himself smarter than them. Most criminals do. Most are usually exposed to reveal they're not nearly as clever as they thought.

Would you do a dance with LE if you were a felon & your adopted daughter was missing(and you were innocent)? or is there just that much crazy going on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3