VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
and if is foul play and she is deceased God forbid, how did it happen? Who would violently hurt her to the point of death?

If it was an accident-who would cover it up and where would said person take/hide her?

I caught an episode of Forensic Files on TV tonight - Season 9, Ep. 24. It was about the murder of Judy Burgin in 1993. She disappeared in April and her body was found in August of the same year. After her body was discovered and identified, LE found her boyfriend, Carl Brown, and interviewed him. He implicated himself in the crime very quickly, letting it slip that he knew a detail only the killer would. But, police didn't have enough evidence to charge him until '96.

Anyway, I just thought there were so many relatable bits that I had to mention it. For one, Burgin was last seen at a 7-11. Brown, her bf, was a cocaine user/dealer... when she was discovered missing he claimed she just totally vanished and he had no explanations/ideas at all. Brown was accused of threatening people who had information about his possible involvement. Also - when he was questioned again later, after LE presented evidence against him, he started to give detectives all kinds of elaborate stories about what might have happened.

They showed a clip of his interview with LE. The detective asked him about a recent carpet change in his house. CB, the boyfriend, sounds really sure of himself. Just thought his speaking patterns were familiar:

DT: Um, you also said you didn't make any changes to your house?
CB: No.
DT: OK. Any type of changes at all? I mean, did you change windows, floors, stuff like that?
CB: Uh, I put carpet in, in my bedroom.
DT: Was-- was it the whole house? Or you said just the--
CB: No. Just my bedroom, 'cause it was ripped... I had a chair and a desk... and that'd slide back and forth, and it had a big tear in it... so it was threadbare.. so I just had really cheap carpet to begin with.
DT: OK. All your place pad in?
CB: Yeah, 'cause it was raggedy. I mean it-- I don't know how long it'd been there, but it was pretty gross.
DT: Do you remember when that happened, Carl? When you had that carpet changed?
CB: Yeah, it was before Judy left, 'cause she picked out the color.... no, I take that back, no it wasn't. She picked out the color... but I had to do it after she left.
DT: OK, after she left?
CB: Right, right.

Not to mention, Brown went fishing right after Judy was reported missing!

I was just really struck by the similarities in speech and in circumstance. You can see some of the case file here.

The dynamic in AJ's case is the timing-she had come home for Spring Break.That narrows the geographic and the persons in her circle.

Those persons could be family members, friends, neighbors, strangers etc. A crime of opportunity.

I caught an episode of Forensic Files on TV tonight - Season 9, Ep. 24. It was about the murder of Judy Burgin in 1993. She disappeared in April and her body was found in August of the same year. After her body was discovered and identified, LE found her boyfriend, Carl Brown, and interviewed him. He implicated himself in the crime very quickly, letting it slip that he knew a detail only the killer would. But, police didn't have enough evidence to charge him until '96.

Anyway, I just thought there were so many relatable bits that I had to mention it. For one, Burgin was last seen at a 7-11. Brown, her bf, was a cocaine user/dealer... when she was discovered missing he claimed she just totally vanished and he had no explanations/ideas at all. Brown was accused of threatening people who had information about his possible involvement. Also - when he was questioned again later, after LE presented evidence against him, he started to give detectives all kinds of elaborate stories about what might have happened.

They showed a clip of his interview with LE. The detective asked him about a recent carpet change in his house. CB, the boyfriend, sounds really sure of himself. Just thought his speaking patterns were familiar:

Not to mention, Brown went fishing right after Judy was reported missing!

I was just really struck by the similarities in speech and in circumstance. You can see some of the case file here.

Neat observations, luckyseven. Thank you for sharing them and everything. I wonder at LE's patience sometimes as I learn how cases progress. It's their job, I understand, but that aspect s'gotta have some wear and tear to it for them.

I think LE knows a lot more than they are letting on...or at least I hope thats the case. I called with a tip about student financial aid tonight and the reaction I got from the officer surprised me. TBH he seemed indifferent, curt, dismissive and altogether not very appreciative or friendly, which is uncharacteristic of any LE officials I have spoken with in prior investigations.

zapped, thank you for taking the trouble to make the call. You're brave, IIRC. Don't take it personally. Maybe they were busy. From the scanner feed of the search nights, it sounded that way. Plus if they had reacted differently, unlike perhaps other instances, it may have had an effect on the investigation. AJ's dad mentioned in his interview

Now the police did verify that information, never showed us a picture. That was on Saturday the first week. Understand that the case moved this past Monday, you know, they brought some new detectives on board. The cream of the the crop.. “la crème la crème” [sic] was how it was put to me.. homicide detectives. I knew what they were saying. I said: just give me your card, I know you’re homicide cops. I get it. I do, I get it, ok? It’s been a week. I get it, you know, whatever – I have hoped, I have prayed... I get it. I’m getting angry now, but uh…
(page 3)

rbbm

from luckyseven's transcript

Sorry, zapped, am not able to agree about this

"Who the hell does that with the exception of moonstruck lovers?"

You'd have to be crazy to fall in love with a guy who stares that way.

The next time I have to infiltrate IMVU for a case, my dominatrix name is going to be " La crème la crème ". :floorlaugh:

Im not buying WH's story about him and AJ just staring at each other for 30 minutes either Dexter.

Who the hell does that with the exception of moonstruck lovers?

Also I cant imagine WH sitting still for even one minute after watching the video.

Taken in the entire context of his interview, one might underline that statement and think he was recollecting something pretty macabre. I don't really want to go there though.

Um, the comments on CH latest blog post, while I'm not going to quote or sum them, I think are worth reading. ThatGuyBear is throwing a wrench in part of what we think is fact regarding WH charges and what happened on the 6th. Warning! :drama:

Drama is right. Wonder if Gladys is CindyB? She's certainly not afraid to call it like she sees it.

Taken in the entire context of his interview, one might underline that statement and think he was recollecting something pretty macabre. I don't really want to go there though.

Um, the comments on CH latest blog post, while I'm not going to quote or sum them, I think are worth reading. ThatGuyBear is throwing a wrench in part of what we think is fact regarding WH charges and what happened on the 6th. Warning! :drama:

For what its worth youre not the only one who thought that while watching that video.

I have no idea what y'all are talking about CB, and bear, isn't that just SM dust in your eyes? Any hints there about where Hadsell may have taken AJ that could help or just a macabre pissing contest on the sighing interviewers blog?

The dynamic in AJ's case is the timing-she had come home for Spring Break.That narrows the geographic and the persons in her circle.

Those persons could be family members, friends, neighbors, strangers etc. A crime of opportunity.

:bump:

She was going back, this happened at the end of her break, something may have intensified throughout that week, somebody more like. Nobody noticed a thing but some strange texts after she wasn't there anymore? How could that be possible?

It is very unsettling.

NPD being so tight lipped is extremely unsettling. I'm ready to scream and claw at my face! On the other hand, I do understand their position. Thanks to the action of WH, the integrity of the evidence has been compromised and LE is back at square one with the investigation. Any searches done, leads followed up on, or evidence found will be a heavily guarded secret not even AJ's family will be told about.

Question?

Did she always come home on weekends or was it just the few weekends before spring break?

Was there possibly someone new in her life?

I have no idea what y'all are talking about CB, and bear, isn't that just SM dust in your eyes? Any hints there about where Hadsell may have taken AJ that could help or just a macabre pissing contest on the sighing interviewers blog?

:bump:

She was going back, this happened at the end of her break, something may have intensified throughout that week, somebody more like. Nobody noticed a thing but some strange texts after she wasn't there anymore? How could that be possible?

This was at the first part of her break. She went missing on Monday and she wouldn't have gone back to school until the following Monday.

At this point I don't really see the Hadsell family actually doing anything to find AJ. Have they contacted Texas Equusearch as it's been suggested repeatedly on the Bring AJ Home FB page?

Oh wait...... posts like that are being deleted. Hmm... I'm going to assume they have not contacted them, or we'd have heard about it by now.

It honestly looks to me like there's a lot more slacktivism going on here than anything else. Create a FB page, create and recreate and recreate 20 different flyers with conflicting info, set up a fund me account and expect the public go get out there and bring her home.

UGH.

Question?

Did she always come home on weekends or was it just the few weekends before spring break?

Was there possibly someone new in her life?

I was under the impression AJ did come home on the weekends.

Newest flyer shared by the bringAJHome Twitter only had NPD number on it. FINALLY.

https://twitter.com/bring_aj_home/status/583103570066706433

d8fb6a8a39d984abb44f65db0311c89a.jpg

Ikr?
I just keep wondering "Why?"
I want AJ to be safe, we all do. But there simply HAS to be something to come out soon.
This is ridiculous.

I agree. Things are just too "quiet" for me. It "feels" like there is not enough being done to find her. I would like to see more searches or SOMETHING. I know the authorities are doing their job but it just seems like we've hit the stall button here. It makes me so angry that there has been so muchpetty bickering amongst people over this on SM where all that energy could be used elsewhere and more positively. It is frustrating with so little to go on and so much confusion. I think people in this community genuinely want to help but things have become so "muddied" that support is starting to dwindle due to frustration. I will continue to do what I can to support bringing AJ home but this is really getting discouraging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnaNikiSB