VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any searches today that we know of?
Ha! I almost choked on a yellow Peep! Thanks for the laugh! (for clarification, my sarcasm is pointed towards the family not organizing any searches, our really doing anything, for awhile now).

Actually, parents, friends and family members of a missing person sharing FB posts about other missing kids/people is very common. I think it has a lot to do with the idea that now they are in the situation and know what it feels like to have unanswered questions about where their loved one is, they feel quite compelled to click that share button when they see someone else's missing loved one. I've seen it countless times, so it's not unusual at all.
Good point, I can definitely see that.

With that said, how unusual is it to see a parent share more about other missing persons than their own?

Good point, I can definitely see that.

With that said, how unusual is it to see a parent share more about other missing persons than their own?

Highly, in my experience and observation. In fact out of all the cases I've followed here, and on social media since Tori Stafford (2009) I don't recall a single case where the parents posted more about other missing people, than they did their own.

Am I going crazy or something? Have the links to that organization suddenly disappeared?

Well-intentioned yet poorly planned, poorly executed attempt at fundraising. If they were serious about asking the public for $50,000, I'd think they might, I don't know, at least use spell check.

Yes, spell check and make sure your links work and take you to the right places.

From klily's link
Police were on scene Sunday morning, gathering evidence and processing the scene on the 500 block of Station Street. Officials said the condition of the body gives them reason to believe the death might be suspicious. The remains are being sent to the Medical Examiner’s office in Richmond for identification and to determine a cause of death.
http://wric.com/2015/04/05/decomposed-body-found-in-hopewell-by-person-walking-a-dog/

About an hour and a half from Norfolk to Hopewell, VA.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Nor...009c778de2f697!2m2!1d-77.2872001!2d37.3043154

Happy Easter. Hopefully all our prayers today are being heard.

May the searching end and the truth be revealed. [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The funding site is still up.

With exactly $0 dollars raised. Glad they haven't relieved anyone of their funds yet. I hope it stays that way. If folks genuinely want to be a part of an organization that helps find missing loved ones, there are plenty of them out there that are always looking for volunteers or that would GREATLY benefit from you promoting what they do. Instead of you promoting yourself, and begging the public for money to do it.

This really makes me sick.

So please tell me what is so special about this 'new' social media system for Missing Persons? I looks like every other FB full of the MISSING that have been around for ages. Why the need for 50k?

Because the other fundraising page hasn't gotten a donation in the past 9 days?

Seriously, the description reads like it was written as a Sunday sermon - by a vacuum cleaner salesperson. Ugh. I hope the "project" just quietly goes away and family and <cough> friends return to the task at hand, you know, finding AJ! But I'm not going to hold my breath.

First the threat on the BAJH FB page about "repurcussions forthcoming" to the media and now fundraising for a get rich quick scheme. SMH. I've lost all respect for this family.

And it looks like from Google maps that Carrsville, VA (IOW Joyners Bridge) wouldn't be that far out of the way. Norfolk to Joyners Bridge Road is about 47 mins and Joyners Bridge to Hopewell is approximately 1 hour 14 mins.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Nor...1!1s0x89b03d483be299a5:0x12f72030166c736e!3e0

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Joy...m1!1s0x89b1a9e2c99f5301:0x6009c778de2f697!3e0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So please tell me what is so special about this 'new' social media system for Missing Persons? I looks like every other FB full of the MISSING that have been around for ages. Why the need for 50k?

Among the "services" they offer is that they will find you a spokesperson. :drumroll:

That and the offer "searching" services... which may be legit since WH seems to be able to find evidence better that anyone. :lookingitup:

Among the "services" they offer is that they will find you a spokesperson. :drumroll:

That and the offer "searching" services... which may be legit since WH seems to be able to find evidence better that anyone. :lookingitup:

Please tell me you're kidding.

What the heck is that post...? This case seems to just keep getting more bizarre.

I have seen this same campaign asking for money run by several different people it looks like people feel the same way has me seeing how nobodys donated a dime yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo