VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's interesting is that some folks connected to the case have been sharing all sorts of missing persons' cases as opposed to the one right in front of them. I agree with a previous poster--be the voice for the person YOU want found, not a voice for everyone else. There are no brownie points awarded for showing sympathy for other missing people. You don't get credit you can cash in towards finding your missing loved one by sharing the stories of other missing persons. You loudly and just short of violently shout as loud as you can for the person YOU want brought home. Everyone else can get bent until loved ones are found....

Indubitably, agreed, nicely put Scott_M, and good to know zapped

Agreed and well said!

It should be noted that John Walsh didnt start the Adam Walsh Child Resource Center which merged with two other centers and became the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children until a couple of years after Adam went missing. For all the right reasons IMO

Sadly, it does not seem like that is the case here.

This soon after a child is missing, without time to grieve or even find them or ensure that they are brought to justice , smacks of self-serving individuals who's highest priority is their own unmitigated greed.

Over their own children no less.

At this point, I do not know which is the bigger monster, the subhuman or subhumans who could have harmed AJ, or the toxic and maddeningly confusing people that were unfortunately a part of her life.

Wherever you are right now AJ, I hope that its a FAR better place than here .

I'm sorry to be *that* person but I've been in Texas for 3 days and just got home. I was trying to keep up while I was gone but the last place i got to was them searching the pond and finding nothing. Can someone give me the bullet points I missed either here or PM? I'd be forever grateful.

Thanks for your efforts. I'm still not getting what's supposed to be going on, and I don't think I can even formulate a question about it. I'm just finding it immensely frustrating to feel like there's a behind-the-scenes narrative that I can't follow. (I'm talking about WS now, not about the H family, which has its own narratives....)

FWIW, I have seen a funding site for a missing persons' alert system that is connected with a friend of the H family. But if there's some kind of page "weirder" than that one, I'm not seeing it. And if there are "veiled" threats, they're too heavily veiled for me.

Ah, well, it's probably not relevant to AJ anyway. This whole thing is just....uuuugggggghhhh. (Is there a smilie for exasperation?)
I think this is my fault. I posted something I saw but wasn't sure if I could post a link to. Then a brief conversation started around it. You are correct. This is incidental and does not help find AJ. It was just so odd and I blabbed about it. Long story short, there is a new fundraising page associated with a friend of AJ's family and her mom. They are trying to raise money for a social media method to raise awareness about missing persons. They posted a link on the fundraising page. The link went to an odd FB page. I noted that on ws. They then fixed the link to point to the correct FB page. I am sorry I started a problem. I did not mean to make things more difficult than they already are. My apologies

The thought just occurred to me that one of the major frustrations of this particular case is how AJ's "friends and family" have acted and reacted throughout it. Time and again posters have commented on how theyve been absolutely blown away by deeds and actions that defy all logic. Some of our posters have been here for years, myself included, and have never encountered anything even remotely like this.

Many of us have assumed that AJ's friends and family would be proud of her, for being an athlete, an honors student and in her first year of college.

I agree thats what normal people would do, but I dont think were talking about normal people here.

What if they were jealous and resentful of her for trying to better herself and get as far away from them as possible?

An ugly thought I know but something to think about nevertheless.

So please tell me what is so special about this 'new' social media system for Missing Persons? I looks like every other FB full of the MISSING that have been around for ages. Why the need for 50k?

I think this is my fault. I posted something I saw but wasn't sure if I could post a link to. Then a brief conversation started around it. You are correct. This is incidental and does not help find AJ. It was just so odd and I blabbed about it. Long story short, there is a new fundraising page associated with a friend of AJ's family and her mom. They are trying to raise money for a social media method to raise awareness about missing persons. They posted a link on the fundraising page. The link went to an odd FB page. I noted that on ws. They then fixed the link to point to the correct FB page. I am sorry I started a problem. I did not mean to make things more difficult than they already are. My apologies

You're all good. Your previous response inspired the photo montage of wes not happy with LE. Thank you.

So please tell me what is so special about this 'new' social media system for Missing Persons? I looks like every other FB full of the MISSING that have been around for ages. Why the need for 50k?

Well-intentioned yet poorly planned, poorly executed attempt at fundraising. If they were serious about asking the public for $50,000, I'd think they might, I don't know, at least use spell check.

I want to take a moment to reach out to one of our potential guests and/or those in your corner.

It has been over a month now since AJ disappeared. Without question this past month has been the most difficult month you have ever had to endure.

With worry and sorrow come weakness and vulnerability. AJ is your single, solitary, and driving focus. Do not let what you may perceive as a witchhunt cloud your judgement. Be supportive of those fighting for AJ...and try to ignore the rest. The juvenile back and forth detracts from what the ultimate goal is.

Please do not be led astray down paths that occupy your time with anything other than finding AJ. There will be time down the road to assess how to help others who are missing. Not now. Not yet. Keep those of us who are anxious to help in the loop as much as possible. It motivates those looking for AJ while providing you an outlet if needed.

Remember....Every news station that talks about AJ is important. Liking the story is not what matters. AJ being talked about is the oxygen that keeps this search breathing.

Aside from Zach there are very few of us who truly grasp how you feel. Stated above are simply observations and suggestions. They are a sincere attempt to bridge a gap that doesnt need to exist. Working together with civility and focus is not just possible...it is necessary.

AJ is the focus. Nothing else matters.

Where the heck was the neighbors during the break in and beating of the dog? I know neighborhood watch programs are still in effect in most places. Or atleast the nosy neighbor program. The cops is probably mad that Wes has contaminated all evidence that is really linking to him. I would throw his butt in jail too. He is truly playing an aggressive game of chest with LE. Now with the break in he is screwed. But he will have a fighting chance on a murder case ( God Forbid ).

Skipping ahead to respond to this, but the home in question does have ADT. I have no idea whether or not the house was under video surveillance, but I know that ADT does offer that service. So it's possible that THAT is the reason we know about the break in and the punching of the dog.

JMO

But again, "a week and a half to two weeks ago?" Not only not specific, but pretty sure Wes was locked up. Has anyone dive the "stupid" check to find out how many jobs the plumbing company had out that way recently?

And just how sure was the guy that it was a company van and not just a white van with some writing on it?

For what it's worth, I live on a very rural road that seldom gets traffic. I know what few cars come and go, because I see them every day. Those are my neighbors, and there aren't many. On the few occasions I have seen work/company vehicles come down my road, I absolutely notice them. And if one slowed down at my neighbors pond, turned around, and drove back again, I sure would be nosy enough to make note of the company.

Thank you for making me feel welcome. Sarcasm. If you only knew how much it would have meant to at least be acknowledged.

We get pretty caught up in information and details, Bittle, so sometimes we miss posts. I know that I often have to read back to catch everything that's been posted.

:welcome:

For what it's worth, I live on a very rural road that seldom gets traffic. I know what few cars come and go, because I see them every day. Those are my neighbors, and there aren't many. On the few occasions I have seen work/company vehicles come down my road, I absolutely notice them. And if one slowed down at my neighbors pond, turned around, and drove back again, I sure would be nosy enough to make note of the company.

My parents make note of every vehicle that comes down their road as well. Out in the country, a lot of times you dont even have to see the car to know its a stranger, you can tell from the noise it makes and sometimes how fast its going.

My brother actually commented about a strange vehicle yesterday...and my dad knew exactly who he was talking about.

Its not necessarily being nosy either.When you live out in the middle of nowhere its just good, common sense IMO.

My parents make note of every vehicle that comes down their road as well. Out in the country, a lot of times you dont even have to see the car to know its a stranger, you can tell from the noise it makes and sometimes how fast its going.

My brother actually commented about a strange vehicle yesterday...and my dad knew exactly who he was talking about.

Its not necessarily being nosy either, when you live out in the middle of nowhere its just good, common sense IMO.

Exactly. Larger vehicles are especially taken note of because most of us farm and have expensive farm equiptment, ATVs, etc. Last year, at around 1 am, my husband and I noticed flashlight down at my neighbors pond. It was very late, so we watched for awhile just to make sure it was something to wake them up over. Then we saw that there was a truck on their dirt road up to the hill with it's lights off. My hubby called, got his gun, and met the neighbor down at the pond. Turns out it was teenagers catching frogs. Scared those boys to death. But my point is....we look out for each other out here, because we have to. We don't have patrol cars cruising through doing checks. Ever. And if you do have to call the police, it takes them a long time to get out here.

Good Morning America gonna talk about AJ. Looks like interviewing family members. Should be coming on in first half hour

Exactly. Larger vehicles are especially taken note of because most of us farm and have expensive farm equiptment, ATVs, etc. Last year, at around 1 am, my husband and I noticed flashlight down at my neighbors pond. It was very late, so we watched for awhile just to make sure it was something to wake them up over. Then we saw that there was a truck on their dirt road up to the hill with it's lights off. My hubby called, got his gun, and met the neighbor down at the pond. Turns out it was teenagers catching frogs. Scared those boys to death. But my point is....we look out for each other out here, because we have to. We don't have patrol cars cruising through doing checks. Ever. And if you do have to call the police, it takes them a long time to get out here.

Youre a good neighbor.

We had something similar happen to us one night. I got off work around midnight and noticed an Explorer parked on the wrong side of the gravel road my parents live on.The vehicles headlights were on and the engine was running.

I mentioned it to my Dad who was still up and we actually drove past the vehicle and noted its plate number. Something stopped us from actually getting out of our car and looking inside the vehicle however and Im glad it did. Call it a hunch, a bad feeling, divine intervention or whatever you will.

We found out the next day that our neighbors daughter had run away with a boy who was wanted in connection with murdering his father and that he was considered armed and dangerous.

The kid was actually killed when he pulled his gun on a police officer during a routine traffic stop a couple of states over. Our neighbors daughter was traumatized but otherwise unharmed.

Moral of the story is that you can never be too careful. There are crazy people EVERYWHERE, including out the country.

Happy Easter, Passover, Spring-whatever you celebrate, may today bring you peace, love and happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo