VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not care who else uses it, a man calling a woman "My Asian," outside of some bedroom intimacy, gives me the creeps and big red flags. How could a mother allow a man 20 years older than her daughter that she brought into the house, call her daughter what seems to me an implied sexual nickname. JMO

A lot of us feel the same way about such a nickname, I'm sure. Although I will grant, to some people, it's probably not a big deal at all.

Thanks for clarifying the bio/step/adopted father situation. JH is a piece of work.....My next question is, why did WH want to adopt AJ? There are plenty of step fathers who never adopt their step children, and WH had just barely been in her life!! Why the desire to adopt her?

I've been thinking the same thing. She was 13 and he barely knew her. 5 years later and she'd be 18. Why the RUSH to adopt?

Only reason I can think of is something having to do with taxes? I'm no expert, but does it mean he can claim her as a dependent for a larger deduction?

I must just be emotional today or something. I'm bawling my eyes out. WHERE IS AJ?? WHY is this WH hugging on her and posing in photos with her when they barely knew each other? Maybe the cops were right. Has my husband ever hugged our daughter that way? YES! However, it was during a panic attack where she needed and wanted to feel secure, and comforted. There are NO photos of that event. The more I see or read, or hear, the more disgusted I get.

Women, for the sake of the children, know who the heck you have around your kids! Know their background, their behaviors, etc. Watch for those red flags, and no matter how well you think you know the man, make sure your kids are safe!!! Pull the child aside and reassure them constantly that no matter what is done, at any time they feel uncomfortable in a situation, and no matter that person is, they are safe and will be protected to come to you!!! NEVER allow a man to replace your child! NEVER! I'm not saying anything did or didn't happen in this case, I'm just speaking in general. I've seen too much today in many cases and this just hurts.

Please be safe AJ. Please reach out to someone if you're able and let them know. Please come home, even if home isn't where home use to be, and you want to be somewhere else, that new place can be home, just please be OK!!!

I am ready to make you a verified insider already. And I'm not even a mod. Lol. Thanks for joining in. Just note that the family probably does read some of these comments. So don't make yourself vulnerable to being identified by the family. We do not want them lashing out at you in public. So on that note. Welcome aboard.

Yikes! I fixed some of the specific details of that post. Thanks! :shame:

I've been thinking the same thing. She was 13 and he barely knew her. 5 years later and she'd be 18. Why the RUSH to adopt?

I believe it was because she wanted the same last name as her mom & siblings. I can't remember where that info came from though and now that I'm typing this out it seems 2 of 3 siblings would have ZH's last name, not WH's last name.... I don't know, this case is making my brain hurt. Maybe someone with an actual link or source can chime in?

Agree. I wouldn't even hug my own daughter that way. I would like to match up the date of that pic and see what she tweeted and texted that day.

A grand total of 4 tweets in 2010, all in August.

I wish I knew the backstory on the adoption as well. I could see if ZH had adopted AJ, but not this WH! When did he actually meet and know this family? Was JH writing to him in prison, or did they know each other before prison?

That picture looks as if it would have been Middle School Graduation based upon what she is wearing (yellow dress and a black shoulder style sweater, you can see it better in another photo), institutional like tiles that remind me of Norfolk Schools and the date June 18th, 2010 which would line up perfectly

My guess is JH took the photo based upon the type of camera used for the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which was about 10 years ago when it seemed like pretty much everyone and their dog were self-diagnosing via the web and telling everyone they were bipolar. Obviously many people are, but many who claim to be are not.

This is a good point. I guess the diagnosis was cited as a mitigating factor, right? I wonder whether he had to present any proof of the diagnosis (and maybe of the suicide attempts) to anyone, or whether it was just on his and his lawyer's say-so. (Not that I doubt it, just that I don't know the degree to which documentation is required in situations like his.)

I don't know if this stat is accurate, but I read somewhere that as many as 85 to 90% of people with bipolar illness have issues with substance abuse as well. Such dual diagnoses make it especially hard for mentally ill people (and those around them). Cocaine is about the last thing a person prone to mania and mood-switching should be messing with (I say as someone who is not a medical professional but who had a family member and has many friends with bipolar illness).

NEED HELP SEARCHING. I cannot search this entire area myself. It's time I lean on good people for help.

In general we are looking for items of a young lady someone may have thrown away and also looking for identifying things along side of the road where someone might have pulled over to throw something.

BOATERS!!!! Keep an eye out. Especially areas where trash collects and where water flows. Also areas easily accessible from the road.

AREAS TO SEARCH - Anywhere is good, including abandoned houses and sheds and old or new construction sites, especially with dumpsters present. Rural areas - especially any route from Franklin to Norfolk and Hwy 17 from Deep Creek all the way to North Carolna and across West to East from 17, including Ballahack Rd that connects to S. Battlefield. Also the S. Battlefield area and surrounding rural areas and also Great Dismal swamp.

Some things to consider:

Debit card pieces were found alongside road close to home within first few days.

Jacket was reportedly found in somebody's home during the first week. It's not clear whether this was put there by someone not living in the home or by someone inside.

Clothing items were found alongside the road on South Battlefield - 20 miles from home about 3 weeks after disappearance.

Likely dump locations would be fairly easy access, without much walk from vehicle. Likely dump locations might be near fishing locations.

Please keep notes on where you have searched and how thoroughly you have searched. Photograph suspect items and locations. We can organize information and deliver to police in an easy to understand format. Be careful not to disturb items or areas that could be used as evidence

Red added by me :)

Thank you Zach, for sharing this with WS, very much.

Zach,

Is Texas Equusearch involved in searching for AJ OR are they planning to get involved? Thanks in advance.

I wonder how thoroughly Tarrallton park was searched and if it would be worth another go, especially with bloodhounds. What about the banks/water north of Helsley Ave? I am thinking of things within reach on foot...

I asked a local about this privately. She told me that LE searched the water, field, and flew a helicopter over the area. The problem with that, imo, is that much of the water behind the ball field is very marshy. I know because I had to jump into it once (don't ask!). It would be VERY easy to get tangled in stuff under the water, imo. I'd REALLY like to see LE do another search there. But I guess we just have to have faith that they were thorough the first time.

NEED HELP SEARCHING. I cannot search this entire area myself. It's time I lean on good people for help.

In general we are looking for items of a young lady someone may have thrown away and also looking for identifying things along side of the road where someone might have pulled over to throw something.

BOATERS!!!! Keep an eye out. Especially areas where trash collects and where water flows. Also areas easily accessible from the road.

AREAS TO SEARCH - Anywhere is good, including abandoned houses and sheds and old or new construction sites, especially with dumpsters present. Rural areas - especially any route from Franklin to Norfolk and Hwy 17 from Deep Creek all the way to North Carolna and across West to East from 17, including Ballahack Rd that connects to S. Battlefield. Also the S. Battlefield area and surrounding rural areas and also Great Dismal swamp.

Some things to consider:

Debit card pieces were found alongside road close to home within first few days.

Jacket was reportedly found in somebody's home during the first week. It's not clear whether this was put there by someone not living in the home or by someone inside.

Clothing items were found alongside the road on South Battlefield - 20 miles from home about 3 weeks after disappearance.

Likely dump locations would be fairly easy access, without much walk from vehicle. Likely dump locations might be near fishing locations.

Please keep notes on where you have searched and how thoroughly you have searched. Photograph suspect items and locations. We can organize information and deliver to police in an easy to understand format. Be careful not to disturb items or areas that could be used as evidence

Zach, in the beginning it was stated that AJ walked from the home. Do you know if dogs were brought in, and if so, did any pick up a scent?? Too late now to get scent hounds in there. And dogs are not always correct on their search. Just wondering if dogs were there, and if they did pick up a scent.

I believe it was because she wanted the same last name as her mom & siblings. I can't remember where that info came from though and now that I'm typing this out it seems 2 of 3 siblings would have ZH's last name, not WH's last name.... I don't know, this case is making my brain hurt. Maybe someone with an actual link or source can chime in?

Zach said that on her 13th birthday it was a big falling out. Moms had one foot out of the door and she kept putting things in AJs head about Zach. It was a classic maneuver to break the heart of your ex that has raised your child for 13 years. So as Zach said; AJ with the help of moms influence wanted to cut all ties with Zach. But since she was only 13; then we know that mom is the actual one to jump ship and force on AJ the name change to hurt her real dad which is Zach. Jmo

The more I try to get to know AJ through pictures, the more perplexed I get about this case. It seems we have a lot of similarities that make me feel more deeply that something happened to her from within the family or a very close person to the family. Athletes like her do not really meddle in drugs, promiscuous sex, etc. Athletes generally hang out with other athletes who are similar as well. AJ seems to have had a lot of close guy friends, perhaps more than girl friends. There is NOTHING wrong with that because if anything, they would feel protective over her in a brotherly way and she lacked blood-related brothers so they were probably just as important to her. The more I learn about WH and his habits, the more I think that there has to be a relation to him as a perpetrator, even if it isn't direct.

My kids have been friends with AJ for over 10 years through little league and school. She definitely has just as many girl friends as guy friends. I really think that all the pictures of the main 3 guys gives outsiders that impression. Yes, she is very close with those guys (who are good guys IMO). And some of her friends are still under 18 and still in school, and have been advised by parents to keep a low profile because of the circumstances. Yes, AJ has many girls for friends that I would describe as close friends!

When it was my sister who was missing, we had hit a wall by this time. We were paralyzed. We were exhausted. We didn't know where to look, and LE didn't have any suggestions either. They advised us to conserve our energy because they were investigating all the angles. And you know what? They found her. If you haven't been through it you can never fully understand it, and I pray you never do.

But knowing there are people who love AJ who want to search, shouldn't we be thinking of how we could help them figure out where to start? I feel like we're becoming distracted. I just don't want us to get stagnant or get pulled down into the muck and mire of the family's drama.

I'm late with this reply, but I want to say how grateful I am to Fortbold and others who have had these tragic experiences and who are willing to recall them to share their hard-earned insights with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove