VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
14 minutes ago
@NorfolkPD just confirmed to @WTKR3 they have finished at the property in #SouthamptonCo where remains were found. #BringAJHome

Deputy just took down some of the crime scene tape at property in #Southampton County. Standby for more details. @WTKR3 #BringAJHome

Actually I had one of these for a year. Before I was treated with the right medication I used to faint multiple times a day and my family pressed hard for me to wear it so I could just push a button for emergency help if needed. But the other half is that they can track your exact location. The caveat is that you need to be in an area that has cell service through Verizon. It was 14.99 per month, plus you pay $99 for the device itself. I think a lot of this can be done by smartphones but it's not exactly easy to get phone pings immediately from LE when one goes missing.

Interesting.

I just think the technology that's available today, this kind of thing is just not practical for someone who doesn't have cognitive or health issues, as you had. For someone like AJ to be wearing this on the very off chance that someone would do this to her seems so remote.

14 minutes ago
@NorfolkPD just confirmed to @WTKR3 they have finished at the property in #SouthamptonCo where remains were found. #BringAJHome

Deputy just took down some of the crime scene tape at property in #Southampton County. Standby for more details. @WTKR3 #BringAJHome

Thanks goooodness, my goodness, with the weather about to come in, good timing!

Do you know if there was a for sale sign (or call to rent sign) ... with those signs and no upkeep it would be pretty easy to assume that no one was living there (through WH's eyes) IMO

I dont recall any for sale signs. As you can see the yard has not been tended to in quite some time. This is not particularly unusual in this area though. One, it's rural. Two, a few years ago a paper plant shut down in franklin which hit that area's economy hard. It has since reopened but You can still see the effects of the closure.

In my experience with drug addicts, they arent exactly known for keeping up with dates and holidays.
ally slipped what passes for WH's mind, especially if he and JH werent talking all that much.

I'll point at that WH didnt seem to even think twice about breaking into a strangers home.

I think he would give even less pause to breaking into a home he may have still considered as his own.

Above BBM, Ha!ha!ha!ha! I am gonna remember this quote, and I bet I'll use it in the future.

Good too see our tax dollars at work. (sarcasm) Shouldn't all those local and state cops be patrolling highways and city streets to make sure things like this don't happen again? SMH.

Respectfully, I'm not sure street patrol could have prevented this sad situation.

Interesting.

I just think the technology that's available today, this kind of thing is just not practical for someone who doesn't have cognitive or health issues, as you had. For someone like AJ to be wearing this on the very off chance that someone would do this to her seems so remote.

There are many who would object on the simple grounds of privacy. Like WH and company for example.

And maybe just maybe they should keep these vermin locked up after they kidnap a woman or rob a bank etc etc.
How many freaking chances do we have to give these low lifes?

Martha Stewart had to wear an ankle bracelet.
Pot smokers are serving life sentences.
And look at what we let roam our streets and live in our neighborhoods!

Sorry for the rant!

Aint that the truth.

(Sorry, the part about Martha Stewart wearing an ankle bracelet cracked me up).

But seriously, I agree with this statement one thousand percent, especially since I am a strong medical marijuana advocate.

JMO

Maybe used the $200 he supposedly gave AJ to rent van and came up with whole detailed story about her asking to "get some money" and supposed 2 hour internet search of GoPro in case LE checks his bank records and sees cash withdrawal same day AJ goes missing.

I have never been able to rent a vehicle without a credit card.

has anyone "heard the story" that CB is talking about today

Nope, I looked at WAVY's site, don't know if she was trying to suggest they look into it? I don't know why she wouldn't do an @Wavy... though.

I would imagine so, as there seems to be everywhere...but I got to say, after so many recent cases out of VA here on WS, I can't help but wonder if there's "something in the water out there", metaphorically speaking of course, jmo.

Don't say that - I have a teenage daughter (sniff sniff) no jinxy

I started thinking, and sorry if this has been brought up before, about something different. I am not committed to this idea, but it just occurred to me since reading a news article about remains found, especially since it was restated in those articles that the police did not suspect foul play. I wondered if maybe they thought she was suicidal. They could have evidence that points in that direction. These things can be hidden very well from a lot of people; a lot of times it appears to happen suddenly and without warning to a lot of people.

One thing that hit me was the neighbor who said she was driving with a purpose, or something along those lines.

I hope the remains found are not AJ, and still hope that maybe she is alive out there somewhere. Still sucks, though, because if they are not hers they are still someone else's (and she would still be missing).

I hope this post is not offensive to anyone; I know it is a sensitive thing to discuss, and like I said I am not fully committed to the idea. I was just trying to figure out why the police would not suspect foul play (of course, they could just be saying that to protect what they know and because they have not named any POIs or suspects yet) but consider her endangered. That would be an explanation for why.

And of course, there are a lot of other things we know that do not necessarily fit it with a suicide, but just a thought that I had that I figured I might as well share.

I know there are family members who come here and read, so I would like to apologize if what I am saying is upsetting; I have had to deal with suicide before and it is horrifying and difficult to even consider, so please take what I say with a grain of salt. This is all just a little bit of speculation, and we will not know what has happened until she is found...

IMO he made u the story to place them outside of the home.
I don't think she ever left the house alive! He needed to make it seem she was.
The phone call.
Needing money.... I think she would call MOM if she needed money not WH who was not even living there at the time.
Yes, you could be correct. You think he went into the house after her sisters left for school? The only thing is how did he get her body out since it was daytime? I've been going over this in my mind.

Interesting.

Well, between me and WS, I didn't wear it all the time. I barely wore it at all because it was quite annoying, it reminded me that I was ill, and it was too easy to forget to put it back on after showering or whatever. But at least my parents out of state had a (false) sense of security. Lol!

I started thinking, and sorry if this has been brought up before, about something different. I am not committed to this idea, but it just occurred to me since reading a news article about remains found, especially since it was restated in those articles that the police did not suspect foul play. I wondered if maybe they thought she was suicidal. They could have evidence that points in that direction. These things can be hidden very well from a lot of people; a lot of times it appears to happen suddenly and without warning to a lot of people.

One thing that hit me was the neighbor who said she was driving with a purpose, or something along those lines.

I hope the remains found are not AJ, and still hope that maybe she is alive out there somewhere. Still sucks, though, because if they are not hers they are still someone else's (and she would still be missing).

I hope this post is not offensive to anyone; I know it is a sensitive thing to discuss, and like I said I am not fully committed to the idea. I was just trying to figure out why the police would not suspect foul play (of course, they could just be saying that to protect what they know and because they have not named any POIs or suspects yet) but consider her endangered. That would be an explanation for why.

And of course, there are a lot of other things we know that do not necessarily fit it with a suicide, but just a thought that I had that I figured I might as well share.

I know there are family members who come here and read, so I would like to apologize if what I am saying is upsetting; I have had to deal with suicide before and it is horrifying and difficult to even consider, so please take what I say with a grain of salt. This is all just a little bit of speculation, and we will not know what has happened until she is found...

With regards to LE commenting initially that they don't suspect foul play, I've seen them this say this in many other cases when it does turn out to be foul play, fwiw (I'm not addressing the suicide aspect of your post, but just commenting on how common it is imo for LE to say this).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove