VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband's company looked into marketing this. The problem is, the item would have to be something the size of a man's watch and couldn't be implanted because the need for battery charging. The chips that are put in place for pets are only helpful if you have the pet in your hand and you scan the chip. You can't locate a pet through the chip, you can only scan and ID it once it has been located.

There are systems to track people - like felons under house arrest - and if you have a person who wanders a lot like a child with a developmental disorder or an adult with alzheimers, it's useful. Otherwise they're really too bulky. Additionally, anyone bent on harming the person could just take it off the victim and that would defeat the purpose.

I was thinking something smaller, implanted under the skin. I know sounds looney tunes..but in this day and age, blah blah, blah

Been with you guys all along, news we expected but still so difficult to hear. :tears:

Rest peacefully AJ, many heartfelt condolences to all those that love you.

:rose:

So, can a ME confirm both identity and COD, or are these still usually done by 2 different people/agencies even IF the remains are intact, etc.? (I should know this already)...

I know it takes forever to get identity confirmation and COD in some cases depending on the condition of the remains... I guess I'm just asking if it was hard to determine COD upon the initial examination (nevermind, I don't really want to know right now.)

Eta: maybe they know or have an idea of COD, but just need the official official confirmation for protocol purposes, kwim.

This is what I was thinking. They may know but want super official results so nothing gets messed up or anything, both within the system and from the public (evidence, jurors in a case, etc) just my guess I really don't know!

Yeah, sadly I agree there isn't much aj could have done if who we all suspect was the person that did this to her actually did. I'm fairly young and don't have children yet, but I was taught self defence at a very young age and after what happened to Hannah graham I started carrying a stun gun, pepper spray and a knife in my purse at all times. The world is crazy these days and when my hubs and I do have kids whenever they are old enough I'll make sure they have safety items as well. It's so important.
I'm glad you take care, katie, truly. I just worry that the media leads us to focus on (dare I say it: creates) a perception of constant danger, constant fear, and I worry about the long-term psychological effects on our society as a whole. The world has always been a violent place, yet it is full of beauty and grace and good people as well. I think being truly *well* demands that we see the good, which I still believe outweighs the bad in the world. Dunno, thinking out loud I suppose.

This is what I was thinking. They may know but want super official results so nothing gets messed up or anything, both within the system and from the public (evidence, jurors in a case, etc) just my guess I really don't know!

Agreed. They are going to want every i dotted and every t crossed if there is a trial.

It was so hard to come here and see the new tag for this thread. I can't even get myself to type it right now. I held out hope and was hoping to go out this weekend with flyers. Zach, the girls, bio dad and family will all be in my prayers. :floating::floating::floating::floating::floating:

How much does his guiltiness rely on his sleuthability?

I'm just wondering if he was easier to pick apart & find fault with because he was willing to try to be open about himself.

JMO

Good question. For me personally, I think his sleuthability played a role. It's hard to ignore his criminal past, especially since he has a lifelong history as opposed to a one-off crime.

As for him being open, I can't agree. He talked a lot about himself, sure, but to me being open means telling the truth and WH didn't tell the truth about some things, and nothing he said has been substantiated by LE. In fact he even admitted to CH that he had lied to her in a previous interview.

An ex-convict who lies raises red flags to me.

I'm glad you take care, katie, truly. I just worry that the media leads us to focus on (dare I say it: creates) a perception of constant danger, constant fear, and I worry about the long-term psychological effects on our society as a whole. The world has always been a violent place, yet it is full of beauty and grace and good people as well. I think being truly *well* demands that we see the good, which I still believe outweighs the bad in the world. Dunno, thinking out loud I suppose.

I know what you mean, because people tell me this all the time. But the danger is real. Jmo
*I guess having an active violent child predator murderer in my neighborhood has really screwed me up and having to not only deal with losing a precious little girl in our community but having to worry about stepping over body parts and the safety of my students, self and everyone else has really screwed me up. The effect on a community after something like this happens is devastating and long term. Just want to say, at least the suspected person is behind bars and if it is him, wont be able to hurt anyone else. And at least the family (Zach) and others don't have to wonder where she is for the rest of their lives. But still. While the huge variable of heartfelt terror and fear about an unknown uncaught active local predator is likely eliminated and looking at everyone wondering if its them, the pain is going to be very damaging and is for many people.

In Jessica's case we had a counseling support system set up for the students before her discovery was announced.

To all you locals, I know how this feels.

I keep getting stuck on her last tweet.....that was march 1 at 10 m
I think a number of us are keeping others on our radar, or at least I am. Problem is we can sleuth them privately but we can't talk about it here. I'm still trying to figure out where the primary crime scene is and how it fits with the time frame. There's a huge 36+ hour window between the time AJ was last seen (7 am March 2) and the time she was reported missing (9 pm March 3).

WH looks pretty guilty IMO but AJ could have encountered a number of people during that time. And since we can't trust WH's statements about the gas station meeting, white car, etc. we have almost nothing to go on. Right now the best evidence points to him.

We'll, I don't know much about soil in Virginia, but here in Northen MI the soil can be sandy underneath the top layer. No matter how cold it is; if you use a good sharp shovel you can break right through the top layer, and what you have under that is soft.

I'm Pertty sure graves get dug all year.

Interesting you bring this up. My husband & I were discussing this, in regards to whether it could be shown if AJ could have been moved & whether the soil was different in Norfolk and Franklin. In general we have clay like soil. Let me tell you, it is unbelievable to remove from boys white baseball pants.

Here is a good site re water & soil,if we ever need a reference.

http://www.virginiaplaces.org/watersheds/groundwater.html

I think he did this all to himself.
He inserted himself into every aspect of this investigation.
IMO it was very strange.

I don't think he was being open about himself at all.

You might be completely right. IDK how this is to be determined.

I am concerned because maybe he was a great father who really did love AJ and vice versa, nothing creepy or perverted about it.

I can imagine a man estranged from his family being willing to go to extraordinary lengths to win back their hearts and their forgiveness after something tragic happens. Maybe he inserted himself in the case to prove to them how devoted he is? (Not to mention, apparently someone tweeted his criminal record to the world, associating it with her disappearance from Day 1, which I just now read about. I may want to prove myself innocent, too, IDK.)

For everyone's sake, I hope my thinking is closer to the mark than not, especially for Zach & the girls & AJ's mother.

JMO

I wonder if due to his job,if WH ever had any work to do at this house and knew it was vacant. Also, since there's no COD, I'm assuming she wasn't shot. Rest in peace,AJ. I'm so sorry your life was taken.

She probably wasn't shot. But just putting it out there that sometimes it takes a few weeks to determine if there was a bullet wound, if the body is in bad condition when found. Sorry for the graphic images...:cry:

I am glad this beautiful girl has been located so that she is not left to fade to dust anonymously and can be buried. And especially, so that the path to justice can begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akwy