VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zach, I have followed the thread from the beginning but am new to posting. Please know that you are admired for how you're handling things. You don't have to come on here and justify anything, but you have no problem doing so. I especially admire how you put your own feelings of panic and grief aside to be there for AJ when her body was recovered. You made sure she wasn't alone and now it's our turn to lift you up and make sure YOU aren't alone. Sending prayers and love to you and yours.

And many thanks to all the awesome WSers here! Such a wonderful community of people here seeking justice for AJ!

Yeah, there's been 1 (one) person on this thread who has expressed that specific view that there is NO reason at this point to suspect he's the #1 suspect. IIRC. One.

There's actually 2 of us. Lol. I'm still reading and trying to catch up but so far I haven't read about any motive. Please, can someone enlighten me then maybe I'll be on the same page as everyone else. TIA

I'm #3, I guess. I haven't come to any final conclusion.

Wouldn't JH have the legal right to change AJ's name without actual adoption papers?

I pretty sure it's an age thing.mwhen you are 13 or older they can choose to be adopted or not.

Very true, but JH would have had the legal right to just change AJ's last name. An adoption would not need to take place.

But, I'm still not clear as to which one actually occurred.

Very true, but JH would have had the legal right to just change AJ's last name. An adoption would not need to take place.

Exactly!
A name change is not all that complicated, why did he have to adopt her?
Did it look better to his parole officer?

I'm #3, I guess. I haven't come to any final conclusion.
I don't think we will ever have a motive. His past speaks volumes. I believe it was a control thing. Why did he kidnap his wife? Why did he run off with a 15 year old girl and rob a bank? Nobody tells him No!

I don't think your allowed to do that anymore. I believe 9-11 changed that. She would have had to use her legal name at school and on all her documentation.

I have to jump in with a question here and I hope I don't ruin your flow ;)
I've been reading along for weeks, but haven't commented. The last day I read was when AJ was identified and so much has gone on already that I am losing track in my mind.

When was that first interview Wesley gave when he told of giving AJ the money she needed for the Go-Pro (to CH, I think)?

Wasn't that before his arrest? I am wondering now since he refers to the softball jacket in that interview ...

Then, I read the snip from NG transcript - has she covered anything since that tiny blurp in the beginning?

I read the jailhouse interview he gave to CH ... was there just one?

Are there any more interviews that I am missing?

Has AJ's Mother spoken out yet?

Sorry for all of the questions, I am trying to catch up!!!

Exactly why I have left them there longer than normal and exactly why I let Anjelica go 5 years ago. Because I don't want the tug of war and I am not trying to be self centered and definitely don't use my children as a pawn.

I'm coming in late to the conversation about your children, but here are my thoughts. As a parent with joint custody, you have rights. You are the adult and they are the children. Until they are of age, or a judge resends the custody agreement, the children must do as they are told. Period. And while I can see being somewhat lenient and sharing a few extra days on occasion, I think you send the wrong message to children by allowing them to "not come home" when the judge says it is your week to have them. The kids need to know that you are not willing to give up your time with them! It gives them security and a foundation that they are not going to have if someone else is calling the shots.

Let them know that you understand that they are torn and be willing to listen to them without badmouthing their mother. Take them out for ice cream, have pajama day, and when it's time to return them to their mother let them know right then what day and time you will pick them up and that they are expected to be ready to go.

"Because I'm your Dad, and I said so...."

It's difficult... but you are the adult - with joint custody.

I mean they would normally be texting me or calling me our even wanting to see me sometimes, especially during hard times. They haven't for 5 days. Anjelica stopped doing this on her mom's weeks and then she left.

Respectfully, I would think/hope they haven't went thru anything like this in their short lives. And their sister was just found dead after being missing for so long. "Hard Times" prior are nothing like they are experiencing now. Hopefully you have friends, loved ones near to give you emotional support. Nothing, NOTHING, is going to be "normal" as it was prior. JMHO. Sending heartfelt Prayers to all Family and Friends.

There's actually 2 of us. Lol. I'm still reading and trying to catch up but so far I haven't read about any motive. Please, can someone enlighten me then maybe I'll be on the same page as everyone else. TIA

Sudden, explosive, uncontrollable and possibly drug-induced rage. I personally don't believe , yet, that WH pre-meditated AJ's murder - it was spontaneous, reactionary, and not intentional, thus his ridiculous coverup and Hollywood performances. It is about what you would expect an ex con to cook up in a little over 24 hours before finally reporting AJ missing...after friends were wondering where she was for several hours...because they "didn't know what to do."

If you're curious how the prosecution will prove motive - I don't think they will need to because they wont seek the death penalty and they probably wont go for 1st degree either. Someone said they were worried he might enter an alford plea, and I wouldn't be surprised if he does. I don't like to speculate too far ahead though and prefer to wait calmly for the ME report.

I don't think your allowed to do that anymore. I believe 9-11 changed that. She would have had to use her legal name at school and on all her documentation.

I mean that JH could have gone to an attorney and filed a petition with the court to have AJ's name changed to Hadsell. Written consent from anyone else who had legal rights would have been necessary. But, they would not have had to go through an adoption process to change the name.

I don't think we will ever have a motive. b I believe it was a control thing. Why did he kidnap his wife? Why did he run off with a 15 year old girl and rob a bank? Nobody tells him No!

Right on. He has displayed similar behavior with two other women in his life. The situations are not exactly alike, but they sure are similar. This alone does not prove his guilt, of course, but his prior experience cannot be ignored. I think he has a habit of reacting a certain way.

My opinion only.

All I know is he mostly drove the company work van. Like 99% of the time. Including to the hotel every night. I don't even know why he would have had it to 'drop it off' for Anjelica in the first place.

IMO, so that he would have an excuse for being at the house first thing in the morning; just in case anyone saw him.

Sudden, explosive, uncontrollable and possibly drug-induced rage. I personally don't believe , yet, that WH pre-meditated AJ's murder - it was spontaneous, reactionary, and not intentional, thus his ridiculous coverup and Hollywood performances. It is about what you would expect an ex con to cook up in a little over 24 hours before finally reporting AJ missing...after friends were wondering where she was for several hours...because they "didn't know what to do."

If you're curious how the prosecution will prove motive - I don't think they will need to because they wont seek the death penalty and they probably wont go for 1st degree either. Someone said they were worried he might enter an alford plea, and I wouldn't be surprised if he does. I don't like to speculate too far ahead though and prefer to wait calmly for the ME report.

What do you think may have caused the rage?

Do you guys remember this post from Zach? post 501.
BBM:
"She was being transported by her mom (usually) to and from school. Truck used to be Wes's, then was hers (gift from him), then she got another car, which I can't remember if it was having problems or she just couldn't drive cause she was a freshman or just cost too much in gas, but she was being driven by Jennifer and Josh for the most part."

I wonder if it was ever clarified if indeed she did have another car that she used or not. Maybe she didn't need the red truck at all. Maybe that was just a reason if WH was seen at the house that morning he was making a reason for being there in case he was seen.

I did some research regarding changing a child's name (specific to Virginia):

How To Change Your Child’s Last Name In Virginia

If only one parent signs the application, the procedure would be slightly different. The parent requesting the name change would return the signed and notarized application to the clerk’s office of the appropriate Circuit Court. The clerk will then assign a court date for a hearing. When only one parent has signed the application, the other parent must be given notice of the hearing by proper service of process. At the hearing, the court would decide whether or not changing the child’s last name is in the child’s best interest. At this hearing the moving party will present evidence justifying the request for the name change, and the non-consenting parent will have an opportunity to present evidence in opposition to the name change.

Whether one or both parents join in the application, pursuant toVirginia Code § 8.01-217 the court will order the name change unless the change is for a fraudulent purpose, will result in infringement of another person’s rights, or is not in the best interest of the child. It is important to know that legally changing a child’s name does not alter the rights or obligations of the parents. The other party will still have the obligation to pay child support, care for their child, and may still have the right to visitation unless the court deems otherwise. If you are seeking to dissolve the other party’s rights or obligations, please see our post on terminating parental rights.

MuchMore@Link

http://www.livesaymyers.com/how-to-change-child-last-name-virginia/

----
IME, in California, it can't just "happen" without the other parent's consent (or a court order).
HTH,...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didnt Zach say she was adopted by WH? Argh can't find the post.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rfolk-3-March-2015-17&p=11690281#post11690281

All I know is he mostly drove the company work van. Like 99% of the time. Including to the hotel every night. I don't even know why he would have had it to 'drop it off' for Anjelica in the first place.

'IT' meaning the red truck. I'm not sure why he even had it or if that is even true.
Thank you Zach for giving us some clarification, to the best of your knowledge, about the red truck.

It surely makes me wonder now if WH was lying about bringing the truck to the house and WHY he would lie about it. Was it a "cover" just in case someone saw the plumbing co. van at the house ... that was his excuse for being there??

Referencing luckyseven's post below, and highlighted in red, notice how many times WH mentions the "red truck". Also, notice how many times (black bolded) he mentions specific times in his interview yet ... he FAILS to mention the time he supposedly dropped off the red truck. Is that because he was leaving himself an out, so to speak, where he could finagle his timeline just in case someone saw the plumbing van at the house?

Quote snipped, BBM and text colored red by me:
I invite you to re-examine his timeline of events from the afternoon she went missing. I've cleaned up the rhetoric so it is understandable and does not include useless mumbling. What really happened from 7:30am - 2:00pm?

My wife left at seven o’clock in the morning March 2nd.

That morning I had actually dropped off the red truck for AJ - she’s home from spring break and I knew she would need it. I didn’t speak with her, I left the keys in the mailbox.

I left and then I heard from Anjelica. She called me on the phone and asked to borrow money - no - she didn’t ask to borrow money, but her exact words were “can I get some money?”

When she asked if she could get some money I understood what she was probably asking, so I gave her $200 because the camera she wanted went for around that.

I left work at 11:53am and I drove over to the gas station. I met her, I would say, around 12:10, 12:15pm.

We kind of just hung out and stared at each other, you know.

She departed my presence at I would say about 12:40, 12:45pm.

I late getting back to my job, but, my daughter called me, and that’s something she doesn’t do. So, I dedicated extra time outside of my lunch break. Because, 12:45pm, I’m supposed to be on the clock.

I got back to work at around 1:15, 1:20pm. (We do not know if his employer has confirmed this.)

I know our neighbor saw her after one o’clock departing. She waved to him. (This neighbor didn't come forward until two weeks later.

2:00pm is the last physical sighting of her driving the red truck back towards the house with a white, small, compact car following her. (Insider info tells us that the witnesses are not certain of their dates/times.)

My neighbor reported at 2:03pm he saw, behind my red truck that was parked in my driveway, a small white 4 door compact car. (Insider info tells us that the witnesses are not certain of their dates/times.)

Justice, my second oldest daughter, comes home from school at 2:25pm that day. My 18 year old daughter, Anjelica Hadsell, was not present at the home. The red truck was still there, however, it had been moved from the left side of the drive to the right side.

So, if many of the details WH told us are false, for what reasons did he tell us these? What did he need to cover for? What really happened? These are the kinds of questions I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member